Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 445
Default Re: It's Rosey Palmer Time

Sorry buddy - but you're post is ignorant, however, you are not alone with the "Palmer hasn't been any good ever since the kneee injury against the Steelers".

Let's look at the facts. Below are the passing yardage totals from ESPN.com by year:

2005: 3,836
2006: 4,035
2007: 4,131

Based on your brilliant logic, Palmer's been bull droppings since the '05 season? How do you explain that the very next year following his ACL being shredded he actually threw for more yards than his 'spectacular' '05 season? Or how about '07 when he again, threw for more yards? Did his injury not actually take effect until '08?

My point is that ignorant fans such as yourself forget Palmer was still putting up proflific numbers past the 2005 season/injury. The difference is that the team got worse, the offensive line was neglected, the D has been up and down, and we've had a revolving door at WR.

I'm not saying Palmer is Manning. He's not and he's had an inconsistent year. I point this out only because fans are so fixated on Palmer yet the entire team is contributing to our view on Palmer.

Can we please quit with the Palmer's never been any good since '05 and the injury? He needs to improve but so does everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham69Rock View Post
He had one (just one) spectacular season, and since his injury he has had none. Infact I wouldn't even categorize any of them as good or great, but as average and below average. I am a Bengals fan, and I just can't fathom having Ochocinco and Owens, along with all of their new talent and having a completion percentage that is under 50%. Not to mention having a decoy like Cedric Benson in tthe backfield. If Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady had these weapons we would be looking at an unstoppable offense.
Carson Palmer has water on the brain, he can't read the field, he telegraphs his passes, he's slow to pull the trigger, his footwork is horrible. Seriously, what does this guy do during the offseason....smoke dope and play madden in the basement with his bro? He has a head of cabbage between his ears and an oversized marshmellow for a right shoulder. Mcnabb or Favre would dominate with this receiver corp. Stop pointing fingers and step up you cabbage patch reject. Brady has the same injury as you and comes back like the terminator. Palmer hears footsteps and cowers in the grocery aisle. Seriously, is he concussed? I'm pretty sure Troy Aikman could play better than him right now. TO and Chad should shank him before he ever steps onto the football field again. Go sell home insurance Palmer. Better yet, take Jimmy Johnson's job & go sell Extenze. 7 or 8 years is enough time to say that Palmer isn't cutting it. He is Adam Dunn in shoulder pads. You cant win a playoff game when your running back has more total yards than your quarterback. Carson Palmer is the second worst quarterback in the nfl behind Kyle Boller. He can't throw accurately at all, and he is to much of a ****** to throw it more than 15 yards. I am sick of his ****** drop down rb flat throws. It is time to trade him because for some reason other people (I pray) still think that he's good.

Waaaaaaaaayyyyy overpaid & overrated. "O.K., now I'm done"

Old 11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
So you also think that finishing 5th in passing yards, 2nd in tds, and 6th in passer rating is just an "average" season?

I have been critical of Carson's play this year, but it is laughable when dolts come on here crying about how he has never had anything better than an average season since '05.
A career 44-44 record...I'd say that is pretty much the definition of average. That does not even include him being 0-2 in the playoffs. Although, he did only play a couple snaps in the Pittsburgh playoff game.

The point is you can pull any stats that you want to prove your point.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...P/PalmCa00.htm
Old 11-04-2010, 04:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8234

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedNOrange View Post
A career 44-44 record...I'd say that is pretty much the definition of average. That does not even include him being 0-2 in the playoffs. Although, he did only play a couple snaps in the Pittsburgh playoff game.

Kinda looks like Marvin's coaching record....coincidence??
Old 11-04-2010, 05:07 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 49808

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedNOrange View Post

Career won lost records are team stats. They have nothing to do with how well the QB plays.

I mean seriously, are you going to blame the 45-51 loss to Cleveland on Carson? That is just silly.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

He is #14 EVER in QB rating.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
He is #14 EVER in QB rating.
This guy isn't even the 2nd coming of Dave Krieg:

Dave Krieg is in the top ten of all-time passing stats yet he continues to be overlooked by so-called football "experts" and fans as one of the greatest players in NFL history. For a guy to come out of a small school, play for some awful teams, and become known as a fumbler, he had to be doing something right to have these kinds of numbers. This is a long overdue tribute to the Seahawks greatest quarterback and one of the best NFL players of all time.

