Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15238
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Two words--seek help.
Awwww......did someone steal your lunch money?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
He did quit on his team. He left the guys in the locker room high and dry, Dr. Spin. If you've ever played on a team, you wouldn't even question this.

I never once took the organization's side. I don't even look at it that way. You see, I have no obsession with MB. I don't bang my head against that wall cuz the wall always wins. Explain the value of spending a bunch of anger on MB. I don't see it and never will. It is what it is, and bicching about it won't change it one iota. So, what's the point? You guys aren't telling me anything I haven't known for a long time. Go find anything I said about how good the organization is.

You wanna screw MB, fine by me. You screw your teammates and subsequently, the fans in the process, that's a different story. If you don't think the timing of the departure wasn't chosen for its potential impact on the organization(which, btw, includes all his former teammates, whether you like it or not), then you are very naive or still a little too infatuated with the player.

Of course it's not his responsibility to find his replacement. I never once said that. He left when he did with the very real possibility that the Bengals, which, again includes his teammates, would be up **** creek at the position. That, to me, is a big part of the when. I know the why. He wanted TO, he got TO, he didn't like working with TO. J/K,but seriously, this whole thing has gotten way personal. I have nothing against the man. I like the guy we have now. He got out like he wanted. End of story. This is not my crusade.
I've played on many teams....had several quit little league because our coach was tough.....we certainly didn't cry about it for two years, we just moved on. Had players quit in middle school, didn't like running. Didn't see one tear in the huddle because they quit....even some of us had to go both ways as a result. It's called manning up. Got to high school.....players transferred, they wanted more playing time, and could get it at the county schools.....were there any tears? Nope, not one. In fact, we still drank beer with some of them. Look at Penn State....all of those players quitters for leaving a screwed up dysfunctional situation, that had ZERO chance of postseason glory?

Lame argument.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:42 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36340

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
29 QBs have at least 250 passing attempts in the NFL. Of those CP9 is ranked 15 (bottom half) in passer rating on a 3-6 team. Is that what you call "having a very nice year"?
He's all they got. He is the only thing making that team competitive at all in this league so yea, all things considered, he's having a decent year. He's just on a really bad team, not hard to see that really, but I know you'll refuse to acknowledge the obvious like you always do when it comes to "CP9".
Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37562

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
He's all they got. He is the only thing making that team competitive at all in this league so yea, all things considered, he's having a decent year. He's just on a really bad team, not hard to see that really, but I know you'll refuse to acknowledge the obvious like you always do when it comes to "CP9".
No doubt and if you look at post 219 I freely admitted CP9 wasn't the only reason the team is having a bad year; just disagreed with the assertion that he is "having a very nice year". So by saying bottom half in the league in QB rating on a 3-6 team is not a very good year I'm refusing to acknowledge the obvious?

Maybe CP9 shoulda paid heed to the old saying: Be careful what you ask for.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
I also see where WW is trying to compare this situation to Boomer's; they were nothing alike. Boomer wanted traded after Mikey had already drafted his replacement (after Boomer and Fulcher both expressed the need to draft defense), it was evident Mikey wanted to go in a different direction and Boomer wanted to be able to explore opportunities elsewhere. Even with that he agreed to stay on an extra year and facilitate the transition.
I've heard Boomer state on more than one occasion that he would have done the exact same thing as Palmer had his salary been as exorbitant as most post-millennium starting QBs.

He, like many other disgruntled Bengals, stayed because they couldn't afford to retire if they were forced to.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:20 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36340

Quote:
No doubt and if you look at post 219 I freely admitted CP9 wasn't the only reason the team is having a bad year; just disagreed with the assertion that he is "having a very nice year". So by saying bottom half in the league in QB rating on a 3-6 team is not a very good year I'm refusing to acknowledge the obvious?

Nothing good or "nice" about the Raiders this year. Palmer is playing pretty good though for the spot he's in and yea, he should have been more careful what he asked for. Like someone else said, the Raiders might not be cheapskates but they are a terrible team right now and Palmer doesn't have many years left. Oh well, dem's da breaks and speaking of, we should beat the brakes of the Raiders in a couple weeks.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2758

I hope this game means a lot to the Bengals and the extra passion gets us the win. But really, the way the AFC is shaping up, Cincy--completely unimaginable a week ago--has a much bigger motivation (playoff shot).
Old 11-17-2012, 08:10 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

CP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
I've heard Boomer state on more than one occasion that he would have done the exact same thing as Palmer had his salary been as exorbitant as most post-millennium starting QBs.

