Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28434
Default Positive vs. Negative Net Points

Congratulations to the Cincinnati Bengals! After today, the Bengals are +11 in net points, that is, the amount of points scored by the offense minus the amount of points allowed by the defense throughout the season. For the last five weeks or so, Cincinnati was in the negative column but last week's big 31-13 win over the Giants along with today's 28-6 beatdown of the Chiefs have put the Bengals currently at +11. This +11 is a middle of the pack number midway between New England at +133 and Kansas City at -132. If this number becomes more positive as the season progresses, look out!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4231
Default Re: Positive vs. Negative Net Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Congratulations to the Cincinnati Bengals! After today, the Bengals are +11 in net points, that is, the amount of points scored by the offense minus the amount of points allowed by the defense throughout the season. For the last five weeks or so, Cincinnati was in the negative column but last week's big 31-13 win over the Giants along with today's 28-6 beatdown of the Chiefs have put the Bengals currently at +11. This +11 is a middle of the pack number midway between New England at +133 and Kansas City at -132. If this number becomes more positive as the season progresses, look out!
So if the offense scores more than the defense gives up that is a good thing?

Just kidding, I know what you mean, lets hope they play like this the rest of the year.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:12 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73659

Seems kinf of outlierish compared to play for the rest of the season. As long as the team wins, or only loses relatively small to good teams, I have hope for the team.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9392

We didnt let Charles break off any 20+ runs, and he didnt get into the end zone. That is all we wanted to see.. I didnt see us crowding the box alot with 7 or more guys either. Burfict continues to impress me. He was always near the ball, although he did struggle covering Moeki(sp), as well as Rey did.

Gresham was a beast aside from his one penalty a game, and near fumble. I love how he fights for extra yardage, but sometimes you have to be smart when you have three guys trying to yank the ball out of your clutch.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23894

Well, when they were 3-1, they still had negative net points.....due to the thrashing laid down by Baltimore. The way the Bengals have played the last two weeks make me confident that they can actually beat the mediocre teams that are coming up like San Diego and Dallas. Oakland and Philly should be wins, but the same could have been said about some other games earlier on. If they get blown out by a team, then squeak by the rest of them, they could still end up with negative net points going into the two final division games. If they don't win at least one of those two, I don't see them getting in the playoffs.....preferrably Pittsburgh as I've already written off the division title.

The D is playing great right now, and the O is capitalizing on the opportunities it's been given. I'm cautiously optimistic.....