Here's his career stats until the start of the 99 season:
  • 3,105 completions - 8th all-time
  • 5,311 attempts - 10th all-time
  • 38,147 yards - 8th all-time
  • 261 touchdowns - 8th all-time
  • 199 interceptions
  • 81.5 career rating
  • 58.5 percentage
What more does a guy have to do to get the recognition he deserves? HE DESERVES TO ONE DAY BE IN THE HALL OF FAME!!

So, can we please get off of Carson' nuts? Thank You.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by TremaineMackAttack View Post

Let's look at the facts. Below are the passing yardage totals from ESPN.com by year:

2005: 3,836
2006: 4,035
2007: 4,131
When Chuck Norris played football he averaged over 4,131 yards a game and that doesn't count his rushing yards.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 0

Quote:
He had one (just one) spectacular season, and since his injury he has had none. Infact I wouldn't even categorize any of them as good or great, but as average and below average. I am a Bengals fan, and I just can't fathom having Ochocinco and Owens, along with all of their new talent and having a completion percentage that is under 50%. Not to mention having a decoy like Cedric Benson in tthe backfield. If Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady had these weapons we would be looking at an unstoppable offense.
Carson Palmer has water on the brain, he can't read the field, he telegraphs his passes, he's slow to pull the trigger, his footwork is horrible. Seriously, what does this guy do during the offseason....smoke dope and play madden in the basement with his bro? He has a head of cabbage between his ears and an oversized marshmellow for a right shoulder. Mcnabb or Favre would dominate with this receiver corp. Stop pointing fingers and step up you cabbage patch reject. Brady has the same injury as you and comes back like the terminator. Palmer hears footsteps and cowers in the grocery aisle. Seriously, is he concussed? I'm pretty sure Troy Aikman could play better than him right now. TO and Chad should shank him before he ever steps onto the football field again. Go sell home insurance Palmer. Better yet, take Jimmy Johnson's job & go sell Extenze. 7 or 8 years is enough time to say that Palmer isn't cutting it. He is Adam Dunn in shoulder pads. You cant win a playoff game when your running back has more total yards than your quarterback. Carson Palmer is the second worst quarterback in the nfl behind Kyle Boller. He can't throw accurately at all, and he is to much of a ****** to throw it more than 15 yards. I am sick of his ****** drop down rb flat throws. It is time to trade him because for some reason other people (I pray) still think that he's good.

well since he's actually had 3 very good seasons out of 5 he's played (most of the year...08 only 4 games, not counting that) he isn't as bad as you think he was
2005 32 TD's rating over 100
2006 28 TD's rating over 93 and threw for over 4000 yds (broke franchise record)
2007 26 TD's rating 87 and broke franchise record with 4131 passing yards
oh and 4 of the 5 years he threw for over 60% compl %

just stating facts. 1 great year...yes i'll give you that, but that great year was better than 95% of the QB's in the hall of fame, so to judge him and expect him to do that every year is a joke. 1 great year, plus 2 very good years....and i wasn't even counting his 04 season (basically his rookie season of playing) where he finished with 18 TD's and over 60% compl %

so basically he has 1 great year, 2 very good years and 1 good year....out of 5 years playing majority of games he has 4 good or better years 1 bad year.

not defending his play this year, the season isn't over....but all the other seasons you seem to want to ignore those.

let me break it down for you
in his 4 full seasons (05,06,07,09) here is where Carson measures up against the rest of the leagues QB's
he finished in the top 5 in the following categories each year.
Passing Yards - 2005 (2nd), 2007 (5th)
TD's 2005(1st) , 2006 (2nd)
Compl % 2005 (1st)
QB Rating 2005 (2nd)

now in those same years he finished in the top 10 in the same categories
Passing Yards 2005 (2nd), 2006 (6th), 2007 (5th)
TD's 2005 (1st), 2006 (2nd), 2007 (10th)
Compl % 2005 (1st), 2007 (8th) **2006 he finished 11th
QB Rating 2005 (2nd), 2006 (6th)
so in 4 years of his 5 seasons where he started majority of games he finished in the top 10 in the 4 major categories for a QB 10 times out of a possible 16

Now to add further insult to the haters, out of every single one of those seasons including his worst in 2009, Carson has never and i repeat NEVER finished lower than 18th in the league in any one of those 4 categories. The worst he did in any of those categories was finish 18th in yards in 2009.

