Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-20-2012, 06:15 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Aaron Curry

He was released today, should we pick him up and give him a chance??? thoughts
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-20-2012, 06:36 PM
J24's Avatar
J24 J24 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Fredericksburg VA
Posts: 6,159
Rep Points: 5611
Default Re: Aaron Curry

would not mind giving him a look.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,478
Rep Points: 5224
Default Re: Aaron Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
He was released today, should we pick him up and give him a chance??? thoughts
Althletic guy who never put it together and can't cover. Now he is coming off a knee injury to boot. It's hard to say, but given our LB depth or lack of I can see the office bringing him in for a check out. Can he play worse than Lawson right now?

Now that I think about it, bringing him in would not be a bad idea. It would give the coaches a chance to evaluate hin before taking a risk on him in free agency next off season.

Last edited by Burma; 11-20-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-2012, 06:57 PM
austrianpine austrianpine is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: kettering, oh
Posts: 1,586
Rep Points: 1546
Default Re: Aaron Curry

I don't know. This is his 2nd or 3rd team, and he still can't get it done?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:14 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Aaron Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Althletic guy who never put it together and can't cover. Now he is coming off a knee injury to boot. It's hard to say, but given our LB depth or lack of I can see the office bringing him in for a check out. Can he play worse than Lawson right now?

Now that I think about it, bringing him in would not be a bad idea. It would give the coaches a chance to evaluate hin before taking a risk on him in free agency next off season.

He can't be no worse than Lawson and with his history he would he a low risk high reward player and if it don't work out just cut him.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:40 PM
AyyDee AyyDee is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 216
Rep Points: 76
Default Re: Aaron Curry

First, the knee may still be an issue. Second, let him clear the waiver wire before we do anything. He's owed $3.5 million next year. Third, he's a WLB.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,478
Rep Points: 5224
Default Re: Aaron Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyyDee View Post
First, the knee may still be an issue. Second, let him clear the waiver wire before we do anything. He's owed $3.5 million next year. Third, he's a WLB.
He restructured his contract for the raiders and is set to become a free agent. Supposedly also his coverage is so bad that he should be playing SAM
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 PM
goalpost goalpost is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 4,055
Rep Points: 3593
Default Re: Aaron Curry

Hard to believe he was the 4th overall pick in 2009. Two clubs have already given up on him.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Steeler Eater's Avatar
Steeler Eater Steeler Eater is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: I got this
Posts: 12,493
Rep Points: 18502
Default Re: Aaron Curry

Guy with an injury history who isn't good enough to warrant playing time and got cut from the Raiders who have given up 93 points over the last two games...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 PM
AyyDee AyyDee is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 216
Rep Points: 76
Default Re: Aaron Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
He restructured his contract for the raiders and is set to become a free agent. Supposedly also his coverage is so bad that he should be playing SAM
He restructured his contract to make $1.885 million signing bonus and $615,000 base this year. Year 2013- $500,000 roster bonus and $3 million salary. Years 2014-2016 were voidable. Curry was originally going to make $5.76 million this year before the restructure.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,478
Rep Points: 5224
Default Re: Aaron Curry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyyDee View Post
He restructured his contract to make $1.885 million signing bonus and $615,000 base this year. Year 2013- $500,000 roster bonus and $3 million salary. Years 2014-2016 were voidable. Curry was originally going to make $5.76 million this year before the restructure.
Ah, thanks for the breakdown.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 39,293
Rep Points: 51984
Default Re: Aaron Curry

It's unlikely that we'd sign him, but I wouldn't rule it out. Marvin was a big fan of his leading up to the 09 draft. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a Tuesday workout for us.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Nebraska football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-254
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.