Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17571
Default Re: 5-5 With 6 Games Left Is Something For Bengals To Shoot For

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbacalao View Post
I agree completely. The only way I can envision the Bengals winning this game is by jumping out to a 14 point lead early. KC will also have to continue to turn the ball over. If those two things dont happen, the Bengals wont win. This is a game where Cinci needs to get the ball first and score. Defensively overall, and offensively running the ball, KC is the superior team, record not withstanding.
They have a better running game, that's it.

Our D is much better, stop it.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post

Eh. They have a ton of talent on that D.
Just can't stay off the field with their awful offense and horrid CBs.
They have 4-5 guys I would love to bring over here off that D.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

It'd be nice if the Dolphins lost tonight.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:36 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post

No. KC's D is better and the stats agree. They're ranked 11th overall, Bengals ranked 18th. Against the pass KC is ranked 8th overall, the Bengals 17th. Against the run overall the Bengals are ranked 18th, KC is ranked 21st, but both teams are giving up 4.4 per rush.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3510

7 Games left

@ Kansas City - W

vs Oakland - W

@ San Diego - W

vs Dallas - W

@ Philadelphia (Thursday Night Football) - W

@ Pittsburgh - could go either way

vs Baltimore - could go either way
Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
Looking at the remaining schedules of all the teams listed......I think it comes down to Pitt and Cincy. That week 16 game against the Steelers is gonna be HUUUUUUUUUUGE given we don't lose more than 1 game before then. The schedule is saving the best for last and there would be nothing sweeter heading into the playoffs with 2 straight division wins.
Provided that we win the games we're supposed over these next few then that game against Pittsburg will be a defining moment. If Cincinnati can run through the Steelers and Ravens that, one would hope, give them huge momementum going into a playoff game and we may actually get our first postseason win under Lewis. Doing so I think would give this team enough confidence to make a serious run to New Orleans. But, first....gotta win at Arrowhead. One step at a time.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Well, the best way to beat a team that can run but is one of the worst in passing is to have the lead.

I know this from watching and rooting for Ohio State with Woody Hayes.....but Woody did have a huge weakness. If a team could get a lead on Woody it was game over because Woody knew running but he didn't know a darn thing about passing. ...Normally Woody didn't have to pass which he hated anyway, and he could run the entire game and beat alot of teams.....But their were games, yes Michigan, Alabama, Clemson, UCLA, USC.....but Stanford stands out to me. 1970 Buckeyes were huge favorites in Rose Bowl, but a guy named Jim Plunkett blew OSU away with passing....and once Stanford had the lead, Woodys running game did him no good in catching up. ....This was not the only time I would see Woody behind the 8 ball.

So what I'm saying is, that if you get a nice lead on a running team that can't pass, it really kills them because it's hard to play catch up running the ball as that clock ticks away.

Kansas City didn't have a lead in any game until Monday night. ....If Bengals get the early lead and keep the lead, Romeo may know how Woody felt as he is less and less able to run and forced to pass when his team can't pass. It was sad as a Buckeye fan knowing there was no way Woody could catch up from behind because he couldn't pass....but I hope thats what happens to Chiefs......Now what we don't want is Chiefs in lead all game and running the ball up our rear end all game. We lose that type game.
I agree. I think the Bengals have got to play the run and pin their ears back and go after whoever they decide to throw under center. We went with that mentality last week against a good quarterback in Eli and I'd say things turned out just fine. Trust the secondary to play like they did last week and let the D-line create some havoc. Whether it's Cassell or Quinn back there, I think you're only tru threat is Charles. Focus on him and there's only so much he can do. Keep the turnover machine running. Strip, Recover, Score, Repeat.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2834

Quote:
They proved they can beat good teams left on schedule with win over Giants.

If Bengals climb to 5-5, this season is far from over. ...Miami, Pittsburg, Indy and San Diego could very easily all take losses this week.....putting Bengals back in the thick of the Wild Card hunt....I'm not sure we can catch Baltimore, so maybe Baltimore beating Steelers twice and Bengals beating Steelers would be best scenario for us. Plus a chance to hang a loss on Chargers.
One win isn't much proof of anything. KC took down New Orleans, but can't seem to buy a win otherwise. One win against a slumping team is more a fluke than a vindication.

Not that I don't share your optimism. I want to think it means the team is back on track, too. But most importantly they need to be able to win when they're favored, and put together a string of wins. I don't know if this team has the mindset to put together a 4 or 5 game streak.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2417

The Giants have been playing like a below average team recently. Still an encouraging win, but I don't feel like they beat a winning team.

On paper they beat a winning team, but what they really beat was a struggling team, with a lousy secondary and a QB that had not thrown a TD in like 11 Quarters.

Now they need to go beat the **** out of a lousy team tomorrow.

Quote:
They proved they can beat good teams left on schedule with win over Giants.

If Bengals climb to 5-5, this season is far from over. ...Miami, Pittsburg, Indy and San Diego could very easily all take losses this week.....putting Bengals back in the thick of the Wild Card hunt....I'm not sure we can catch Baltimore, so maybe Baltimore beating Steelers twice and Bengals beating Steelers would be best scenario for us. Plus a chance to hang a loss on Chargers.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 235

Season is over. Best we could do now is go 8-8. Marvin's favorite outcome.

Last edited by BumpyTrumpy; 11-17-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
One win isn't much proof of anything. KC took down New Orleans, but can't seem to buy a win otherwise. One win against a slumping team is more a fluke than a vindication.

Not that I don't share your optimism. I want to think it means the team is back on track, too. But most importantly they need to be able to win when they're favored, and put together a string of wins. I don't know if this team has the mindset to put together a 4 or 5 game streak.
to be fair it was thanks to New Orleans that the Panthers weren't an 0-6 team before they beat Washington so I wouldnt buy New Orleans as a 'good' team this year either
Old 11-17-2012, 04:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16973

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyTrumpy View Post
Season is over. Best we could do now is go 8-8. Marvin's favorite outcome.
Learn more about life, kid. And learn to read. With 7 games left, the "best" they can do is 11-5.

Owned.

Kid.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5619

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Learn more about life, kid. And learn to read. With 7 games left, the "best" they can do is 11-5.

Owned.

Kid.
Ahhh Bumpy.......that idiot is like a bad case of venerial warts.....just nasty enough to bug you but never really does anything to hurt you.....or so I've read.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!