Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367
Default Re: Your response to Carson Palmer Sunday?

He will get boo'd. I will cheer.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2992
Default Re: How will Carson be treated Sunday?

I dont care how people react. I just want the stadium to be ROCKING and for our defense to play as well if not better than they did against the NYG.

I hope we can keep our momentum we had these last few weeks and win!!

This is a weekend of rivalry's for me OSU vs. Michigan and Bengals vs. Palmer
Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
I plan on looking Palmer in the eye, and mouthing the words "I miss you, dog". Then when he goes to mouth the words right back to me, I'm gonna tell him I wasn't serious, and proceed to ignore him every time he tries to get my attention from there on out.
But what if he skips the "mouthing you back" part and goes right for the reach around.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354
Default Re: Palmer speaks on return to Cincinnati this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
PLEASE for the love of god end the Carson threads!!!
No!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6688

Dude is gone.....we dont need him, we dont miss him...Its like we traded a squirtgun for a brand new bicycle....we WON. But the way you left us.....like a chump...... We can finally feed this traitor his yearly ration of vitamin Turf and move on with our lives

Throw his way and feel the FULL NELSON SUCKAS!!

INTENSITY!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6688

Quote:
Originally Posted by morning star View Post
no!
yessss!!

Throw his way and feel the FULL NELSON SUCKAS!!

INTENSITY!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 769

he better be BOOOOOOOOOOOOO'ed out of the stadium

I wish him no harm but I will BOOOOOOO every time I hear his name

Old 11-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:
yessss!!
carson will always be in our hearts!!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23292
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

If I were there, I would cheer Carson for all he did for the Bengals, in taking against a tradition of losing, and in netting the Bengals a 1st and 2nd round pick on the way out.

No bad blood at all.

The Bengals should stomp a hole in the Raiders. The team and defense knows Palmer and his tendencies. Further the Bengals have Jackson on the sidelines who knows the Raiders inside and out. If this game isn't an all out route of the Raiders, then we will know the coaching staff didn't have them properly prepared for the game.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7177

Quote:
Originally Posted by neek View Post
But what if he skips the "mouthing you back" part and goes right for the reach around.

Then you will be probably be creeping in the background waiting for sloppy seconds.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32069

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
Palmer was the most hailed of all the QBs we ever had. Denying that removes intellect from this conversation. He was the 'phenom'. The Golden Boy. Hell, even after a significant arm injury he still has one of the best cannons in Football. I blame the fans ultimately for what happened. I mean, they boo'd him when he surpassed his 20k yard milestone. WHY!? That's ridiculous! He will get boo'd again, unfortunately. If I was there, I'd cheer for him. I will always hold a special place in my heart for Carson. Because for the longest time, we lost the meaning of 'winning'....and because of Carson, we got it back. People lose sight of that.
Apparently, quite a few people remember our turnaround differently than I do. I remember going 2-14 in 2002, hiring some guy named Marvin Lewis, then the next season we went 8-8 with Jon Kitna at QB. The turnaround had WAY more to do with Marvin than Carson. In fact, Marvin has a better record without Carson than with him. He also made the playoffs in his first year without Carson.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 109971

Quote:
PLEASE for the love of god end the Carson threads!!!
I am hopeful this weekend's game brings some closure, but I understand all the attention it's getting. There's been about 18 months of buildup to this game. I'm eager to put Carson Palmer in our rear view mirror, though....after Atkins & company put in in the turf....repeatedly.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Then you will be probably be creeping in the background waiting for sloppy seconds.