He, like many other disgruntled Bengals, stayed because they couldn't afford to retire if they were forced to.
Not only that, but, yet again, the timeline was totally misrepresented to facilitate the hate. Boomer wanted out BEFORE the Bengals drafted Klingler.....he wanted out as soon as Sammie got axed. Boomer's no fool, he knew what was coming for this franchise. Klingler was drafted because of Boomer's trade demands. But, whatevs.....no need to let facts get in the way of a good ol rant, like I always say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
I hope this game means a lot to the Bengals and the extra passion gets us the win. But really, the way the AFC is shaping up, Cincy--completely unimaginable a week ago--has a much bigger motivation (playoff shot).
You are exactly right. We need ALL of these games to even think playoffs.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19691

Can't wait for this game. He shall be booed loudly....

Old 11-17-2012, 10:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Can't wait for this game. He shall be booed loudly....
I'd expect at least some courtesy applause for Carson dealing the Steelers a loss this season.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
I'd expect at least some courtesy applause for Carson dealing the Steelers a loss this season.
Naw, he can get that back in Oakland, here it's all boos.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Too bad he couldn't do that very often in a Bengals uniform.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2643
Default We better destroy the raiders !!!!

Big game next week. My adrenaline will be running like a playoff game only because I want Carson to get annihilated by the same team and fans he quit on. More importantly we must win in order to have a chance for the playoffs. Good win this week.........lets keep it going.

Finally nice to see our defense and offense play well at the same time........
Old 11-18-2012, 05:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 31
Default Re: We better destroy the raiders !!!!

Palmer has the mobility of an oak tree. Dunlap and Geno should have 2 sacks a piece.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

I have a feeling that the Oakland game might be high scoring...
Old 11-18-2012, 05:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8576

Can't wait for the 3 delay of games and the 2 weekly interpections of my beloved quitter.

I hope the team will just spank the raiders.

GO BENGALS §
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21013

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Maybe but the Raiders have only put up 10 points today on the Saints' awful defense.

Last edited by Shady; 11-18-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
Big game next week. My adrenaline will be running like a playoff game only because I want Carson to get annihilated by the same team and fans he quit on. More importantly we must win in order to have a chance for the playoffs. Good win this week.........lets keep it going.

Finally nice to see our defense and offense play well at the same time........
I don't feel like we're in Kansas anymore, Toto. I know it was just the Chiefs, but it's hard not to feel that, feeling.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereThereMayBeTigers View Post
This is the problem-for Carson it's just a job. It's not a passion or a calling. Every great player--esp. every great QB--has a fire and an obsession to win that consumes him to be the best he possibly can be. He makes it a point to be on the same page as the coaches and owners so that his team will be the best possible.

Carson never did this, he never took the brass to task. When things got bad, he just went through the motions. It was clear that his pick 6s bothered us far more than they bothered him. Winning isn't part of his DNA...some have it and some don't. Take a look at SB winning QBs and see how many are from California--not many.
You have no idea what was going on behind the scenes. Carson just didn't agree with making it public.
Would it surprise you that CP suggested a trade years before?
Old 11-18-2012, 06:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Too bad he couldn't do that very often in a Bengals uniform.
This statement could apply to pretty much every QB we've had this side of Boomer Esiason.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan247 View Post
You have no idea what was going on behind the scenes. Carson just didn't agree with making it public.
Would it surprise you that CP suggested a trade years before?
I have a feeling if Dalton and/or Green ever complain about Mike Brown MOST people will take notice, finally.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

I still like Carson, he was a great guy and a Bengal.

I know some are still mad about the way he left the team. I think it was the best for him, and the team.

We now have Andy Dalton, and AJ Green. We have Gruden and a WCO, I don't think either would have happened with Carson here.

Thanks Carson for the good you did the team.

I still hope the Bengals tear the Raiders apart. I want to see Atkins get at least 2 sacks, and Dunlop, and Johnson also get 1, or more.

I hope they don't injure Palmer, just sack him, and dominate the game.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

A wise man once said, 'Just win, baby' I don't care if it's pretty or ugly as long as they come out with a 'W'

Today was a damned fine looking win, though. I think Marv being aggresive really set the tone. Typically, we play poor teams get the lead and then let them back in by playing not to lose. Today, Marv really had a mentality that I like and have wanted him to have for a while. Not a Marv fan, but thought he and the coaching staff have done an excellent job over the past two weeks. Now that we are at .500, I hope he doesn't regress to his overly cautious coaching style.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4611

Im sick of debating on Carson Palmer. He had his reasons and we are in no way missing him.....except maybe as the highest paid backup in the league. We both are better off.....we got some good stuff and he's happy. ENUFF said

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 06:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21476
bengals Re: We better destroy the raiders !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
For us.