Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2267
Default Lewis on Chiefs win: "It's over. Time to move on."

Quote:
Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy
Lewis on Chiefs win: "It's over. Time to move on."
I love it ! :) let's focus on the Raiders now and beat them ! One game at a time !!! Who Dey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18120
Default Re: Lewis on Chiefs win: "It's over. Time to move on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
I love it ! :) let's focus on the Raiders now and beat them ! One game at a time !!! Who Dey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell of a find!!

Marivn's doing a great job coaching, being professional, and leading the team!

Even his game plans are solid, even if he's letting the coordinators have a say because a good leader is a great listener!

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Hell of a find!!

Marivn's doing a great job coaching, being professional, and leading the team!

Even his game plans are solid, even if he's letting the coordinators have a say because a good leader is a great listener!
I know Marvin took over after half-time though. You could tell the offense slowed WAY down.

There were a lot of positives in that win though.
-AJ now hold a franchise record(most consecutive games with at least 1 TD reception)
-Sanu looks like he can be a solid NFL receiver.
-The Bengals had a 100+ yard rusher for the 1st time in a full year.
-Dalton didn't turn the ball over.
-Went for it twice on 4th down when they didn't have to.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21497
bengals Re: Lewis on Chiefs win: "It's over. Time to move on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
I know Marvin took over after half-time though. You could tell the offense slowed WAY down.

There were a lot of positives in that win though.
-AJ now hold a franchise record(most consecutive games with at least 1 TD reception)
-Sanu looks like he can be a solid NFL receiver.
-The Bengals had a 100+ yard rusher for the 1st time in a full year.
-Dalton didn't turn the ball over.
-Went for it twice on 4th down when they didn't have to.
LMAO.....it is called running the clock and playing with a convincing lead against a team that had not sniffed the endzone.

In other words it is called very smart football. Wow....is all that can be said I guess. Love when people bash with absolutely nothing to back it up.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

Marvin is a below average coach. How big of a sample size do you need? I would think a decade is enough of a look.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8234

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
LMAO.....it is called running the clock and playing with a convincing lead against a team that had not sniffed the endzone.

In other words it is called very smart football. Wow....is all that can be said I guess. Love when people bash with absolutely nothing to back it up.
Ordinarily I agree with you, but I don't believe in either "prevent" offense or defense. Keep the intensity, and bury them if that's the way the game goes. Bellichick and Harbaugh would agree. The Ravens buried us, and no matter what anybody says, it puts doubts in a team as to whether they can ever beat the team that crushed them, the first little thing goes bad against them, and the quicksand appears. Kill em if you can; and leave no doubt.smirk:

Last edited by Robbie Sharp; 11-19-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sharp View Post
Ordinarily I agree with you, but I don't believe in either "prevent" offense or defense. Keep the intensity, and bury them if that's the way the game goes. Bellichick and Harbaugh would agree. The Ravens buried us, and no matter what anybody says, it puts doubts in a team as to whether they can ever beat the team that crushed them, the first little thing goes bad against them, and the quicksand appears. Kill em if you can; and leave no doubt.smirk:
The Ravens did not "bury" us and even Harbaugh commented to the fact that the final score was not indicative to how the game went. The score did not open up until the 4th quarter and it was more due to our mistakes rather then the Ravens attempting to pile it on but nice try.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who2Dey View Post
Marvin is a below average coach. How big of a sample size do you need? I would think a decade is enough of a look.

This thread really had nothing to do with his overall quality as a head coach, but, since you brought it up, how was he a below average coach in this game? What specifically did he do that hurt us? Game seemed pretty well coached to me.

Furthermore, not dwelling on a convincing win so the team doesn't get a big head seems like pretty good coaching to me.

Seriously.................

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2324

Quote:

IMO you still have to go full throttle. Save the clock management for the fourth. Look at what the Pats did to the colts! I didn't really see any clock running from NE.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

This thread really had nothing to do with his overall quality as a head coach, but, since you brought it up, how was he a below average coach in this game? What specifically did he do that hurt us? Game seemed pretty well coached to me.

Furthermore, not dwelling on a convincing win so the team doesn't get a big head seems like pretty good coaching to me.

Seriously.................

Because he has been saying stuff like this for 10 years and it has amounted to squat. 10 more years? Make it an even 30 year winless playoff streak? If that's what tickles your pickle....doesn't do much for me.

Way to stay out of the way Marvin. He lost all respect in my eyes during one single game a couple seasons ago vs cleveland when Palmer had to talk him out of kicking for the tie and going for the win. I could rip into Marv more, but I won't. Actual good coaches with winning records don't stay with teams as long as marvins decade in Cincy.

It's always a good time to rain on a marvin pride parade. To quote the great Sean Salsbury "like shooting fish in a barrel". The history books back up my argument substantially.

And what else would they be doing besides moving on? Giving congratulatory hand'os in the locker room? It's the freaking chiefs for Christmas sake.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people

Last edited by Who2Dey; 11-19-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Was going to edit Christmas back to christ then chose to keep christmas
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13780

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanevans View Post
IMO you still have to go full throttle. Save the clock management for the fourth. Look at what the Pats did to the colts! I didn't really see any clock running from NE.
The same Pats that lost the best tight end in foootball for 6 weeks with a broken arm with less than 2 minutes left in the game. Sorry, but you don't get style points and you don't risk key players getting hurt when you have a game wrapped up.

