Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73391
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4aic View Post
The Raiders really are the West Coast Bengals....their boards read just like ours most of the time (management, horrible team, bad players, fire this person and that person)...it's like the same type of organization IMO..Just in warmer weather
Even if you read the Patriots forums, there is absolute pandemonium after a loss. They just have it less than the Raiders or Bengals
Old 11-19-2012, 01:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Nice effort on that play. He ought to teach some of our LBs how to take the proper angle.
Word! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. He made the best possible attempt to make that play that you can imagine,....and he almost made it. He didn't change the direction he was running in until he tried to make the tackle. Nice form, Carson,....nice form. He wouldn't have had to do that though if he hadn't thrown the ball to the other team....
Old 11-19-2012, 01:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergonnachange View Post
Yeah, it has to be all Palmer's fault and not the Bengals absolute joke of a front office.
Amen! Joke front office & front line. I still say that with a o-line, like what has been protecting Brady the last several years, Carson too, would be one of NFL's elite QB's.

I was embarrassed and ashamed of how he was treated by some fans there at the end.

I had wished for Carson, CJ, and Housh to be traded while they were still young enough to get the chance to play for organizations that were serious about winning vs MB & Company. They were young, extremely talented, and deserved their chance. They didn't fully have that chance under this "management".
Old 11-19-2012, 02:29 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17618

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBengal View Post
Amen! Joke front office & front line. I still say that with a o-line, like what has been protecting Brady the last several years, Carson too, would be one of NFL's elite QB's.

I was embarrassed and ashamed of how he was treated by some fans there at the end.

I had wished for Carson, CJ, and Housh to be traded while they were still young enough to get the chance to play for organizations that were serious about winning vs MB & Company. They were young, extremely talented, and deserved their chance. They didn't fully have that chance under this "management".
Our oline has been better than the Patriots in pass blocking since 2009.

This is a fact.

Stop it.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post

This is a fact.

Stop it.
This is a joke... Right? I mean it has NOTHING to do with the fact that Andy Dalton has THE quickest time of throw average in the NFL hovering around one second... Plus Carson ran for his LIFE the last two years here.

Stop it.

This is NOT a fact, don't let PFF fool you.

If you ever see NashvilleBengalfan or CIN give them both rep for their amazing sig abilities!

Back with the Bengals men!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2615

I really haven't read the posts in this thread but I've said it once and I will say it again:

I will be at the Raiders game and when Palmer comes out I WILL NOT boo him. To be honest his time here as a Bengal was one of the best times I have had as a fan. After the God awful 90's and early 2000's Coach Marvin Lewis and Palmer essentially brought this franchise back to respectability. Palmer played bascially played 6 seasons here (take out the 08' season when he got hurt because our Oline couldn;t block Moellers defensive line that year). So take out that season and Palmer essentially led this team to the play offs 33% of the time. Would have been 50% if Shank doesn't miss the chip shot against Pittsburgh. Plus for my money 2005 was one of the most fun seasons I can rememer. The injury really set him back but he still bounced back.
Now some people are mad because he wanted a trade. I do believe you should honor your contract but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt here. We will never know the inner workings of this ownership but I have to believe the number of people who say it is not good far outnumbers those that speak positive about it. With that said Palmer kept quiet very much during this process. Unlike Chad when Chad tried to get traded Palmer didn't blast the team he simply said it was time for a change. I didn't agree with it but I thought he handled it appropriately. In the end I do think it was the right thing to do. We were all iffy on his future anyway and the picks we got for him were Awesome. Not to mention we had a great draft the following year.
So on Sunday I will not boo Palmer but I will be rooting for my new and improved Bengals. I just hope this ownership group learns from the mistakes it made during the Palmer years. They have to keep surrounding Dalton with Talent and Oline help to keep moving forward
Old 11-19-2012, 10:40 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18286

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRAB14 View Post
I really haven't read the posts in this thread but I've said it once and I will say it again:

I will be at the Raiders game and when Palmer comes out I WILL NOT boo him. To be honest his time here as a Bengal was one of the best times I have had as a fan. After the God awful 90's and early 2000's Coach Marvin Lewis and Palmer essentially brought this franchise back to respectability. Palmer played bascially played 6 seasons here (take out the 08' season when he got hurt because our Oline couldn;t block Moellers defensive line that year). So take out that season and Palmer essentially led this team to the play offs 33% of the time. Would have been 50% if Shank doesn't miss the chip shot against Pittsburgh. Plus for my money 2005 was one of the most fun seasons I can rememer. The injury really set him back but he still bounced back.
Now some people are mad because he wanted a trade. I do believe you should honor your contract but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt here. We will never know the inner workings of this ownership but I have to believe the number of people who say it is not good far outnumbers those that speak positive about it. With that said Palmer kept quiet very much during this process. Unlike Chad when Chad tried to get traded Palmer didn't blast the team he simply said it was time for a change. I didn't agree with it but I thought he handled it appropriately. In the end I do think it was the right thing to do. We were all iffy on his future anyway and the picks we got for him were Awesome. Not to mention we had a great draft the following year.
So on Sunday I will not boo Palmer but I will be rooting for my new and improved Bengals. I just hope this ownership group learns from the mistakes it made during the Palmer years. They have to keep surrounding Dalton with Talent and Oline help to keep moving forward
You are exactly right.....
Old 11-19-2012, 10:45 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Nice effort on that play. He ought to teach some of our LBs how to take the proper angle.
He's had A LOT of practice.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan The Bengal View Post
This is a joke... Right? I mean it has NOTHING to do with the fact that Andy Dalton has THE quickest time of throw average in the NFL hovering around one second... Plus Carson ran for his LIFE the last two years here.

