Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581
Default Re: Dalton on pace to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Andy's stats do matter. If our QB throws for 4200 yards and 32 tds while completing 64%, I think it's safe to say he's not the problem. Maybe we should be looking at our defensive stats or Law Firm's stats. That's where our problems are right now.
Don't get me wrong I am all the way with you. The on position on the field who's stats matter the most is the QB the better stats he has the better his offense usually performs.

Why do we have a 4-5 record it is simple the defense fell apart in games Dalton and company put us ahead. We have no running game to run down the clock after we are ahead, as well as lowering Dalton's total number of throws to limit his INTs.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2308

I've done my fair share of Andy-bashing, but he's far from the biggest problem on this team. Andy has his moments, and if he can become more consistent, he'll be fine in this league.

The problems lie within the defense and the lack of running game. I'm finally on board the Peerman-Express. I feel he needs to be seeing more snaps.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:12 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Guess what other record Dalton has broke? Consecutive games with at least one Interception.

This is no surprise considering the NFL is a pass first league nowadays. Team records for passing are being broke left and right. Congrats to Dalton though I guess, but I bet he'd much rather have more wins than losses.
And he faces nickel and dime defenses on 80% of his snaps because we have no threat in the running game.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-17-2012, 12:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8882

Just wait and see what he does when we get a running game and the #2 WR spot gets solidified! (Hopefully with Sanu)
Old 11-17-2012, 12:54 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2791

My only issues that involve Andy is

O line allows balls to be batted regularly

Receivers don't create separation consistantly

More specific to Andy is his ability to create something after the play breaks down

Some pocket pressure awareness issues

Easy fix items that did not show up aside from batted balls against the giants

More Sanu, Jones, Charles.

O line performing like last week

The change of pace we saw with the rbbc

Those things will keep Andy playing like the QB we drafted.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2686

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
Lets be ****ing realistic here for just a second. The 4-5 record is not just Dalton's fault alone. However if he threw 70ints and 1000 yards the 0-12 season would certainly be all his fault.
No where did I say it is any of Dalton's fault. I only said at this point I don't care what any of his stats are except how many games he has won as our QB. Hence my way over exaggeration of 70 INTs and 1000 yards.

The problem...if we have to dive into is that this team...barring 1 game has yet to put together 4 quarters of the defense, offense, and special teams true potential.

It seems we have seen bits and pieces of what our offensive identity should be...setting up the run with the pass, and a hurry up type of offense. Hopefully after the Giants game we can acknowledge that and start imposing our will on opposing defenses and not the other way around.

Who Dey!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyhands View Post
No where did I say it is any of Dalton's fault. I only said at this point I don't care what any of his stats are except how many games he has won as our QB. Hence my way over exaggeration of 70 INTs and 1000 yards.

The problem...if we have to dive into is that this team...barring 1 game has yet to put together 4 quarters of the defense, offense, and special teams true potential.

It seems we have seen bits and pieces of what our offensive identity should be...setting up the run with the pass, and a hurry up type of offense. Hopefully after the Giants game we can acknowledge that and start imposing our will on opposing defenses and not the other way around.

Who Dey!
Okay I am with you I guess I just didn't grasp something. I just tend to defend Dalton since so many want to blame our teams woes on him. I just can't see the means to do it him and AJ are the bright spots on this team. Hell every time he throws a TD I shout ROADHOUSE!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
You're kidding, right? IF I remember correctly he led us to an 11-5 record and the playoffs.

Did he win the playoff game? No, but then again, he only played 1 play.

I think the Dalton/Palmer comparisions are useless. They are two different types of QBs (at least Palmer used to be). Palmer was one of the more physically gifted QBs to come into the league. Say what you want, but he turned this franchise around.

All that being said, I'm glad he moved on. His injuries killed his confidence and he is no longer a good NFL QB.
So that's the only year you remember? Lol