Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Game Day!!

Game Day!! A place to discuss the current games during the games themselves.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Sanu is not a starting caliber WR?

Hahahaha good night
I have to agree with him. Sanu is a very good possession WR, and should be the slot guy. That means he is a #3 WR, not one of the starting 2 WR. He is too slow.

Yes, I watched him today, and he is still to slow to get seperation, but has a great body and great hands, which helps him make up for the lack of speed and quickness.

He is TJ, all over again.

We need some better to be our #2 WR across from AJ Green.

We have the guy, if Marvin keeps him off Kickoffs kin Marvin Jones. Jones has the speed, quickness, and hands to be a pro-bowl quality WR, and should be across from AJ Green.

If both Marvin Jones and Sanu both continue to develop, we should have AJ Green as our #1, Marvin Jones as our #2, and Sanu as our #3 WR. We would then have one of the best, if not the best top 3 WR corps in the NFL.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10554

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
I have to agree with him. Sanu is a very good possession WR, and should be the slot guy. That means he is a #3 WR, not one of the starting 2 WR. He is too slow.

Yes, I watched him today, and he is still to slow to get seperation, but has a great body and great hands, which helps him make up for the lack of speed and quickness.

He is TJ, all over again.

We need some better to be our #2 WR across from AJ Green.

We have the guy, if Marvin keeps him off Kickoffs kin Marvin Jones. Jones has the speed, quickness, and hands to be a pro-bowl quality WR, and should be across from AJ Green.

If both Marvin Jones and Sanu both continue to develop, we should have AJ Green as our #1, Marvin Jones as our #2, and Sanu as our #3 WR. We would then have one of the best, if not the best top 3 WR corps in the NFL.
So TJ was not starting quality?

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
So TJ was not starting quality?
TJ was OK, but not great. He did well, because of Chad and a good running game. What happened to him when he went to teams that did not have a above average #1 WR, or a running game? TJ's weakness stood out like a bright light in a pitch dark night.

TJ was an above average WR at best, and would have been a #3 WR on a few teams. A slot WR is not a starter.

I want this team to be better than that.

AJ Green has the ability to be the best WR in the NFL, and should have a #2 who also puts pressure on the other team.

M. Jones has the skills to do that, if developed, Sanu doesn't have the speed and quickness needed to be a top notch #2 WR.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
Old 11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 45401

Quote:
TJ was OK, but not great. He did well, because of Chad and a good running game. What happened to him when he went to teams that did not have a above average #1 WR, or a running game? TJ's weakness stood out like a bright light in a pitch dark night.

TJ was an above average WR at best, and would have been a #3 WR on a few teams. A slot WR is not a starter.

AJ Green has the ability to be the best WR in the NFL, and should have a #2 who also puts pressure on the other team.

M. Jones has the skills to do that, if developed, Sanu doesn't have the speed and quickness needed to be a top notch #2 WR.

Despite how I felt about TJ's ego, etc. near the end of his time here, one thing that you cannot dispute is that he was one tough S.O.B. He held onto the ball and took some of the hardest hits that the NFL had to offer. I'd say he was starting quality, just not WR1, as he thought he was.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13539

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Despite how I felt about TJ's ego, etc. near the end of his time here, one thing that you cannot dispute is that he was one tough S.O.B. He held onto the ball and took some of the hardest hits that the NFL had to offer. I'd say he was starting quality, just not WR1, as he thought he was.
Could not agree more. He was a great possession guy, but also a product of having the defenses focused elsewhere. But we are all egocentric in our own way; that situation might be hard for most of us to admit.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

Quote:

I'm guessing 2008 when Chad had an injured shoulder and quit on the team and no running game but put up 92 catches 904 yards and catching balls from a pathetic backup QB who had a porous O-Line isn't starting material.....

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5251

Picked up Sanu off the waiver wire and inserted him as a starter over Torrey Smith on a whim, last minute chickened out and started Torrey Smith

Sanu: 10 points

Smith: 1 point

Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Picked up Sanu off the waiver wire and inserted him as a starter over Torrey Smith on a whim, last minute chickened out and started Torrey Smith

Sanu: 10 points

Smith: 1 point

I benched Justin Blackmon and started Bowe and Smith...1 point vs 29. SMDH

RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17544

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
Put Manning in instead of Schaub...

