Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1387
Default To all my "GRESHAM HATERS"

After reading all the cheap shots and over the top insults directed toward Gresham, let the eating of CROW begin. You know who you are.
He's still one of the best TE's in the game PERIOD! Pro bowler last year, pro bowler this year. Why? Because like all great players his good games far outweighs his bad ones.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225
Default Re: To all my "GRESHAM HATERS"

Gresham has improved these past two games from not dropping the ball...One thing that scares me though is everytime he catches it i'm afraid he's going to fumble. He needs to hold onto the ball instead of holding it out there like a loaf of bread.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerthis View Post
After reading all the cheap shots and over the top insults directed toward Gresham, let the eating of CROW begin. You know who you are.
He's still one of the best TE's in the game PERIOD! Pro bowler last year, pro bowler this year. Why? Because like all great players his good games far outweighs his bad ones.

This thread reminds me of last week when everyone was bashing Marvin, and then once again, after a dominating win, Marvin is the beez kneez.

Just saying.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
This thread reminds me of last week when everyone was bashing Marvin, and then once again, after a dominating win, Marvin is the beez kneez.

Just saying.
Very true.

That is the nature of the NFL though. It is so much a "what have you done for me lately" league. As of the Denver game, people on these boards were questioning whether or not the Bengals should lose every game so they could draft Matt Barkley. Now, those same people are annointing Dalton the savior once again.

Ho hum.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Greshams main issues this year have been poor blocking and dropped passes.

He definately has A LOT of good, but he also has some bad.

For this team to be elite, we need guys like Gresham to play at a Pro Bowl level EVERY game.

It's no coincidence that in the 5 losses, guys like Dalton threw interceptions, Gresham dropped passes and blocked poorly, and the defensive line minus Atkins didn't get pressure.

It's about CONSISTANCY!

For all the people out there thumping their chests after 2 wins...the reality is that many fans projected a 6-1 start...and we're 5-5 now. We're going to fight it out for a 6th seed instead of a potential division title...so this team has underachieved to date...but they are getting back on track.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35053

Quote:
You...

Gresham has earned every cheap shot hes gotten this year... that doesnt change just because a week where he earns praise.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:53 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23713

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
You...

Gresham has earned every cheap shot hes gotten this year... that doesnt change just because a week where he earns praise.
Very true, but the light seems to have come on in the entire locker room, not just for Gresham. But he has played very well since the bye week. He and the whole team are playing with alot more fire.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23057

Gresham had a good game against a bad team. That's what's supposed to happen. Most of the problems with Gresham are directly related to how this team fails to utilize him towards his strengths.

I have complete faith in Gresham, and have had it all season. I do not have faith in the team utilizing his skill set properly, and that has been a constant issue that has few signs of going away. Sad that they got such a good second receiving TE in Charles, and cannot find a way to use 2 TE sets to exploit the potential mismatches...
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4098

Eric Berry ****** Gresham off. That was the reason he had a great game if you don't believe me go watch him rub it in his face after every catch lol. I wish safeties would **** him off every week.

Last edited by Synric; 11-19-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

I don't care about analyzing Gresham, and his play or attitude. I'm not concerned as to whether he played good, or bad, against teams that ******, or are great.

And I don't give 2 rat turds what anyone here thinks. But that play where he drug 4 defenders to the goal line was impressive.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Gresham haters?

Who he hell would actually have a problem with Gresham? I didn't know he had any haters. That's just stupid. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised...
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18752

Quote:

Yeah, many members here will post cheap shots at Gresham and most of the other players and our coach, but some players here are protected no matter how badly they do.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:24 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Very true, but the light seems to have come on in the entire locker room, not just for Gresham. But he has played very well since the bye week. He and the whole team are playing with alot more fire.
yes im very pleased with the last few weeks doesnt change the fact he was crapping the bed the first part of the year. (just lets us see what we should have been seeing all year)
Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9353

Gresham is inconsistent... When and if he shows up, he's awesome.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Gresham is inconsistent... When and if he shows up, he's awesome.
And that's the thing...we're 5-5 and people are talking like we won the Super Bowl because we won 2 games in a row.

