Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 678
Default Marvin on NBC, PFT

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/228251...59338#39459338

Thought maybe some would like to see it.

Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12556
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18694

Wasn't much to it, but I will say he handled the Carson questions with class.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2094

I was a lil shocked he answered the question about Chad and Green... I just knew he was gonna dance around that... But he answered it straight forward.. Nice. No question AJ is better than chad. Even in Chads best years he wasnt considered the BEST. Just top 5. AJ is no question the best WR in the league RIGHT NOW.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6419

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCMehayward View Post
I was a lil shocked he answered the question about Chad and Green... I just knew he was gonna dance around that... But he answered it straight forward.. Nice. No question AJ is better than chad. Even in Chads best years he wasnt considered the BEST. Just top 5. AJ is no question the best WR in the league RIGHT NOW.
I wouldn't go that far.

You can't say that he is "hands down" better than Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

There were also years that Chad was considered the best. 6x Pro Bowler, 3x All Pro, led the NFL in receiving once and the AFC 2x.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I wouldn't go that far.

You can't say that he is "hands down" better than Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

There were also years that Chad was considered the best. 6x Pro Bowler, 3x All Pro, led the NFL in receiving once and the AFC 2x.
Notice he said best in the league "right now". I think that's fair. In terms of overall performance AJ is trouncing most top receivers. Especially in regards to TD's.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1486

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far.

Chad was definitely top 3 every year starting from his 2nd year up to his 8th year. I think after Marvin Harrison, Chad was probably the best WR during those years. You could argue Steve Smith or Torry Holt were probably as good as Chad as well, but I would have taken Chad over those two. He made some freak catches while he was here for us. Plus, those guys were pretty much THE go to guy on their teams which meant more targets and receptions. Chad had TJ and Henry with him. TJ had the most receptions because of the double coverage opposing teams set up for Chad.

Last edited by bengalsfan2008; 11-21-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Chad is the only WR in NFL history to lead his conference in receiving yards four consecutive seasons.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far.

He is better than Fitz due to QB and opportunity, and a close second to Megatron.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44878

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far.

Yeah, Chad Johnson was a darn good player. That Ocho Cino character, on the other hand...
Old 11-21-2012, 08:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Chad is the only WR in NFL history to lead his conference in receiving yards four consecutive seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
Chad was definitely top 3 every year starting from his 2nd year up to his 8th year. I think after Marvin Harrison, Chad was probably the best WR during those years. You could argue Steve Smith or Torry Holt were probably as good as Chad as well, but I would have taken Chad over those two. He made some freak catches while he was here for us. Plus, those guys were pretty much THE go to guy on their teams which meant more targets and receptions. Chad had TJ and Henry with him. TJ had the most receptions because of the double coverage opposing teams set up for Chad.
Quote:
I wouldn't go that far.

He just said that AJ's more talented than Chad was, which you can say Chad had better stats, but he also had Carson in his prime, TJ opposite him, and Slim drawing coverages (for a few years). AJ is faster than Chad was and, right now, has proven that he's just as good as Chad was at everything, especially the deep ball, which AJ should only improve.

I love the confidence that Marvin's showing and it wasn't a bad interview.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1486

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
He just said that AJ's more talented than Chad was, which you can say Chad had better stats, but he also had Carson in his prime, TJ opposite him, and Slim drawing coverages (for a few years). AJ is faster than Chad was and, right now, has proven that he's just as good as Chad was at everything, especially the deep ball, which AJ should only improve.

Oh, I am not saying Chad is/was better than AJ Green. I was just stating that while Chad was playing in his prime, he was top 3. AJ Green is literally the best WR right now in the NFL IMO. Yes, Calvin has more ability, Larry is more savvy, but AJ is a mixture of those two. He may not be AS dominating as Calvin, and he may not be AS savvy as Larry, but he has a perfect combination of both which i believe makes him better than both. By next season, no one will argue with me that AJ is the best WR in the NFL.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8736

This is AJ's second year and he is the best in the league... How many years did it take Chad to come on like that? I think a few. Ill give it that Chad may have been buried in the depth chart a little.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32199

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far.

He is doing better than either of those too are this year. So right now hes better. (thats how it works in football.)

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-23-2012, 10:58 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
Oh, I am not saying Chad is/was better than AJ Green. I was just stating that while Chad was playing in his prime, he was top 3. AJ Green is literally the best WR right now in the NFL IMO. Yes, Calvin has more ability, Larry is more savvy, but AJ is a mixture of those two. He may not be AS dominating as Calvin, and he may not be AS savvy as Larry, but he has a perfect combination of both which i believe makes him better than both. By next season, no one will argue with me that AJ is the best WR in the NFL.
Lost in the convo for best WR is Andre Johnson due to Texans running game if he was on a pass happy team he would have amazing stats...

(almost 500 yards in 2 games that were 5 or 4 days apart)

But AJ has had the most consistant numbers all year.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Yeah, Chad Johnson was a darn good player. That Ocho Cino character, on the other hand...
Right on. Chad got us an offer of 2 first round picks fron the Redskins. Ochocinco gets cut from the Patriots and the Dolphins.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 11-23-2012, 11:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
You are correct, sir. Chad was a great player and I hope he gets another shot in the NFL to prove he still has something left in the tank.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17152

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
This is AJ's second year and he is the best in the league... How many years did it take Chad to come on like that? I think a few. Ill give it that Chad may have been buried in the depth chart a little.
I love AJ but he is not the best in the league, he is up there but not the best. Give Larry Fitz a QB to work with and he is better, Megatron, Roddy white, etc.

Won;t be long though
Old 11-23-2012, 12:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29086

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post

Chad had 1355 yards and 10 tds in 2003. That was with Jon Kitna playing QB, Peter Warrick as the other starting WR and no Slim. Chad was an awesome WR, period. Just leave it at that.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29086

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
I love AJ but he is not the best in the league, he is up there but not the best. Give Larry Fitz a QB to work with and he is better, Megatron, Roddy white, etc.

Won;t be long though
AJ is close, but I'm not ready to say he's better than Calvin. (I hope bfine doesn't see this).

Old 11-23-2012, 12:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Chad had 1355 yards and 10 tds in 2003. That was with Jon Kitna playing QB, Peter Warrick as the other starting WR and no Slim. Chad was an awesome WR, period. Just leave it at that.
exactly...

You cant really compare 2 WRs from different years when the entire team they played on was different. you really cant alot factors into a WRs success not just their talent level.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 521

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCMehayward View Post
It would've been cooler if Marvin said Chad Johnson was a top 5 WR with all his credentials and Chad Ochocinco was a BUM!

AJ rocks and glad he's a Bengal!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1251

Chad also disappeared in a lot of big games as well. We will see if AJ does that or not.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Casanova 72-77 View Post
Chad also disappeared in a lot of big games as well. We will see if AJ does that or not.
I catch for 8 yards against Pitt.

Nothing in the playoffs.

Guys double cover our top guys; they don't "disappear."

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
I catch for 8 yards against Pitt.

Nothing in the playoffs.

Guys double cover our top guys; they don't "disappear."

Guys whop are as high profile....big time at their post...and considered Top 5 WR.... usually find a way to make their presence known more than he did in big games. Is that a better term than disappear for you?