Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17926
Default Re: Perspective - Carson; Remember....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnglFn Forever View Post
Lots of hate for Palmer on these boards, I have no feeling one way or another to be honest. But I do remember how great it was when he was great. I remember 2-14 season in 2002, and then winning the AFC North 3 years later because of him and Marvin Lewis, and to this day I think we would have won the Superbowl if the Stoolers wouldn't have busted up his leg. Also, remember 2006 preseaon game again Green Bay when he came back and how exciting it was (it gave me goosebumps).

What happened with his wanting out and his eventual trade could be one of the best things that ever happened to the Bengals. Would any of you want him back if you could have him? Look at it like this; if you had a girlfriend (or boyfriend) that dumped you, and then you found the love of your life, would you hate that person or be really happy that what happened actually happened. We are so much better off now. But remember that it was great for a while and he brought lots of positives to Cincinnati.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b__rN...ure=plpp_video
Agree to all of that but that's not the point......... the point is that he took a big ol' **** on all of us fans, his teammates, his coaches, and the city.

He was great while he was here and he was very nice to me, but the fact of the matter is he bailed on us when we had built the franchise around him.

He quit on us when we depended on him and respectable people don't do that.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18047

Quote:
Lots of hate for Palmer on these boards, I have no feeling one way or another to be honest. But I do remember how great it was when he was great. I remember 2-14 season in 2002, and then winning the AFC North 3 years later because of him and Marvin Lewis, and to this day I think we would have won the Superbowl if the Stoolers wouldn't have busted up his leg. Also, remember 2006 preseaon game again Green Bay when he came back and how exciting it was (it gave me goosebumps).

What happened with his wanting out and his eventual trade could be one of the best things that ever happened to the Bengals. Would any of you want him back if you could have him? Look at it like this; if you had a girlfriend (or boyfriend) that dumped you, and then you found the love of your life, would you hate that person or be really happy that what happened actually happened. We are so much better off now. But remember that it was great for a while and he brought lots of positives to Cincinnati.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b__rN...ure=plpp_video

Man, I miss Pat Summerall. Can't hate on a dude whose nickname is Point After Touchdown (PAT).
Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2919
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

The boos are going to be so deafening the only person who won't hear them will be this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d-iGYfUR6I
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11108

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Agree to all of that but that's not the point......... the point is that he took a big ol' **** on all of us fans, his teammates, his coaches, and the city.

He was great while he was here and he was very nice to me, but the fact of the matter is he bailed on us when we had built the franchise around him.

The fans quit on him a long time before he quit on them.

Man, I swore I wouldn't get into another Carson Palmer debate, but some of your guy's posts are just insane and reek of butt-hurt.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
I didn't.

Man, could you imagine if it was #9 throwing to A.J.? AND this line? Absolute. ****ing. Destruction.

Chiefs game would have been 42-6.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
I didn't.

Man, could you imagine if it was #9 throwing to A.J.? AND this line? Absolute. ****ing. Destruction.

Chiefs game would have been 42-6.
WTF?

I think Andy is doing fine. After the losing streak this year Carson would have packed it in for the year. There would not be a 42-6.

Funny how history re writes itself
Old 11-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
WTF?
Don't get it twisted - I want Palmer to get butchered (aside from getting injured) Sunday.

But Palmer does have a better deep ball. I know I'm not the only one who saw at least two balls last week that would have been sixes if Andy hadn't misthrown them.

I LOVE Andy and, given the decision, would pick him over Palmer - but having that cannon would be sweet with the team we have now is all I'm trying to say.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17926

Quote:

Man, I swore I wouldn't get into another Carson Palmer debate, but some of your guy's posts are just insane and reek of butt-hurt.
You're going to get some ******** in every city, and they don't make justify quitting on those of us that put our trust and love in him and dumped millions of dollars into his pockets. Furthermore, after a decade of being a laughing being the laughing stock of football, Carson had to know what he was getting himself into and how starved the fans would be.

He shouldn't have signed if he wasn't ready for it.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.

Last edited by bradfritz21; 11-21-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11108

Quote:
You're going to get some ******** in every city, and they don't make justify quitting on those of us that put our trust and love in him and dumped millions of dollars into his pockets. Furthermore, after a decade of being a laughing being the laughing stock of football, Carson had to know what he was getting himself into and how starved the fans would be.

He shouldn't have signed if he wasn't ready for it.
******** in every city don't boo the face of their franchise when he reaches a milestone.

******** in every city don't insult their QB's wife and children in public.

I'm pretty sure Mike Brown dumped the millions of dollars into his pockets.

The man is human and the man is allowed to have limits.

He gave his body to the city (literally) and all the city gave him back was insane expectations and bitter resentment when he couldn't deliver.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2989

I liked Carson a lot, still do. I didn't like how he handled his exit here but I can't really hate him for it either. I believe the reason he left was because of the Cincy fans on how they were treating him...so I can understand a little bit. I'm over it though, it worked out for both parties I guess. I wonder how people here feel about Boomer? He's taken a lot of cheap shots at the Bengals organization over the years too.

Btw i don't believe in just because your a celebrity or make millions you deserve to be treated like crap by other people. No matter how much money i made i still would get upset if where ever i walked paparazzi slammed into me shooting pix, touching me, etc. I would get upset if fans insulted or threaten me or my family. I would get upset if they through trash in my lawn. Would i still accept this lifestyle in trade for the millions? Yes, but stupid fans and media need to take it easy once in a while.

Last edited by khamla; 11-21-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 124

Did the conference call w/ Palmer weird anyone else out??. .. I was LoL with the way he spoke.Tactful but in the end I still feel like it was BS. He wasn't telling anyone how he really felt in those situations.If it was how he says"time to move on" then he could at least speak freely about the whole thing. It was all "mental and not emotional", no wonder he was a fail leader.. He is too soft spoken. .. All n all Im thru it as a Bengals fan & I'm very proud of the talent we have now... Politically I havent wore my number 9 jersey since.. I believe its lost in the couch somewhere... or maybe in the laundry B/c i used it to clean up a spill my son made.. IDK but I'm sure the only thing he left us w/ ..Dre Kirkpatrick will make him pay this week.. If there is any justice left in the NFL GoDs

SO Happy ThanksGIVING all.. Mr.pick6 returns to PBS this sunday..
Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sittin'N'Crittenden View Post
Did the conference call w/ Palmer weird anyone else out??. .. I was LoL with the way he spoke.Tactful but in the end I still feel like it was BS. He wasn't telling anyone how he really felt in those situations.If it was how he says"time to move on" then he could at least speak freely about the whole thing. It was all "mental and not emotional", no wonder he was a fail leader.. He is too soft spoken. .. All n all Im thru it as a Bengals fan & I'm very proud of the talent we have now... Politically I havent wore my number 9 jersey since.. I believe its lost in the couch somewhere... or maybe in the laundry B/c i used it to clean up a spill my son made.. IDK but I'm sure the only thing he left us w/ ..Dre Kirkpatrick will make him pay this week.. If there is any justice left in the NFL GoDs

SO Happy ThanksGIVING all.. Mr.pick6 returns to PBS this sunday..
All athletes do this, they always give the politically correct answer to not **** anyone off. What did you expect? Like if someone asked you hey what do you think about Dennis Roland as a starting right tackle? You would say, the guy is huge and if he keeps training hard, the sky is the limit for him. When you know the real answer is, he's horrible and was overrated when Hobson called him the best technician of the team.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1073

Quote:

It's OK for a franchise to cut a player whenever they like even if they're under contract right? But when a player beats them to the punch he's a quitter? I didn't like the whole thing any more than the next guy, but at the end of the day, like everyone likes to say it is business. Just in this case it was Carsons rather than Browns. Do you throw this hate at MB when a player gets cut.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:13 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 646

Quote:
I quit on Carson only 2 years ago. He got TO, he had Chad, he could not play games without throwing pick 6s. I really thought that would be a special year, but Carson and the team disappointed on all levels. I can't blame Carson altogether, but I can say that he did not have the leadership qualities to make a team hum like it should.

That being said, I did not want to see him leave. He had plenty of opportunity to stay, but he didn't. He would have rather retired than to have stayed a Bengal. That is where my dislike for him comes from.

Bottom line, screw CP. He abandoned ship.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 274

Quote:
******** in every city don't boo the face of their franchise when he reaches a milestone.

******** in every city don't insult their QB's wife and children in public.

I'm pretty sure Mike Brown dumped the millions of dollars into his pockets.

The man is human and the man is allowed to have limits.

He gave his body to the city (literally) and all the city gave him back was insane expectations and bitter resentment when he couldn't deliver.
Butt hurt that he left? He quit on us PERIOD. You are getting paid millions of dollars to play professional football, go out and play, no one likes a quitter.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27339

I was a huge Carson fan. Who wasn't? His 2005 season was awesome. He fell off a bit in '06, then he was mediocre after that. I was ready for him to go after 2010. He started getting too streaky and always made at least a few throws per game that made you scratch your head. Even Raiders fans are saying that about him.