With the schedule we've played, we should be 7-3 minimum.

It's about CONSISTANCY...not digging a big hole and then playing hard and fighting for a 6th Seed.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:55 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25048

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Gresham had a good game against a bad team. That's what's supposed to happen. Most of the problems with Gresham are directly related to how this team fails to utilize him towards his strengths.

I have complete faith in Gresham, and have had it all season. I do not have faith in the team utilizing his skill set properly, and that has been a constant issue that has few signs of going away. Sad that they got such a good second receiving TE in Charles, and cannot find a way to use 2 TE sets to exploit the potential mismatches...
Dont blame the team for Gresham's inadequacies all season. Doesn't matter how we used him, he was dropping balls, running bad routes and and giving up on plays. Doesnt matter if they are 20 yard routes for 5 yards. You do those things and it is HIS fault.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Dont blame the team for Gresham's inadequacies all season. Doesn't matter how we used him, he was dropping balls, running bad routes and and giving up on plays. Doesnt matter if they are 20 yard routes for 5 yards. You do those things and it is HIS fault.
Plus poor blocking. He's inconsistant...no other way to slice it.

And he made the Pro Bowl last year because a bunch of guys went to the Super Bowl or were injured.

He's a Top 15 NFL TE. He's capable of being Top 5. He's also ranked last among TE's on PFF for a reason.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5135

Gresham has played awesome since the Bye week.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
And that's the thing...we're 5-5 and people are talking like we won the Super Bowl because we won 2 games in a row.

With the schedule we've played, we should be 7-3 minimum.

It's about CONSISTANCY...not digging a big hole and then playing hard and fighting for a 6th Seed.
2 in a row is a lot better than 4 losses in a row...

no matter who the teams are...

Teams this year around the league look very close to each other. even a few that started dominate have had rough weeks and are barely surviving. (like the falcons yes they are 9-1 but have almost lost their last 5 now)
Old 11-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post

Just saying.
This argument doesn't hold water. Unlike Marvin, Gresham has already proven himself worthy of the a high draft pick and a selection to the pro bowl. The haters wish to air brush history and pretend he's not worthy of being on the team.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
This argument doesn't hold water. Unlike Marvin, Gresham has already proven himself worthy of the a high draft pick and a selection to the pro bowl. The haters wish to air brush history and pretend he's not worthy of being on the team.
No one says hes not worthy of being on the Team.. just that hes been grossly inconsistant this year.. .HE wont return to the probowl this year. and only made it last year because the 2 in NE were in the SB.

But a couple good games doesnt excuse his bad ones where if he stepped up and played like he did yesterday we are probly 7-3 right now.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25048

Quote:
He only made the pro bowl because everyone else was busy winning in the playoffs or injured.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3669

Quote:

Of course he belongs on this team. He performs really well in one part of his game (pass catching) and is absolutely pathetic in another part (run blocking)

That makes him the perfect Bengal.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44286

Quote:
No one says hes not worthy of being on the Team.. just that hes been grossly inconsistant this year.. .HE wont return to the probowl this year. and only made it last year because the 2 in NE were in the SB.

But a couple good games doesnt excuse his bad ones where if he stepped up and played like he did yesterday we are probly 7-3 right now.
Truth

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You...

There's lies and then there's "--- lies!" The above statement is a "--- lie!" You do realize the words "Cheap shot" in of itself means dirty and or undeserving right?
All of Gresham current stats this season in terms of catching, yards and TD's are ahead of his last season stats at this same time. BengalFan you can either continue to wrestle with the truth or just accept it.
Blocking and dropped passes are all the haters see. After all, Gresham has dropped more passes, missed more blocks and has just looked terrible out there this season. Right? Yet, at end this season he'll be invited to his second consecutive pro bowl. Deal with it...