Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28611
Default Re: 80 Seasons!!!! Not 46 Seasons!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
Nope...
It says "should" feel bad...I am fully aware that your neurosis allows you to be happy about this complete and utter fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13533

Quote:
So you recognize the 80 years, but just not the Championships that came with them?
I want to know why the Canton Bulldogs continue to not get any respect. They ended the 1922 season with a 10-0-2 record giving them the coveted title of NFL Champions without the hassle of playing any playoff games against the 9-3 Bears, the 8-3 Cardinals or the 5-2-2 Toledo Maroons.

I also want to know why we need overtime. There were 18 ties in 1922 and no one thought any less of them. Also, we need to get back to a time when 6 Ohio based teams made up a 3rd of the league and when teams like the Dayton Triangles could move in between cities and leagues before reemerging as the Baltimore Colts 30 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
I want to know why the Canton Bulldogs continue to not get any respect. They ended the 1922 season with a 10-0-2 record giving them the coveted title of NFL Champions without the hassle of playing any playoff games against the 9-3 Bears, the 8-3 Cardinals or the 5-2-2 Toledo Maroons.

I also want to know why we need overtime. There were 18 ties in 1922 and no one thought any less of them. Also, we need to get back to a time when 6 Ohio based teams made up a 3rd of the league and when teams like the Dayton Triangles could move in between cities and leagues before reemerging as the Baltimore Colts 30 years later.
We also need to get back to a time when teams scheduled their own games and, if they were a a game or two back at the end of the season, could schedule last minute games against weaker teams to give themselves the best record and the championship. Who cares if it caused controversy in the league's first few years. The Bears earned that 1921 championship after beating the top team in what was agreed to be a post season exhibition match that didn't count towards standings and then quickly getting in two more games against the worst teams to claim to be champions.

Also, what does it matter if the Packers won their 1929 and 1930 championships because, despite winning less games than the Giants, played less total games making a 10-3-1 record better than 13-4

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
--------
Quote:
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Last edited by BmorePat87; 11-19-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3540

Quote:
We also need to get back to a time when teams scheduled their own games and, if they were a a game or two back at the end of the season, could schedule last minute games against weaker teams to give themselves the best record and the championship. Who cares if it caused controversy in the league's first few years. The Bears earned that 1921 championship after beating the top team in what was agreed to be a post season exhibition match that didn't count towards standings and then quickly getting in two more games against the worst teams to claim to be champions.
The only bad thing is then everyone would gang up on the Browns to get a win.
I was just pulling numbers out of my ***.
Quote:
I root for a team that has the most Championships
Old 11-19-2012, 03:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
The only bad thing is then everyone would gang up on the Browns to get a win.
Top teams also got to play almost all of their games at home, so you had some travel teams. Cleveland won't have to worry about paying for damages to their stadium by Browns fans.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
Quote:
--------
Quote:

Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18055

Quote:

Also, what does it matter if the Packers won their 1929 and 1930 championships because, despite winning less games than the Giants, played less total games making a 10-3-1 record better than 13-4

While you are at it consider the Montreal Canadiens winning a Stanley cup with only 4 teams in the league!!!!

They have a league leading 24 Stanley Cup Championships!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3894

Quote:
While you are at it consider the Montreal Canadiens winning a Stanley cup with only 4 teams in the league!!!!

They have a league leading 24 Stanley Cup Championships!!!!
But now do you see that Ravenslove69 like others isn't denying or not recognizing NFL championships as you claim?
He, like others is merely minimizing their significance.

Last edited by Woodley; 11-19-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
But now do you see that Ravenslove69 like others isn't denying or not recognizing NFL championships as you claim?
Clearly my tone wasn't conveyed properly. I was in no way minimizing a time when a team could be formed by finding some guys around your town and having $500 bucks...

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
Quote:
--------
Quote:

Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

You can say the significance of the 1966 NFL Championship[Super Bowl I] is small compared to last year's Super Bowl Championship as well as the two teams winning in 1966 and 2011. Where the Packers won, but you can't say their is difference between the 1965 NFL Champions and the 1966 Superbowl Champions Green Bay Packers.

For those hard of hearing, you can't compare a 2011 Superbowl Championship team with a 1966 Superbowl team, but you can compare the same damn team that won the finale in 1965 as well as in 1966!!!!

The issue is totallity, in totallity Montreal has 24 Championships as well as countless Hall of Famers. The Steelers also have countless Hall of Famers, they don't start counting Hall of Famers since the merger, they count em for 80 years!!!! A Hall of Famer from the pre merger is not considered "merely significant". Neither are NFL records held by players like Johhny Unitas and Jim Brown. Individual records are not "merely significant". You can't tell me players today are the same like players of yester year. But if it fits your argument to say NFL Championships are "merely significant", but not Hall of Famers or their records, so be it.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You can say the significance of the 1966 NFL Championship[Super Bowl I] is small compared to last year's Super Bowl Championship as well as the two teams winning in 1966 and 2011. Where the Packers won, but you can't say their is difference between the 1965 NFL Champions and the 1966 Superbowl Champions Green Bay Packers.

For those hard of hearing, you can't compare a 2011 Superbowl Championship team with a 1966 Superbowl team, but you can compare the same damn team that won the finale in 1965 as well as in 1966!!!!

The issue is totallity, in totallity Montreal has 24 Championships as well as countless Hall of Famers. The Steelers also have countless Hall of Famers, they don't start counting Hall of Famers since the merger, they count em for 80 years!!!! A Hall of Famer from the pre merger is not considered "merely significant". Neither are NFL records held by players like Johhny Unitas and Jim Brown. Individual records are not "merely significant". You can't tell me players today are the same like players of yester year. But if it fits your argument to say NFL Championships are "merely significant", but not Hall of Famers or their records, so be it.
While I agree that you can't just start in the Super Bowl era, as far as football is concerned, anything pre mid-50's is rather pointless to modern football.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
Quote:
--------
Quote:

Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
While I agree that you can't just start in the Super Bowl era, as far as football is concerned, anything pre mid-50's is rather pointless to modern football.
Then nobody should be in the Hall of Fame of pre mid-50's, because they don't represent modern football. In addition, all the records of pre mid-50's should be erased, they also don't represent modern football. Finally, the Steelers should not talk about 80 years ago, maybe 50 years ago so they don't have to be associated with....

Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3894

Quote:
Then nobody should be in the Hall of Fame of pre mid-50's, because they don't represent modern football. In addition, all the records of pre mid-50's should be erased, they also don't represent modern football. Finally, the Steelers should not talk about 80 years ago, maybe 50 years ago so they don't have to be associated with....

How did he imply any of that? Didn't he acknowledged that you cant start from the Super Bowl? Modern or not, those days are still part of football history.

btw..Bill Hutchinson would strike fear in any modern day player if they saw that sig of yours.

And these guys would destroy the bengals

Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

I'm saying that bringing up a time when only a quarter of the current teams existed is moot. Sure the franchises will always celebrate those players and any championships won, but no fan should ever attempt to brag or smack based on any of it. Hell, no fan should brag or smack about anything prior to a decade ago.

Quote:
-----------
Quote:
Quote:
--------
Quote:

Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
How did he imply any of that? Didn't he acknowledged that you cant start from the Super Bowl? Modern or not, those days are still part of football history.

Noooo, he did not say or imply that. He clearly stated anything pre mid-50's, which would be individual records that still stand from the pre mid-50's as well as many members in the Hall of Fame who played/coached/owned prior to the 50's.

Edit: He also said "Hell, no fan should brag or smack about anything prior to a decade ago."

That would mean the Steelers could only brag about their two Championships, while the Ravens could not even talk about their one Championship.

Meh, he does not know what he is talking about. You guys have six Championships, enjoy them.