No, Carson would be getting MY sloppy seconds. Me and Mr. Cupcakes go way back.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Why the hate for CP9? He was the best QB this team had in a LONG time. The man should be applauded..
You still in rehab?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergonnachange View Post
Yeah, it has to be all Palmer's fault and not the Bengals absolute joke of a front office.
I have yet to see the front office throw a pick 6, oh wait, in a round about way I guess they did, by signing his sorry azz.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 40

I believe Dre will get his first pick 6 sunday. That is if he plays.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
I have yet to see the front office throw a pick 6, oh wait, in a round about way I guess they did, by signing his sorry azz.
The Bengals have been mostly bad to mediocre for the 20+ years that Mike Brown has run the team so yeah, I'm laying most of the blame for the team's failings at the Front Office's collective feet.

Then again, I tend to use my brain and not get hurt feelings when a guy I don't even know decides he doesn't want to play for the team I root for. Especially when his hissy fit actually benefits the team I root for. I hope more over-the-hill Bengal players demand trades that net multiple draft picks.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14134
Default Re: We better destroy the raiders !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
I find this hard to believe. Carson isn't a free agent until 2015..I think they draft some weapons and aquire a couple defensive studs. It doesn't matter whos at QB when your defense plays like Oakland's does. Mark it down buddy !
Thats my point. Its like when the reds signed Cordero for 48 million... We had way more holes than a closer. Carson can maybe still win but not with that team. They fired the guy that made the deal and the fans don't like him. Why not save 15 mill and start fresh..?

I would put money on it that unless he takes a huge pay cut, he won't be back in Oakland.

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-21-2012, 04:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581
Default Dline and fans needs to rattle Palmer.

I know they are writing this up like any other game. However it is not Palmer pulled a ****ty move and slapped the franchise in the face.

I know most of these guys don't know him and that is fine but they have to come out like they hate him. Be in his face all day and he will buckle. He always has since his knee injury.

I also think this will be a huge game for the fans to get involved get in Palmer's head and get him off his game. Jeer him boo him whatever you do just don't let him have a moment of mental rest.

I think these two things will work hugely in our favor. Palmer has shown he is incapable of stepping up once he is rattled. It is time to rattle him like a can of pennies rolling down a mountain.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3221
Default Re: Dline and fans needs to rattle Palmer.

Unfortunately, I expect Palmer to laugh at our half empty stadium.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 53184

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
Be in his face all day and he will buckle. He always has since his knee injury.

Palmer has shown he is incapable of stepping up once he is rattled.
I agree the fans need to make as much noise a possible to cause him problems, but Palmer does not rattle or buckle that easy.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
I agree the fans need to make as much noise a possible to cause him problems, but Palmer does not rattle or buckle that easy.
The Dline will make him fold like a house of cards if they are on him all day.

The fans could either give him strength or steal it from him that is iffy.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7177

I'm quite surprised this is the first Palmer thread this week.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5286

Carson did more to help the Bengals in his last few months on the team than he did in the prior 3 years

BTW what is on Carsons mind? what does he want to say but won't? very interesting

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...me-to-move-on/

Palmer still says “It was just time to move on”

More than 13 months after being traded from the Bengals to the Raiders, Carson Palmer still says the same thing about why his eight years in Cincinnati ended — it was time to move on.

• MP3s of Carson Palmer’s conference call: Part 1 | Part 2

When asked at what point in 2010 he had decided that his tenure with the team was done, Palmer said: ”Just a culmination of things. Some things that I had learned that ownership … just some things that built up over time and it was just time for a change.”

When pressed further to complete that thought, Palmer said that he wasn’t going to go into that.

Palmer has thrown for over 300 yards in three straight games for the first time in his career, but the Raiders are 3-7 coming into Sunday’s game. When Palmer has thrown for 300 yards or more, his teams are 5-21, including 4-13 when he was with the Bengals.

While he told Oakland reporters on Monday that he expected to be booed during Sunday’s game, he talked a little more during a 23-minute conference call with Cincinnati media about coming back here for the first time.

“I’m excited. One of my favorite stadiums to play in, great atmosphere, beautiful stadium obviously,” Palmer said. “Obviously with the past it adds a little bit on it. They need a win, we need a win, it’s a big game fro both sides. We are both kind of in a spot where we need to win out to keep hope alive and play our best football this last half of the year?”

