Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 59
Default Curious

Name a mock u expect to happen not want
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169
Default Re: Curious

Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25303

I'd name it Chester
Old 11-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 487

First Round Outlined

I ranked these based on ESPNs current power rankings and their needs according to my general knowledge and Mel Kiper. This is the way I see the first round playing out, but not necessarily the way I'd like it to...

1. Cheifs - Matt Barkley (QB-USC): I think the Cheifs are a prime candidate for trading back because as we so clearly saw this weekend QB is their biggest need. That being said I think Barkley is the best available and thus they can trade back for him

2. Jaguars - Jarvis Jones (OLB-UGA): Easily the BPA that also fits a need. I know people on here want him to fall to us, but unless he has an awful combine I don't see him out of the top 3

3. Browns - Chance Warmack (G-Bama): I think the Browns are praying Jones falls to them in this scenario, but like they seemingly do every year I see them trading back. Warmack is a top ten pick and of the Browns many needs seemed to fit as the BPA that filled a big need.

4. Panthers - Star Lotulelei (DT-UT): Easily could go first overall to the cheifs should they not be offered a deal worthy of the first overall pick, or they aren't in love with Barkley which after this season is likely.

5. Raiders - Manti Te'o (MLB-ND): I think Te'o could also tumble down into the 10-15 range depending on combine performance. The Raiders have a need more for a pass rush, but with how high Te'o is currently trending its hard for me to shake the ghost of Al Davis calling for the hype.

6. Eagles - Luke Joeckel (OT-TAMU): The Eagles O-line is atrocious and could really benefit from an elite tackle like this

7. Rams - Taylor Lewan (OT-Mich): I think Sam Bradford wishes he had his line from OU back because he hasn't been able to breathe under the weight of all the dlineman that keep hitting him.

8. Cardinals - Geno Smith (QB-WVU): Does anyone think John Skelton is the answer? I don't think the Cardinals do either. They could also use an upgrade on the line and if Warmack is available they would certainly want him

9. Bills - Justin Hunter (WR-Tenn): IMHO the best WR in the draft. He could make a fast impact at this level and is as good as Blackmon was coming out of college. Stevie Johnson isn't enough to prop up this offense. QB is also a big need with Fitzpatrick under center currently

10. Titans - Damontre Moore (DE-TAMU): Titans really need to improve their defense and will do so with either a CB or a DE. I think that if Moore falls this far (I see him as a workout warrior) then they will want him over Dee Millner.

11. Jets - Barkevious Mingo (DE-LSU): Great potential with little finish. He could really benefit from another year in college but when you will go this high why would you. Jets D is actually their strength but still could use an elite pass rusher

12. Chargers - Dee Milner (CB-Bama): Best Corner in the draft right now. Chargers D could use a facelift and Milner would be a good fit for the scheme. Question is does the new coach bring in a new system.

13. Dolphins - Robert Woods (WR-USC): Miami has to upgrade at the reciever position and without a top flight option in this draft I think they take on the guy with the most potential. This pick reminds me of the Tannehill one. Woods has shown at USC he can make ridiculous plays the question is more if he would be there in the second.

14. Lions - Kenny Vaccaro (S- TX): Lions will spend this pick on D its just a question of where. I think safety is a huge need and if a guy like this is there I can't imagine they'd let him pass unless they still have a hole at DE after free agency.

15. Vikings (redskins) - Bjoern Werner (DE- FSU): This would be a great pick up for them and when you think they get another mid round pick next year too, I'm starting to wonder if RGIII was worth it. Vikings will go BPA but I think that is easily Bjoern Werner.

16. Bengals - Alec Ogletree (MLB - UGA): He is a true sideline to sideline defender that can play any of the three LB spots, making him flexible with Burfict. I personally would rather have a DE here because I think there is value in the second, but I dont think any of the remaining DEs are worth the pick.

17. Cowboys - Jonathan Cooper (G - UNC): I think DeMarco Murray would appreciate this pick and I think Tony Romo would wonder how he got to keep his job, but cooper is a big strong guard that displays above average athleticism.

18. Colts - Jonathan Jenkins (DT - UGA): The lack of real mobility will drop him down the ranks on draft day but certainly not out of the first round. He is more of a NT than a true DT and he has been a great anchor that demands a double team at Georgia.

19. Vikings - Keenan Allen (WR - Cal): Paired with Percy Harvin I think Ponder might orgasm. They shored up the line last year and early in this draft took care of the DE position, their only other major need is a CB. Not sure Allen is worthy of the 19th overall pick but not sure there is anyone else that would fill this big of a hole

20. Saints - Jonathan Banks (CB - MSST): Not sure what Sean payton sees as their biggest need from his couch, but according to Kiper CB is the big one. I could also see Corradine from FSU here but I think Banks will shoot up the draft late

21. Seahawks - Dallas Thomas (OT-Tenn): If we lose AS I'd be ok with this guy out of UT. He stoned Jarvis Jones for most of the day in Athens. Violent hands and quick feet for a big man.

22. Steelers - Sam Mongumery (DE-LSU): If he has a great combine I think he might go 10 picks higher, but based on his body of work this season I wouldn't take him in the top 20. Steelers D is aging and the pass rush could use a boost.

23. Bucs - Jadevon Clowney (DE-SC): I havn't heard much about him in draft conversations this year but his ability top take over games is amoung the best in the SEC. Could make a serious move come draft weekend

24. Giants - Ezikel Ansah (DE-BYU): Scouts are raving about him now and I can see him getting much better in the NFL. Unpolished talent that has one of the biggest upsides in the draft.

25. Patriots - Xavier Rhodes (CB-FSU): Pats continue to build the D and let Brady carry the O. Rhodes is a stud and could make a huge difference in their pass d. I wouldn't be shocked if closer to the draft he makes a stefan gillmore like climb.

26. Broncos - Sheldon Richardson (DT-Mizz): Hasn't had the explosive season that was expected due to a faster SEC game, but still a mamouth in the middle. Broncos could use him to attack the backfield on non-passing downs

27. Bears - Zach Ertz (TE-Stan): Bears could use a quick outlet for Cutler and anyone who can block. Ertz is a great TE and will follow in Fleeners footsteps as an early round draft pick.

28. Ravens - CJ Mosley (LB-Bama): Depending on the combine he could go much higher but I think he over pursues too often. Would be a big addition to the Ravens depelted LB core without Lewis. Plus he and upshaw would be reunited.

29. Packers - Barrett Jones (C-Bama): This kid will make a pro bowl if he continues on his current path and the packers would do well to replace Saturday who is on the verge of retirement

30. 49ers - Kuanne Short (DT-Purdue): He is highly rated but I havn't seen him play. He also fits a need along their line

31. Falcons - Sylvester Williams (DT-UNC): Has played extremely well all season and could be very disruptive at the next level

32. Texans - Tavon Austin (WR-WVU): Geno Smith's favorite target and although his size is a concern he could really take pressure off Andre Johnson

Last edited by BengalDawg; 11-20-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2012, 10:00 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6678

There is no way that an OG goes #3 overall.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
There is no way that an OG goes #3 overall.

Hence why I said they would stay in the 3 spot for jones or trade back. They don't have a big enough need at any of the other spots that are worthy of a top 5 pick.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6678

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDawg View Post
Hence why I said they would stay in the 3 spot for jones or trade back. They don't have a big enough need at any of the other spots that are worthy of a top 5 pick.
It still makes no sense to give them an OG at #3.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Fujita's career is probably over, and the Browns could add Jarvis Jones to his spot.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9391

Quote:
Barrett Jones will be the top drafted Olineman, he has played and succeeded at all three positions. That type of value is immeasurable.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:21 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Barrett Jones will be the top drafted Olineman, he has played and succeeded at all three positions. That type of value is immeasurable.
Luke Joeckel will be the top drafted OL barring injury.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18360

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Chance Warmack says hello.

He's the better talent, he's just not as versatile at Barret.

And Jones is an awesome player himself.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-23-2012, 03:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1738

Joeckel > Warmack > Jones

In terms of draft order.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Joeckel > Warmack > Jones

In terms of draft order.
And probably a few more. Jones won't have a defined position which will ultimately hurt him.
I think he is best suited for LG.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19260

If you're expecting it to happen, then why would you think it won't?

Doesn't that contradict itself?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 64
bengals Re: Curious

Jadaveon Clowney is not eligible to come out this year...If he was, he would be going top 10!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by stollct View Post
Jadaveon Clowney is not eligible to come out this year...If he was, he would be going top 10!
Good catch.

He will be a top 3 pick when he decides to come out.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Good catch.

He will be a top 3 pick when he decides to come out.
Unless there is an Andrew Luck QB or the team picking #1 overall ABSOLUTELY needs a QB, he should go #1.

I will be forever saddened like I have been with Dorsey if a 3-4 team takes him and wastes him.