Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2012, 01:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26714
bengals Re: Do you agree with T.J.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
T.J. says he hopes fans don't boo C.P. for this reason.

As T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Palmer's former teammate with the Bengals and Raiders, said Wednesday, "I hope they don't boo him, because they have no reason to. They hit the lottery. It worked out great for the Bengals. They got A.J. Green and Andy Dalton. They've got a chance to go to the playoffs every year. And they got those high draft picks. So, what are you mad at?"

I think T.J. makes good points here as fans should yell at him thanks for leaving now we can win , or how is that Raider gig working out for ya Carson?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--in...085824075.html

Yeah, i agree with him.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

bengals Re: Dline and fans needs to rattle Palmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
I know they are writing this up like any other game. However it is not Palmer pulled a ****ty move and slapped the franchise in the face.

I know most of these guys don't know him and that is fine but they have to come out like they hate him. Be in his face all day and he will buckle. He always has since his knee injury.

I also think this will be a huge game for the fans to get involved get in Palmer's head and get him off his game. Jeer him boo him whatever you do just don't let him have a moment of mental rest.

I think these two things will work hugely in our favor. Palmer has shown he is incapable of stepping up once he is rattled. It is time to rattle him like a can of pennies rolling down a mountain.

Gotta be loud no doubt.

Once he gets hit a couple times by Atkins he will get rattled i am sure of it.

Carson can throw off of his back foot though as he did in that Giants game back in 08' i think it was.

We will see but if i were in Cincy and had money i would be there screaming at the top of my lungs
for this Defense. They have been playing lights out lately and if we are going to push for the Playoffs
we will need the fans in the stadium.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:32 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40256
Default Re: Do you agree with T.J.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
some of you fans are selfish.

Ill explain.

Put yourselves in his shoes.

You are a heisman trophy winner,,,a top draft pick,,you pulled out 3 great seasons in the NFL,,,,HOWEVER,,,your stuck with diva "me first" attitude players,,,a dumb coach,,,and a dumber owner,,,a lousy defense,,,and your oline has regressed for several seasons leading you to multiple injuries.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO STAY???????

You are selfish cause you wanted him to stay,,,but what would you have thought/done in his shoes? Would you have stayed KNOWING nothing will change,,,risking further injuries and nothing to show for it? If you would,,,your a moron.
So.... doesn't his leaving make him selfish?
Old 11-22-2012, 01:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

bengals Re: Do you agree with T.J.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
So.... doesn't his leaving make him selfish?

Everyone is selfish to some extent.

I really cannot blame him though and it worked out well for us so i am happy.

Our fans just need to be loud when he is out there.

I remember in that Vikings game a couple years back where Carson was taken out of the game by the Vike fans.

That is what we need to do to him.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treee View Post
I don't understand how people can feel as strongly about Mike Brown as they do and call Carson a quitter or bash him for leaving the team. Seems hypocritical to me.
Because it's against the proper rules of this sport. He's not the only player who played in a middle low franchise in NFL and they don't all quit on their team and taking in hostage . Mike Brown or not.

It's the same problem with Eli Manning refusing to play for the Chargers. That's not the rules of this game.

Period.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
You don't think some of this stuff happens to other up and down QBs?

I bet Phillip Rivers begs to differ.

Plus you are talking about some fans. Not all fans.

As time would tell yardage stats don't make the champion. That milestone was just that. A personal achievement.

Faulk I'm not trying to downplay his contributions. It's just normal for some fans to not acknowledge(and yes boo)them when the team is not winning.
Most of the fans calling for an apology were the same fans that booed him, and had nothing but bad things to say. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Interesting stuff. Sounds like it was a combination of things that led to his demand, but ultimately the blame (as always) falls mainly on Mike Brown. Honestly, I wouldn't have boo'd him in that game, but I can't believe he let it get under his skin so much. Fans tend to boo when things are going bad. That's any NFL city, not just here.
Has it ever been documented that Palmer said part of the reason he left was because of fan treatment? Or is that just something being spread around without any proof?
I'm genuinely curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnvllbuck View Post
Personally, I have a problem with high paid athletes desiring long term contracts that pay them millions, and then a couple years into it...they decide not to honor the agreement!

To me, it's kind of like a "trust" issue. As a man, you are only as good as your word, your promise.

I have no respect for guys that break their word.
Palmer signed his extension right after the 2005 regular season. He left after the 2010 season. That's more than a couple years. Think of how many things got worse after he signed, and how little Brown did to make things better. Palmer didn't honor his contract, but Brown didn't protect his $100 million dollar investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Bandini View Post
Because it's against the proper rules of this sport. He's not the only player who played in a middle low franchise in NFL and they don't all quit on their team and taking in hostage . Mike Brown or not.

It's the same problem with Eli Manning refusing to play for the Chargers. That's not the rules of this game.

