Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12060
Default Re: Where the Ravens fans at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
This blows my mind...

Then he tripped over air and hurt is shoulder.

I hate him.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13574

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
Then he tripped over air and hurt is shoulder.

I hate him.
To be fair I think those chalk lines looked really thick last night. I think there should have been a flag for tripping.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-19-2012, 12:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3549

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
To be fair I think those chalk lines looked really thick last night. I think there should have been a flag for tripping.
I'm hoping for Charlie Batch next week.
I was just pulling numbers out of my ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I root for a team that has the most Championships
Old 11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
They would have called it on Pittsburgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I'm hoping for Charlie Batch next week.
Amen. I'm assuming Mr. Goodburger (Leftwhich) is hurt anyway.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
They would have called it on Pittsburgh.

I have never hoped a Steelers player gets hurt, but I wouldn't shed a tear if he couldn't play. He did look hurt, which gives me hope.
Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 01:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Steelers have the most delusional fanbase I've ever seen. The Ravens have won 12 straight in the AFC North, 3 straight years in Pitt, but somehow it's a fluke or scheduling issue.
You were outgained in rushing yards, passing yards (by a backup QB, who's now injured too), time of possession and first downs.
2 field goals off of turnovers by said backup QB and one punt return for a TD.

Steelers defense played their best game in several years. Your team literally did nothing against the Steelers defense.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and call that a major fluke. You were dominated.

I'm upset at the schedule, not necessarily the outcome of last nights game. This schedule now has you playing Byron Leftwich and then, possibly Charlie Batch. No teams should ever play each other 2 times in 3 weeks. Don't bring up your injuries unless its to your QB. QB > any other position.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post
You were outgained in rushing yards, passing yards (by a backup QB, who's now injured too), time of possession and first downs.

Steelers defense played their best game in several years. Your team literally did nothing against the Steelers defense.

I'm upset at the schedule, not necessarily the outcome of last nights game. This schedule now has you playing Byron Leftwich and then, possibly Charlie Batch. No teams should ever play each other 2 times in 3 weeks. Don't bring up your injuries unless its to your QB. QB > any other position.
I will say if Ben was in the game healthy, then the game would've been completely different.
Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 01:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14183

Quote:

Our special teams owned your special teams. In the end it came down to that. It wasn't a fluke. We made turnovers and scored what we could off them. You guys had one good drive off some miscues (some might call that drive a FLUKE) and scored early and then did absolutely nothing. You got beat on field position all day. How many redzone appearances did the Steelers have? Ravens have the best red zone D and they stopped you guys on the 2 and forced a field goal. All the yards in the world mean nothing if they are not putting your team in a position to score points. The Ravens only had 200 yards but they were enough to put Tucker in a place to add some points to the board. He uncharacteristically missed a 40 yarder but tacked 6 on the board. Your points meant nothing when all they did was move the Steelers from their 10 to our 40 only to have your drives stall or end in turnovers.

Your number 1 defense did it's job. It limited the Ravens offense to 3 FG opportunities. Fortunately for the Ravens, your offense struggled against the 27th ranked defense and your special teams was complete crap. How many times did the Ravens have to punt and you guys had a net 12 yards total in returns? Don't ***** about flukes and completely ignore a crucial part of every single Ravens-Steelers match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Last edited by BmorePat87; 11-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7177

Quote:
I will say if Ben was in the game healthy, then the game would've been completely different.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I have never hoped a Steelers player gets hurt, but I wouldn't shed a tear if he couldn't play. He did look hurt, which gives me hope.
You don't have to hope for it with Leftwhich....you just have to wait a few plays.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7177

Quote:
They would have called it on Kansas City.

Fixed
Old 11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Our special teams owned your special teams. In the end it came down to that. It wasn't a fluke. We made turnovers and scored what we could off them. You guys had one good drive off some miscues (some might call that drive a FLUKE) and scored early and then did absolutely nothing. You got beat on field position all day. How many redzone appearances did the Steelers have? Ravens have the best red zone D and they stopped you guys on the 2 and forced a field goal. All the yards in the world mean nothing if they are not putting your team in a position to score points. The Ravens only had 200 yards but they were enough to put Tucker in a place to add some points to the board. He uncharacteristically missed a 40 yarder but tacked 6 on the board. Your points meant nothing when all they did was move the Steelers from their 10 to our 40 only to have your drives stall or end in turnovers.

Your number 1 defense did it's job. It limited the Ravens offense to 3 FG opportunities. Fortunately for the Ravens, your offense struggled against the 27th ranked defense and your special teams was complete crap. How many times did the Ravens have to punt and you guys had a net 12 yards total in returns? Don't ***** about flukes and completely ignore a crucial part of every single Ravens-Steelers match.
You caught your own mistake and edited it before you could get called out! LOL!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Fixed
Please. I was at the KC game...if the refs were biased toward Pittsburgh they'd call offensive holding occasionally against the other team.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You caught your own mistake and edited it before you could get called out! LOL!
I did the original post off my phone before being annoyed with the amount of edits I needed to make.

