Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 11-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,430
Rep Points: 4929
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Ball is an idiot.
Why the hell would you jump with the ball out? You have to protect the ball. Got greedy going for a record.
Yeah, that was disappointing.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM
et2house's Avatar
et2house et2house is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,079
Rep Points: 3865
Default Re: Running backs

Anybody seen this guy before. Could be the next Sproles or MJD. I'd take him in the 4th or later.

Robbie Rouse
5-7 190
40: 4.44

1300 yds 12 tds
53 recs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6rK0c1JHM
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:04 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,344
Rep Points: 19882
bengals Re: Running backs

The kid from UCLA, Franklin, sure looks mighty fast.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:40 PM
BengalHawk62's Avatar
BengalHawk62 BengalHawk62 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East of Omaha
Posts: 2,146
Rep Points: 3501
Default Re: Running backs

My favorite RB in college right now is Stepfan Taylor. The dude's a beast. We should definitely be looking at him in the 2nd. The best blend of speed and power I've seen in college this year.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by et2house View Post
Anybody seen this guy before. Could be the next Sproles or MJD. I'd take him in the 4th or later.

Robbie Rouse
5-7 190
40: 4.44

1300 yds 12 tds
53 recs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL6rK0c1JHM


He's about like this guy Kerwynn Williams.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1p12_k9Etw
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 PM
et2house's Avatar
et2house et2house is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,079
Rep Points: 3865
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
He's about like this guy Kerwynn Williams.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1p12_k9Etw
Similar size and looks like Williams has a little faster top gear. I don't like his 18 yard game against BYU or that he's only had this one year to start. I'm a little leery of one year wonders, but it does mean less tread on the tires.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Points: 296
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
I wonder if Kenjon Barner shoots up draft boards. I honestly thought before we'd be lucky if he was there in the fourth. Now I can see him as a third round guy (not that I'd take him there).
have to say your mock would be epic!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Points: 296
Default Re: Running backs

Brandon Oliver is who i want in stripes...watch this video..the dude is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvjz5Le7Sy0
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 AM
Lawless_1's Avatar
Lawless_1 Lawless_1 is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gettin' busy in a Burger King bathroom
Posts: 7,807
Rep Points: 10028
Default Re: Running backs

Montee Ball.... he may fit this team better than any back coming out this year.

Decent receiver out of the backfield and he is strong enough to truck fools.
__________________
"I don't care if it's rock, paper, scissors or a race to the car I do what I can to win" - Tyler Eifert

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1

Last edited by Lawless_1; 11-21-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 AM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by et2house View Post
Similar size and looks like Williams has a little faster top gear. I don't like his 18 yard game against BYU or that he's only had this one year to start. I'm a little leery of one year wonders, but it does mean less tread on the tires.

He had 542 yds rushing backing up Turbin last yr.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 AM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
Brandon Oliver is who i want in stripes...watch this video..the dude is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvjz5Le7Sy0
he looks pretty good, not sure he will come out this year tho. If it's next year then not too bad but I prefer this guy over him.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfn2mONLQgA


these 2 runs are incredible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGfarRLtPyM

Last edited by pulses; 11-21-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:06 AM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,811
Rep Points: 20666
Default Re: Running backs

Yay highlights
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 AM
3wt's Avatar
3wt 3wt is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,135
Rep Points: 2575
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalHawk62 View Post
My favorite RB in college right now is Stepfan Taylor. The dude's a beast. We should definitely be looking at him in the 2nd. The best blend of speed and power I've seen in college this year.


I'm with you on this. He's not super fast or really super at anything. But he's really good at everything - a complete back. Carried Stanford on his back against a good Oregon D.

I want him and someone really quick and fast. Time to change up our RB squad.

I really like BJGE for short yardage, but we need an every down back who can explode when he gets into the secondary. Taylor is the guy, in my mind, who does that - and is a darn good receiver and picks up the blitz.

He's a difference maker
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,344
Rep Points: 19882
bengals Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalHawk62 View Post
My favorite RB in college right now is Stepfan Taylor. The dude's a beast. We should definitely be looking at him in the 2nd. The best blend of speed and power I've seen in college this year.

Taylor is far from a beast and I would not touch him inside the 4th. I was starting to like him until I really started watching a lot of film on him. I cooled quickly. He is a runner that seems to need wide running lanes and just does not have a lot of make you miss potential. Too many complete and explosive runners in the 2013 draft that could help us more I believe.
__________________

Last edited by OSUfan; 11-21-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,344
Rep Points: 19882
bengals Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Montee Ball.... he may fit this team better than any back coming out this year.

Decent receiver out of the backfield and he is strong enough to truck fools.
No thank you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 11-21-2012, 09:53 PM
HellMarine HellMarine is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,654
Rep Points: 2795
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wt View Post
I'm with you on this. He's not super fast or really super at anything. But he's really good at everything - a complete back. Carried Stanford on his back against a good Oregon D.

I want him and someone really quick and fast. Time to change up our RB squad.

I really like BJGE for short yardage, but we need an every down back who can explode when he gets into the secondary. Taylor is the guy, in my mind, who does that - and is a darn good receiver and picks up the blitz.

He's a difference maker
Oregon's defense was really beat up against Stanford, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. They had 3-4 defensive lineman out, so they got manhandled. Taylor looks like a complete kid, would be a good later round pick-up.
__________________


Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 11-21-2012, 11:16 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Points: 296
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
he looks pretty good, not sure he will come out this year tho. If it's next year then not too bad but I prefer this guy over him.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfn2mONLQgA


these 2 runs are incredible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGfarRLtPyM

the dude needs lbs.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Archer's Avatar
Archer Archer is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Danger Zone
Posts: 1,776
Rep Points: 1649
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
the dude needs lbs.
Chris Johnson says hello.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 11-22-2012, 06:31 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,344
Rep Points: 19882
bengals Re: Running backs

Dennis Johnson could be another RB to keep an eye on. He has very good speed with a compact but thick frame. He looks to be recovered from the terrible injury he suffered returning a kickoff. I am pretty sure that entering the 2012 season he was the active SEC leader in all-purpose yardage at over 4000.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 11-23-2012, 06:21 PM
RIPChrisHenry RIPChrisHenry is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Points: 296
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Chris Johnson says hello.

dri archer 5'8 170 lbs
chris johnson 5'11 194 lbs

im confused...
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 11-24-2012, 12:29 AM
jj22's Avatar
jj22 jj22 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 7,447
Rep Points: 10479
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
The kid from UCLA, Franklin, sure looks mighty fast.
Franklin did look good. Suddenly the rb class looks deep this year.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 11-24-2012, 05:08 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,344
Rep Points: 19882
bengals Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj22 View Post
Franklin did look good. Suddenly the rb class looks deep this year.
I have liked this class of backs. It does not get much hype because there is not an Adrian Peterson guy in it. However, there are a bunch of guys in it that can be three down guys that will make an immediate impact for teams.

After watching the LSU/Arkansas game I like Dennis Johnson even more.

It will be interesting to see where the stock of some of these guys is at once we get closer to the draft. I am starting to see Bernard creeping into the first round in some discussions now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-24-2012, 04:47 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,285
Rep Points: 34285
Default Re: Running backs

Cierre Wood has said he has played his last game at South Bend. For some reason ND has chosen to go mainly with the less talented Theo Riddick. Cierre is a big back with elite speed. CBS currently has him going 7-FA, which is ridiculous; however, ND's decision not to feature him might allow him to slide lower than he should go.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,811
Rep Points: 20666
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Cierre Wood has said he has played his last game at South Bend. For some reason ND has chosen to go mainly with the less talented Theo Riddick. Cierre is a big back with elite speed. CBS currently has him going 7-FA, which is ridiculous; however, ND's decision not to feature him might allow him to slide lower than he should go.
Agreed.
I would love him in the 6th since we have no 7th.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 11-24-2012, 04:49 PM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,285
Rep Points: 34285
Default Re: Running backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
I have liked this class of backs. It does not get much hype because there is not an Adrian Peterson guy in it. However, there are a bunch of guys in it that can be three down guys that will make an immediate impact for teams.

After watching the LSU/Arkansas game I like Dennis Johnson even more.

It will be interesting to see where the stock of some of these guys is at once we get closer to the draft. I am starting to see Bernard creeping into the first round in some discussions now.
I've been a DJ fan since last year. Arkansas tried to feature the wrong RB
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.