Period.
The Bengals aren't a middle-low franchise. Brown is the worst owner in the NFL, and his record as GM reflects that. Any success this team has had is fleeting. The closest we've had to a complete team is 2005, and I'm 99.9% sure we'd have a playoff win or two at least if Palmer hadn't went down.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22090

People are becoming more sympathetic toward Palmer by the day. This is getting sad. Hopefully, people are just being mildly PC, and during the game, they'll be booing their ***** off. He is not a Bengal anymore, and should not be cheered for because of that. The fact that he boned out the way he did makes him seem like a *****, but that isn't the only reason to boo him......Do it just to rattle the man! He's shown that he doesn't play as well once something has gotten into his head, so get out there and do it. Make PBS loud for once....

Not to mention,....he quit on your team.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645
Default Re: Perspective - Carson; Remember....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Orange View Post
If my girlfriend walked out on me without giving me the respect of telling me why she was leaving, no matter what happens next in my life, the ***** is dead to me. We can debate why Carson left all we want but we still have not heard it out of his mouth. The guy doesn't respect us enough as fans to tell us why he wanted out. And let's be clear about something, Carson Palmer had far many more people who were fans than not. I would guess 98% of the city were fans of Carson Palmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Enquirer 2000 View Post
The so-called “Carl Pickens Clause” is the talk of the NFL's signing season. Every Bengals deal from now on will include the stipulation that public criticism of the team will be punishable by the forfeiture of signing-bonus money.

Maybe explaining why would have cost him millions of dollars. Would you risk millions to placate a fan base of a team you no longer play for?
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6146

I hope they don't boo Carson. He was great for us and both sides moved on since then. For us to boo him on Sunday would show no class whatsoever but then again when do you see class at a football game with drunk fans?
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12452

This is insanity. The dude made the Bengals relevant, and deserves praise for that. But that has nothing to do with Sunday's game.

I don't expect him to get anymore of an introduction than any other opposing QB, so I expect him to get treated the same as every other QB who steps foot against the Bengals. He's an enemy this week and nothing after it - why he is still such a hot topic on these message boards is so far beyond me, I'm still trying to comprehend the levels of hate some of you people have over the guy.

If he slapped all of us (as fans) in the face, we should all be equally angry - but we're not. Has anyone actually sat down and thought about that?
Old 11-22-2012, 02:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2715

I wish someone would post a link to that video of the stadium absolutely ROCKING when Carson came back from his injury. We welcomed him back like the hero of our city.

Please, someone find that video. Watch it and ask yourself if that selfish my-daddy-moved-our-family-to-the-perfect-high-school and my-owner-put-my-little-brother-on-the-roster prima donna could have AT LEAST said goodbye and thank you to the fans in that video.

I hope Geno flattens him. Followed by Vontaze.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 46

Carson realizes how vindictive MB can be and doesn't want to have to confront him legally.
Remember what MB did to Carl Pickens when he spoke out and also Lee Johnson. I wasn't happy with the way CP quit on this team but I think it had a lot more to do with MB and ML than it did about the garbage on his lawn, verbal insults, etc.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:26 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1285
Default Re: Dline and fans needs to rattle Palmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Unfortunately, I expect Palmer to laugh at our half empty stadium.
Palmer plays in a stadium with less fans than the bengals...... this comment is irrelevant
Old 11-22-2012, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
20+ years..blah, blah, blah.
Far and away the most intelligent response I've ever read from you. For future reference, when someone brings up a point you can't refute, either ignore it or try being a man and saying, "You are correct."

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You probably will get the replies of well how is that different than a team cutting a player. Even though the guidelines for a player being cut from a team or traded are outlined in the CBA and agreed upon by the players which actually makes these events completely valid under contractual agreements.
For the 1,000,000th time: retiring (or 'retiring' as Palmer did it) is just as legal a way of breaking a deal. If it wasn't, Mikey Boy would've been sued him. Since you don't care if the team cuts Joe Blow, you're fine with it. For some reason, Palmer refusing to play for the Bengals hurts your feelings so he's a bad guy.

Why are you so angry at Palmer? Stop living in the past. Isn't that your advice for anyone who isn't in the Mikey Boy fan club?
Old 11-22-2012, 02:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29946

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
Has it ever been documented that Palmer said part of the reason he left was because of fan treatment? Or is that just something being spread around without any proof?
I'm genuinely curious.
Carson has never stated than fan treatment played into his decision to leave. The article said that the fans boo'ing him hurt his feelings, but what I gathered from it is that it was mostly about Mike Brown.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18920

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
******** in every city don't boo the face of their franchise when he reaches a milestone.

******** in every city don't insult their QB's wife and children in public.

I'm pretty sure Mike Brown dumped the millions of dollars into his pockets.

The man is human and the man is allowed to have limits.

He gave his body to the city (literally) and all the city gave him back was insane expectations and bitter resentment when he couldn't deliver.
After over a decade of losing, you'll have to excuse the fans for being upset at losing, and maybe all the boos weren't directed solely towards Palmer, but rather the situation.

You act like they could never leave the house or they'd have a mob of people insulting them. What percentage of fans did that? .000001%?

We're the ones who dumped millions of dollars into his pockets, though.

The franchise had turned a corner and was obviously becoming respectable, but then he leaves what he helped build and almost destroys it all, which would cause us to rebuild again?

Look, I love Palmer for what he did for us, but he did us dirty with the way he quit on us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3stangs View Post
It's OK for a franchise to cut a player whenever they like even if they're under contract right? But when a player beats them to the punch he's a quitter? I didn't like the whole thing any more than the next guy, but at the end of the day, like everyone likes to say it is business. Just in this case it was Carsons rather than Browns. Do you throw this hate at MB when a player gets cut.
Franchises cut players when they're underperforming- not living up to their contracts- but they still have to pay them whatever is guaranteed in the contract.

Franchises can't and don't screw players like Palmer screwed us.

Franchises have to live up to their word and so should players.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29946

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
If he slapped all of us (as fans) in the face, we should all be equally angry - but we're not. Has anyone actually sat down and thought about that?
Has everyone on the boards ever completely agreed about anything (other than the firing of Bratkowski)?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1527
Default Re: Dline and fans needs to rattle Palmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffalo View Post
Palmer plays in a stadium with less fans than the bengals...... this comment is irrelevant
Way to stamp out the troll fire now we can't see them... Might have to check the suspension..🙀
Old 11-22-2012, 03:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Has everyone on the boards ever completely agreed about anything (other than the firing of Bratkowski)?
I think that Marvin cuffed Bratkowski as a coordinator. Brat was obviously eons better at passing as an OC rather than running. I believe Marvin cuffed him and made him run to set up that pass instead of vice versa.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:09 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

As a professional you should work out that contract no matter what. There were 50+ players every year for the 8 years he was here that went through the same **** and he's the only one that holds out???? That's bull ****!!! He deserves to go bood the whole game every second he's in the field. Yeah things are working out for us but what if they didn't??? Those who don't think the should boo him would most likely think differently
Old 11-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunzbengal#1FAN View Post
As a professional you should work out that contract no matter what. There were 50+ players every year for the 8 years he was here that went through the same **** and he's the only one that holds out???? That's bull ****!!! He deserves to go bood the whole game every second he's in the field. Yeah things are working out for us but what if they didn't??? Those who don't think the should boo him would most likely think differently
Under this logic should we boo the Bengals for cutting Antonio Bryant? Afterall, they made an obligation to him via contract..and you should always honor a contract, right?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalUSCfan View Post
Nope.

Each NFL player is his own businessman and his own franchise. I'm not nearly as upset at Carson for leaving as I am that he never thanked the fans of Cincinnati for their support.

Extremely poor public relations with a "market" he just wrote off and abandoned. I think every fan who owns a Palmer jersey or who hated the Steelers for that late hit should be appalled that Carson didn't think enough of the Cincinnati fans to at least thank them for their support and explain that he just needed to move on. It was easier for the coward to just hunker down on the left coast and ignore them.

I hope he reaps what he sowed. Massive boo'ing.

TJ is right however, that we ended up better for his departure, but that certainly wasn't Carson's intent. And I'm a USC fan...
Palmer has said thanks and said he wishes the Bengals well and hopes they are successful in numerous press conferences. Fans just haven't cared and looked the other way because they wanted something to be angry at.

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 11-22-2012, 04:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23218

I on board with the boo-birds, but I'm happy that Mike Brown (and Bengals fans everywhere) got so lucky as to have the Browns injure Campbell and make the Carson trade possible.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2324

F Palmer
Old 11-22-2012, 04:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17152

The problem with what TJ said to me, is that I'm not really for sale so easily on an emotional/mental level. Sure I love the picks and all the stuff we got for Carson and I do think we're better off now, but its not as important to me morally as a man turning his back and walking away from the very people who made him a millionaire by giving him a high-paid platform to play his favorite game for a living. Although we dont sign the checks, we are the source of revenue for these guys. As others have mentioned, he really didnt say anything or even truly thank people for giving him the life that most people can only dream of. I personally dont care if fans boo him. I wont be there so it doesnt apply to me. I hope we kick his and his team's butt though. If they boo, I'll laugh, if they cheer, I wont care. I expect a mixed reaction personally.

For the record, if I "were" at the game I wouldnt boo him specifically, just the opposing team during the game. When they called his name the first time I probably wouldnt react much.

Last edited by djam; 11-22-2012 at 04:51 PM.