Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: Bengals season over?
Yes. They are toast, no shot at playoffs 31 36.05%
Bengals make playoffs for consecutive seasons 55 63.95%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1032
Default Re: Those that said Bengals were done 2 weeks ago, still think that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyG2 View Post
Many of you proclaimed on here 2 weeks ago that the Bengals season was over and they had no shot. It is well documented who you folks are. After dominating the Giants and Chiefs back to back and getting to .500, which leaves them only one game back in the wild card spot, do you still the same about your Bengals?
Those proclamators made the correct call. The the possibility of making the play-offs are slim to none.

The Bengals are two games back as they lose to everyone in ANY tie.
These teams play each other---not everyone can lose.

And considering the Bengals havent played well this year--its nearly impossible.

Do I still feel that way?
Yes--too many holes. This is not a play-off team.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3387

Did you think they were gonna beat the Giants last weekend?

Even the most biased homers thought they would lose. It's the NFL any given Sunday. Before you start talking playoffs lets wait a few weeks. Oh and if they lose in the next few weeks don't go running away like u always do.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41624

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
You have no way of knowing this. We could easily tie with the Steelers and beat them on tie breakers.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 709
drunk Re: Those that said Bengals were done 2 weeks ago, still think that?

I say they make the playoffs. This team has done the opposite of everything I thought they would this season, so they might as well go ahead and make the playoffs since I thought they were done after the four game losing streak. I thought they would play Baltimore tough and they get whipped. I thought that game might lead to a bad start and they win 3 in a row. I then thought they would be 5-1 when they played the Steelers and they lost to Cleveland and Miami. I thought the losing streak would continue against the Giants and they blow them out. So now I think they will hit 8-8, so that means they will fool me again and make the playoffs.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 252772

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerBlitz View Post
Did you think they were gonna beat the Giants last weekend?

Even the most biased homers thought they would lose. It's the NFL any given Sunday. Before you start talking playoffs lets wait a few weeks. Oh and if they lose in the next few weeks don't go running away like u always do.
yes, of course I thought they would beat the Giants. As far as hiding, it is far from a secret that I can be seen on here literally every day. Looks like you are wrong as usual on both accounts my dear friend.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Those proclamators made the correct call. The the possibility of making the play-offs are slim to none.

And considering the Bengals havent played well this year--its nearly impossible.

Currently, who are the other 2 wild card teams? The Steelers (6-4) and the Colts (6-4)?

Do these teams not have holes as well? Moreso the Colts than the Steelers.

If teams with holes are ineligible for the playoffs, then explain how the Giants with the worst running game in the NFL (combo of oline & RBs), a horrible LB corp, and a depleted secondary won the SB? And a 9-7 record!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16776

Quote:
Many of you proclaimed on here 2 weeks ago that the Bengals season was over and they had no shot. It is well documented who you folks are. After dominating the Giants and Chiefs back to back and getting to .500, which leaves them only one game back in the wild card spot, do you still the same about your Bengals?

I think the Bengals are going to continue the streak and end the season with the last wild card spot in the AFC. What say you?

I am interested to see what those that jumped off the ship say now and why.

Who-Dey!
I have not read the entire thread, so bear with me if I make like points of others. The bengals now again actually control their own destiny. If they win out, that means that beat the Steelers and are 11-5. That means we are tied with the Steelers of they win out (I don't see that for them righ now) and we both have the same AFC record. I am not sure what the next tie breaker is, but I would take our chances.

We are one game behind the Colts as well. I don't see the Colts beating the Texans once, but at a minimum I think they lose at least one to them. There are also some scenarios where we can lose one or two games, but they need to be the right losses (NFC versus AFC).

I never jumped ship, but the fact is we did lose to winable games. The thing I really like is the way we are playing on both sides of the ball the last two weeks. Mediocre teams do not dominate world champions. Mediocre teams don't go on the road and dominate any team, but the same team that played both the Ravens and Steelers to 3 point losses. I am optimistic. They have to keep winning the games they are supposed to which is every game they are favored (next 4). I also like the fact the Ravens may have nothing to play for in week 17 as a backup if we lose a game in next 5 weeks. That loss just can't be the Steelers if we hope to get in the playoffs.

Last edited by Luvnit2; 11-19-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Actaully you are wrong, the Bengals are only one game to the Steelers in the tie breaker and we play them so we can win and erase that advantage. If Steelers lose to Browns or Ravens, then we have an advantage as long as we beat the Chargers and Raiders as we would then be 6-5 in AFC heading into Steelers and ravens games in week 16 and 17.

EDIT; there was another team a year ago who had a 4 games losing streak, was 8-7 heading into week 17 playing at a division rival with winner going to playoffs. The 2011 Giants figured out a way to get hot at the right time.

Last edited by Luvnit2; 11-19-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
I have not read the entire thread, so bear with me I make like points of others. The bengals now again actually control their own destiny. If they win out, that means that beat the Steelers and are 11-5. That means we are tied with the Steelers of they win out (I don't see that for them righ now) and we both have the same AFC record. I am not sure what the next tie breaker is, but I would take our chances.

