Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17065
Default Re: Good Ol' Plaxico coming back to Pittsburgh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Yards/Game

15.Bengals[352.8 yards/game]
17.Steelers[349.6 yards/game]

Passing Yards/Game

10.Bengals[249.6 yards/game]
13.Steelers[242.8 yards/game]

Points/Game

12.Bengals[24.8]
19.Steelers[21.7]

Receiving TD's

Bengals=21
Steelers=17

Players with multiple TD catches

Bengals=4
Steelers=2

As far as Miller,Wallace,and Sanders go,get real. Those three have combined for 120 catches for 1430 yards and 13 TD's. AJ Green,Jermaine Gresham,and our #3 WR Andrew Hawkins have combined for 141 catches for 1822 yards and 16 TD's. Advantage Bengals,all day,every day. If you thrown in Antonio Brown and Muhammed Sanu[who's only started the last two games and was inactive much of the year],it's still advantage Bengals,1947 yards to 1929 and 18 TD's to 14.
That azz has been spanked.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:
What games have the Steelers been in a position to run up the score this year? Maybe the Washington game,but you guys still came out throwing the ball on 3 of 4 offensive plays during your 2nd to last drive of the 4th quarter. You threw 7 times during your 2nd to last drive of the Jets game when you scored a TD to go up 27-10,as well. The only time you guys take the air out of ball with a big lead is with less than 5 minutes remaining in the game.
I suppose you have never watched a steelers game. When they get the lead, they back off and run the ball to eat up the clock time. Did you just start watching football? Everybody knows whats coming if they get the lead.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3549

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
I suppose you have never watched a steelers game. When they get the lead, they back off and run the ball to eat up the clock time. Did you just start watching football? Everybody knows whats coming if they get the lead.
You are right and him being a fan of an AFC North opponent he should definitely know better. The Steelers always start running out the clock after they get a double digit lead. That is the way to do it. Keep your offense on the field and your defense resting.
I was just pulling numbers out of my ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I root for a team that has the most Championships
Old 11-22-2012, 10:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2164

It takes more than fantasy stats to compare Miller/Gresham, Wallace/ Green and so forth. Ability of the opposing defense and whether or not a team is playing with a lead or from behind will shape playcalling. If Ben has a stat line 450 yards and 4 TDs it means there was a shootout. Something the Steelers tend to lose. If ben has 275 yards and 2 TDs he had a good game, but the reason he didn't do even better was likely because this nice little thing called winning time of posession. It's rather important when you have the lead in the 2nd half. When you don't do it properly you risk blowing huge leads to Tony Romo.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.

Last edited by 6andcounting; 11-22-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
He also failed to see that if other teams didn't run up scores, their points per game average would decrease. Another failure of his was to differentiate defensive and special teams points from points scored by the offense. The Steelers have no special teams TDs this year (unless maybe there was one that didn't get called back that i can't remember) and the defense has forced less turnovers than most, if not all, other teams in the league to this point.

EDIT: To be fair I just saw a Browns fan claim their top 3 receivers are each head-to-head better than every Steelers receiver but Wallace. The Steeler fan who disagreed was then accused of wearing homer glasses.

Quote:
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.

Last edited by 6andcounting; 11-23-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
It takes more than fantasy stats to compare Miller/Gresham, Wallace/ Green and so forth. Ability of the opposing defense and whether or not a team is playing with a lead or from behind will shape playcalling. If Ben has a stat line 450 yards and 4 TDs it means there was a shootout. Something the Steelers tend to lose. If ben has 275 yards and 2 TDs he had a good game, but the reason he didn't do even better was likely because this nice little thing called winning time of posession. It's rather important when you have the lead in the 2nd half. When you don't do it properly you risk blowing huge leads to Tony Romo.....
LOL. You're spinning so hard, you're up to your knees in dirt.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3903

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
You always have dirt on your knees rfaulk.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
You are just mad I don't take fantasy stats serious when duscussing real teams that actually play. Your response was a result of being unable to actually disagree with the content of my post. But feel free to tell me that the Steelers always run up the score to boost Ben's stats or how playing with the lead doesn't lead to different play calling than when a team is trailing.

Quote:

Last edited by 6andcounting; 11-23-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You are just mad I don't take fantasy stats serious when duscussing real teams that actually play. Your response was a result of being unable to actually disagree with the content of my post. But feel free to tell me that the Steelers always run up the score to boost Ben's stats or how playing with the lead doesn't lead to different play calling than when a team is trailing.
The content of your post was bunk. Those aren't "fantasy stats". Those are NFL stats and if you watched any football you'd know Pitt and Cincy are similar in style when it comes to passing the ball. As soon as Super Marvio gets a lead, he starts running the ball more. So the stats are going to be similar in context.

