Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759
Default Re: Do you agree with T.J.?

I guess I just don't get the mentality of those that are still so ****** off at Carson.

The fact is that Carson was responsible for this franchise's turn around. In 2005, he was amongst the best QBs in the game. Elite. Without Carson, that team is average. That was a damned fun season to be a Bengals fan. Best season since the 80's. Thank Carson for that.

The team's second turnaround, Carson is also largely responsible for. He was Mike Brown's golden boy and the face of the franchise. His hard line forced Mike Brown to abandon the Carson/Chad model and start over. If Carson desn't make his demands, Andy Dalton is not your QB. We would be stuck with Carson's bloated salary and mediocre play...and I totally agree with OSU fan that Carson doesnt have the heart/stomach to win the big games and lead his team to a championship. Not sure if Dalton will ever be able to throw as pretty of a ball as Carson did, but his intangibles are clearly superior. So again, it's a good time to be a Bengals fan and that is due in large part to Carson's hard line with Mike Brown and the Bengals. It's a new era...and I am glad that Carson is not a part of it. So I say, thanks for the memories and draft picks, Carson.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You are right in that he would not win here because he does not have the heart to make a difference. A stark contrast to the young man at the helm now. You are right again in that he won't win where he is now either and for the same reasons.

People that use the "happy with Brown, .500, mediocrity, etc. argument are laughable. I support this team period. I will not hold the young players here and now responsible for the mistakes of the past.
Tell me when Andy Dalton wins something. I hope he does but so far he's had the same success that every Bengal QB has had for 20+ years.

Talk about the 'mistakes of the past' when something changes.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:12 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 54113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treee View Post
I can agree with this post. What Carson did in itself was not low character. However, how the face of a franchise for almost a decade just packed up and moved on without so much as a word of thanks to the fans, was pretty upsetting.
You mean the fans that booed him at home and threw trash in his yard and blamed him for every Bengal loss?

If you guys don't get a clue Andy will be trying to get out of here also.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25462
bengals Re: Do you agree with T.J.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Thats doesn't make sense, Mike Brown robbed fans and taxpayers for years, just because he has had some recent moderate success does not erase the years of torture
Taxpayers voting in favor does not equal robbery but nice try.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergonnachange View Post
Tell me when Andy Dalton wins something. I hope he does but so far he's had the same success that every Bengal QB has had for 20+ years.

Talk about the 'mistakes of the past' when something changes.
20+ years..blah, blah, blah.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treee View Post
I can agree with this post. What Carson did in itself was not low character. However, how the face of a franchise for almost a decade just packed up and moved on without so much as a word of thanks to the fans, was pretty upsetting.
When was the last time Mike Brown thanked you? What a bunch of Cry babies and a load of BS, it's a game, you owe them nothing and they owe you nothing.

He's finally shed a little light on why he left, and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

"I have seen guys, run into guys back in San Diego, talked, texted. I think that anybody that's ever played for that ownership knows what I was doing and why I was doing it." Palmer said.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367
Default Re: Dline and fans needs to rattle Palmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
I know they are writing this up like any other game. However it is not Palmer pulled a ****ty move and slapped the franchise in the face.

I know most of these guys don't know him and that is fine but they have to come out like they hate him. Be in his face all day and he will buckle. He always has since his knee injury.

I also think this will be a huge game for the fans to get involved get in Palmer's head and get him off his game. Jeer him boo him whatever you do just don't let him have a moment of mental rest.

I think these two things will work hugely in our favor. Palmer has shown he is incapable of stepping up once he is rattled. It is time to rattle him like a can of pennies rolling down a mountain.
I don't think Carson pulled a ****ty move. This isn't the first time someone has demanded a trade. People do it all the time. He clearly stated he had a problem with ownership and we as fans should be right there to understand where he was coming from. I have no problem with the guy but I sure would love to see a long day for him on Sunday.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:39 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 54113

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Taxpayers voting in favor does not equal robbery but nice try.
He lied to get them to vote that way. Not technically "robbery", but more like "theft by deceit".
Old 11-22-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M (the other one) View Post
When was the last time Mike Brown thanked you? What a bunch of Cry babies and a load of BS, it's a game, you owe them nothing and they owe you nothing.

He's finally shed a little light on why he left, and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

"I have seen guys, run into guys back in San Diego, talked, texted. I think that anybody that's ever played for that ownership knows what I was doing and why I was doing it." Palmer said.
Where you find that quote?

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-22-2012, 12:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Where you find that quote?
Part of that quote is in the link from my first post in this thread.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 464

i'd like to see him get a hand from the fans. he made us relevant again, don't like how things ended up but all pro sports **** like that. there are exceptions, but not often.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 464

i can't even say ****...that's ********
Old 11-22-2012, 01:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17807

I couldn't care less what he has to say
Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17807

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalpost View Post
I can boo him because he is on the other team. I hope he is sacked, sore and the losing QB Monday.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33777

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Part of that quote is in the link from my first post in this thread.
Interesting stuff. Sounds like it was a combination of things that led to his demand, but ultimately the blame (as always) falls mainly on Mike Brown. Honestly, I wouldn't have boo'd him in that game, but I can't believe he let it get under his skin so much. Fans tend to boo when things are going bad. That's any NFL city, not just here.

As for the upcoming Raiders game, I've changed my mind. No way in heck I would cheer for him, but I wouldn't boo him either. Hopefully this game brings closure to this whole mess, because we have a fine young QB in Andy Dalton that deserves our full support and I don't feel like he's getting it because too many people are still hung up on CP.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-22-2012, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 290

Personally, I have a problem with high paid athletes desiring long term contracts that pay them millions, and then a couple years into it...they decide not to honor the agreement!