We are one game behind the Colts as well. I don't see the Colts beating the Texans once, but at a minimum I think they lose at least one to them. There are also some scenarios where we can lose one or two games, but they need to be the right losses (NFC versus AFC).

I never jumped ship, but the fact is we did lose to winable games. The thing I really like is the way we are playing on both sides of the ball the last two weeks. Mediocre teams do not dominate world champions. Mediocre teams don't go on the road and dominate any team, but the same team that played both the Ravens and Steelers to 3 point losses. I am optimistic. They have to keep winning the games they are supposed to which is every game they are favored (next 4). I also like the fact the Ravens may have nothing to play for in week 17 as a backup if we lose a game in next 5 weeks. That loss just can't be the Steelers if we hope to get in the playoffs.
Dude, you didn't even bother to read the entire thread; yet, you expect folks to read all that?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Dude, you didn't even bother to read the entire thread; yet, you expect folks to read all that?
I said yet, But I am not lazy and will read it.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:02 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14576

i said they were done. they've surpassed my 4-12 so I can't compain. now I'm just along for the ride. good news is there's been progress. i see denny has his pot of crow ready to serve.... i'll wait a couple more weeks to place an order.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5583

I don't think they make it, but they aren't toast. I hope they keep it interesting. I think they will, but I think it will take 10-6 to do it. I don't think they can do that. The Miami game haunts.

The last two games were perfectly scripted blow outs. In close games down the stretch Marvin will typically implode. I have liked the fake punts and going for it on 4th down, but I don't think it will last, especially when the the clock starts winding down in tight games.

And, of course, leave it to this "Moderator" to try to start a fight.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6376

No. I see us winning 2 more games this season and ending at 7-9 missing the playoffs which I posted in your thread at the beginning of the season about predicting this years record.

I would love nothing more to be wrong and see us going into the playoffs but I just don't see it happening.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8978

if we make the playoffs it will probably be another 1 and out again especially if we have to play against a rookie qb
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Corey Robinson T
5th Kenny Bell WR
5th Cedric Reed DE
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7116

I predicted wins in both weeks, but I do that 16+ games a year because if we get it going on all cylinders, we can hang with and beat anyone. Gotta give it 100% for 60 minutes.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23573

Since there was no option for Maybe, I went with a yes....they will still not make it to the postseason. If you didn't paint the world so black and white, and accepted that there was some grey in the middle, you would likely see most votes fall somewhere in the "maybe" category.

If they play every game for the rest of the year in the way they played in the last two games, then I believe that they'll make it in as a wildcard. If they falter against teams that could or should beat, then you won't be watching them in January.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Since there was no option for Maybe, I went with a yes....they will still not make it to the postseason. If you didn't paint the world so black and white, and accepted that there was some grey in the middle, you would likely see most votes fall somewhere in the "maybe" category.

If they play every game for the rest of the year in the way they played in the last two games, then I believe that they'll make it in as a wildcard. If they falter against teams that could or should beat, then you won't be watching them in January.
Maybe is for bytches.

You ever take a True/False test and wonder why there's not a maybe?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Yes, I still believe we will not make the playoffs this year.

0-3 in division games is not the path a team takes to the playoffs.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:54 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post

0-3 in division games is not the path a team takes to the playoffs.
Good thing we're 1-3
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1175

Quote:

I think the Bengals are going to continue the streak and end the season with the last wild card spot in the AFC. What say you?

I am interested to see what those that jumped off the ship say now and why.

Who-Dey!
I just say the Chiefs are over and done with. I'm just hoping for a win against the all mighty pick 6er himself.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1175

Ah f bomb the politics. We're going to own this schedule!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3566

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Maybe is for bytches.

You ever take a True/False test and wonder why there's not a maybe?
Except the true/false is normally something that is 100% right and something that is 100% wrong. These answers say their is either NO chance we are making it or we make the playoffs for a second year in a row. There is still a chance we make it, and with the steelers looking to be going backwards we control our destiny, but to say we are definitely going to be in, at this point, is just about as dumb as saying we are definitely out of it.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
Except the true/false is normally something that is 100% right and something that is 100% wrong. These answers say their is either NO chance we are making it or we make the playoffs for a second year in a row. There is still a chance we make it, and with the steelers looking to be going backwards we control our destiny, but to say we are definitely going to be in, at this point, is just about as dumb as saying we are definitely out of it.
Well the YES answer is just as definite. If there was a "maybe, perhaps, might, ect.." option then we could all pick that one and not be wrong.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2758

No shot. They are playing better, but not good enough to dig themselves out of the hole they put themselves in.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
I predicted wins in both weeks, but I do that 16+ games a year because if we get it going on all cylinders, we can hang with and beat anyone. Gotta give it 100% for 60 minutes.

Link to your preseason picks please?