Spinning loser post is spun loser.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
The content of your post was bunk. Those aren't "fantasy stats". Those are NFL stats
Do you even know what fantasy football is? It's a game where pure talent means nothing and stats mean everything. The fact that Ben is a 2 time Super Bowl winner, yet is generally a terrible fantasy qb kind of explains it.
Quote:
and if you watched any football you'd know Pitt and Cincy are similar in style when it comes to passing the ball. As soon as Super Marvio gets a lead, he starts running the ball more. So the stats are going to be similar in context.

Spinning loser post is spun loser.
And which team has more wins, hence more leads, this year you extra stupid baffoon? When you have an 10 point lead, you run down the clock. When you have a 6 point lead you are going to have to score again before you start your kneel downs, unless there is only a minute left.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2012, 04:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Do you even know what fantasy football is? It's a game where pure talent means nothing and stats mean everything. The fact that Ben is a 2 time Super Bowl winner, yet is generally a terrible fantasy qb kind of explains it.

And which team has more wins, hence more leads, this year you extra stupid baffoon? When you have an 10 point lead, you run down the clock. When you have a 6 point lead you are going to have to score again before you start your kneel downs, unless there is only a minute left.
LOL. This post is so full of 'stupid fail' it's amazing. Ab So Lutely Amazing.

Sloppy is very proud of you, Dr. Strawman.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

our offenses are looking pretty similar this year.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
I've watched plenty of the Steelers' games. They try to run the ball to kill the clock late in the 4th,but other than that,they run a balanced to pass heavy offense. The 4th quarter drives I quoted to you come straight out of the game logs,so sorry if reality doesn't mesh with the dream world you've created to fool yourself into thinking the Steelers are more loaded at their skill positions than you think they are.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
He also failed to see that if other teams didn't run up scores, their points per game average would decrease. Another failure of his was to differentiate defensive and special teams points from points scored by the offense. The Steelers have no special teams TDs this year (unless maybe there was one that didn't get called back that i can't remember) and the defense has forced less turnovers than most, if not all, other teams in the league to this point.

EDIT: To be fair I just saw a Browns fan claim their top 3 receivers are each head-to-head better than every Steelers receiver but Wallace. The Steeler fan who disagreed was then accused of wearing homer glasses.
You can spin all you want,but the facts are the facts. The thing that totally kills the argument that the Steelers have better receivers is this. Pittsburgh is 13th in the league with 370 pass attempts. The Bengals are 19th with 345. The Steelers have 2428 passing yards,while the Bengals have 2496. The Steelers throw the ball MORE than the Bengals,but have fewer passing yards.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can spin all you want,but the facts are the facts. The thing that totally kills the argument that the Steelers have better receivers is this. Pittsburgh is 13th in the league with 370 pass attempts. The Bengals are 19th with 345. The Steelers have 2428 passing yards,while the Bengals have 2496. The Steelers throw the ball MORE than the Bengals,but have fewer passing yards.

Dink and dunk ever hear of it?
Old 11-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've watched plenty of the Steelers' games. They try to run the ball to kill the clock late in the 4th,but other than that,they run a balanced to pass heavy offense. The 4th quarter drives I quoted to you come straight out of the game logs,so sorry if reality doesn't mesh with the dream world you've created to fool yourself into thinking the Steelers are more loaded at their skill positions than you think they are.

I noticed in this entire rant, that you avoided using the word fantasy. Wonder why that is?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Dink and dunk ever hear of it?
LOL. Ben 7.2 YPA. Andy 7.4 YPA.

Quote:
I noticed in this entire rant, that you avoided using the word fantasy. Wonder why that is?
What the hell does this even mean??
Old 11-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL. Ben 7.2 YPA. Andy 7.4 YPA.

What the hell does this even mean??
As in Fantasy football.

You guys all like your statistics, but the only one that matters is Steelers are 6-4 and Bengals are 5-5. Oakland could be a trap game for you, so the Bengals may end up 5-6, and I really don't see the Steelers losing to the Browns. Those are the stats that matter.

Last edited by silenetwolf; 11-23-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
As in Fantasy football.

You guys all like your statistics, but the only one that matters is Steelers are 6-4 and Bengals are 5-5. Oakland could be a trap game for you, so the Bengals may end up 5-6, and I really don't see the Steelers losing to the Browns. Those are the stats that matter.
Of course they don't matter...

when you're on the wrong side of the stat line.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Of course they don't matter...

when you're on the wrong side of the stat line.
So your fantastic stats are going to get you to the super bowl?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
So your fantastic stats are going to get you to the super bowl?
Oh my goodness. It's the Steelers Strawman Brigade.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh my goodness. It's the Steelers Strawman Brigade.
You got the better stats, so go get your trophy.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
You got the better stats, so go get your trophy.
"Here's your sign"
Old 11-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
"Here's your sign"

No the sign is meant for you. You still have to explain how your are behind the Steelers in the standings when you have the better stats.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
No the sign is meant for you. You still have to explain how your are behind the Steelers in the standings when you have the better stats.
I think you need a second sign.

I never brought up anything about standings.