Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Game Day!!

Game Day!! A place to discuss the current games during the games themselves.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:28 PM
BengalTrucker's Avatar
BengalTrucker BengalTrucker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hiding in my bunker locked and loaded.
Posts: 7,320
Rep Points: 16671
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Sanu is not a starting caliber WR?


Hahahaha good night
I have to agree with him. Sanu is a very good possession WR, and should be the slot guy. That means he is a #3 WR, not one of the starting 2 WR. He is too slow.

Yes, I watched him today, and he is still to slow to get seperation, but has a great body and great hands, which helps him make up for the lack of speed and quickness.

He is TJ, all over again.

We need some better to be our #2 WR across from AJ Green.

We have the guy, if Marvin keeps him off Kickoffs kin Marvin Jones. Jones has the speed, quickness, and hands to be a pro-bowl quality WR, and should be across from AJ Green.

If both Marvin Jones and Sanu both continue to develop, we should have AJ Green as our #1, Marvin Jones as our #2, and Sanu as our #3 WR. We would then have one of the best, if not the best top 3 WR corps in the NFL.
__________________
"The Greatest Danger to American Freedom is a Government that Ignores the Constitution"
Thomas Jefferson

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Lawless_1's Avatar
Lawless_1 Lawless_1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
Posts: 8,050
Rep Points: 10554
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
I have to agree with him. Sanu is a very good possession WR, and should be the slot guy. That means he is a #3 WR, not one of the starting 2 WR. He is too slow.

Yes, I watched him today, and he is still to slow to get seperation, but has a great body and great hands, which helps him make up for the lack of speed and quickness.

He is TJ, all over again.

We need some better to be our #2 WR across from AJ Green.

We have the guy, if Marvin keeps him off Kickoffs kin Marvin Jones. Jones has the speed, quickness, and hands to be a pro-bowl quality WR, and should be across from AJ Green.

If both Marvin Jones and Sanu both continue to develop, we should have AJ Green as our #1, Marvin Jones as our #2, and Sanu as our #3 WR. We would then have one of the best, if not the best top 3 WR corps in the NFL.
So TJ was not starting quality?
__________________
"I don't care if it's rock, paper, scissors or a race to the car I do what I can to win" - Tyler Eifert

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
BengalTrucker's Avatar
BengalTrucker BengalTrucker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hiding in my bunker locked and loaded.
Posts: 7,320
Rep Points: 16671
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
So TJ was not starting quality?
TJ was OK, but not great. He did well, because of Chad and a good running game. What happened to him when he went to teams that did not have a above average #1 WR, or a running game? TJ's weakness stood out like a bright light in a pitch dark night.

TJ was an above average WR at best, and would have been a #3 WR on a few teams. A slot WR is not a starter.

I want this team to be better than that.

AJ Green has the ability to be the best WR in the NFL, and should have a #2 who also puts pressure on the other team.

M. Jones has the skills to do that, if developed, Sanu doesn't have the speed and quickness needed to be a top notch #2 WR.
__________________
"The Greatest Danger to American Freedom is a Government that Ignores the Constitution"
Thomas Jefferson

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,505
Rep Points: 45401
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
TJ was OK, but not great. He did well, because of Chad and a good running game. What happened to him when he went to teams that did not have a above average #1 WR, or a running game? TJ's weakness stood out like a bright light in a pitch dark night.

TJ was an above average WR at best, and would have been a #3 WR on a few teams. A slot WR is not a starter.

I want this team to be better than that.

AJ Green has the ability to be the best WR in the NFL, and should have a #2 who also puts pressure on the other team.

M. Jones has the skills to do that, if developed, Sanu doesn't have the speed and quickness needed to be a top notch #2 WR.

Despite how I felt about TJ's ego, etc. near the end of his time here, one thing that you cannot dispute is that he was one tough S.O.B. He held onto the ball and took some of the hardest hits that the NFL had to offer. I'd say he was starting quality, just not WR1, as he thought he was.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Lolli's Avatar
Lolli Lolli is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CTC
Posts: 9,698
Rep Points: 13539
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Despite how I felt about TJ's ego, etc. near the end of his time here, one thing that you cannot dispute is that he was one tough S.O.B. He held onto the ball and took some of the hardest hits that the NFL had to offer. I'd say he was starting quality, just not WR1, as he thought he was.
Could not agree more. He was a great possession guy, but also a product of having the defenses focused elsewhere. But we are all egocentric in our own way; that situation might be hard for most of us to admit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 PM
spinksjinx's Avatar
spinksjinx spinksjinx is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,092
Rep Points: 12921
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
TJ was OK, but not great. He did well, because of Chad and a good running game. What happened to him when he went to teams that did not have a above average #1 WR, or a running game? TJ's weakness stood out like a bright light in a pitch dark night.

TJ was an above average WR at best, and would have been a #3 WR on a few teams. A slot WR is not a starter.

I want this team to be better than that.

AJ Green has the ability to be the best WR in the NFL, and should have a #2 who also puts pressure on the other team.

M. Jones has the skills to do that, if developed, Sanu doesn't have the speed and quickness needed to be a top notch #2 WR.
I'm guessing 2008 when Chad had an injured shoulder and quit on the team and no running game but put up 92 catches 904 yards and catching balls from a pathetic backup QB who had a porous O-Line isn't starting material.....
__________________


RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florence
Posts: 4,174
Rep Points: 5251
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Picked up Sanu off the waiver wire and inserted him as a starter over Torrey Smith on a whim, last minute chickened out and started Torrey Smith


Sanu: 10 points

Smith: 1 point

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM
spinksjinx's Avatar
spinksjinx spinksjinx is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,092
Rep Points: 12921
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Picked up Sanu off the waiver wire and inserted him as a starter over Torrey Smith on a whim, last minute chickened out and started Torrey Smith


Sanu: 10 points

Smith: 1 point

I benched Justin Blackmon and started Bowe and Smith...1 point vs 29. SMDH
__________________


RUNNING TO THE JUNGLE '13
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Truck_1_0_1_'s Avatar
Truck_1_0_1_ Truck_1_0_1_ is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,483
Rep Points: 17544
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
I benched Justin Blackmon and started Bowe and Smith...1 point vs 29. SMDH
Put Manning in instead of Schaub...
__________________


Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 PM
BengalTrucker's Avatar
BengalTrucker BengalTrucker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hiding in my bunker locked and loaded.
Posts: 7,320
Rep Points: 16671
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
I'm guessing 2008 when Chad had an injured shoulder and quit on the team and no running game but put up 92 catches 904 yards and catching balls from a pathetic backup QB who had a porous O-Line isn't starting material.....
Again TJ seldom even sniffed a double team.

Teams doubled Chad, even that year. You also have to take into account that when we went 3 WR sets, TJ was in the slot facing the other teams #3 CB.

Would TJ have started in AZ with Boldin and Fitzgerald? No

TJ was a #3 on some teams, and a #2 on others. He was an average WR, who played across from a top notch WR.
__________________
"The Greatest Danger to American Freedom is a Government that Ignores the Constitution"
Thomas Jefferson

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
shaolinghost shaolinghost is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,572
Rep Points: 4645
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
Again TJ seldom even sniffed a double team.

Teams doubled Chad, even that year. You also have to take into account that when we went 3 WR sets, TJ was in the slot facing the other teams #3 CB.

Would TJ have started in AZ with Boldin and Fitzgerald? No

TJ was a #3 on some teams, and a #2 on others. He was an average WR, who played across from a top notch WR.
You could say the same thing about Boldin. He's a slower WR(ran a high 4.6/low 4.7 I believe), yet he put up amazing numbers starting opposite Fitz. When he got to Balt as a #1 though, he kinda fell off, but is still a threat. Torrey Smith is helping his numbers, no doubt, but give him credit.

I said before the season that Sanu could be a Boldin-like receiver, and I stand by my assessment. He has the ability to be that #2 possession receiver. AJ can take the top off, so we really don't need two starters that can do that. Besides, I'd take a sure-handed guy that can get the tough yardage(also much more versitile) over a guy who may be a deep ball threat. Especially if Gruden really is wanting to implement a WC style offense.

Either way, I don't care where Sanu is on the depth chart, as long as he sees the field a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Truck_1_0_1_'s Avatar
Truck_1_0_1_ Truck_1_0_1_ is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,483
Rep Points: 17544
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
I'm guessing 2008 when Chad had an injured shoulder and quit on the team and no running game but put up 92 catches 904 yards and catching balls from a pathetic backup QB who had a porous O-Line isn't starting material.....
Less than 10 YPC is bad.

VERY bad.
__________________


Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 34,230
Rep Points: 33034
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
I'm guessing 2008 when Chad had an injured shoulder and quit on the team and no running game but put up 92 catches 904 yards and catching balls from a pathetic backup QB who had a porous O-Line isn't starting material.....
If chad had come to Camp in Shape or Camp at all for that matter.

Or stayed in shape during to offseason he probly would not have suffered from that shoulder injury and would have been able to help out the struggling backup more.

Chad was about Chad and not the team winning which is why he was gone. Cant deny his talent but his heart definately disappeared.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florence
Posts: 4,174
Rep Points: 5251
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post
I benched Justin Blackmon and started Bowe and Smith...1 point vs 29. SMDH
lol I know 2 other people who had Blackmon on their bench, one guy woke up late and had Hawkins (out) in a flex spot and Blackmon on his bench, he ended losing by 3 points, worst part is he would have only been out of a playoff spot by 1 game but now is likely cooked
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 AM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,945
Rep Points: 3302
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Glad to see Sanu starting. So far, what I have seen, he is pretty damn impressive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Sittin'N'Crittenden's Avatar
Sittin'N'Crittenden Sittin'N'Crittenden is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 125
Rep Points: 146
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Fantasy football talk.. i might start both green and Sanu.. i have Dalton at qb.. Not sure but they will force the ball to AJ and i believe sanu will pick up many plays due to AJ being across the field...idk tho.. i have Boldin in right now, may play both green and Sanu tho..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Bull Durham Bull Durham is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
You could say the same thing about Boldin. He's a slower WR(ran a high 4.6/low 4.7 I believe), yet he put up amazing numbers starting opposite Fitz. When he got to Balt as a #1 though, he kinda fell off, but is still a threat. Torrey Smith is helping his numbers, no doubt, but give him credit.

I said before the season that Sanu could be a Boldin-like receiver, and I stand by my assessment. He has the ability to be that #2 possession receiver. AJ can take the top off, so we really don't need two starters that can do that. Besides, I'd take a sure-handed guy that can get the tough yardage(also much more versitile) over a guy who may be a deep ball threat. Especially if Gruden really is wanting to implement a WC style offense.

Either way, I don't care where Sanu is on the depth chart, as long as he sees the field a lot.
Dude, Boldin was a great WR before he Cardinals ever had Fitzgerald. Go back and look what he did as a rookie. He was a big time playmaker
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Bull Durham Bull Durham is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Good to see both Sanu and Marvin Jones active. Like last week, I think we will miss Hawkins again. We were pretty poor on third down conversions, and there were situations where Hawkins could have helped against KC. Luckily we were playin a bad team.

And don't give me any crap about how we didn't miss him just because we won the game like some people tried to say last week.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,864
Rep Points: 29621
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Dude, Boldin was a great WR before he Cardinals ever had Fitzgerald. Go back and look what he did as a rookie. He was a big time playmaker
Durham is correct. Boldin was a badazz in AZ before Fitz (or Warner) ever came along.

He did well his first couple seasons in Baltimore as well, so it's not like he fell off the map.

I get what Shaolin is saying though.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-25-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:51 PM
MasonBengalFan's Avatar
MasonBengalFan MasonBengalFan is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mason Co. Ky.
Posts: 136
Rep Points: 281
Default Re: Mohamed Sanu starting at #2 today!

It's about time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.