Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:59 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30544
Default Hail to the King Baby.....

The new Duke Nukem game is pretty good.

I hadnt picked it up till just recently because i heard a lot of bad about it but it is pretty good and definately worth the price you can get it for now..

Duke Nukem Forever.....

Come Get Some....

Writting on the white board was hard and the pinball game is a little rough... but everything else is classic duke.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: Hail to the King Baby.....

Interesting.. I didn't know they still made those. Is it exclusively for PC ?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Interesting.. I didn't know they still made those. Is it exclusively for PC ?
No grabbed it new for the Xbox 360 for 8$...

This was the Duke game that was in production for nearly 20 years.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19862

024, Your taste in video games must be horrible. The new Duke Nukem game is easily the worst game I've bought for the 360. I own almost one hundred, yet that is the only one that I played and immediately took back.

Horbs.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
024, Your taste in video games must be horrible. The new Duke Nukem game is easily the worst game I've bought for the 360. I own almost one hundred, yet that is the only one that I played and immediately took back.

Horbs.
Stop menacing the people of this board Cupcakes.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:41 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
Stop menacing the people of this board Cupcakes.
Look brah. If I don't razz my Bengals Board buds, I'm going to end up beating my wife. I have to release this tension somehow, and getting naked at hotels and rubbing my junk on windows so the whole parking lot can see just isn't my thing.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Horbs.
For 60 i might have done the Same... For 6.29 Its a great game....

The biggest knock i have heard about Duke nukem is its not call of Duty. Well no **** its Duke Nukem

Hes Cheesy Corny and Horny and they stay true to the classic duke games.

I cant help you appreciate the classics or make you realize that CoD is so Simple 4 year olds can be successful at it. Just keep giving activision your money and ill send mine to where i like.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
For 60 i might have done the Same... For 6.29 Its a great game....

The biggest knock i have heard about Duke nukem is its not call of Duty. Well no **** its Duke Nukem

Hes Cheesy Corny and Horny and they stay true to the classic duke games.

I cant help you appreciate the classics or make you realize that CoD is so Simple 4 year olds can be successful at it. Just keep giving activision your money and ill send mine to where i like.
JC likes halo, not COD,

Yes I'm his spokesperson. He does dirty things in return.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
JC likes halo, not COD,

Yes I'm his spokesperson. He does dirty things in return.
Thank you, sir. I don't want these people thinking I'm a CoD fan. It's booty. I like all games....just not ****ty ones like CoD or Duke freakin' Nukem.

And I told you to keep those dirty things to yourself. I don't want everyone knowing that I help you put the ball gag in neeks mouth before you rail him.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Thank you, sir. I don't want these people thinking I'm a CoD fan. It's booty. I like all games....just not ****ty ones like CoD or Duke freakin' Nukem.

And I told you to keep those dirty things to yourself. I don't want everyone knowing that I help you put the ball gag in neeks mouth before you rail him.
Halo is definately Far superior to the Duke Nukem Game.....

All i was saying with this thread was Duke Nukem Forever stayed true to the orginal as far as content.

And for the current price of 6$ used or 8$ new its well worth the price. Ive paid more for worse.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22666

Sounds like JC is having a flare up issue...
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

Muahahah..neek's my beyotch.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 31089

Quote:
CoD or Duke freakin' Nukem.
Pretty clear you didn't play a CoD game before modern warfare or the Original duke nukem games then. Both were very important for their time.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16372

Quote:

I hadnt picked it up till just recently because i heard a lot of bad about it but it is pretty good and definately worth the price you can get it for now..

Duke Nukem Forever.....

Come Get Some....

Writting on the white board was hard and the pinball game is a little rough... but everything else is classic duke.
You're-a, heh, a year and a half late, 024 lol.

And yes, people who aren't Duke fans (it seems) hate the game, whereas Duke fans love the game and not the gameplay, or just love everything about it (me).

And yeah, Johnny, Duke3D is absolutely awesome; when accounting for the time it came out plus fun factor, it absolutely ***** on Halo or CoD.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post

And yes, people who aren't Duke fans (it seems) hate the game, whereas Duke fans love the game and not the gameplay, or just love everything about it (me).

And yeah, Johnny, Duke3D is absolutely awesome; when accounting for the time it came out plus fun factor, it absolutely ***** on Halo or CoD.
Yep love it...

Duke nukem 3d i just learned a new trick in the other day... My friend and i boosted the rank kills for XBLA (because not a soul was playing)

He shrunk me and i used a jet pack it was probly the funniest thing ive ever seen. (him looking for me so he could step on me)

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Yep love it...

Duke nukem 3d i just learned a new trick in the other day... My friend and i boosted the rank kills for XBLA (because not a soul was playing)

He shrunk me and i used a jet pack it was probly the funniest thing ive ever seen. (him looking for me so he could step on me)

THe joys of multiplayer!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-20-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

THe joys of multiplayer!
Havent tried DNF multiplayer yet doubt many people are playing with Halo4 and Black Cops 2.... But the Your Digs Section is pretty awesome even with just the sluttly maid walking around.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-20-2012, 11:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Halo is definately Far superior to the Duke Nukem Game.....

All i was saying with this thread was Duke Nukem Forever stayed true to the orginal as far as content.

And for the current price of 6$ used or 8$ new its well worth the price. Ive paid more for worse.
Well, for 6 bucks, I'd play any game. I just didn't like it for the cash that I paid for it back around the time it was released. For what it's worth, I didn't play all that much of it before I decided it wasn't my bag. It could be good,...but not what I played of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Sounds like JC is having a flare up issue...
I ran out of body soap and tried to wash my balls with shampoo. It burned. Never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noob Avenger View Post
Pretty clear you didn't play a CoD game before modern warfare or the Original duke nukem games then. Both were very important for their time.
How is that so clear? The last good CoD was Modern Warfare 2 and after that they've all blown. The campaign is still good, but I don't like shelling out 60 bucks for 5 hours of gameplay. Those games are all about the multiplayer,...and it's gotten progressively worse. As for Duke Nukem, it was good before they released one on the 360. Meh. Really, I'm not sure how me disliking these games means that I didn't play their predecessors......

Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4697

Quote:

Duke Nukem Forever.....

Come Get Some....

Got it for 6 bucks used and was worth every penty!! Loved it...For laughs try grabbing a turd out of the toilet!!

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:06 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28375

Quote:

Duke Nukem Forever.....

Come Get Some....

I completely and totally disagree. This game ******. I have been a devoted Duke follower for years. On and off over the years I posted on the 3DRealms forums and someone offsite duke forums. I followed it through the years is all I'm saying. I still play Duke3D on my PC to this day, and it is one of the all time greatest video games. For the time is was hands down the most innovative game in the FPS market, not in terms of technoogy but just pure gaming experience. DNF is a disgusting and pitiful namesdake to Duke3D.

My hope is that Gearbox (the CEO of Gearbox was one of the original developers of Duke3D) takes the IP forward and makes a proper Duke sequel and not just settle for the 15 year crap fest that they finished for 3Drealms.

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:18 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

I find it difficult to compare Duke3D to original Halo or CoD. Firstly there are years between Duke3D and Halo or CoD. Gaming evolves rapidly. To say Duke3D cannot hold a candle to Halo or CoD is just plain ignorant. There's 5 years between Duke3D and Halo. And 5 years is a lifetime in game development. That's like saying my Droid is far superior to an old rotary phone. They just aren't comparable.

Duke3D innovated multitudes of creative uses of terrain, fantastic level design, original weapons, had a cool story (unheard of in FPS gaming in 1996). Explodable walls, jet pack, shrink ray, freeze ray, laser trip mines, expert use of 2D design limitations to give a 3D feel (manholes, under water areas, etc.).....none of this existed before Duke3D. Thus for a purest like me, the sequel was an astounding disappointment. And to be honest my expecatation were exceedingly low, but not low enough apparently.

Anyway, I'm hoping gearbox does a proper Duke-worthy sequel.

-Stewwy
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 AM
VIP Gold Member

Duke3D multiplayer fun.....

back in the day I used to play multiplayer alot and played with a friend who was in med school at the time. He almost never beat me, but he did get better over tiem which kept him coming back for more *snickers*.

Anyway, I loved using the freeze ray and laser trip minesi n creative ways with him.

Laser Trip Mines - There's a secret level in one ofthe Duke episodes that has multiple man holes which create quick escape routes if you're on the run, need health or just respawned and need some weapons etc, but you're being chased. He used those against me often, so took to the habit of grabbing a jet pack and some Laser Trip mines and lining the inside of the manholes with LTM's. Then i would sit back - taunt him a bit in text, and go looking for him but not try to kill him. He'd go through the manholes and BOOM. he would do much cursing....me much laughing. Other times I would just sit back in a safe place and wait for the BooM! lol

Freeze Ray - One of the worst things I ever did to him was come up behind him and I froze him. Now you can finish them off but kicked them and shattering them.....but I didn't. When someone is about to thaw they start to drip, so I wouild let him start to thaw and freeze him again from behind. I did this literally for 5 minutes.....thaw/freeze/thaw/freeze.....for 5 minutes. He quit playing with me after that *sadface*, but rarely have I ever made myself that sick laughing.

-Stewwy
Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
Duke3D multiplayer fun.....

back in the day I used to play multiplayer alot and played with a friend who was in med school at the time. He almost never beat me, but he did get better over tiem which kept him coming back for more *snickers*.

Anyway, I loved using the freeze ray and laser trip minesi n creative ways with him.

Laser Trip Mines - There's a secret level in one ofthe Duke episodes that has multiple man holes which create quick escape routes if you're on the run, need health or just respawned and need some weapons etc, but you're being chased. He used those against me often, so took to the habit of grabbing a jet pack and some Laser Trip mines and lining the inside of the manholes with LTM's. Then i would sit back - taunt him a bit in text, and go looking for him but not try to kill him. He'd go through the manholes and BOOM. he would do much cursing....me much laughing. Other times I would just sit back in a safe place and wait for the BooM! lol

Freeze Ray - One of the worst things I ever did to him was come up behind him and I froze him. Now you can finish them off but kicked them and shattering them.....but I didn't. When someone is about to thaw they start to drip, so I wouild let him start to thaw and freeze him again from behind. I did this literally for 5 minutes.....thaw/freeze/thaw/freeze.....for 5 minutes. He quit playing with me after that *sadface*, but rarely have I ever made myself that sick laughing.
lol my buddy and i palyed that map not long ago.... The freeze ray then the kick is pretty nice. And i like how they handled that gun in the new game. Loved the Shrinked gun as well. (and jet packing while shrunk)

But one of my favorite things to do was to drop a pipe bomb near a weapon pickup and just wait (from a high area and blow my buddy up as he tried to get a weapon)_

The only thing that really compared to the fun of some of the duke nukem weapons was the lightening gun in quake.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-30-2012, 10:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
I find it difficult to compare Duke3D to original Halo or CoD. Firstly there are years between Duke3D and Halo or CoD. Gaming evolves rapidly. To say Duke3D cannot hold a candle to Halo or CoD is just plain ignorant. There's 5 years between Duke3D and Halo. And 5 years is a lifetime in game development. That's like saying my Droid is far superior to an old rotary phone. They just aren't comparable.

Duke3D innovated multitudes of creative uses of terrain, fantastic level design, original weapons, had a cool story (unheard of in FPS gaming in 1996). Explodable walls, jet pack, shrink ray, freeze ray, laser trip mines, expert use of 2D design limitations to give a 3D feel (manholes, under water areas, etc.).....none of this existed before Duke3D. Thus for a purest like me, the sequel was an astounding disappointment. And to be honest my expecatation were exceedingly low, but not low enough apparently.

Anyway, I'm hoping gearbox does a proper Duke-worthy sequel.
Not ignorant at all; of course I'm relating it to the times and gen.

Duke3D was the master of its time; Halo and CoD as well.

Duke innovated and did amazing things in the genre, Halo and CoD innovated nothing.

Don't tell me about comparing videogames lol; 157 published reviews that get dozens of hits a day, every day.

A ton of my early reviews were criticised because I was giving Genesis games 10s (rounded), and people were all, "how can you give an old game a score that high, when there are a ton of better ones that came after it?"

CHILD PLEASE

Last edited by Truck_1_0_1_; 11-30-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:04 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Not ignorant at all; of course I'm relating it to the times and gen.

Duke3D was the master of its time; Halo and CoD as well.

Duke innovated and did amazing things in the genre, Halo and CoD innovated nothing.

Don't tell me about comparing videogames lol; 157 published reviews that get dozens of hits a day, every day.

A ton of my early reviews were criticised because I was giving Genesis games 10s (rounded), and people were all, "how can you give an old game a score that high, when there are a ton of better ones that came after it?"
I feel you.

Wolf 3d introduced us to a Genre
Doom/Doom 2 mastered that genre. (really even with all the games that have come out sense i still enjoy playing doom and doom 2 and they are still a challenge now almost 20 years later)

Duke 3d took on a humorous twist but was still a badass game. (and upgraded the genre with jet packs jumping ducking Looking up/down) **dont remember if Duke 3d came out before quake im pretty sure it did though**

Fast forward a bit. Halo was one of the First FPS that i can remember (could be wrong or missed something) that added the use of vechicals to the game and the whole campaign was pretty good.

COD i didnt see innovating anything except trying to capture a realistic view of the WW2 battle field with its weapons and aiming system. (although medal of honor had been doing it for a while even though slightly less realistic.)

Innovations to the genre sense have been mainly graphics and multiplayer game types.
The newer call of dutys best feature is zombies and thats just ripping off the Gears 2 Horde mode. (which halo also ripped off with firefight mode in ODST/Reach)

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry