Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Game Day!!

Game Day!! A place to discuss the current games during the games themselves.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381
Default Collingsworth loves Pittsburgh

I really noticed this during the Bengals SN game, Collingsworth is pretty openly biased towards Pittsburgh. Since then I've noticed that Collingsworth has made clear Pittsburgh references in every SN game since that one. Tonight it's become almost unbearable. Chris loves him some SteelCity.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 57
Default Re: Collingsworth loves Pittsburgh

NBC loves Pittsburgh. I turned on the game late and got sidetracked right as Pitt was getting the ball back at the end when I came back to the TV the game was over and they were showing the montage of clips from the game with the NBC football music. I see Ray Rice running, then Ben & Tomlin smiling and patting each other on the back followed by a couple more Steeler clips. I figure Steelers must have won and change channel. Only now I get online and see they lost, had me fooled.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6921

The NFL and the media in general LOVE the Steelers. This was made evident after they won 2 rigged Super Bowls in the last decade.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2307

Interesting story but, who is "Collingsworth?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theWhoDeyKid View Post
We all know if there is an endzone in heaven, Chris is going to find it. Rest in eternal peace Chris "Slim" Henry

Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8234

I like Chris as a commentator personally. You want to hear bias, they flipped us over to the Cowboys/Browns game up here, and I think it was Dierdorff; but it was like Dallas needs to do this, Romo should do that and on and on. Then, they called a complete pass incomplete; which nullified the ensuing fumble, they really didn't know what to say. You would have thought the whole football world turned on whether or not the inept Cowboys managed to pull out the win. I'm betting just as many if not more people were rooting for the Browns to beat their butts.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sharp View Post
I like Chris as a commentator personally. You want to hear bias, they flipped us over to the Cowboys/Browns game up here, and I think it was Dierdorff; but it was like Dallas needs to do this, Romo should do that and on and on. Then, they called a complete pass incomplete; which nullified the ensuing fumble, they really didn't know what to say. You would have thought the whole football world turned on whether or not the inept Cowboys managed to pull out the win. I'm betting just as many if not more people were rooting for the Browns to beat their butts.
I used to like Chris a whole lot more than I do lately. CBS has a bunch of clowns these days since they lost Gus Johnson. Fox and NFL Network by far stack the best announcers anymore.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 46

Trust me, there is probably not a team Collinsworth HATES more than the Steelers. He is a professional, so he tries to be unbiased. Now he may over compensate and give the Steelers too much love trying to be unbiased. Chris is a Bengal through and through. He is just a better and more professional commentator than most ex-players.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8683

This thread is a joke.

Collinsworth is one of the most knowledgable announcers out there and has my respect.

I'm sure it goes with the territory to acknowledge teams like Pittsburgh more often.

Steelers will always be treated like darlings. They are blue collar heroes and make for great material to connect with the NFL.

Tradition/winning + relating to the common working man = NFL gold

If you want to complain try watching/listening to Phil Simms. Now that guy is unbearable.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 223

Collinsworth is one of the best announcers. IMO
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Collinsworth is great because he tells it like it is. He isn't afraid to criticize players or coaches if hey deserve it. He even did it with Lou Holtz and Notre Dame when he was soon their games for NBC and Holtz wasn't happy abou it.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7394

I hate the Steelers, but if I were being paid for my analysis and commentary I wouldn't go out of my way to badmouth one of the best and most popular organizations in sports. Yes, I hate 'em, but that's the way it goes. Gruden is the one who never stops fluffing the media darlings. I watched him pontificate his love for Tony Romo repeatedly...then the Bears picked him off 5 times and ONLY then did he stop gushing constantly. Just a lot.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2057

Collinsworth just talks up whatever team has the most points at the time. If anything, it makes him seem bipolar because a mere field goal could change who he gushes over for the next 20 minutes. He's always talking about the Steelers because they are usually winning.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 789

oh well
Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Collinsworth is great because he tells it like it is. He isn't afraid to criticize players or coaches if hey deserve it. He even did it with Lou Holtz and Notre Dame when he was soon their games for NBC and Holtz wasn't happy abou it.
he got fired because of it.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonBengalFan View Post
Collinsworth is one of the best announcers. IMO
Tim Ryan is hands down the best!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 79

NFL players hate Collinsworth as an announcer. I personally feel like he hates the Bengals.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1351

I think Collinsworth loves the passion and the heart that a decimated Steeler team shows no matter who they play with or without. Gotta give them credit for hanging in there today with a 3rd string QB and missing a top WR and their heart and soul in Polumala. I HATE the Steelers, but you can still respect what they are and what they do.