Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1791
Default ed reed 1 game suspension

BS ruling by goddell. He didnt deserve a suspension unreal sorry ravens. Are they trying to save norv turner's job.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21159
Default Re: ed reed 1 game suspension

Ugh.....really? Suspended for tackling? Weak.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Ugh.....really? Suspended for tackling? Weak.
So when the Steelers hit someone in the head or neck, they are dirty and cheaters. When some other player does and even gets a penalty for it during the game, the suspension is weak? What is weak is they made it just a game so can be back in time to play the Steelers. If it would be against the Steelers and say Harrison, it's be "Oh the Steelers have Goodell in their pocket again and he should be suspended the rest of the season, not just a game."
I was just pulling numbers out of my ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Flacco is not elite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I root for a team that has the most Championships
In response to making a sig bet on who ends up higher in the standings between the Ravens and Steelers.
Quote:
Too easy....I'll take this bet.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13296

It is his third time, but the 1st one was in 2010..... since then they have changed rules.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
So when the Steelers hit someone in the head or neck, they are dirty and cheaters. When some other player does and even gets a penalty for it during the game, the suspension is weak? What is weak is they made it just a game so can be back in time to play the Steelers. If it would be against the Steelers and say Harrison, it's be "Oh the Steelers have Goodell in their pocket again and he should be suspended the rest of the season, not just a game."
Did I say that, or are you just talking out of your butt? I'm pretty sure that I've NEVER said that a Steelers player was dirty, but whatevsies. Why do Steelers fans think everything is about them?

The suspension is weak.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12817

Quote:
It is his third time, but the 1st one was in 2010..... since then they have changed rules.
Welcome to James Harrisons world. They did the same to him.
That being said, the suspension is weak. The flag was thrown, fine him and move on.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Did I say that, or are you just talking out of your butt? I'm pretty sure that I've NEVER said that a Steelers player was dirty, but whatevsies. Why do Steelers fans think everything is about them?

The suspension is weak.
I'm talking in general. When the Steelers get suspended for a tackle almost everyone is quick to call them dirty and cheaters. I didn't mean you specifically, I just happened to be replying to your post.
Quote:
Flacco is not elite.
Quote:
In response to making a sig bet on who ends up higher in the standings between the Ravens and Steelers.
Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

The suspension is weak.
To be fair, I think he was talking in general terms. These boards light up when a Steeler makes a questionable hit.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13262

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Welcome to James Harrisons world. They did the same to him.
That being said, the suspension is weak. The flag was thrown, fine him and move on.
Yea, while I always sided with Harrison (as did Reed), even in his case there were back to back infractions with escalating penalties and publicity. This just came out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I'm talking in general. When the Steelers get suspended for a tackle almost everyone is quick to call them dirty and cheaters. I didn't mean you specifically, I just happened to be replying to your post.
Gotcha. Personally, I think it's lame if any player gets suspended for making a tackle. If it's the tackle that I'm thinking of, it wasn't even than bad. I mean....I can see the little fines for going after a player on purpose, but a suspension? That's over a 400,000 dollar fine! I just don't think it was that bad....

I don't think players are dirty when they do their jobs....

Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
To be fair, I think he was talking in general terms. These boards light up when a Steeler makes a questionable hit.
Yeah, you're right. I only thought it was directed at me because he quoted me. I've seen the posts about it when it happens to a Steelers player though. I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever joined in on one, but next time,....I'm gonna.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Gotcha. Personally, I think it's lame if any player gets suspended for making a tackle. If it's the tackle that I'm thinking of, it wasn't even than bad. I mean....I can see the little fines for going after a player on purpose, but a suspension? That's over a 400,000 dollar fine! I just don't think it was that bad....

It was helmet to helmet and that is all that matters anymore. I'm still trying to figure out how our fumble was a fumble yet in the Cleveland game it was an incomplete pass.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
It was helmet to helmet and that is all that matters anymore. I'm still trying to figure out how our fumble was a fumble yet in the Cleveland game it was an incomplete pass.
It would have been a textbook hit if Sanders had not lowered his head. I've seen calls like that go against the Steelers and Bengals recently as well. As for the Cleveland fumble/incomplete pass, I didn't see it, but the one by Wallace was extremely close. I would have called it a fumble, but that's only cause I'm a biased Bengals fan. I was definitely close.....

Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2088

Hopefully he appeals and delays the suspension 1 week.

If Harrison and one other Steeler doesn't come to Reed's defense I will be disappointed.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 108999

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post

If Harrison and one other Steeler doesn't come to Reed's defense I will be disappointed.
I was thinking the same thing about the appeal. I do believe that Ryan Clark already made a statement on Twitter defending Reed.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Honestly, I don't believe Reed is a dirty player. I've seen worse hits back in the 70's on my Steelers Super Bowl DVDs and back then they didn't even warrant a flag. Now if you breath on certain qb's they'll flag you for roughing the passer.
Quote:
Flacco is not elite.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42163

Poor Ed Reed! :(
Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79040

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaAnn View Post
Poor Ed Reed! :(
league approved his appeal no susp.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13262

Quote:

Clark defended him like Reed defended Harrison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2088

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
league approved his appeal no susp.
Right call, but to suspend him in the first place for being a "repeat offender" and to reverse it the very next day just makes the system a complete joke. Are they saying 3 fines no longer counts as being a repeat offender? Or is the league going to go soft on dirty hits that just so happen not to injure the person who got hit? Or is these another case of media outcry directly influencing their decisions? The NFL is the only organization that could make the right decision in the end, but still have it be PR disaster that questions their credibilty.

Last edited by 6andcounting; 11-20-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Right call, but to suspend him in the first place for being a "repeat offender" and to reverse it the very next day just makes the system a complete joke. Are they saying 3 fines no longer counts as being a repeat offender? Or is the league going to go soft on dirty hits that just so happen not to injure the person who got hit? Or is these another case of media outcry directly influencing their decisions? The NFL is the only organization that could make the right decision in the end, but still have it be PR disaster that questions their credibilty.
They got the call correct and you may see more of the league over penalizing players only to have it reduced a bit because the arbitration is done differently since the new CBA.

So I would think Godell will come down very hard on players then allow the arbitrator to reduce it to what he would have really wanted in the first place.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:
They got the call correct and you may see more of the league over penalizing players only to have it reduced a bit because the arbitration is done differently since the new CBA.

So I would think Godell will come down very hard on players then allow the arbitrator to reduce it to what he would have really wanted in the first place.
Don't get me wrong, the NFL is doing everything it can to reduce concussions by being very strict on blows to the head as it should, but doesn't it seem like the number of rib injuries are increasing?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
Don't get me wrong, the NFL is doing everything it can to reduce concussions by being very strict on blows to the head as it should, but doesn't it seem like the number of rib injuries are increasing?
No

Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 108999

Quote:

I think it also sends a message that a suspension is looming, making it unlikely to get the next one overturned.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:
No
Maybe it is because the Steelers have 3 players out with rib injuries that makes me think it is increasing, not sure how many more rib injuries there are around the league. It just seems abnormally high imo.