Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 35
Default A.J. Green's 2013 Power Rankings

Coming into the season, A.J. Green was the only Bengal listed on the top 100 power rankings (if I remember correctly), listed at 77. Fans, at this point, where do you think A.J. will list on next years power ranking and what other Bengal or Bengals do you think will be on the list and where? Geno anyone? I think we'll see Dalton on the list as well if he keeps up the play as he has the past two weeks.

I can see Green in the top 10 easily if he keeps up his current pace. If somehow defenses find a way to slow him down the rest of the season, he'll still be top 20.

What do you guys think?

As always WHO DEY!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5765
Default Re: A.J. Green's 2013 Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebush08 View Post
Coming into the season, A.J. Green was the only Bengal listed on the top 100 power rankings (if I remember correctly). Fans, at this point, where do you think A.J. will list on next years power ranking and what other Bengal or Bengals do you think will be on the list and where? Geno anyone? I think we'll see Dalton on the list as well if he keeps up the play as he has the past two weeks.

I can see Green in the top 10 easily if he keeps up his current pace. If somehow defenses find a way to slow him down the rest of the season, he'll still be top 20.

What do you guys think?

As always WHO DEY!!!
Whose power rankings were they? I was pretty sure that Geno was in NFL.com's top 100 players.

AJ and Geno are the only 2 superstars the Bengals currently have. Andre Smith is having a very good year, but I don't think it warrants top 100 recognition.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Graduated Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey1302 View Post
Whose power rankings were they? I was pretty sure that Geno was in NFL.com's top 100 players.

AJ and Geno are the only 2 superstars the Bengals currently have. Andre Smith is having a very good year, but I don't think it warrants top 100 recognition.
The Power Rankings on NFL.com. I really don't think Geno was on there, but again, I could be mistaking. The way I remember, AJ was the only Bengal on there at 77.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5765

Quote:
The Power Rankings on NFL.com. I really don't think Geno was on there, but again, I could be mistaking. The way I remember, AJ was the only Bengal on there at 77.
You are correct. I just went back and looked. Some of their rankings puzzle me. How in the world was Ndamukong Suh ahead of guys like Von Miller, Patrick Peterson, Justin Tuck etc....
Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

top 15 this season i'd wager.

he's putting the offense on his back.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Graduated Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey1302 View Post
You are correct. I just went back and looked. Some of their rankings puzzle me. How in the world was Ndamukong Suh ahead of guys like Von Miller, Patrick Peterson, Justin Tuck etc....
Yeah I felt like it was a pretty bogus list myself, but I'm thinking it was a list generated by player's vote. I didn't go back and look, but I think Romo was on there and I figure if Romo can make the list, so can Dalton. Just thought it'd be interesting to see what everyone thought about where some of our players would end up.

Most of all, though, I wanted to see everyone's opinion of where A.J. might end up this year. After this year, I'd say he'll have a huge rise into the top ten (given that he plays at current pace). Who Dey!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31399

I think he's top 10, top 20 tops next year.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038

Quote:
Coming into the season, A.J. Green was the only Bengal listed on the top 100 power rankings (if I remember correctly), listed at 77. Fans, at this point, where do you think A.J. will list on next years power ranking and what other Bengal or Bengals do you think will be on the list and where? Geno anyone? I think we'll see Dalton on the list as well if he keeps up the play as he has the past two weeks.

What do you guys think?

As always WHO DEY!!!

I see you figured out how to make a thread...

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Old 11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 4

To put these player rankings in perspective, Tebow was ranked 95th on that list. Need I say more?

Here's a link to the list.
http://top100.nfl.com/tracker
Old 11-20-2012, 02:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 551

Yes A.J Green was rated 77th on the list which was very low considering that he had a rookie qb throwing him the ball. What surprised me the most when watching the top 100 on NFL Network was that Geno Adkins wasn't listed at all. (How in the world did they exclude Geno but Tim Tebow was on the list is beyond me.) At the end of this year I believe both A.J and Geno will be listed within the top 20.

It seems as if its just like the All Star voting in baseball where its based on name recognition mostly, and since we play in the smallest market in Cincinnati things like this are going to happen until a player makes a couple of pro bowls ( in Geno's case). The way things are going Geno might end up leading the team in sacks which for a DT is unheard of in the NFL. Don't be surprised if Geno ranks higher than A.J in the top 100 when the year is over.

WHODEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1223

I looked at the site. It says "according to NFL fans." That's all the explanation I need.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4645

If he beats Jerry Rice's consecutive TD record he should be top 15 without question. Geno should be on that list as well since he's having an All-Pro season. Dalton might crack 100 if he finishes strong.

I really like how this team is turning out, but wish Marvin would have been like this from week 1.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12577

Quote:

What do you guys think?

As always WHO DEY!!!
He has something like the 6th most fan votes for the pro bowl.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27537

if its just baised on the past year...

AJ should be pretty golden top 20.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry