Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21606
Default Re: Rank our greatest positions of need

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
1. RB - obvious

2. SS - obvious

3. DE - inconsistent play from MJ and Dunlap injured too often, behind them there isnt much to talk about.

4.OLB - Thomas Howard should be brought back, Burfict can take over the middle and that leaves the hole left by Manny and Moch.

5. WR - AJ is a beast at 1, Sanu has shown he is a player, Hawkins is a good player, after that we have nothing, Marvin Jones has done nothing yet so that #2 spot seems wide open. This need could move up if Marvin Jones doesn't show something this season.

6. CB - I like our depth here with Hall - Dre - Allen - Pacman - Then look mid to late round for a guy to come in and compete.

The rest is secondary to these needs.
Very good list here. I'd love to get a steal in round 2 or 3 for a game changer LB. I loved Thurman. A real shame he didn't pan out long term. He just had a nose for the ball.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7113

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
The #2 QB next season will be Zac Robinson and we will be in good shape.
I don't trust Zac Robinson as the back up.

This week in the NFL, Big Ben, Cutler, Alex Smith, & Gabbert were not playing. 4 starting QBs of 32. At least. Uncertain about Minnesota's QB.

There are only 16 games, and each is crucial.

I don't want an untested player to take the reigns.

WTS, I want a veteran QB. There should be about 10 free agent veterans after this season to choose from.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:22 PM

Rep Points: 0
bengals Re: Rank our greatest positions of need

1. Running Back- The most glaringly baron spot in the cupboard. Sure, Peerman or Herron could develop into a stud, but I don't see it.
2. Linebacker- The only guy I'm sold on here is Burfict. I'd say keep whoever the coaches deem to be the most valuable amongst Mauluga, Howard and Lawson. The 3rd starter should be a new, "impact player."
3. Safety- It's possible Clements and Crocker could have another decent year, or that Mays or Miles develops. I don't see either as a long term solution though, and think we need to upgrade here.

Round 1: Linebacker
Round 2A: Running Back
Round 2B: Safety
Round 3: Running Back

I say we draft 2 running backs because we can't afford to miss, or wait around. We definitely need at least 1 of the 2 to be rotating with Green Ellis, from day one!

Thoughts?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3891

As of today, I think the biggest position of need is a Center. Followed by RB, DL, and S.

My favorite Centers in this draft are Barrett Jones of Alabama and Khaled Holmes of USC. I feel Jones is the most versatile lineman to come out in a long time. He's played all positions thru out his college career and played them all at an extremely high level. Because of this he should be targeted in Round 1. Another center I like a lot is Braxton Cave from Notre Dame, but he can be had in Round 3 or lower.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Have we all forgotten how bad our MLB play has been? Rey stinks it up so badly he is being named worst MLB in the league in several publications. Do 3 games of average quality play suddenly make up for everything and we are all fine and dandy now? Burfict has expressed a preference for playing outside and the coaches have not mentioned moving him. (which could be to protect Rey's fragile ego and hopefully is not a tacit endorsement of Rey)
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 11-26-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Have we all forgotten how bad our MLB play has been? Rey stinks it up so badly he is being named worst MLB in the league in several publications. Do 3 games of average quality play suddenly make up for everything and we are all fine and dandy now? Burfict has expressed a preference for playing outside and the coaches have not mentioned moving him. (which could be to protect Rey's fragile ego and hopefully is kot a tacit endorsement of Rey)
If Rey finishes the season strong, you can cross MLB off your list.
They will sign him cheap and give him another go.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
If Rey finishes the season strong, you can cross MLB off your list.
They will sign him cheap and give him another go.
Bah, kick me right in the balls why dont ya. That is what I am worried about.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 11-26-2012, 01:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22351

Quote:
Bah, kick me right in the balls why dont ya. That is what I am worried about.
If he finishes 2012 strong and how he played in 2011, then I am not nearly that worried about MLB.

Of course, that is IF he finishes strong.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21606

Quote:
Have we all forgotten how bad our MLB play has been? Rey stinks it up so badly he is being named worst MLB in the league in several publications. Do 3 games of average quality play suddenly make up for everything and we are all fine and dandy now? Burfict has expressed a preference for playing outside and the coaches have not mentioned moving him. (which could be to protect Rey's fragile ego and hopefully is not a tacit endorsement of Rey)
I think Burflict is the answer to MLB. Guy just seems to always be around the ball. I'd draft OLB and make Rey the backup MLB and backup OLB. He's played both.