So out of a possible 16 times, Carson has finished in the top 18 in the entire league in Pass Yards, Compl%, TD's and QB Rating 16 times....that is 100%

Carson's average finish in each category over all those seasons 2005-2009 is the following:
Passing Yards: 7th
TD's: 7th
Compl%: 9th
QB Rating: 9th

So for all those especially the OP who thinks he only had 1 great year and the others who think he isn't a top 10 QB in the league....well out of the 4 full seasons he's played he averages finishing in the top 10 per his career in every one of those categories.

but there are still people that think a Kyle Orton or a Jamarcus Russell would do better. well good luck with that.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe from Florence View Post
... or a Jamarcus Russell would do better....
...at eating an entire buffet. Unless Randy P'ed off the buffet owner and they packed up the buffet before Jamarc could get to it.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 0

First off all the "fans" who knocking Palmer, nice loyalty. These losses have NOTHING to do with him. Speaking as an ex player and coach (D2), it aggravates me when "knowledgable fans" start pulling figures and stats. These are TRUELY meaningless! Half of you know what a sweep, dive etc is, great job. But have NO and I mean NO understanding of fundamentals and execution. Please dont take it wrong, but its the truth. If they run well, or move the ball there executing to you lol. If not they "stink" and you can not justify other than saying a well, o they, a a a " eight in the box" lol Instead of bashing Palmer how about answering this.......

Up 14-6 las week and BOTH teams have 3 time outs, Miami is inside the 10 WITH LESS THAN A MIN IN HALF. BRAIN DEAD on the sidelines, Decide to use all 3 timeouts, to get the ball left with 30-40 seconds with NO time outs. First down incomplete, miami to, miami to. So lets write the script before it happens (my NINE YEAR OLD SON DID AS WELL) . Lets give up 3 before half, instead of going in up 14-9, lets make it 14-12 Thou WASNT REASON FOR LOSS, this is the difference between good teams and bad teams in the NFL.

And the reason I write, it took me back to when Shula coaching the bengals playing Miami. Lets see again, bengals score TD with 2 mn left. Go up four on the td. THEY ELECT TO GO FOR 2 and do not convert ( Brilliant )! Miami naturally goes down and scores TD, now they stuck 3. However, bengals than respond with last second field goal to TIE, which should have been a gamewinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAIN DEAD AGAIN IN CINCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Banned

Rosey
Old 11-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Banned

Bleh
Old 11-06-2010, 01:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2804

Quote:

Good Stuff!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 14
Unhappy Re: It's Rosey Palmer Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpurdon View Post
Any negative comment about Palmer Greater than 3 weeks ago, resulted in -100 reg at least.
thats what happend 2 me, i bad mouthed Carson "some people think he walks on water" Palmer and my rep points went in the crapper!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPOLEON WHODEY DYNAMITE View Post
thats what happend 2 me, i bad mouthed Carson "some people think he walks on water" Palmer and my rep points went in the crapper!!!

If it makes you feel any better, there are still people handing out negative REP for this thread.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:01 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16358

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAPOLEON WHODEY DYNAMITE View Post
Your posts are dreadful and completely not apt.

That's why your rep total is ****.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Banned

Quote:

Anyone else completely shocked that this total **** is still employed? He's like this year's version of Dan Coats. Lets kill this frickin' pansy on Sunday!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8477

WTF negative 800 rep... Im impressed.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9840

Palmer's Bengals career can be summed up with a move title. The Good. the Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good- Had several good years in Cincinnati------Applauding
The Bad- Had several bad years as a Bengal...........Head Shaking
The Ugly - He is, and always will be a QUITTER......... became a Hater