Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:56 PM
StLucieBengal's Avatar
StLucieBengal StLucieBengal is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 744
Rep Points: 678
Default Marvin on NBC, PFT

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/228251...59338#39459338


Thought maybe some would like to see it.
__________________


Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:59 PM
wcu's Avatar
wcu wcu is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 3,565
Rep Points: 12556
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Thanks for sharing.
__________________

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 PM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 10,793
Rep Points: 18694
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Wasn't much to it, but I will say he handled the Carson questions with class.
__________________
http://bradfritz.org/

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 AM
UCMehayward's Avatar
UCMehayward UCMehayward is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,677
Rep Points: 2094
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

I was a lil shocked he answered the question about Chad and Green... I just knew he was gonna dance around that... But he answered it straight forward.. Nice. No question AJ is better than chad. Even in Chads best years he wasnt considered the BEST. Just top 5. AJ is no question the best WR in the league RIGHT NOW.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,539
Rep Points: 6419
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCMehayward View Post
I was a lil shocked he answered the question about Chad and Green... I just knew he was gonna dance around that... But he answered it straight forward.. Nice. No question AJ is better than chad. Even in Chads best years he wasnt considered the BEST. Just top 5. AJ is no question the best WR in the league RIGHT NOW.
I wouldn't go that far.

You can't say that he is "hands down" better than Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

There were also years that Chad was considered the best. 6x Pro Bowler, 3x All Pro, led the NFL in receiving once and the AFC 2x.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Juniversal's Avatar
Juniversal Juniversal is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 2,769
Rep Points: 3179
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I wouldn't go that far.

You can't say that he is "hands down" better than Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

There were also years that Chad was considered the best. 6x Pro Bowler, 3x All Pro, led the NFL in receiving once and the AFC 2x.
Notice he said best in the league "right now". I think that's fair. In terms of overall performance AJ is trouncing most top receivers. Especially in regards to TD's.
__________________

-The Rookie Connection-
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
bengalsfan2008 bengalsfan2008 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,457
Rep Points: 1486
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I wouldn't go that far.

You can't say that he is "hands down" better than Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

There were also years that Chad was considered the best. 6x Pro Bowler, 3x All Pro, led the NFL in receiving once and the AFC 2x.
Chad was definitely top 3 every year starting from his 2nd year up to his 8th year. I think after Marvin Harrison, Chad was probably the best WR during those years. You could argue Steve Smith or Torry Holt were probably as good as Chad as well, but I would have taken Chad over those two. He made some freak catches while he was here for us. Plus, those guys were pretty much THE go to guy on their teams which meant more targets and receptions. Chad had TJ and Henry with him. TJ had the most receptions because of the double coverage opposing teams set up for Chad.
__________________
WHO DEY!!?!??

Last edited by bengalsfan2008; 11-21-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Bull Durham Bull Durham is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Chad is the only WR in NFL history to lead his conference in receiving yards four consecutive seasons.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Abspara's Avatar
Abspara Abspara is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rehab for Ignorance
Posts: 2,939
Rep Points: 2746
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I wouldn't go that far.

You can't say that he is "hands down" better than Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

There were also years that Chad was considered the best. 6x Pro Bowler, 3x All Pro, led the NFL in receiving once and the AFC 2x.
He is better than Fitz due to QB and opportunity, and a close second to Megatron.
__________________
_______________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,432
Rep Points: 44878
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I wouldn't go that far.

You can't say that he is "hands down" better than Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

There were also years that Chad was considered the best. 6x Pro Bowler, 3x All Pro, led the NFL in receiving once and the AFC 2x.

Yeah, Chad Johnson was a darn good player. That Ocho Cino character, on the other hand...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:57 PM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 10,793
Rep Points: 18694
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Chad is the only WR in NFL history to lead his conference in receiving yards four consecutive seasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
Chad was definitely top 3 every year starting from his 2nd year up to his 8th year. I think after Marvin Harrison, Chad was probably the best WR during those years. You could argue Steve Smith or Torry Holt were probably as good as Chad as well, but I would have taken Chad over those two. He made some freak catches while he was here for us. Plus, those guys were pretty much THE go to guy on their teams which meant more targets and receptions. Chad had TJ and Henry with him. TJ had the most receptions because of the double coverage opposing teams set up for Chad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I wouldn't go that far.

You can't say that he is "hands down" better than Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

There were also years that Chad was considered the best. 6x Pro Bowler, 3x All Pro, led the NFL in receiving once and the AFC 2x.
He just said that AJ's more talented than Chad was, which you can say Chad had better stats, but he also had Carson in his prime, TJ opposite him, and Slim drawing coverages (for a few years). AJ is faster than Chad was and, right now, has proven that he's just as good as Chad was at everything, especially the deep ball, which AJ should only improve.

I love the confidence that Marvin's showing and it wasn't a bad interview.
__________________
http://bradfritz.org/

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:31 AM
bengalsfan2008 bengalsfan2008 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,457
Rep Points: 1486
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
He just said that AJ's more talented than Chad was, which you can say Chad had better stats, but he also had Carson in his prime, TJ opposite him, and Slim drawing coverages (for a few years). AJ is faster than Chad was and, right now, has proven that he's just as good as Chad was at everything, especially the deep ball, which AJ should only improve.

I love the confidence that Marvin's showing and it wasn't a bad interview.
Oh, I am not saying Chad is/was better than AJ Green. I was just stating that while Chad was playing in his prime, he was top 3. AJ Green is literally the best WR right now in the NFL IMO. Yes, Calvin has more ability, Larry is more savvy, but AJ is a mixture of those two. He may not be AS dominating as Calvin, and he may not be AS savvy as Larry, but he has a perfect combination of both which i believe makes him better than both. By next season, no one will argue with me that AJ is the best WR in the NFL.
__________________
WHO DEY!!?!??
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:58 AM
yellowxdiscipline's Avatar
yellowxdiscipline yellowxdiscipline is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cincy
Posts: 8,393
Rep Points: 8736
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

This is AJ's second year and he is the best in the league... How many years did it take Chad to come on like that? I think a few. Ill give it that Chad may have been buried in the depth chart a little.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:56 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,773
Rep Points: 32199
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
I wouldn't go that far.

You can't say that he is "hands down" better than Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson.

There were also years that Chad was considered the best. 6x Pro Bowler, 3x All Pro, led the NFL in receiving once and the AFC 2x.
He is doing better than either of those too are this year. So right now hes better. (thats how it works in football.)
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:58 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,773
Rep Points: 32199
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
Oh, I am not saying Chad is/was better than AJ Green. I was just stating that while Chad was playing in his prime, he was top 3. AJ Green is literally the best WR right now in the NFL IMO. Yes, Calvin has more ability, Larry is more savvy, but AJ is a mixture of those two. He may not be AS dominating as Calvin, and he may not be AS savvy as Larry, but he has a perfect combination of both which i believe makes him better than both. By next season, no one will argue with me that AJ is the best WR in the NFL.
Lost in the convo for best WR is Andre Johnson due to Texans running game if he was on a pass happy team he would have amazing stats...

(almost 500 yards in 2 games that were 5 or 4 days apart)

But AJ has had the most consistant numbers all year.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Yeah, Chad Johnson was a darn good player. That Ocho Cino character, on the other hand...
Right on. Chad got us an offer of 2 first round picks fron the Redskins. Ochocinco gets cut from the Patriots and the Dolphins.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:26 AM
tenacious-B's Avatar
tenacious-B tenacious-B is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 1,869
Rep Points: 3276
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
Chad is the only WR in NFL history to lead his conference in receiving yards four consecutive seasons.
You are correct, sir. Chad was a great player and I hope he gets another shot in the NFL to prove he still has something left in the tank.
__________________
gold jacket? green jacket? who gives a ****?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Slappy from New Haven's Avatar
Slappy from New Haven Slappy from New Haven is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Cackalaky
Posts: 12,404
Rep Points: 17152
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
This is AJ's second year and he is the best in the league... How many years did it take Chad to come on like that? I think a few. Ill give it that Chad may have been buried in the depth chart a little.
I love AJ but he is not the best in the league, he is up there but not the best. Give Larry Fitz a QB to work with and he is better, Megatron, Roddy white, etc.

Won;t be long though
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,718
Rep Points: 29086
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
He just said that AJ's more talented than Chad was, which you can say Chad had better stats, but he also had Carson in his prime, TJ opposite him, and Slim drawing coverages (for a few years). AJ is faster than Chad was and, right now, has proven that he's just as good as Chad was at everything, especially the deep ball, which AJ should only improve.

I love the confidence that Marvin's showing and it wasn't a bad interview.
Chad had 1355 yards and 10 tds in 2003. That was with Jon Kitna playing QB, Peter Warrick as the other starting WR and no Slim. Chad was an awesome WR, period. Just leave it at that.
__________________
Dash cam footage of LeGarrette Blount and LeVeon Bell prior to their arrest:

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 13,718
Rep Points: 29086
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
I love AJ but he is not the best in the league, he is up there but not the best. Give Larry Fitz a QB to work with and he is better, Megatron, Roddy white, etc.

Won;t be long though
AJ is close, but I'm not ready to say he's better than Calvin. (I hope bfine doesn't see this).
__________________
Dash cam footage of LeGarrette Blount and LeVeon Bell prior to their arrest:

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-23-2012, 12:19 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 33,773
Rep Points: 32199
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Chad had 1355 yards and 10 tds in 2003. That was with Jon Kitna playing QB, Peter Warrick as the other starting WR and no Slim. Chad was an awesome WR, period. Just leave it at that.
exactly...

You cant really compare 2 WRs from different years when the entire team they played on was different. you really cant alot factors into a WRs success not just their talent level.
__________________

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 PM
FootballBender FootballBender is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyrule
Posts: 646
Rep Points: 521
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCMehayward View Post
I was a lil shocked he answered the question about Chad and Green... I just knew he was gonna dance around that... But he answered it straight forward.. Nice. No question AJ is better than chad. Even in Chads best years he wasnt considered the BEST. Just top 5. AJ is no question the best WR in the league RIGHT NOW.
It would've been cooler if Marvin said Chad Johnson was a top 5 WR with all his credentials and Chad Ochocinco was a BUM!

AJ rocks and glad he's a Bengal!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Tommy Casanova 72-77 Tommy Casanova 72-77 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,453
Rep Points: 1251
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Chad also disappeared in a lot of big games as well. We will see if AJ does that or not.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Truck_1_0_1_'s Avatar
Truck_1_0_1_ Truck_1_0_1_ is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,420
Rep Points: 17190
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Casanova 72-77 View Post
Chad also disappeared in a lot of big games as well. We will see if AJ does that or not.
I catch for 8 yards against Pitt.

Nothing in the playoffs.

Guys double cover our top guys; they don't "disappear."
__________________


Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Tommy Casanova 72-77 Tommy Casanova 72-77 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,453
Rep Points: 1251
Default Re: Marvin on NBC, PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
I catch for 8 yards against Pitt.

Nothing in the playoffs.

Guys double cover our top guys; they don't "disappear."

Guys whop are as high profile....big time at their post...and considered Top 5 WR.... usually find a way to make their presence known more than he did in big games. Is that a better term than disappear for you?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.