Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:54 AM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 8,514
Rep Points: 10467
Default Ed Reed...quitter.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...mments-raiders

Curious comments from Ed Reed after Ravens' win

November 12, 2012|By Mike Preston | The Baltimore Sun

The strangest post-game comments Sunday came from Ravens Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed. He had a poor game against the Raiders and hasn't played well this season. He is in the final year of his contract, and was pulled from the game Sunday after three quarters because of a "stinger" in his shoulder.

"Yeah, the game was, we thought, out of reach," Reed said when asked if it was a coach's decision to leave the game early. "The offense was playing well and I was having a pretty bad game as an individual and I really didn't want to go back out there as a competitor playing the way I was playing today. But we've got guys that can step up, step in, and needed to get those reps and see what others guys can do."

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 AM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,087
Rep Points: 1766
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

As bad of an attitude as that is for any player to have, there have been more than a few occassions I wished Ike would done that. I guess he just faked his injury to get himself of the field. Or is he really just that fragile?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Captain Obvious's Avatar
Captain Obvious Captain Obvious is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Newville, PA
Posts: 4,520
Rep Points: 3526
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...mments-raiders

Curious comments from Ed Reed after Ravens' win

November 12, 2012|By Mike Preston | The Baltimore Sun

The strangest post-game comments Sunday came from Ravens Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed. He had a poor game against the Raiders and hasn't played well this season. He is in the final year of his contract, and was pulled from the game Sunday after three quarters because of a "stinger" in his shoulder.

"Yeah, the game was, we thought, out of reach," Reed said when asked if it was a coach's decision to leave the game early. "The offense was playing well and I was having a pretty bad game as an individual and I really didn't want to go back out there as a competitor playing the way I was playing today. But we've got guys that can step up, step in, and needed to get those reps and see what others guys can do."

Actually, I love that kind of attitude. If you aren't playing well, and you seem to be hurting the team, just get off the field. Let someone else replace you that might help more.
__________________
Typical Bengals fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
I was just pulling numbers out of my ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Flacco is not elite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I root for a team that has the most Championships
In response to making a sig bet on who ends up higher in the standings between the Ravens and Steelers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Too easy....I'll take this bet.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 AM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 8,514
Rep Points: 10467
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Actually, I love that kind of attitude. If you aren't playing well, and you seem to be hurting the team, just get off the field. Let someone else replace you that might help more.
But he's not hurting the team. He's the greatest football player EVAH!

Signed,

Every Ravens Fan

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Captain Obvious's Avatar
Captain Obvious Captain Obvious is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Newville, PA
Posts: 4,520
Rep Points: 3526
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
But he's not hurting the team. He's the greatest football player EVAH!

Signed,

Every Ravens Fan

Yes that's true. They claim he's the greatest along with Lewis. None of the Ravens want to play with the Steelers this Sunday. They'll all come down with a bug.
__________________
Typical Bengals fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
I was just pulling numbers out of my ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Flacco is not elite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I root for a team that has the most Championships
In response to making a sig bet on who ends up higher in the standings between the Ravens and Steelers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Too easy....I'll take this bet.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,209
Rep Points: 2684
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Yes that's true. They claim he's the greatest along with Lewis. None of the Ravens want to play with the Steelers this Sunday. They'll all come down with a bug.
Theyd rather play with them than against them I bet.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,844
Rep Points: 13139
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

gmdino is an undercover Ravens fan. He scours the Internet for Ravens stories more than most Ravens fans.
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 8,514
Rep Points: 10467
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
gmdino is an undercover Ravens fan. He scours the Internet for Ravens stories more than most Ravens fans.
Ravens fans are just bandwagon fans. I find more articles by accident than they read on purpose.

Of course since most of them can't read that's not really a fair comparison.

Actually one of the Raven beat writers was on the radio this morning and told that story so I posted it.

Truth hurts don't it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,209
Rep Points: 2684
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
He scours the Internet for Ravens stories more than most Ravens fans.
Well yeah, most ravens fans don't own computers. Can you even get the Internet in Baltimore?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 PM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 8,868
Rep Points: 11227
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Lol @ attempted MD smack.

There's a reason people leave your states for ours.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug



Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:41 PM
TGISunday's Avatar
TGISunday TGISunday is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,214
Rep Points: 2528
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Seems interesting to bring Safety injury smack to the table as a Steeler fan.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 PM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 8,514
Rep Points: 10467
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Lol @ attempted MD smack.

There's a reason people leave your states for ours.
Sure...its easy to get a job there since no one who lives there is educated or wants to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
Seems interesting to bring Safety injury smack to the table as a Steeler fan.
Don't even Don't you know Troy will never EVAH be as good as Ed!

