Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 542
Default Prisco still a believer!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...r-playoff-push

There's always a team in mid-November that seems ready to make a real playoff push after a slow start.
Many would say this year's team in that role is the New Orleans Saints.
I say it's the Cincinnati Bengals.

The Bengals have won two consecutive games -- including blowing out the Super Bowl-champion Giants two weeks ago -- to get to 5-5, and they have a tissue-soft schedule that will make a run not only possible, but likely.
Here are the Bengals' next four games: Home against Oakland, at San Diego, home against Dallas, at Philadelphia. Not one of those opponents has a winning record. That stretch seemed brutal when the season started. Not anymore.
The Bengals close out the season with two AFC North games, one at Pittsburgh and one at home against the Ravens. Get a split, and they might be in.
They are 17th in our CBSSports.com Power Rankings this week, but I have a sneaky feeling a month from now they will be a lot higher.
The biggest difference with this Bengals team and the one from earlier in the season is its defense. It's getting healthy. They had a lot of injury issues early on and had to fight through them.
On offense, they have started to run the ball better, which will help take some of the pressure off the downfield passing game. BenJarvus Green-Ellis had his first 100-yard game as a Bengal in Sunday's victory over the Chiefs.
Second-year quarterback Andy Dalton has played better in the past couple of weeks -- putting aside any talk of a sophomore slump -- and A.J. Green continues to be sensational at wide receiver. What's more, some younger receivers, like rookie Mohamed Sanu, are starting to make plays.
I picked the Bengals to win the AFC North. That's probably not going to happen. But I still think they have a real shot to be a playoff team. They trail the Steelers and the Colts by a game in the race for the final AFC spot. The Steelers have quarterback issues and the Colts are a young team that was exposed some in New England.
Three weeks ago many were laughing at my pick of the Bengals in the playoffs. Not so much anymore, right?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34028
Default Re: Prisco still a believer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballBender View Post

There's always a team in mid-November that seems ready to make a real playoff push after a slow start.

The Bengals have won two consecutive games -- including blowing out the Super Bowl-champion Giants two weeks ago -- to get to 5-5, and they have a tissue-soft schedule that will make a run not only possible, but likely.
Here are the Bengals' next four games: Home against Oakland, at San Diego, home against Dallas, at Philadelphia. Not one of those opponents has a winning record. That stretch seemed brutal when the season started. Not anymore.
The Bengals close out the season with two AFC North games, one at Pittsburgh and one at home against the Ravens. Get a split, and they might be in.
They are 17th in our CBSSports.com Power Rankings this week, but I have a sneaky feeling a month from now they will be a lot higher.
The biggest difference with this Bengals team and the one from earlier in the season is its defense. It's getting healthy. They had a lot of injury issues early on and had to fight through them.
On offense, they have started to run the ball better, which will help take some of the pressure off the downfield passing game. BenJarvus Green-Ellis had his first 100-yard game as a Bengal in Sunday's victory over the Chiefs.
Second-year quarterback Andy Dalton has played better in the past couple of weeks -- putting aside any talk of a sophomore slump -- and A.J. Green continues to be sensational at wide receiver. What's more, some younger receivers, like rookie Mohamed Sanu, are starting to make plays.
I picked the Bengals to win the AFC North. That's probably not going to happen. But I still think they have a real shot to be a playoff team. They trail the Steelers and the Colts by a game in the race for the final AFC spot. The Steelers have quarterback issues and the Colts are a young team that was exposed some in New England.
Three weeks ago many were laughing at my pick of the Bengals in the playoffs. Not so much anymore, right?

Prisco i like you.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Prisco i like you.

Dibs on his babies.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Dibs on his babies.
You want to have his?

Or eat his?
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12776

I like what he had to say and am starting to think a little more positively now. Let's hope he is right and that we don't play down to the level of our opponent in some of those games.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

I will be honest, I counted this team out once they lost to the Browns. I fully believed they would fall on their face and become the most Disappointing Team of 2012-13. The last two games have been great. They destroyed, without question, the New York Football Giants in every single aspect of the game. They did exactly what they needed to do against the Chiefs. They are starting to click in all aspects of the game. The running game is starting to gain some momentum with Peerman and BJGE and with the success of the running game, so goes the offense.

These next four games are critical. They HAVE to finish 4-0 or 3-1. If they split, they wont make the playoffs. Bengals should do to Oakland what they did to the Chiefs. Bengals should be fine against the Chargers, due to past success. Cowboys and Eagles are both overrated and I would love to see Who Dey Nation just kick their *****.