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I'm guessing 2008 when Chad had an injured shoulder and quit on the team and no running game but put up 92 catches 904 yards and catching balls from a pathetic backup QB who had a porous O-Line isn't starting material.....
Again TJ seldom even sniffed a double team.

Teams doubled Chad, even that year. You also have to take into account that when we went 3 WR sets, TJ was in the slot facing the other teams #3 CB.

Would TJ have started in AZ with Boldin and Fitzgerald? No

TJ was a #3 on some teams, and a #2 on others. He was an average WR, who played across from a top notch WR.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Again TJ seldom even sniffed a double team.

Teams doubled Chad, even that year. You also have to take into account that when we went 3 WR sets, TJ was in the slot facing the other teams #3 CB.

Would TJ have started in AZ with Boldin and Fitzgerald? No

TJ was a #3 on some teams, and a #2 on others. He was an average WR, who played across from a top notch WR.
You could say the same thing about Boldin. He's a slower WR(ran a high 4.6/low 4.7 I believe), yet he put up amazing numbers starting opposite Fitz. When he got to Balt as a #1 though, he kinda fell off, but is still a threat. Torrey Smith is helping his numbers, no doubt, but give him credit.

I said before the season that Sanu could be a Boldin-like receiver, and I stand by my assessment. He has the ability to be that #2 possession receiver. AJ can take the top off, so we really don't need two starters that can do that. Besides, I'd take a sure-handed guy that can get the tough yardage(also much more versitile) over a guy who may be a deep ball threat. Especially if Gruden really is wanting to implement a WC style offense.

Either way, I don't care where Sanu is on the depth chart, as long as he sees the field a lot.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17544

Quote:
Less than 10 YPC is bad.

VERY bad.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33034

Quote:
If chad had come to Camp in Shape or Camp at all for that matter.

Or stayed in shape during to offseason he probly would not have suffered from that shoulder injury and would have been able to help out the struggling backup more.

Chad was about Chad and not the team winning which is why he was gone. Cant deny his talent but his heart definately disappeared.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5251

Quote:
lol I know 2 other people who had Blackmon on their bench, one guy woke up late and had Hawkins (out) in a flex spot and Blackmon on his bench, he ended losing by 3 points, worst part is he would have only been out of a playoff spot by 1 game but now is likely cooked
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3302

Glad to see Sanu starting. So far, what I have seen, he is pretty damn impressive.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:27 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 146

Fantasy football talk.. i might start both green and Sanu.. i have Dalton at qb.. Not sure but they will force the ball to AJ and i believe sanu will pick up many plays due to AJ being across the field...idk tho.. i have Boldin in right now, may play both green and Sanu tho..
Old 11-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
You could say the same thing about Boldin. He's a slower WR(ran a high 4.6/low 4.7 I believe), yet he put up amazing numbers starting opposite Fitz. When he got to Balt as a #1 though, he kinda fell off, but is still a threat. Torrey Smith is helping his numbers, no doubt, but give him credit.

I said before the season that Sanu could be a Boldin-like receiver, and I stand by my assessment. He has the ability to be that #2 possession receiver. AJ can take the top off, so we really don't need two starters that can do that. Besides, I'd take a sure-handed guy that can get the tough yardage(also much more versitile) over a guy who may be a deep ball threat. Especially if Gruden really is wanting to implement a WC style offense.

Either way, I don't care where Sanu is on the depth chart, as long as he sees the field a lot.
Dude, Boldin was a great WR before he Cardinals ever had Fitzgerald. Go back and look what he did as a rookie. He was a big time playmaker
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Good to see both Sanu and Marvin Jones active. Like last week, I think we will miss Hawkins again. We were pretty poor on third down conversions, and there were situations where Hawkins could have helped against KC. Luckily we were playin a bad team.

And don't give me any crap about how we didn't miss him just because we won the game like some people tried to say last week.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Dude, Boldin was a great WR before he Cardinals ever had Fitzgerald. Go back and look what he did as a rookie. He was a big time playmaker
Durham is correct. Boldin was a badazz in AZ before Fitz (or Warner) ever came along.

He did well his first couple seasons in Baltimore as well, so it's not like he fell off the map.

I get what Shaolin is saying though.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-25-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 281

It's about time.