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
The same Pats that lost the best tight end in foootball for 6 weeks with a broken arm with less than 2 minutes left in the game. Sorry, but you don't get style points and you don't risk key players getting hurt when you have a game wrapped up.
Broken during a PAT at that.
Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2324

Quote:
Valid point. I guess that's why I'm not a coach. I'm pretty aggressive, not in a way that's unsporting, but if we're playing well I want to keep going at the other team and slow my roll later into the game. Just how I am though I mean truly there is no right or wrong a W is a W is a W and we need more of em
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
Yeah, Marvin Lewis would not risk a #2 WR on a kick off would he? OH, wait that is why Marvin Jones has been injuried the last 4 weeks, isn't it?

Bad things happen, even on PATs.

It was a much dumber move to use the guy you game planned around and had as your new #2 on a kickoff. Which happens to be the play the most and the worse injuries happen on.

Oh, and how many Super Bowl Rings does Marvin have, compared to Belacheat?

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7173

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
Yeah, Marvin Lewis would not risk a #2 WR on a kick off would he? OH, wait that is why Marvin Jones has been injuried the last 4 weeks, isn't it?

It was a much dumber move to use the guy you game planned around and had as your new #2 on a kickoff. Which happens to be the play the most and the worse injuries happen on.

Would you have preferred AJ Green? The Bengals have to get 11 guys on the field for STs. And with Sanders returning kickoffs, I don't have a problem with the Bengals putting one of their fastest players on the field.

It just stinks that Marvin Jones got injured. Unfortunately, it happens.

WTS, I wouldn't qualify this move (Marvin Jones playing STs) as "poor coaching".
Old 11-19-2012, 10:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8234

Quote:
The Ravens did not "bury" us and even Harbaugh commented to the fact that the final score was not indicative to how the game went. The score did not open up until the 4th quarter and it was more due to our mistakes rather then the Ravens attempting to pile it on but nice try.
Of course it was due mainly to our mistakes, but after 3 quarters, that game was over, the score was 37-10 and the air was completely out of our sails. Hopefully, they can rebound the next time, but the Ravens looked pretty legit. Actually, I thought the Bengals looked more intimidated against the Steelers for whatever reason. THAT game would have been over probably in the first half had Mike Wallace been able to catch a ball thrown directly into his hands.It looks like they've turned the corner in the last two games and are legitimate competitors now, if they can keep it going. Spin that game all you want, but it was another opening day embarrassing loss, a trend that needs to stop, and it's not all on the players.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13780

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post

You want to come after me, then have some better material. Last I checked A. Brown is a punt returner for the Steelers who is pretty darn good and gets paid number one wide receiver money.

As far as being on a punt team in the first quarter and being on the field with less than 3 minutes left in a game your team is winning 55-24 is similar........................................... .NOT

Please take your drivel elsewwhere or get some better material

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones

Last edited by Luvnit2; 11-19-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3179

Quote:
Because he has been saying stuff like this for 10 years and it has amounted to squat. 10 more years? Make it an even 30 year winless playoff streak? If that's what tickles your pickle....doesn't do much for me.

Way to stay out of the way Marvin. He lost all respect in my eyes during one single game a couple seasons ago vs cleveland when Palmer had to talk him out of kicking for the tie and going for the win. I could rip into Marv more, but I won't. Actual good coaches with winning records don't stay with teams as long as marvins decade in Cincy.

It's always a good time to rain on a marvin pride parade. To quote the great Sean Salsbury "like shooting fish in a barrel". The history books back up my argument substantially.

And what else would they be doing besides moving on? Giving congratulatory hand'os in the locker room? It's the freaking chiefs for Christmas sake.
Umm we dominated the last two games. Something that essentially NEVER happens under Marvin Lewis (no matter what team). Hold the grudges you want but Marvin and the coaching staff deserve credit for the high level of play, aggression and confidence this team has shown. I understand not wanting to settle for marginal signs of improvement (two measly wins, one against a bad team ect. ect.) but you're blazay blah attitude is woefully mistimed imo.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

I don't remember him saying stuff like this in the past because he never said anything with any substance.

It's the Chiefs that also almost beat the Saints, Ravens, and Steelers, and it's big that he saying it because he's telling our players "good job, but it doesn't do **** for us now, so keep improving and get ready for the Raiders."

Marvin may have had his flaws in the past and they may pop-up again, but he's doing a good job coaching this season, so why hate?

Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Congrats to Marvin for beating the worst team in the NFL
Old 11-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I don't remember him saying stuff like this in the past because he never said anything with any substance.

It's the Chiefs that also almost beat the Saints, Ravens, and Steelers, and it's big that he saying it because he's telling our players "good job, but it doesn't do **** for us now, so keep improving and get ready for the Raiders."

Marvin may have had his flaws in the past and they may pop-up again, but he's doing a good job coaching this season, so why hate?
They did beat the Saints. That was their one win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Nobody's patting him on the back for this team beating the Chiefs. It's the approach that's being commended that resulted in a dominating performance.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-20-2012, 01:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:

A good job coaching this season? 5-5 is good?

I consider a good job coaching leading your team to more wins than losses. Crazy perhaps, but thats my philosophy.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8506

0-4 in the playoffs.. Marvin is still a bad coach. Move on from that!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
0-4 in the playoffs.. Marvin is still a bad coach. Move on from that!
Not a bad coach. Just a mediocre one. If we continue to play with fire and intensity, make it to the play offs and win I might upgrade him to good. I doubt that suddenly happens after 10 years but i'm holding out hope (not even the playoffs part but the continuing to play non-conservatively and being aggressive).

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Sure was more convincing in doing it than the Ravens and Steelers.