I am not getting my hopes up about the Playoffs, but everyone on here can smell that sweeeeetness of the playoffs baking in the oven. Its there....in our grasp. If they can finish the year playing the way they have in the last two games, we could be a dangerous team carrying a lot of momentum into the playoffs. Records dont mean **** in the playoffs....its about who has the momentum. The wheels are rolling, lets keep it that way!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73507

Pricko is still a *****, but it makes sense somewhat. Of course, it's still kind of unlikely at this point. But anything could happen
Old 11-20-2012, 11:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
I will be honest, I counted this team out once they lost to the Browns. I fully believed they would fall on their face and become the most Disappointing Team of 2012-13. The last two games have been great. They destroyed, without question, the New York Football Giants in every single aspect of the game. They did exactly what they needed to do against the Chiefs. They are starting to click in all aspects of the game. The running game is starting to gain some momentum with Peerman and BJGE and with the success of the running game, so goes the offense.

These next four games are critical. They HAVE to finish 4-0 or 3-1. If they split, they wont make the playoffs. Bengals should do to Oakland what they did to the Chiefs. Bengals should be fine against the Chargers, due to past success. Cowboys and Eagles are both overrated and I would love to see Who Dey Nation just kick their *****.

I am not getting my hopes up about the Playoffs, but everyone on here can smell that sweeeeetness of the playoffs baking in the oven. Its there....in our grasp. If they can finish the year playing the way they have in the last two games, we could be a dangerous team carrying a lot of momentum into the playoffs. Records dont mean **** in the playoffs....its about who has the momentum. The wheels are rolling, lets keep it that way!
I like your positivity, but please tell me what in the world the Bengals "past success" against the Chargers has anything to do with the current team's chances to beat them.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Finally getting peerman into the rotation i dont know what took so long on that.

Also Its time to Start you playoff beards.....
Old 11-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: Prisco still a believer!!

Quote:

i, like all of you hope they continue to play to win, but as many times as this team has let me down, i do not expect it to happen. if they do, then i will be happy. of course i see better than i hear and i will wait until it happens to reap any praise on them.for them to lose 5 games this year, that will probably be their downfall.we can only hope as we do each and every year.and why isn't jason allen playing????
Old 11-20-2012, 12:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Finally getting peerman into the rotation i dont know what took so long on that. How about it?

Also Its time to Start you playoff beards.....
I'll grow mine while I'm off for the next 14 days, but will have to shave when I go back to work. I'll keep growing it in spirit though.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 160

I love that he picked us to go the AFCG in the preseason. But, two weeks ago, he couldn't disown us fast enough. If he changes his tune on the team two or more times before the season is over, I'm going to start calling him Daugherty Junior.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey1302 View Post
I like your positivity, but please tell me what in the world the Bengals "past success" against the Chargers has anything to do with the current team's chances to beat them.
The Bengals have always played well against them. They beat them pretty handedly in 2010 when no one picked them to beat the Chargers. 3 out of the last 4 games have all been decided by one posession. The Bengals may have lost, but they have always played them hard.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
I'll grow mine while I'm off for the next 14 days, but will have to shave when I go back to work. I'll keep growing it in spirit though.
good enough im gonna go with the Full beard shaved head look this winter...

Hurray for Skull caps.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5765

Quote:
The Bengals have always played well against them. They beat them pretty handedly in 2010 when no one picked them to beat the Chargers. 3 out of the last 4 games have all been decided by one posession. The Bengals may have lost, but they have always played them hard.
So, according to you, the Bengals should be fine against the Chargers because of one game in 2010 and the fact that they've lost 75% of the past 4 against them??
Old 11-20-2012, 12:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
You want to have his?

Or eat his?
both

Old 11-20-2012, 12:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Hurray for Skull caps.
Oh yeah!! Got the shaved head to go with it. We should add the shaved head to go with the full beard for the playoffs.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19922

We are one game out of the wild card spot....talk about going out on a limb.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8293

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey1302 View Post
So, according to you, the Bengals should be fine against the Chargers because of one game in 2010 and the fact that they've lost 75% of the past 4 against them??
duh
Old 11-20-2012, 12:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyBengal View Post
We are one game out of the wild card spot....talk about going out on a limb.

2, but yeah it didn't look as promising 2 weeks ago either..
Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15997

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
I love that he picked us to go the AFCG in the preseason. But, two weeks ago, he couldn't disown us fast enough. If he changes his tune on the team two or more times before the season is over, I'm going to start calling him Daugherty Junior.
hmmmm.....80% of our fan base gave up on us after losing the 4th straight, but you expect a writer who is subjective to keep the faith. Come on man!!

On a side note, Prisco has always liked us more so than any other National writer. I have no idea why, but he liked us a year ago as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17822

Quote:

Hurray for Skull caps.
Toques.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-20-2012, 12:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26812
bengals Re: Prisco still a believer!!

Quote:

Lots of good points and i hope he is right.

Definately possible.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Bengals should be fine against the Chargers, due to past success.
I have extremely vivid memories of the Chargers, and they are not fond. At all.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
hmmmm.....80% of our fan base gave up on us after losing the 4th straight, but you expect a writer who is subjective to keep the faith. Come on man!!

On a side note, Prisco has always liked us more so than any other National writer. I have no idea why, but he liked us a year ago as well.

It's tough to find anyone talking about playoffs during a 4 game losing streak, but you don't get to then claim credit for 'being a believer' only on days after a W.