Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 312
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

I will be there ready to rock the house!!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Word! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed this. He made the best possible attempt to make that play that you can imagine,....and he almost made it. He didn't change the direction he was running in until he tried to make the tackle. Nice form, Carson,....nice form. He wouldn't have had to do that though if he hadn't thrown the ball to the other team....
Its actually good that he didn't make the play. Atlanta would have been able to run the clock out and kick the FG for the win. Instead, CP drove the Raiders 80 yards in 2 minutes to tie the game up again. Unfortunately too fast, as it allowed the Falcons enough time to take advantage of the Raiders Defense and drive 43 yards in 39 seconds allowing the kicker to make a 55 yard FG as time expired for the win.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

CP lifted this team out of the 90s. Much respect...too many butt hurt haters.

I bet if Carson received the tommy john surgery he would consistently be at the top of the league. Instead he chose to opt for rest and he hasn't had the same zip since. He was nice the couple times I met him...but I didn't mention football or yell whodey in his face, so I'm sure he appreciated that.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who2Dey View Post

I bet if Carson received the tommy john surgery he would consistently be at the top of the league. Instead he chose to opt for rest and he hasn't had the same zip since. He was nice the couple times I met him...but I didn't mention football or yell whodey in his face, so I'm sure he appreciated that.
Probably woulda loved it if you woulda wanted to talk USC football. I just hope the team is "butt hurt" and not so in love with what CP9 did for the franchise.

BTW agree 100% about the surgery, all ways said so

Last edited by bfine32; 11-19-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 420

Quote:

He decided against the TJ surgery after talking to 2 NFL QB's** that had it and lost their zip because of the surgery. There is more success in MLB than the NFL with this surgery.
Andrews told CP he could go either way. Jobe is the one that suggested that he not have the surgery.

** Carson called both Jake Delhomme and Rob Johnson about their surgeries.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-7297696

Johnson tried to come back but couldn't and Delhomme was never the same.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan247 View Post
He decided against the TJ surgery after talking to 2 NFL QB's** that had it and lost their zip because of the surgery. There is more success in MLB than the NFL with this surgery.
Andrews told CP he could go either way. Jobe is the one that suggested that he not have the surgery.

** Carson called both Jake Delhomme and Rob Johnson about their surgeries.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-7297696

Johnson tried to come back but couldn't and Delhomme was never the same.
I can see why he didn't opt for surgery because success stories are rare, but so are the TJ injuries in the NFL. With the success pitchers have and the ever growing medical field I personally would opt for surgery. What they did with his knee was pretty amazing in itself.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149
bengals Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
Now that's funny....lol. (even though Troy is a SAFETY )
What the bengals need to do is play the raiders and not carson palmer .....I think we just need to go out and just play our game forget about carson palmer....And try to get another win ......And if we do that i think that will tell alot about this team.....That we can stay focused on our goals and the plays at hand ......This is a young team and we cant get side tracked....Over no has been QB and lose sight of what we are trying to accomplish......We cant have a let down it would just take the air right out of this team at this point in the season.....On the other hand another win would just raise the confidence of this team to the best level this team has had in 10 years ....This game willl really show if we have the maturation we will need to go forword.....
Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
What the bengals need to do is play the raiders and not carson palmer .....I think we just need to go out and just play our game forget about carson palmer....And try to get another win ......And if we do that i think that will tell alot about this team.....That we can stay focused on our goals and the plays at hand ......This is a young team and we cant get side tracked....Over no has been QB and lose sight of what we are trying to accomplish......We cant have a let down it would just take the air right out of this team at this point in the season.....On the other hand another win would just raise the confidence of this team to the best level this team has had in 10 years ....This game willl really show if we have the maturation we will need to go forword.....
Not that I disagree with what you said but you called this a young team (as they are) and a lot of the young players on this team weren't on this team when Palmer was here so I dont think they would get so caught up in this and if anything its the veterans on this team that people should be worried about getting caught up with this Palmer thing because those are the players who were on this team when he was, in the eyes of Dalton and Green who are the youth of this team, this shouldnt affect them so much seeing as they've never been on the same field as Palmer and can easily treat this like any other game

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-20-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 151

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
I wonder what Marvin Lewis's mindset is going to be like in this game. I know he will downplay it but I bet he wants to prove a little something to Carson. It will be interesting.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1294

I still dislike carson for how he straight up just quit. But i will at least give him the fact that once he left he never said a bad word about the orginization. Of course i would like him to tell the world what exactly the problem is, but theres no way he could do it without making himself look bad and being even more hated.

At the same time, he wasnt getting it done. And he wasnt going to get it done. He wasnt a leader and had no personality on the field. At the time he said "it best for both sides" i thought it was a bunch of B.S. but it turns out it was best for us.

However, i will be at the game booing the **** out of him, and cheering everytime he messes up or gets hit. Ive been to 3 other games this year and this is the game i was most excited about. Hopefully we beat them baaaadly.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27366

Quote:
CP lifted this team out of the 90s.
I disagree with you here. Marv lifted this team out of the 90's. We had a 6 game improvement from '02-03 with essentially the same players and Kitna at QB. Also, Marv has a better record without Palmer than with him believe it or not. Not saying Marv is a great coach, but he did manage to turn things around here. Just can't get a playoff win.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-20-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8445

Quote:

Agree he should have had the surgery, alot of MLB pitchers who have it done tend to come back with a little more velocity than prior to.

We all know why he left, but I just wish that he would man up and be open about it.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 AM
VIP Gold Member

Damn they sound more hopeless than we did 2 weeks ago.

Raiders board
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 26094

On Sunday I will be there to welcome Carson Palmer back to Cincinnati and, in fact, I'll be wearing my #9 jersey. Carson gave the Bengals a much needed lift and I think we need to remember he was among the elite quarterbacks in the league in 2005 and 2006. I cannot disagree with his decision to confront the Front Office after the 2010 season, either, because he was spot-on about the organization needing some top-down change to succeed. I also can't fault Mike Brown for handling Carson the way he did and I give Mr. Brown mad props for using Carson to mug the Oakland Raiders in broad daylight.

When Carson takes the field the first time I will be on my feet clapping because he deserves it for bleeding orange and black for so long. The Bengals wouldn't have Andy Dalton or all those terrific draftees were it not for Carson forcing Mr. Brown's hand -- and Mr. Brown fully dealing that hand to the Bengals' advantage! However, once the Raiders snap the ball the first time, all Carson tributes should end and, for the remainder of the game, we need to remember he is on the other side now and he needs to be abused like any other opposing quarterback. As Michael Corleone said in The Godfather, "It's not personal. It's business."
Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4509

I look at the game against the Raiders like the Alamo. Carson took something from us fans...our trust and our dreams....I mean...seriously....how many people bought Palmer jerseys that year and he KNEW he wasn't coming back. Im sorry Carson lovers....he has to be the one to pay the price as in war there are always winners and losers.....and we aint losing. By the end of the game he will be crying crocodile tears worse the Cam Newton after another missed field goal..... the fans however will be screaming "Remember the JUNGLE"!!!!

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 950

I Iike what Mo had to say yesterday on 1360--Carson ended a relationship.

The very same people that are critical of Carson have quit on relationships, or have quit on their marriage, perhaps they've left their wife and kids, We've all quit previuous jobs and all of us have ended at least one relationship.

Ending a realtionship with Mike Brown is no sin.

The holier than thou on this site should look in the mirror.
Many of you are divorced.
Some of you are behind in child support.
Many of you fail to spend enough time with your kids.
Some of you have children outside of wedlock..
Some of you have a poor work record.
Some of you have cheated on your spouse.
Some of you have addictions.
Some of you abuse drugs, booze and perhaps people around you.
Some of you have a criminal record.
Some of you have failed relationships with family members.

Yeah--that Carson Palmer is a bum ??

Last edited by tmangoud; 11-20-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

I just find it funny that all the super butt hurt non-fans of CP aren't happy. They should be, look at our team now, and look at the draft pick we got. If anything, he did us a favor and you should be thankful
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4509

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
I Iike what Mo had to say yeserday on 1360--Carson ended a realtionship.

The very same people that are critical of Carson have quit on relationships, or have quit on their marriage, perhaps they've left their wife and kids, We've all quit previuous jobs and all of us have ended at least one relationship.

Been married 20 years, never quit a job other then transferring, have a great kid in College and the reserves... I think Carson stinks and I feel he left like a chump..any thing else Doctor Phil?

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27366

Quote:
That Carson Palmer is a bum !!
You said it brother. Carson Palmer IS a bum. Can't wait to see him picking pieces of PBS turf out of his face mask.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM
VIP Gold Member

Carson stood up to Mike Brown, cant say the same for Marvin Lewis.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Been married 20 years, never quit a job other then transferring, have a great kid in College and the reserves... I think Carson stinks and I feel he left like a chump..any thing else Doctor Phil?
Congratulations, and in all honesty, I'm happy for you. But, you are the exception, not the rule.

If you worked for an executive staff who cut costs at the expense of your safety and overall well being, hired mostly incompetent managers, employed regular staff who couldn't perform their duties at a high level, ignored your needs and recommendations necessary to help make your department perform better, and didn't really seem to care about the public perception of the company as long as they were profitable; wouldn't you consider leaving?

Palmer worked for the worst owner in the NFL, the worst, and unlike most, his options were extremely limited since the job of Starting NFL QB doesn't open up too often. What he did may have been selfish, but it did shed some light on just how bad of an owner and GM Mike Brown is. Him leaving also got the team Dalton and Green, so nobody should be mad about that.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I disagree with you here. Marv lifted this team out of the 90's. We had a 6 game improvement from '02-03 with essentially the same players and Kitna at QB. Also, Marv has a better record without Palmer than with him believe it or not. Not saying Marv is a great coach, but he did manage to turn things around here. Just can't get a playoff win.
True, but look at the playoff game in '05 with Palmer, and then with Kitna. No way we win two divisions and put up those numbers with Kitna v/s. Palmer....and I love Kitna.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
I just find it funny that all the super butt hurt non-fans of CP aren't happy. They should be, look at our team now, and look at the draft pick we got. If anything, he did us a favor and you should be thankful
That's what I don't get....
Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
You've had one job your entire life?
And you married your first girlfriend?
Next on the Dr Phil tman show.....

We'll be right back after a word from our sponsor.

Last edited by tmangoud; 11-20-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:24 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16313

Quote:
I Iike what Mo had to say yesterday on 1360--Carson ended a relationship.

Many of you are divorced.
Some of you are behind in child support.
Many of you fail to spend enough time with your kids.
Some of you have children outside of wedlock..
Some of you have a poor work record.
Some of you have cheated on your spouse.
Some of you have addictions.
Some of you abuse drugs, booze and perhaps people around you.
Some of you have a criminal record.
Some of you have failed relationships with family members.

Yeah--that Carson Palmer is a bum ??
I actually have NONE of those, and I never will fall into any of those.

Not high and mighty either, its the truth.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE