Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25303
Default Re: Geno Atkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
You saying Geno > Krumie?
I love me some Krumie but yeah, Geno is probably better.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Yes he is. He does things in his second year Chad couldn't do most of his career.
He is better and will continue to get better.
Different Type of WR's

Both are/were good in their own Right...

Aj has had a better start. Chad started with Kitna.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:
Maybe i dont remember seeing krumie play much but highlights...

Geno has been consistant at DT and consistancy is one of the most important things in football....
Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20894

Quote:
You saying Geno > Krumie?
Geno is more physically gifted. Krumrie did what he did out of sheer tenacity and determination. Geno is just always faster and stronger than the guy across from him.

I just love when he walks 330 lb. G's straight back into the QB or cuts down RB's in the backfield or makes tackle out near the sidelines.

Krummie was some player, but Geno has that same heart and tenacity plus athletic ability TK could have only dreamed about.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7860

Quote:
Yes he is. He does things in his second year Chad couldn't do most of his career.
He is better and will continue to get better.
Quote:
Different Type of WR's

^This, I think it's safe to say Dalton is better than Kitna. I've said AJ will surpass Chad's records, I'm just not ready to say he's the best WR in our history.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Different Type of WR's

AJ came in with a rookie QB and rookie OC and a patchwork run game/OL.
Let's not act like AJ came into a situation with Tom Brady at the helm.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I love AJ, what he's doing is amazing but I'm not ready to say he's better than Chad after 1 and a half seasons, as reluctant as I am to say it, I think he will be better than Chad, and possibly even break all of his records(if he stays long enough). Like I said, I think he will be better, but he's not better yet.
AJ is much better than Chad was already.

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 11-19-2012, 05:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Maybe i dont remember seeing krumie play much but highlights...

Geno has been consistant at DT and consistancy is one of the most important things in football....
Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Geno is more physically gifted. Krumrie did what he did out of sheer tenacity and determination. Geno is just always faster and stronger than the guy across from him.

I just love when he walks 330 lb. G's straight back into the QB or cuts down RB's in the backfield or makes tackle out near the sidelines.

Krummie was some player, but Geno has that same heart and tenacity plus athletic ability TK could have only dreamed about.
All of what McC said. And on top of that, Geno is going to be in some serious rarefied air with the numbers he is putting up.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
AJ came in with a rookie QB and rookie OC and a patchwork run game/OL.
Let's not act like AJ came into a situation with Tom Brady at the helm.
Fair enough, but Chad still had Kitna throwing to him. And as Bengalsfan024 they're 2 different wideouts, AJ can just use his body to shield defenders since he's 6'4" and roughly 210, Chad relied on technique since he was 6'1" 192. Again, I won't deny AJ will break Chad's records, I'm just not crowning him the best receiver in our history yet.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20894

Quote:
Fair enough, but Chad still had Kitna throwing to him. And as Bengalsfan024 they're 2 different wideouts, AJ can just use his body to shield defenders since he's 6'4" and roughly 210, Chad relied on technique since he was 6'1" 192. Again, I won't deny AJ will break Chad's records, I'm just not crowning him the best receiver in our history yet.
Big difference between the two--AJ catches passes while covered, sometimes while double covered. Chad could beat double coverage, but he couldn't go up and take balls away from defenders. Granted, the extra size is a big plus. But that's exactly what would potentially make him better than Chad was or could ever be. He's just more athletic. Plus, I'd say his hands are better. That's not to slight Chad, it's just acknowledging the rare talent AJ has.

AJ's probably not better yet, but it's already very close and I wouldn't argue too vehemently with anyone who says he is already better.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 544

Quote:
Big difference between the two--AJ catches passes while covered, sometimes while double covered. Chad could beat double coverage, but he couldn't go up and take balls away from defenders. Granted, the extra size is a big plus. But that's exactly what would potentially make him better than Chad was or could ever be. He's just more athletic. Plus, I'd say his hands are better. That's not to slight Chad, it's just acknowledging the rare talent AJ has.

AJ's probably not better yet, but it's already very close and I wouldn't argue too vehemently with anyone who says he is already better.
This.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Quote:
It's not AJ's fault he's the biggest and strongest, he doesn't even exercise

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 11-19-2012, 06:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

I agree, I think AJ will be better than Chad, but I'm not saying he's better yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
It's not AJ's fault he's the biggest and strongest, he doesn't even exercise
I know it isn't his fault, but I think a fair deal of AJ's success is because he's such a huge mismatch against CBs who on average are about 5'10"

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1529

In 1988, playing the Nose Tackle position (at 6'2" & 270 lbs), Tim Krumrie recorded 3 sacks....

and 152 tackles!