EVAH!!!!1!!1!!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:52 PM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
gmdino is an undercover Ravens fan. He scours the Internet for Ravens stories more than most Ravens fans.
My question is how much did the Ravens pay the Chiefs to take Ben out of this game?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Captain Obvious's Avatar
Captain Obvious Captain Obvious is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Newville, PA
Posts: 4,520
Rep Points: 3526
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
gmdino is an undercover Ravens fan. He scours the Internet for Ravens stories more than most Ravens fans.
Where I live it's a Baltimore market and all I hear about is Baltimore. All I have to do is turn on the TV to see enough about the Ravens to make a Steelers fan sick.
__________________
Typical Bengals fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater View Post
I was just pulling numbers out of my ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Flacco is not elite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I root for a team that has the most Championships
In response to making a sig bet on who ends up higher in the standings between the Ravens and Steelers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Too easy....I'll take this bet.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,209
Rep Points: 2684
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...mments-raiders

Curious comments from Ed Reed after Ravens' win

November 12, 2012|By Mike Preston | The Baltimore Sun

The strangest post-game comments Sunday came from Ravens Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed. He had a poor game against the Raiders and hasn't played well this season. He is in the final year of his contract, and was pulled from the game Sunday after three quarters because of a "stinger" in his shoulder.

"Yeah, the game was, we thought, out of reach," Reed said when asked if it was a coach's decision to leave the game early. "The offense was playing well and I was having a pretty bad game as an individual and I really didn't want to go back out there as a competitor playing the way I was playing today. But we've got guys that can step up, step in, and needed to get those reps and see what others guys can do."

Actually Reed's quote in bold validates your "Reed is old..and broken" thread.

He's telling himself he merely had a bad game because he cant come to grips with realization that he is washed up.
__________________


Last edited by Woodley; 11-17-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 AM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 12,832
Rep Points: 12845
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Actually Reed's quote in bold validates your "Reed is old..and broken" thread.

He's telling himself he merely had a bad game because he cant come to grips with realization that he is washed up.
Or not. There's always that.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 AM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 8,868
Rep Points: 11227
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
Sure...its easy to get a job there since no one who lives there is educated or wants to work.
Damn our top in the nation education.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug



Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 AM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 12,832
Rep Points: 12845
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Damn our top in the nation education.
Why are the Olinemen blocking each other in your sig?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,209
Rep Points: 2684
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Why are the Olinemen blocking each other in your sig?
It's merely an illusion to make it look like there were defenders there.. thats all rfault.

I know it must be killin you to get an answer. Glad I could help.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40 AM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 12,832
Rep Points: 12845
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
It's merely an illusion to make it look like there were defenders there.. thats all rfault.

I know it must be killin you to get an answer. Glad I could help.
Oh. I thought it was just a hypocatastasis of the Raven's defense.

You know, not being there.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 PM
BmorePat87's Avatar
BmorePat87 BmorePat87 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birdland
Posts: 8,868
Rep Points: 11227
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Oh. I thought it was just a hypocatastasis of the Raven's defense.

You know, not being there.
True. The only teams we can keep under 14 are terrible teams like the Chiefs or Bengals.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug



Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,209
Rep Points: 2684
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Oh. I thought it was just a hypocatastasis of the Raven's defense.
Rfaulk was so eager to show off the new word he learned.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 12,832
Rep Points: 12845
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Rfaulk was so eager to show off the new word he learned.
Speculation and conjecture will get you nowhere in life, son.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 12,832
Rep Points: 12845
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
True. The only teams we can keep under 14 are terrible teams like the Chiefs or Bengals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Rfaulk was so eager to show off the new word he learned.
You see that, buttcrack? Right again.

Up your nose, with a rubber hose.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,815
Rep Points: 20718
Default Re: Ed Reed...quitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...mments-raiders

Curious comments from Ed Reed after Ravens' win

November 12, 2012|By Mike Preston | The Baltimore Sun

The strangest post-game comments Sunday came from Ravens Pro Bowl safety Ed Reed. He had a poor game against the Raiders and hasn't played well this season. He is in the final year of his contract, and was pulled from the game Sunday after three quarters because of a "stinger" in his shoulder.

"Yeah, the game was, we thought, out of reach," Reed said when asked if it was a coach's decision to leave the game early. "The offense was playing well and I was having a pretty bad game as an individual and I really didn't want to go back out there as a competitor playing the way I was playing today. But we've got guys that can step up, step in, and needed to get those reps and see what others guys can do."

At least Reed can admit it. He was having a bad game and didn't want to hurt his club. Every player,no matter how good,has bad games. On the one hand,you can say he wasn't being a competitor,but on the other hand,competitor's don't sit for 7 weeks with a pulled calf muscle.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.