Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 AM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,944
Rep Points: 3302
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:50 AM
BengaliJack's Avatar
BengaliJack BengaliJack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,512
Rep Points: 5017
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Hope doesnt shoot out the other leg before we can drill him.
__________________


COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Because the Steelers have thrown 2 TD's* all year to WR's not named Mike Wallace?


*includes Antonio Brown's fumble recovery for a TD against the Raiders
True but the Steelers offense is/was generating 21.7 points per game while the defense is giving up an average of 19 points per game. Slim margin, but it is still in favor of the offense. Now with Ben down, the average points per game are gong to drop and it really has nothing to do with the receivers, it's the QB.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
True but the Steelers offense is/was generating 21.7 points per game while the defense is giving up an average of 19 points per game. Slim margin, but it is still in favor of the offense. Now with Ben down, the average points per game are gong to drop and it really has nothing to do with the receivers, it's the QB.
21.7 ppg is still only good for 19th in the league. You guys were a mediocre team when it comes to putting points on the board even with Ben. Part of that is a run game that struggles to get tough yards and part of it is a lack of red zone threats in the passing game.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:06 PM
BengalsRocker's Avatar
BengalsRocker BengalsRocker is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,139
Rep Points: 9481
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

After signing he was asked if he was looking forward to being in the next Madden game.

Responding Plaxico tweets " madden not my thing. more into single shooter games".
__________________
"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 PM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,212
Rep Points: 2088
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
21.7 ppg is still only good for 19th in the league. You guys were a mediocre team when it comes to putting points on the board even with Ben. Part of that is a run game that struggles to get tough yards and part of it is a lack of red zone threats in the passing game.
22 points a game for a team with a different RB starting every week, a new offensive coordinator and a defense that isn't exactly a turnover machine aint bad at all. Considering the Steelers would never put up 50+ points on a team because they would quit passing it up by that much, I don't have any major concerns with the overall performance of the offense this season. The redzone has been all about Miller and the run game, outside the redzone Wallace and Brown are moving the chains with catch after catch.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 AM
BengalsRocker's Avatar
BengalsRocker BengalsRocker is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,139
Rep Points: 9481
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Plaxico say he's "Cocked & Loaded"

Big Ben says that sounds like the description of his past bathroom escapades.

__________________
"It's such a fine line between stupid and clever"

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:12 AM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
22 points a game for a team with a different RB starting every week, a new offensive coordinator and a defense that isn't exactly a turnover machine aint bad at all. Considering the Steelers would never put up 50+ points on a team because they would quit passing it up by that much, I don't have any major concerns with the overall performance of the offense this season. The redzone has been all about Miller and the run game, outside the redzone Wallace and Brown are moving the chains with catch after catch.
This is what I don't get with Burress. Between the 20's he stinks, where he excels at is in the red zone, but we have Heath, Rainey, and Redman to cover that, and even Wallace if he takes the lead out of his cleats so he can jump.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:32 AM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,212
Rep Points: 2088
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
This is what I don't get with Burress. Between the 20's he stinks, where he excels at is in the red zone, but we have Heath, Rainey, and Redman to cover that, and even Wallace if he takes the lead out of his cleats so he can jump.
It's not that we need a redzone threat as much as we only have 3 receivers on the roster, one who was on the practice squad just over a week ago.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-22-2012, 11:35 AM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 13,727
Rep Points: 15962
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
It's not that we need a redzone threat as much as we only have 3 receivers on the roster, one who was on the practice squad just over a week ago.
Best wide receiving "core" in teh worldzzzzzzz!!!!1!!1!


Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 PM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
It's not that we need a redzone threat as much as we only have 3 receivers on the roster, one who was on the practice squad just over a week ago.
Yeah, with Crotchery having multiple rib fractures, he is probably done for the season.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,284
Rep Points: 3192
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

So what happened to this depth i kept hearing about before the season started. looks to me there ready to pull everyone they can off the street instead of going with there " depth"
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:49 PM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
So what happened to this depth i kept hearing about before the season started. looks to me there ready to pull everyone they can off the street instead of going with there " depth"

Simple, they are hurt too.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:51 PM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,212
Rep Points: 2088
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
So what happened to this depth i kept hearing about before the season started. looks to me there ready to pull everyone they can off the street instead of going with there " depth"
If you're too stupid to realize we still have Miller, Wallace and Sanders despite all the injuries, then you don't deserve turkey. If you don't know that our 2nd and 3rd running backs have had 100 yard games already, then you don't deserve stuffing. If you don't know that our defense is ranked #1 overall despite all the injuries and missed game by key players on the defense, then you don't deserve to eat at all today. Don't worry. "There's always tomorrow" is the phrase Bengal fans have to live by anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:53 PM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,212
Rep Points: 2088
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Best wide receiving "core" in teh worldzzzzzzz!!!!1!!1!


Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Miller, Wallace and Sanders are better than the best passing attack the Bengals have to offer.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:54 PM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
If you're too stupid to realize we still have Miller, Wallace and Sanders despite all the injuries, then you don't deserve turkey. If you don't know that our 2nd and 3rd running backs have had 100 yard games already, then you don't deserve stuffing. If you don't know that our defense is ranked #1 overall despite all the injuries and missed game by key players on the defense, then you don't deserve to eat at all today. Don't worry. "There's always tomorrow" is the phrase Bengal fans have to live by anyway.
I thought the phrase they used was "Wait until next year"
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:54 PM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,212
Rep Points: 2088
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

For Bengal fans who still remember 05 like it was last week, they sure have a tough time understanding the concept of injuries.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:11 PM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
For Bengal fans who still remember 05 like it was last week, they sure have a tough time understanding the concept of injuries.
Isn't that every Bengals Fan?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
22 points a game for a team with a different RB starting every week, a new offensive coordinator and a defense that isn't exactly a turnover machine aint bad at all. Considering the Steelers would never put up 50+ points on a team because they would quit passing it up by that much, I don't have any major concerns with the overall performance of the offense this season. The redzone has been all about Miller and the run game, outside the redzone Wallace and Brown are moving the chains with catch after catch.
The Steelers don't put up 50 a game because they simply don't have enough talent on offense to do so. The only game so far this year you guys have broken 30 points is your loss to the Raiders.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 PM
browns town bengal's Avatar
browns town bengal browns town bengal is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: City of the Burning River
Posts: 9,431
Rep Points: 13380
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Actually it does since wallace has proven to be nothing this season.
He's proven to drop passes consistently
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:22 PM
silenetwolf silenetwolf is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,703
Rep Points: 1762
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
The Steelers don't put up 50 a game because they simply don't have enough talent on offense to do so. The only game so far this year you guys have broken 30 points is your loss to the Raiders.

BS The reason the steelers don't put up 50 plus points is because Tomlin is not a dbag that likes to run up the score, like a particular coach we all know.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
Miller, Wallace and Sanders are better than the best passing attack the Bengals have to offer.
Yards/Game

15.Bengals[352.8 yards/game]
17.Steelers[349.6 yards/game]

Passing Yards/Game

10.Bengals[249.6 yards/game]
13.Steelers[242.8 yards/game]

Points/Game

12.Bengals[24.8]
19.Steelers[21.7]

Receiving TD's

Bengals=21
Steelers=17

Players with multiple TD catches

Bengals=4
Steelers=2

As far as Miller,Wallace,and Sanders go,get real. Those three have combined for 120 catches for 1430 yards and 13 TD's. AJ Green,Jermaine Gresham,and our #3 WR Andrew Hawkins have combined for 141 catches for 1822 yards and 16 TD's. Advantage Bengals,all day,every day. If you thrown in Antonio Brown and Muhammed Sanu[who's only started the last two games and was inactive much of the year],it's still advantage Bengals,1947 yards to 1929 and 18 TD's to 14.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:28 PM
bishopbengals's Avatar
bishopbengals bishopbengals is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 607
Rep Points: 719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Yards/Game

15.Bengals[352.8 yards/game]
17.Steelers[349.6 yards/game]

Passing Yards/Game

10.Bengals[249.6 yards/game]
13.Steelers[242.8 yards/game]

Points/Game

12.Bengals[24.8]
19.Steelers[21.7]

Receiving TD's

Bengals=21
Steelers=17

Players with multiple TD catches

Bengals=4
Steelers=2

As far as Miller,Wallace,and Sanders go,get real. Those three have combined for 120 catches for 1430 yards and 13 TD's. AJ Green,Jermaine Gresham,and our #3 WR Andrew Hawkins have combined for 141 catches for 1822 yards and 16 TD's. Advantage Bengals,all day,every day. If you thrown in Antonio Brown and Muhammed Sanu[who's only started the last two games and was inactive much of the year],it's still advantage Bengals,1947 yards to 1929 and 18 TD's to 14.
I think he just brought it.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
BS The reason the steelers don't put up 50 plus points is because Tomlin is not a dbag that likes to run up the score, like a particular coach we all know.
What games have the Steelers been in a position to run up the score this year? Maybe the Washington game,but you guys still came out throwing the ball on 3 of 4 offensive plays during your 2nd to last drive of the 4th quarter. You threw 7 times during your 2nd to last drive of the Jets game when you scored a TD to go up 27-10,as well. The only time you guys take the air out of ball with a big lead is with less than 5 minutes remaining in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 13,727
Rep Points: 15962
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
Miller, Wallace and Sanders are better than the best passing attack the Bengals have to offer.
...and then you snapped out of your delusional haze...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.