To me, it's kind of like a "trust" issue. As a man, you are only as good as your word, your promise.

I have no respect for guys that break their word.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnvllbuck View Post
Personally, I have a problem with high paid athletes desiring long term contracts that pay them millions, and then a couple years into it...they decide not to honor the agreement!

To me, it's kind of like a "trust" issue. As a man, you are only as good as your word, your promise.

I have no respect for guys that break their word.
You probably will get the replies of well how is that different than a team cutting a player. Even though the guidelines for a player being cut from a team or traded are outlined in the CBA and agreed upon by the players which actually makes these events completely valid under contractual agreements.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 814

Personally I like how Palmer did it. IMHO it was the perfect slap in the face Mike Brown needed. And I havnt seen him undermining ML about personell since. I do agree it is a shame that the fans were caught in the middle.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25256

I don't agree with Houshmahzillie, and I could care less that he wants people to not boo Palmer. Anyone who thinks that the crowd will not be ruthlessly booing that man is in for a rude awakening. I could care less what we got in exchange for Palmer, it doesn't change the fact that the man *****....
Old 11-22-2012, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Well, the womanly part was just a tongue-in-cheek jab. That's why i put the ninja in there. It wasn't meant in a mean-spirited way. And between the two--apology and quitting-- Carson is way on the short end of the stick there.

I agree with what you're saying. There's no doubt at all that there were plenty of fans that were on his side, supporting him through thick and thin. I was right there up until he quit. I don't know what percentage of fan reaction helped his decision to leave. I do know that standing on the field with 60,000 fans booing an accomplishment-- essentially heaping all the displeasure on you-- leaves a lasting impression.

During the last hour i've decided to officially change my position on this, slightly. He probably should have, at some point, said something like "there are a lot of fans out there that supported me through all the tough times and for that i thank you", but he didn't so that probably speaks louder about his feelings than anything. But to me, any NFL player that works as hard as they do and sacrifices their body the way they do, doesn't "owe" anything to anyone. (that's obviously directed at anyone that feels they are owed something)

Fans choose to support and spend their money. Then they're free to express their feelings on that investment. That's where it stops. But a "nice gesture"? Sure, i agree with that completely.
Was he sacrificing his body and working his butt off? Yes. Was he getting paid millions of dollars to do it? Oh yeah. They are being paid to do a job, so forgive me for thinking he should owe the fans something. Like an explanation or apology. It's like with Twinkies going out of business, how would you feel if they didn't even tell you why? At least if you have a definitive explanation it gives you a bit of closure. Right now all we have is speculation as to why he left. Was it us? Was it management? A combination of both?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-22-2012, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1132
Default Re: Dline and fans needs to rattle Palmer.

He won't get rattled. If his guys go where they are supposed to go he will be like he is.

Just need to make plays on his balls and make the window smaller

His TE has been his guy so we will see how we do on him I guess

Trust canít live in the same space as secrets and lies.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:57 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Fans booed loudly when Carson passed the 20,000 yard milestone, threw trash in his yard and had words with his wife in public. How many other instances haven't been reported?

The three previously noted instances would be enough for me to say "eff you" to fans if i worked hard and sacrificed my body to make the team better but didn't feel the organization was doing enough.

I'm not a fan of the dude anymore because, as someone who supported him and wanted him around, it ****** me off when he just quit. I can only imagine how players who stuck it out feel about him. But the thought that he "owes the fans an apology" makes me LOL.

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/articl...er-4058764.php
Here's your apology and some advice from your coach.

"I'm glad the way it worked out and I'm glad for the Bengals," Palmer said. "I'm glad for the players and the fans. They're a great team going on the next 5-12 years. They've got a great young quarterback and they're in a great place."

Lewis thinks, or maybe just hopes, that some Bengals fans will applaud for Palmer.
"Carson did a lot for this organization and city and he won two division championships when he was here, and that's huge, so I think it'll be somewhat mixed," he said. "People always get their feelings hurt, and unfortunately this is professional sports and sometimes things happen like that."
That's like saying it's ok to hate all Christians because of how horrible the westboro Baptist church is. Not everyone threw trash on his lawn, or booed him at that game. And honestly, people were more upset that we were blowing the game than with his personal achievement.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
Grateful? C'mon man.

It's not like Carson decided to come here and be our savior.

He was drafted. We were not chosen by him.

If he sukked from the beginning he would have been benched and we would have been looking for someone else.

Like many on here have said. It's a business. Carson was the product.

Carson just decided he'd pull himself from the shelf.

That's okay. There were enough fans that felt his value was on the decline here anyway.

Look ahead people. Carson is no longer a product of Cincy. He made sure of that.

Hopefully we can field a complete team in the near future and make some playoff noise or perhaps a SB appearance.

Not like the CP9 era teams that would occasionaly have an above .500 season and get bumped out in the 1st round. Maybe we can have the D this era to go with the likes of Dalton/Green and company.
Rep to you my friend

Trust canít live in the same space as secrets and lies.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6027

I have no ill will towards palmer, i do not blame him in the least bit,,when you figure out how things are run in cincy why on earth would you want to stay and waste your career here?
Old 11-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6027

some of you fans are selfish.

Ill explain.

Put yourselves in his shoes.

You are a heisman trophy winner,,,a top draft pick,,you pulled out 3 great seasons in the NFL,,,,HOWEVER,,,your stuck with diva "me first" attitude players,,,a dumb coach,,,and a dumber owner,,,a lousy defense,,,and your oline has regressed for several seasons leading you to multiple injuries.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO STAY???????

You are selfish cause you wanted him to stay,,,but what would you have thought/done in his shoes? Would you have stayed KNOWING nothing will change,,,risking further injuries and nothing to show for it? If you would,,,your a moron.