Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2012, 10:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25462
bengals Re: Do you agree with T.J.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergonnachange View Post
You do realize that Palmer isn't under any obligation to abide by your arbitrary schedule, right? He played his cards to his advantage, much like a team owner would do when threatening to leave town unless he gets a new stadium. Palmer didn't breech his contract so you should have no problem with what he did.
I never stated he breached his contract now did I? No I did not thanks for playing. I said he plain and simply quit. There really is no debate to it. Not something I would teacher children or grandchildren but hey if he can sleep with it so can I. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation with his children though.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10911
Default Re: CP's signature move?

Which one?

Old 11-22-2012, 11:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33761
Default Re: Do you agree with T.J.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M (the other one) View Post
That's not true either.
I know I was against the firing of Brat (and maybe Fred was as well).
I wanted ML gone because I think he is the reason this offense couldn't flourish the way it was setup. ML wants it to be a Running team and it was setup as a Passing team.

Remember those times when CP would look to the sidelines and throw his hands up because ML and Brat would be arguing over what play to call in.

Now answer this, with Brat gone for 2 years now, are we still seeing some of those bone head plays that we always complained about when Brat was here?
Like?

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-22-2012, 11:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post
some of you fans are selfish.

Ill explain.

Put yourselves in his shoes.

You are a heisman trophy winner,,,a top draft pick,,you pulled out 3 great seasons in the NFL,,,,HOWEVER,,,your stuck with diva "me first" attitude players,,,a dumb coach,,,and a dumber owner,,,a lousy defense,,,and your oline has regressed for several seasons leading you to multiple injuries.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO STAY???????

You are selfish cause you wanted him to stay,,,but what would you have thought/done in his shoes? Would you have stayed KNOWING nothing will change,,,risking further injuries and nothing to show for it? If you would,,,your a moron.
\
Then the manly thing to do would have been to re-work his contract, and stop sucking up the big bucks.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M (the other one) View Post
it was in Today's Paper.

"I have seen guys, run into guys back in San Diego, talked, texted. I think that anybody that's ever played for that ownership knows what I was doing and why I was doing it." Palmer said.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

I just now looked at the OP's post. In it TJ says this:

"I don't know what Carson was promised, in terms of them keeping certain players or going after other players to get better, but I think he came to the conclusion that they weren't holding up their end," Houshmandzadeh said. "I think his attitude was, 'They're not giving it their all like I'm giving it my all.' The organization probably felt, 'We're giving it our all —under our parameters.'

So they are both saying the same basic thing.
He's just trying to calm the waters, so he don't get booed to loud.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3280
Default Re: Dline and fans needs to rattle Palmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffalo View Post
Palmer plays in a stadium with less fans than the bengals...... this comment is irrelevant
indeed....your comment is irrelevant.

The Oakland fans weren't mentioned....and PBS has absolutely nothing to do with Oakland's Coliseum.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:32 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13263

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
\
Then the manly thing to do would have been to re-work his contract, and stop sucking up the big bucks.
Except he didn't want to be in Cincinnati. He could've flat out retired and given everyone the finger - instead he opted to give Mike Brown a chance to get one last thing out of him.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 875

I would much rather have Dalton instead of Palmer any day, but when he quit it wasn't like he quit cause he knew we was going to land on our feet, we could of just as well ended up with a bad QB and be in a horrible spot. No, he quit and didn't care what happened to the team, he had no control over where the team is now, and when he left he showed pretty clearly he didn't care either. I love the way the team is now, but i don't give any credit to Palmer, he is just a quitter and that is all there is to it.

Last edited by Dan_The_Bengals_Fan; 11-23-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:44 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 510

I hope we boo him off the field bottom line he turned his back on the team. He turned his back on the players, the fans, and the city of cincinnati. He was the highest paid qb in the league. I'm glad he's gone he has thrown more ints. Than any qb at PBS I hope he adds to that sunday
Old 11-23-2012, 07:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6031

Coach Lewis thought Carson stopped trying before the end of his last season. The exacts words were "When did he quit?"

I'm not going to thank someone else for treating my team and my support like they're dirt. I'm sorry you had bad experiences, that's the job. Grow up and do it. Or else you'll end up on the Raiders.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10911

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Coach Lewis thought Carson stopped trying before the end of his last season. The exacts words were "When did he quit?"

I'm not going to thank someone else for treating my team and my support like they're dirt. I'm sorry you had bad experiences, that's the job. Grow up and do it. Or else you'll end up on the Raiders.

That's gold Jerry!! Gold!!

Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13509

Zimmer will dial up lots of defensive pressure. He knows that if you give Carson time then he can carve you up. Pressure him and he is very prone to force some throws.

And the fans ? Suspect our noise level will be off the charts at PBS and aimed directly at Carson.

Plus we have to win to help our own cause and get a better 2nd round draft pick from Oakland.

Last edited by Go Cards; 11-23-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
I as well never stated he breached his contract. I would appreciate you showing me where I stated this since you want to participate. The entire discussion was brought on by the lame point continually made about teams cutting players. Lame because it is within their agreement to do so under terms.
Quote:
You are correct I am fine with a team operating within the contractual guidelines agreed upon by them and the players. I would not be fine with a team acting in a breech of contract and would expect the appropriate actions to be taken. Has nothing to do with Mike Brown or anyone else.
What I got from the bolded sentence is that you're, at least partially, not fine with what Palmer did because he was somehow in breach of his contract. If you're fine with the team doing whatever they wish, as long as it's within the terms of the contract, then you should be fine with what Palmer did, since it to was completely within the terms of his contract.

-He held out, legally, and was fined for doing so, as stated in the CBA.
-He said he would probably retire if his demands weren't met. That's legal.
-Mike Brown decided to trade him after a lengthy hold out. Once again, totally legal.

Was what Palmer did morally, and possibly ethically wrong? Maybe, and people have been making strong cases for and against that going on almost 2 years now, but he in no way broke any law.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 63

Does anyone else remember TJ's first game as a seahawk, and after the game he was asked about their win?

He said " I love it, we won and Cincy lost, the perfect day"

now he wants to go soft? I dont think so.

I loved TJ while he was here, But screw him and his thoughts now.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6203

I could care less who the QB is, we need to Rattle Every QB that plays against us every week.

As for the OP, Mikey has been slapping you in the face for a long time, and you keep asking for another. CP was slapped by MB as well and he didn't ask for another.

Last edited by Mike M (the other one); 11-23-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13746
Default Re: Perspective - Carson; Remember....

I wish no ill will towards palmer(except for this sunday). I was nearly as mad as everyone else here when he tried to bail on us. But I didnt mind as much as the rest of you because I knew he was a shell of the former player he once was. Ever since his knee injury, he played very timidly and his production worsened because of it. We are better for it even though dalton doesnt have nearly as good of an arm.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Quote:
LMAO.....read back this response was already predicted.

You have heard of the CBA correct? That is the Collective Bargaining Agreement. In this agreement the grounds for which a player can be cut and or traded by a team are laid out. They are agreed upon by the players. Thereby basically making them apart of any NFL contract unless something as a no trade clause is made as an addendum to the contract.

So when making a move within the agreed upon requirements then the team is acting within their contractual rights.
hahha...yeah, I'm well aware that teams can cut players under the CBA. Believe it or not I know a little bit about the NFL. My response was facetious. Sorry if that was lost on you...I'll spell it out next time. Anyway Palmer was also well within his rights to do what he did under the CBA just as the Bengals were to cut Bryant's goldbricking ***. Moreover, succesful people use leverage acquired by experience/success to gain better positons all the time. American as apple pie and absoultely nothing wrong with it.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1791
Default If Going to the Game; Do This When CP Throws Pk6

I'll be at the game on Sunday and I'm hoping to see at least a few int's thrown by CP. I'm hoping a couple go for Pk6's. I think it would be fun to get a Carson chat up when he does. Like "Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsonnnnnnn", "Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsonnnnnnnn". It would be fun to hear the entire stadium doing that.

It has happened before in the 1990 when we blew out the Houston Oilers and Jerry Granville. It was some huge lopsided score and Riverfront stadium was chanting; "Jerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy", Jerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy"

I was told that practicing makes perfect, then I was told that no one is perfect, so I stopped practicing - Stephen Wright
Old 11-23-2012, 12:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25462

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
What I got from the bolded sentence is that you're, at least partially, not fine with what Palmer did because he was somehow in breach of his contract. If you're fine with the team doing whatever they wish, as long as it's within the terms of the contract, then you should be fine with what Palmer did, since it to was completely within the terms of his contract.

-He held out, legally, and was fined for doing so, as stated in the CBA.
-He said he would probably retire if his demands weren't met. That's legal.
-Mike Brown decided to trade him after a lengthy hold out. Once again, totally legal.

Was what Palmer did morally, and possibly ethically wrong? Maybe, and people have been making strong cases for and against that going on almost 2 years now, but he in no way broke any law.
So you translated it to fit your need?

Here I will try to be more specific.

Carson:

No what he did was not in breech.
Yes I find it morally questionable and I feel he is a quitter. I would hope he would attempt to not advocate quitting to his children yet if he does try then he becomes a hypocrite as well.
It does not bother me that he did it in the fact he has to look at himself in the mirror. He is the one that at some point will look at members of that team and know he quit on them.
He has to live with it not me.

As far as the owners go I am fine with them as long as they are operating within the guidelines that they should.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4142
Default Re: If Going to the Game; Do This When CP Throws Pk6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnglFn Forever View Post
I'll be at the game on Sunday and I'm hoping to see at least a few int's thrown by CP. I'm hoping a couple go for Pk6's. I think it would be fun to get a Carson chat up when he does. Like "Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsonnnnnnn", "Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsonnnnnnnn". It would be fun to hear the entire stadium doing that.

It has happened before in the 1990 when we blew out the Houston Oilers and Jerry Granville. It was some huge lopsided score and Riverfront stadium was chanting; "Jerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy", Jerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy"
The final score of the game you refer to was 61-7.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18788

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnglFn Forever View Post

Why do people hope for things that statistically won't happen?

He may throw ONE pick six, but even then its unlikely it will happen.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Why do people hope for things that statistically won't happen?

He may throw ONE pick six, but even then its unlikely it will happen.
But we all hate Carson and he did throw a lot of pick 6s his last year here, so we all think there is a 100% chance of a pick 6 happening...You know cuz all our corners are ball hawks

It's time for you to go Marv. Kirkpatrick is my hero.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
But we all hate Carson and he did throw a lot of pick 6s his last year here, so we all think there is a 100% chance of a pick 6 happening...You know cuz all our corners are ball hawks

TBH, I'd rather have great cover guys over ballhawks (hence Leon over Joseph).

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-23-2012, 12:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post

TBH, I'd rather have great cover guys over ballhawks (hence Leon over Joseph).
I'd rather have them both

They were a great duo...probably best in the league. Their skills complemented each other so well.

It's time for you to go Marv. Kirkpatrick is my hero.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
I'd rather have them both

They were a great duo...probably best in the league. Their skills complemented each other so well.
Indeed, I agree on both points (rather have them both, compliments).

That 2009 season was magical for them, they just did SO much defensively.

CHILD PLEASE