Stop it.

This is NOT a fact, don't let PFF fool you.
Its not PFF.

We've given up less pressures per snap than them, every single year.

Dispute that.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Carson Palmer:

“It was time for a change for the fans, too,” Palmer said. “There are great fans there. With all they’ve been through and seen, you won’t find a more loyal fan base.”

.....so much for that theory too.....
Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 928

I agree with ODRAB14 post.

I too will not be booing quarterback Carson Palmer but look to good play from the Cincinnati Bengals to bring out the cheers from my person.

I will be flying to my former home (Winnipeg) tomorrow and will be viewing Sunday's encounter at my very good friends' house ( a fan of the Oakland Raiders from the late 70's). As I will be in enemy terriotory, deception will be necessary. Wearing my Cincinnati Bengal New Era hat at the correct moment (hopefully when the Cincinnati Bengals take over the game not as in game 1 of the 2012 National Football League season for the Cincinnati Bengals where the hat sat under my seat at M & T Bank Stadium longing to be affixed to my head on good play [a occurence that did not happen]) will be the "crowning" moment of game 11 of the 2012 Cincinnati Bengal National Football League schedule.

Who Dey!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 950
Default Re: We better destroy the raiders !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyG2 View Post
carson Palmer is dead to me. We have Palmer to thank for Dalton and Green. Only one thing matters against the Raiders, and that is a win. Lets go 6-5 and in great position for a consecutive playoff run.

Who-Dey!
LOL--CP is dead to you?
OK--at least you're not bitter ??
Thats a little over the top dude.

I hope Palmer has a great day. I really enjoyed watching him during his time with the Bengals. In fact I went to many games in order to see Carson Palmer.

He's a bit beat up now and physically older than he should be but that happens to Bengals QB's under Mike Brown.

I'm also really happy that he was able to get a way from Mike Brown. Thats not an easy thing to do. He deserves it. I hope he's happier. In fact I'm sure he is.

Congrats Carson!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1006

Quote:
Its not PFF.

We've given up less pressures per snap than them, every single year.

Dispute that.
Watch how long Brady holds the Ball compared to Dalton

If you ever see NashvilleBengalfan or CIN give them both rep for their amazing sig abilities!

Back with the Bengals men!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3294

Quote:

This is a fact.

Stop it.
Lol

Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3294

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
LOL--CP is dead to you?

I hope Palmer has a great day. I really enjoyed watching him during his time with the Bengals. In fact I went to many games in order to see Carson Palmer.

He's a bit beat up now and physically older than he should be but that happens to Bengals QB's under Mike Brown.

I'm also really happy that he was able to get a way from Mike Brown. Thats not an easy thing to do. He deserves it. I hope he's happier. In fact I'm sure he is.

Congrats Carson!
Didn't us winning a game last year in tern kick OAK out the playoffs, or were they done before we won? I'm pretty sure if we kicked him out that would make him salty...definitely not happy. But I think they were out even before we won.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Get pressure on Palmer & he's throwing into triple coverage. It doesn't matter if there's someone on his WR or not, He's forcing it.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
Carson Palmer:

“It was time for a change for the fans, too,” Palmer said. “There are great fans there. With all they’ve been through and seen, you won’t find a more loyal fan base.”

.....so much for that theory too.....
Dear Carson Palmer,

Break a leg. Literally.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14126

Quote:
LOL--CP is dead to you?

Congrats Carson!
Give it up already and go join the oakland message board. Mike got exactly what he wanted. A huge ransom for a washed up QB. Ask raider fans who got the better deal. Carson will be released after this year.

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
LOL--CP is dead to you?

Congrats Carson!
This is sweet.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1166

hopefully palmer can throw a couple of pick 6's just for old times sake...get some lb dressed as polomalu and it will be a sure thing...
Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
LOL--CP is dead to you?

Congrats Carson!
Did you sleep with him in high school or college ?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5090

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiser View Post
hopefully palmer can throw a couple of pick 6's just for old times sake...get some lb dressed as polomalu and it will be a sure thing...
This, he is so good at throwing them he might as well throw a couple back at PBS.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Dayton View Post
Give it up already and go join the oakland message board. Mike got exactly what he wanted. A huge ransom for a washed up QB. Ask raider fans who got the better deal. Carson will be released after this year.
I bet he's the starter next season. Actually, I'll bet on Dennis Allen(HC) being released after this season before Palmer gets benched or released.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Dear Carson Palmer,

Break a leg. Literally.
Why so harsh brah?
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiser View Post
Now that's funny....lol. (even though Troy is a SAFETY )