Other highlights from the call:

On fan reaction: “I expect it to be loud and extremely electric. I’m not exactly expecting a welcome back. But I know it’s going to be loud, they always are extremely loud when the opposing offense is on the field and I’m sure it will be just a little bit louder with me out there.”

On what he misses about Cincinnati: “I had great neighbors. Lived in a great neighborhood. My wife had great friends on our street. Miss Zamp (Ken Zampese) my quarterbacks coach for all the time I was there. Great coaches like Pauly G and Zim and played with a bunch of great guys over the years. I miss the hunting, I love hunting and fishing the outdoors stuff. So, I miss all that. That’s for sure.”

Why do you think your differences with the Bengals were irreconcilable? “It was time. Anytime you are somewhere for five, six, seven, eight years, sometimes it is just time for a fresh start, a change, something new and that’s obviously what I thought and obviously the ownership there didn’t – until the last second.”

On the trade: “That whole thing happened so fast that you don;t have time to react or sit back and realize what happened. So I really haven’t looked back. I’ve been looking to the future and not even really had time to think back on all that.”

Do you think Mike Brown would have flinched eventually: “I have no idea. I have no idea and nobody will ever know and he’ll never say.”

Was the move better for personal or professional? “Really just professional. Like I said, it was time. It was definitely time to move on. I’m glad the way it worked out and I’m glad for the Bengals, I’m glad for the players and the fans. They’re a great team going on for the next 5-6-7-8-10-12 years, however many years. They’ve got a great young quarterback, a bunch of really good young players and still some really good veterans and they’re in a great place. I’m excited for the future of them.”

Are you better off now than two years ago here? “Yeah. My last year there was physically, mentally and — really, mentally just draining. That’s part of the reason it was just time.”

Have you been back to this area since then? “Not yet, not yet. No, this will be my first time back, but I hope to come back. I have some buddies out there in different parts of Ohio that I hunted and fished with and I hope to get back in the hunting season in the future because that’s definitely something I missed and some of those guys I missed, like old neighbors and just business relationships I have with people and game wardens I hunted with, just different people I met along the way.”

If a fan were to say to you “You quit on this team” what would be your reaction? “I wouldn’t agree with them. I came in right after the season and told Mr. Brown what my decision was. I disagree with that fan.”

What about teammates? “I obviously didn’t talk to any media guys, and you guys know that, but I knew with the decision that I made you guys would be asking guys on the team. As opposed to telling everybody and talking about it as soon as players get asked, have you talked to Carson? Have you talked to Carson? I didn’t want to put guys (in a situation) and create even more of a distraction than there already was. I didn’t talk a lot. I texted back and forth with a lot of guys and I saw a handful of guys in the offseason but I just tried not to talk about it and put anybody in a situation where they would then have to talk about it even more. I knew I was creating a big distraction.”

Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1791
Default Perspective - Carson; Remember....

Lots of hate for Palmer on these boards, I have no feeling one way or another to be honest. But I do remember how great it was when he was great. I remember 2-14 season in 2002, and then winning the AFC North 3 years later because of him and Marvin Lewis, and to this day I think we would have won the Superbowl if the Stoolers wouldn't have busted up his leg. Also, remember 2006 preseaon game again Green Bay when he came back and how exciting it was (it gave me goosebumps).

What happened with his wanting out and his eventual trade could be one of the best things that ever happened to the Bengals. Would any of you want him back if you could have him? Look at it like this; if you had a girlfriend (or boyfriend) that dumped you, and then you found the love of your life, would you hate that person or be really happy that what happened actually happened. We are so much better off now. But remember that it was great for a while and he brought lots of positives to Cincinnati.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b__rN...ure=plpp_video

I was told that practicing makes perfect, then I was told that no one is perfect, so I stopped practicing - Stephen Wright