Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 345
Default Brandon Jenkins

I understand he suffered a season ending injury but that might help us. His injury wasnt a knee injury which to me is somewhat of a relief. I still think he will be a beast tweener rush end linebacker in the league and a steal in the second. If he fell to us in the second round would you take him with pick 1, of 2?

1. ILB M. Teo-The terminator would be an immediate plug n play n pro bowl
2a. LB/DE Brandon Jenkins/Sean Porter Good tweeners and i want one on our team.
2b. S Kenny Vaccaro/Tony Jefferson/B. Rambo we need a safety and here is 3.
3.RB Eddie Lacey/Montee Ball/Branden Oliver(if he Decl) 3 down backs, we need 1.
4.3DRB Dri Archer/J. Franklin/K.Barner. homerun hitters. we need a new 1-2 punch
5. ILB Mike Mauti Would add more solid depth in our LB rotation...love this guy!
6. QB Denard Robinson I couldnt imagine having this guy in our back pocket!
7. WR K. Wilson- His issues aside, the guy has talent. Hes def worth the pick here.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 49866
Default Re: Brandon Jenkins

I don't like this mock for the fact that it has 0 linemen in it.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

bengals Re: Brandon Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
I don't like this mock for the fact that it has 0 linemen in it.
any chance you could answer the question??? If Brandon jenkins fell to us would you take him with our 1st of 2 picks??? O lineman is something id rather address in free agency, but i would also sacrifice a later pick for an o lineman but thats it...we have bigger problems.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2541

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPChrisHenry View Post
I understand he suffered a season ending injury but that might help us. His injury wasnt a knee injury which to me is somewhat of a relief. I still think he will be a beast tweener rush end linebacker in the league and a steal in the second. If he fell to us in the second round would you take him with pick 1, of 2?

1. ILB M. Teo-The terminator would be an immediate plug n play n pro bowl
2a. LB/DE Brandon Jenkins/Sean Porter Good tweeners and i want one on our team.
2b. S Kenny Vaccaro/Tony Jefferson/B. Rambo we need a safety and here is 3.
3.RB Eddie Lacey/Montee Ball/Branden Oliver(if he Decl) 3 down backs, we need 1.
4.3DRB Dri Archer/J. Franklin/K.Barner. homerun hitters. we need a new 1-2 punch
5. ILB Mike Mauti Would add more solid depth in our LB rotation...love this guy!
6. QB Denard Robinson I couldnt imagine having this guy in our back pocket!
7. WR K. Wilson- His issues aside, the guy has talent. Hes def worth the pick here.
Isn't he already a 2-3 round guy? If so with the injury he will probably drop some more so no I don't see the point in using our 1st 2nd round pick on the guy. Same with Porter.

1-2a. As for the entire draft, I think we will be fine with Howard - Burfict - FA/Draft for our LBs so I don't see MLB as a huge need. In 2 I would be fine at grabbing an OLB but those 2 seem to be reaches.

2b. Like Vaccaro.

3. Not a huge fan of Lacy or Ball, if Lacy is there in 3 which he shouldn't be but if he is then Id be okay with that, Don't want Ball. I think we need more of a shifty RB with real speed not a pounder which we have with BJGE.

4. Dri Archer seems like a reach here, guy is tiny 5-8 160 pounds is beyond tiny, Seems like a return guy we should look at 6 - UDFA imo.

5. Didnt he just have a big injury after already coming off of one last year? Also see him listed as a 6-7 round guy so another reach.

6. Dont mind this pick, but Id rather look somewhere else, I think Sanu can be used the same ways he is and we wouldnt have to waste a pick or a roster spot.

7?. Do we have a 7th? Anyway I was a fan of this guy before but now Ill pass, dont want a guy who walks out like he did.

So thats my thoughts on the draft, seems like alot of reaches.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
Isn't he already a 2-3 round guy? If so with the injury he will probably drop some more so no I don't see the point in using our 1st 2nd round pick on the guy. Same with Porter.

1-2a. As for the entire draft, I think we will be fine with Howard - Burfict - FA/Draft for our LBs so I don't see MLB as a huge need. In 2 I would be fine at grabbing an OLB but those 2 seem to be reaches.

2b. Like Vaccaro.

3. Not a huge fan of Lacy or Ball, if Lacy is there in 3 which he shouldn't be but if he is then Id be okay with that, Don't want Ball. I think we need more of a shifty RB with real speed not a pounder which we have with BJGE.

4. Dri Archer seems like a reach here, guy is tiny 5-8 160 pounds is beyond tiny, Seems like a return guy we should look at 6 - UDFA imo.

5. Didnt he just have a big injury after already coming off of one last year? Also see him listed as a 6-7 round guy so another reach.

6. Dont mind this pick, but Id rather look somewhere else, I think Sanu can be used the same ways he is and we wouldnt have to waste a pick or a roster spot.

7?. Do we have a 7th? Anyway I was a fan of this guy before but now Ill pass, dont want a guy who walks out like he did.

So thats my thoughts on the draft, seems like alot of reaches.

well i guess i got what i wanted out of this...i cant seem to find a scouting site that has their projections...hence the reaches. i guess these picks just posses what i want us to do in the draft...
Old 11-23-2012, 11:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17152

I think Vaccaro's stock will rise into the 1st, and Jenkins is projected 3rd by a lot of places I've seen because of his injury, although he's 1st round talent, its still a gamble and maybe a time investment. I wouldnt mind seeing something like this in the first 4..

1. Kenny Vaccaro SS
2. Giovani Bernard RB
2. Chase Thomas OLB (or Skov, they are both great LB's for Stanford)
3 Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB -He could end up being a very good pass rusher off the edge.
4. Cyril Richardson OT/OG

Last edited by djam; 11-24-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:21 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24332

I like Jenkins as a deal, but not enough to jump the gun and take him early, as you did in your mock.

3rd round or later, and I'm okay with the selection. Any earlier, and the Bengals are pulling another Jerome Simpson without the PR of "big hands."
Old 11-24-2012, 12:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26220

Was never a fan of Jenkins.
Wouldn't be especially after the injury.