At first when he demanded the trade, I was happy he was sticking it to MB and I was also happy we would look for another QB. But part of me also feels he stuck it to Cincy and the fans. I never boo'd him and I certainly didn't throw trash on his lawn, so I think it's silly when people try to blame the fans. He got boo'd at 1 game and some idiot threw trash on his lawn. Who knows if that was even a Bengals fan?

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-22-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73249

The Bengals quit on Antonio Bryant when they cut him
Old 11-22-2012, 01:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8403

All i know is that Carson got me excited about this team again, after all those lost years. Im thankful for that, I cant find it in me to boo him or have ill will against him. By some weird twist of fate his departure left us off better than before. With that being said I hope we crush him Sunday.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2443

Frankly for this division I am glad the way things worked out. Carson is very unmobile. He is a sitting duck in the pocket and can not move-nor does he feel pressure very well. Andy still makes mistakes but here is promise there. Carson was only going to get worse with time.

Ian
Old 11-22-2012, 02:55 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1223

Quote:
Look at it like this; if you had a girlfriend (or boyfriend) that dumped you, and then you found the love of your life, would you hate that person or be really happy that what happened actually happened.
If my girlfriend walked out on me without giving me the respect of telling me why she was leaving, no matter what happens next in my life, the ***** is dead to me. We can debate why Carson left all we want but we still have not heard it out of his mouth. The guy doesn't respect us enough as fans to tell us why he wanted out. And let's be clear about something, Carson Palmer had far many more people who were fans than not. I would guess 98% of the city were fans of Carson Palmer.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 3136
Default Do you agree with T.J.?

T.J. says he hopes fans don't boo C.P. for this reason.

As T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Palmer's former teammate with the Bengals and Raiders, said Wednesday, "I hope they don't boo him, because they have no reason to. They hit the lottery. It worked out great for the Bengals. They got A.J. Green and Andy Dalton. They've got a chance to go to the playoffs every year. And they got those high draft picks. So, what are you mad at?"

I think T.J. makes good points here as fans should yell at him thanks for leaving now we can win , or how is that Raider gig working out for ya Carson?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--in...085824075.html

Last edited by TommyC; 11-22-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 17854
Default Re: Do you agree with T.J.?

I don't understand how people can feel as strongly about Mike Brown as they do and call Carson a quitter or bash him for leaving the team. Seems hypocritical to me.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
T.J. says he hopes fans don't boo C.P. for this reason.

As T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Palmer's former teammate with the Bengals and Raiders, said Wednesday, "I hope they don't boo him, because they have no reason to. They hit the lottery. It worked out great for the Bengals. They got A.J. Green and Andy Dalton. They've got a chance to go to the playoffs every year. And they got those high draft picks. So, what are you mad at?"

I think T.J. makes good points here as fans should yell at thanks for leaving now we can win , or how is that Raider gig working out for ya Carson?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--in...085824075.html
Not only do I disagree with TJ it wasn't about replacing them. It is the fact he signed a contract after so many things were done to make him happy. He quit on the team and the fans who didn't throw trash in his yard so he could run out to Cali and get a tan. He is a disenguine person, I just don't like things like that. What makes this even worse is I'm glad he and chad are gone and am stoked for Andy AJ and all the new additions to the team just makes me dislike him like how I dislike Tom Brady and all other AFCN teams.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treee View Post
I don't understand how people can feel as strongly about Mike Brown as they do and call Carson a quitter or bash him for leaving the team. Seems hypocritical to me.
Who likes mike brown?
Old 11-22-2012, 08:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2627

Nope.

Each NFL player is his own businessman and his own franchise. I'm not nearly as upset at Carson for leaving as I am that he never thanked the fans of Cincinnati for their support.

Extremely poor public relations with a "market" he just wrote off and abandoned. I think every fan who owns a Palmer jersey or who hated the Steelers for that late hit should be appalled that Carson didn't think enough of the Cincinnati fans to at least thank them for their support and explain that he just needed to move on. It was easier for the coward to just hunker down on the left coast and ignore them.

I hope he reaps what he sowed. Massive boo'ing.

TJ is right however, that we ended up better for his departure, but that certainly wasn't Carson's intent. And I'm a USC fan...