Also, calling it a fluke in the parentheses is suppose to be taken tongue in cheek.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
--------
Quote:
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I did the original post off my phone before being annoyed with the amount of edits I needed to make.

Also, calling it a fluke in the parentheses is suppose to be taken tongue in cheek.
It was a statistical anomaly. The Ravens got beat everywhere but the score board...the only place that counts.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4038

Quote:
It was a statistical anomaly. The Ravens got beat everywhere but the score board...the only place that counts.
That is what is most irritating...when you statistically beat the other team but lose the game. For me it's easier to come to terms with a loss if the opponent was clearly better...
accept the loss and move on to the next game.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13562

Quote:
However, (Baltimore) won the turnover margin against by a plus-3 margin. Shouldn't be too much to understand that Most teams that win the turnover battle wins.

Quote:

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and call that a major fluke. You were dominated..
Dominated? LOL and won!? I'll take that 19 times a year then.

Quote:
And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle, if there was a lunar eclipse on the southside of the hemisphere, blah blah blah.

Your bitterness is duly noted. See you in two weeks.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-19-2012, 03:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Again, in a series that is always determined by field goals, why are Steelers fan ignoring the dismal performance of their special teams compared to the Ravens' success on that side of the ball.

There's no anomaly when you're getting pinned behind your 20, not getting anything on returns and allowing a punt to be taken to the house. Then there's the 3 turnovers to our ZERO.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
Quote:
--------
Quote:

Old 11-19-2012, 04:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Again, in a series that is always determined by field goals, why are Steelers fan ignoring the dismal performance of their special teams compared to the Ravens' success on that side of the ball.

There's no anomaly when you're getting pinned behind your 20, not getting anything on returns and allowing a punt to be taken to the house. Then there's the 3 turnovers to our ZERO.
I'm not ignoring anything...every stat except to's and the score was in the Steelers favor. That doesn't happen very often.

Field position is part of the scoring of field goals. Is that what you want to hear? LOL!

The Ravens offense, with no injuries to complain about, look very bad against the Steelers defense...but they got in field goal range twice. Yay?
Old 11-19-2012, 04:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13562

Quote:
I'm not ignoring anything...every stat except to's and the score was in the Steelers favor. That doesn't happen very often.

Field position is part of the scoring of field goals. Is that what you want to hear? LOL!

The Ravens offense, with no injuries to complain about, look very bad against the Steelers defense...but they got in field goal range twice. Yay?
We played to the talent that you presented. A safe field position game. And yes, that type of play WON them a Superbowl in 2000. Low risk = high reward. They knew you had no chance to score on them.. except the bogus PI penalty that was called early on that helped you along.

Let's just get something straight. We have no Lewis, no Webb, no Smith, No Cody and so on and so on...

Remember, your idiot coach says "excuses are tools of the incompetent." I suppose Tomlin lumps the idiot Steeler fan base in with the incompetent. There are plenty of excuses coming out of incompetent ********* today.

You got beat by several teams, some NOT GOOD (Oak) with Ben.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
We played to the talent that you presented. A safe field position game. And yes, that type of play WON them a Superbowl in 2000. Low risk = high reward. They knew you had no chance to score on them.. except the bogus PI penalty that was called early on that helped you along.

Let's just get something straight. We have no Lewis, no Webb, no Smith, No Cody and so on and so on...

Remember, your idiot coach says "excuses are tools of the incompetent." I suppose Tomlin lumps the idiot Steeler fan base in with the incompetent. There are plenty of excuses coming out of incompetent ********* today.

You got beat by several teams, some NOT GOOD (Oak) with Ben.
You're arguing with the wrong guy. The Ravens scored more and won. The rest is just breaking down the game.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 54419

IIRC Ben hasn't played in 5 of the last 8 Ravens games. We lost, it is what it is, but I will say that entering the playoffs and going into next season I'd take Pittsburgh's roster over the Ravens all day every day. Flacco is just not a good QB and their defense is not very good anymore.

I'll end with this, I saw the Ravens cut blocking Hampton again last night. Next game I'd make it my mission to cut into Ngata's injured knee on every single run play. If he left the game upright I'd be disappointed.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 54419

Quote:
You're arguing with the wrong guy. The Ravens scored more and won. The rest is just breaking down the game.
Ike Taylor ***** though right? You've said it for years.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
Ike Taylor ***** though right? You've said it for years.
Yep.

But he had a very good game last night.

That's one.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
That is what is most irritating...when you statistically beat the other team but lose the game. For me it's easier to come to terms with a loss if the opponent was clearly better...
accept the loss and move on to the next game.
Statistical victories. That's what Bengals fans are known for.
Quote: