Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 24978
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post

The holier than thou on this site should look in the mirror.
Many of you are divorced.
Some of you are behind in child support.
Many of you fail to spend enough time with your kids.
Some of you have children outside of wedlock..
Some of you have a poor work record.
Some of you have cheated on your spouse.
Some of you have addictions.
Some of you abuse drugs, booze and perhaps people around you.
Some of you have a criminal record.
Some of you have failed relationships with family members.
Dang! And that's just Terrell Owens!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5132

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereThereMayBeTigers View Post
Looking back, CP leaving was likely one of the best things to happen because it hastened Brat's departure, still I hope we destroy them.
And yet, on some Sundays, I still feel like he's still here calling the same plays that I hated to see when he was actually here. Hmmmmmm
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 11727

CP quit on our city and our team. I could care less about his reasons, he quit and took his ball and went home like a 5 year old. Palmer was paid a huge bonus to stay in Cincinnati. He agreed to a long term contract. MIke Brown is the same man today he was when Carson signed the contract.

In the end, Carson made an emotional decision versus a business decision. In the end, Palmer looks the fool and Mike Brown looks the genious. He got rid of a huge salary, got a 1st and 2nd round pick and helped improve the nucleus for years to come.

Palmer ends up in the black hole playing for a team that will never contend while he is their QB. Palmer lost his heart in 2008. I am glad he left because he was a very good arm with no leadership ability.

But, he gave us some good years, so I won't boo him. I will ignore him, just as he ignored us in the end.
Round 3 - AJ McCarron - 6'3" 220

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
I actually have NONE of those, and I never will fall into any of those.

Not high and mighty either, its the truth.
Oh another person who married his first girlfriend and never changed jobs in his life.

c'mon man!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3822

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
JSR18

Come help enlighten some of these fans, will you please?

Carson left because he hates playing for Marvin Lewis, and he realizes that Mike Brown is too stupid/stubborn to ever put together a Super Bowl winning team. Nothing more, nothing less.

He didn't want out because he hates the fans (although he should... booing the man when he passes 20,000 yards?? Seriously??? Embarrassing fan behavior...). Not because he hates the city. Not because the Buckeyes played in the same state in which he resided...

He left for the same reasons that we all gripe about. The only difference? Carson is not a lifelong, addicted Bengals fan. Lucky for him, he doesn't have the same sickness that keeps many of us cheering for Mike Brown's Bengals year after year.

You can't take it personally, people. Some of you need to lighten up.

Would you honestly want to continue playing for Marvin Lewis/Mike Brown after several unsuccessful years?? How can anyone blame him for wanting out?
You are correct with everything you said, however there are a couple of reasons still not public knowledge that are personal and have zero to do with the city or the Bengals...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

#15--gone, but never forgotten...
Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
Carl Pickens Clause, brah..
I thought about neg repping you for saying "brah". Still might, just haven't yet.

That is ALMOST as annoying as "you mad bro?".
Old 11-20-2012, 01:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10518

All the hate for Carson and we may not even sell out. Sounds unlikely from the front page article anyway. I can barely hate on Carson anymore. Now that I see he really wasn't a good QB, not sure why I believed in the bum anyway. Can't wait to see his face as he picks himself up off the ground over and over again. He'll be out of the league next year, with a legacy as a quitter in Cinci, and a failure in Oakland....
Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj22 View Post
All the hate for Carson and we may not even sell out. Sounds unlikely from the front page article anyway. I can barely hate on Carson anymore. Now that I see he really wasn't a good QB, not sure why I believed in the bum anyway. Can't wait to see his face as he picks himself up off the ground over and over again. He'll be out of the league next year, with a legacy as a quitter in Cinci, and a failure in Oakland....
Just like a woman or man leaving there marriage, it looks good in the other field until you find the field is artificial grass. He's probably saying to himself, I left this for this?
Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
I thought about neg repping you for saying "brah". Still might, just haven't yet.

That is ALMOST as annoying as "you mad bro?".

You mad, brah?

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Old 11-20-2012, 02:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13694
Default Re: We better destroy the raiders !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
I bet he's the starter next season. Actually, I'll bet on Dennis Allen(HC) being released after this season before Palmer gets benched or released.
You really think they are going to pay him 13 million? He might start somewhere but it won't be Oakland and that is if his wife lets him leave California...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
CP quit on our city and our team. I could care less about his reasons, he quit and took his ball and went home like a 5 year old. Palmer was paid a huge bonus to stay in Cincinnati. He agreed to a long term contract. MIke Brown is the same man today he was when Carson signed the contract.

In the end, Carson made an emotional decision versus a business decision. In the end, Palmer looks the fool and Mike Brown looks the genious. He got rid of a huge salary, got a 1st and 2nd round pick and helped improve the nucleus for years to come.

Palmer ends up in the black hole playing for a team that will never contend while he is their QB. Palmer lost his heart in 2008. I am glad he left because he was a very good arm with no leadership ability.

But, he gave us some good years, so I won't boo him. I will ignore him, just as he ignored us in the end.
What about 2009?
Sweeping the division and multiple 4th quarter comebacks. That's not a leader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Dayton View Post
You really think they are going to pay him 13 million? He might start somewhere but it won't be Oakland and that is if his wife lets him leave California...
I think so. If not, he might renegotiate seeing as how he's done so already. Finding a quality starter(and he is) isn't easy. Mark it down, Palmer will be starting for Oakland in 2013.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2518

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj22 View Post
You may have a sad but true point.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13694

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
I think so. If not, he might renegotiate seeing as how he's done so already. Finding a quality starter(and he is) isn't easy. Mark it down, Palmer will be starting for Oakland in 2013.
Oakland is in rebuilding mode. They aren't going to pay Carson 13 million or anything close to that. They are going to draft a rookie and start over on the cheap. Mark it down...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul from Dayton View Post
Oakland is in rebuilding mode. They aren't going to pay Carson 13 million or anything close to that. They are going to draft a rookie and start over on the cheap. Mark it down...

I find this hard to believe. Carson isn't a free agent until 2015..I think they draft some weapons and aquire a couple defensive studs. It doesn't matter whos at QB when your defense plays like Oakland's does. Mark it down buddy !

Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
You've had one job your entire life?
And you married your first girlfriend?
Next on the Dr Phil tman show.....

We'll be right back after a word from our sponsor.
Lets start from the top since you want to be a Poindexter...I'm 44 and did NOT marry my first girlfriend, it took a lot of weeding to pick the right flower...I retired from the military after 22 years of service DUH...sounds hard huh....anything else? By the way, Doctor Phil should be listed in my "One free shot thread"...that guy is a D-bag.

^ If everyone else saw the world as M B sees it!!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7773

Will be treating Carson like any other visiting QB to PBS.

He is my enemy. This is a big game for the Bengals.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
Not that I disagree with what you said but you called this a young team (as they are) and a lot of the young players on this team weren't on this team when Palmer was here so I dont think they would get so caught up in this and if anything its the veterans on this team that people should be worried about getting caught up with this Palmer thing because those are the players who were on this team when he was, in the eyes of Dalton and Green who are the youth of this team, this shouldnt affect them so much seeing as they've never been on the same field as Palmer and can easily treat this like any other game
I mentioned the above yesterday and it turns out that's how the Bengals are approaching this game

Quote:
Lewis pointed out in a meeting that 28 players currently on the Bengals' 53-man roster never played with Palmer, and that includes quarterback Andy Dalton.
Quote:
“The only time that Carson was brought up was when y’all were bringing it up,” Dalton said. “It wasn’t really talked about in the locker room. The coaches weren’t talking about it. Obviously because he wasn’t here, it’s something to talk about it. But nobody in the locker room was talking about it.”
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4712
Default How will Carson be treated Sunday?

Curious as to how his reception back to PBS will be, on one hand there will be those who hold a grudge over the way he left, on the other hand the way he left may have opened the door for some positive changes

I wonder how much changed because of his hard line stance on leaving? Was Bob Bratkowski a casualty?

I think the Bengals made out like a fat rat ending up with Andy Dalton who I think is a much better leader, I think Bengal fans should give him a standing ovation Sunday
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2919
Default Re: How will Carson be treated Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Curious as to how his reception back to PBS will be, on one hand there will be those who hold a grudge over the way he left, on the other hand the way he left may have opened the door for some positive changes

I wonder how much changed because of his hard line stance on leaving? Was Bob Bratkowski a casualty?

I think the Bengals made out like a fat rat ending up with Andy Dalton who I think is a much better leader, I think Bengal fans should give him a standing ovation Sunday
I think you are going to hear a few scattered claps mingled with deafening boos and then an uproar when he throws an INT.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3082

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc05wjMHnOo
Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7611

i say cheer,

it was a sign Marvin and Katie got more say in the team

and cheer even louder when Kirkpatrick gets his first pick 6

WINNING MAKES BELIEVERS OF US ALL PAUL BROWN
Marvin for GM 2013

Last edited by Bengals in Toronto; 11-20-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1463

well considering people booed him when he reached 20,000 career passing yards, im going to say its going to be about the same as that
Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Mob mentality mixed w/ booze

It's going to be deafening boos.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post

There's no doubt that Brat's firing was a last ditch effort to convince Carson to come back.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21390

He will get roundly booed.