Different defense, definitely a different era, and a much much different NFL in general. Tim Krumrie was an absolute animal. Not being nostalgic or anything, but I would have to think that Krumrie would be every bit as effective as Geno in today's defenses. Possibly even more so.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5249

Aj is better than Chad hands down! Did not see krumie play so can really compare Geno towards him.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
There is so much incorrect in this post I don't know where to start...

First of all, it in not correct that the 49ers did not have a first down until Krumrie got hurt. San Fran got a first down on their very first drive of the game. Krumrie didn't get injured until the first play of their second drive - while mking a tackle on the RB after he had gained 8 yards. The runner didn't get a 1st down on the play and the bi gain did not come as a result of the injury. The runner was already by Krumrie and Krumrie was trying to dive and trip him up. It set up a second down and two.

And his foot didn't get stuck in the seam of a carpet. They were playing on a grass field in Miami.

I could go on but it would take too much time.
Have you ever heard of prescription turf? It is a carpet for outdoor stadiums. That is what the turf was in Joe Robbie Stadium.

The first series for both teams was a 3 and out, neither team had a first down on the first possession of the game.
You were right about it being an 8 yard run, and being 2nd and 2. Rice caught a tipped pass for a first down, the 49ers first first down of the game.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals67 View Post
watching the bengals since 1967

Aj is far and away the best WR ever to don stripes and Geno far and away the best DT.

Crumrie was amazing but he did not disrupt things liek Geno and did not have his sack totals - which are off the charts for a DT.

AJ is just a freak. I would not trade him for megatron or anyone else. You are watching greatness and he is just going to get better. A faster version of Jerry Rice.

So happy team has shown their potential.
It is Tim Krumrie, not crumrie.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Tim was a NT in a 3-4 D, which means he should not even be close to stats a 4-3 DT puts up.

I say they are about even considering the difference in position.

Mike Reid is also right there with them.

Only Coy Bacon was better, as teams game planned for Bacon and it did them no good. Bacon could beat triple teams and still get the sack.

Those two years Bacon was the best DE in NFL history. He had 21 1/2 sacks when teams passed about half the time they do today. He also dominated the running game to his side.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Take into account Tim Krumrie played NT in a 3-4 D, and had that kind of pressure and that many tackles.

Krumrie was as even as you can get to Geno playing a DT in a 4-3. In fact Krumrie out hustled Geno, but Geno has more quickness then Timmy had.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

I don't even think Chad was the 2nd best WR the team ever had.

Isaac Curtis is the 2nd best talent wise, WR the Bengals have ever had, behind AJ Green.

Chad is third, or fourth, even, or just behind Pickens.
Again different schemes, and Chad had a much better team around him.

I know Chad has better numbers, but the league passes much more now, and the team was much better.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
Aj is better than Chad hands down! Did not see krumie play so can really compare Geno towards him.
They are so close, it would be so hard to pick. Geno is a little bigger, and a little quicker.
Krumrie has better technique, and gave 100% every play.

Krumrie was adnormally strong for his size, just like Geno and quicker than almost anyone he played against.

As a NT, Krumrie faced a double every down every game, and still had 152 tackles, and 3 sacks.

LBs today seldom have 152 tackles.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

I'm guessing this thread is 3 pages of everyone agreeing on how great Geno is. It's no secret around the league either....genos da man!
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 196

Quote:
Krumrie was adnormally strong for his size, just like Geno and quicker than almost anyone he played against.

As a NT, Krumrie faced a double every down every game, and still had 152 tackles, and 3 sacks.

LBs today seldom have 152 tackles.
[/quote]

I imagine I watched all of Krumrie's games, but I just didnt realize he was that good. Like I said though, as a teengager I was more into Boomer Esiason and Eddie Brown. I didnt appreciate the guys in the trenches as much as I do now. That is a shame too because 1988 we had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.

Last edited by rockyforkbengal; 11-19-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

I imagine I watched all of Krumrie's games, but I just didnt realize he was that good. Like I said though, as a teengager I was more into Boomer Esiason and Eddie Brown. I didnt appreciate the guys in the trenches as much as I do now. That is a shame too because 1988 we had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.[/quote]

I was taught to look at the line, and see who was controlling the line, as a kid, and it has stuck.

If you control the line, most of the time you will win.

The average fan, never really looks at the lines. It is football nuts like us who can't get enough.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73659

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
I was taught to look at the line, and see who was controlling the line, as a kid, and it has stuck.

If you control the line, most of the time you will win.

The average fan, never really looks at the lines. It is football nuts like us who can't get enough.
I'm more intrigued with defensive personnel scheme, as well as skill player chess matches. So OL is the complete opposite of my strong suit. Otherwise I think I understand a lot. But I digress, Geno will be better than Krumrie. I didn't get to watch Krumrie, but I understand how good he was. Geno, however, is special. The dude doesn't come off the field often and is a pass rusher the NFL hasn't seen since TB Sapp.