Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8648
Default Going over all my music

I backed up all the music I had on my computer before in did a clean install of Wndows 8. Then last night, I transferred it all from off the external back onto the hard drive, which took over 3 hours to do, lol. Anyway, I decided tonight that I should go through it all and take out the multiples that I know I have. Windows 8 makes it rather easy to do this, plus if I mess up, I still have it all on the external.

Ok, so I'm up to the "I"'s looking for multiples. I come to "(I Know) I'm Losing You" and I have 7 of them, lol, but I'm keeping 5 since two are by Rare Earth, 2 by Rod Stewert and 1 by the Temptations. One by Rare Earth is 3 something minutes long and the other is 10 something minutes long. I don't know if I've ever heard this version before, lol.

I suspect when all is said and done, I'll have a hundred or so over 38,000 songs. Man that's a lot, lol.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: Going over all my music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
I backed up all the music I had on my computer before in did a clean install of Wndows 8. Then last night, I transferred it all from off the external back onto the hard drive, which took over 3 hours to do, lol. Anyway, I decided tonight that I should go through it all and take out the multiples that I know I have. Windows 8 makes it rather easy to do this, plus if I mess up, I still have it all on the external.

Ok, so I'm up to the "I"'s looking for multiples. I come to "(I Know) I'm Losing You" and I have 7 of them, lol, but I'm keeping 5 since two are by Rare Earth, 2 by Rod Stewert and 1 by the Temptations. One by Rare Earth is 3 something minutes long and the other is 10 something minutes long. I don't know if I've ever heard this version before, lol.

I suspect when all is said and done, I'll have a hundred or so over 38,000 songs. Man that's a lot, lol.
Average song length is what, 4:00 minutes?

X
-----------

152,000 minutes /60= 2533.3333333 hours of tunes, roughly.

That's some serious music time!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Average song length is what, 4:00 minutes?

X
-----------

152,000 minutes /60= 2533.3333333 hours of tunes, roughly.

That's some serious music time!
I had and old player a long time ago and it would add up the total time. Back then, I had 71 days of nonstop music. I've added much more, but don't have a player that adds up the time. Most songs are 4-5 minutes long but I have songs that are 10, 15 and 20 minutes long. I think the longest song I have is "Shine on you crazy diamond" by Pink Flloyd, it's 27 minutes long, lol.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
I have songs that are 10, 15 and 20 minutes long.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor, lol
Old 11-24-2012, 12:06 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 277

That is a lot! 38K songs as you must be a music buff! One music buff to another!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
That is a lot! 38K songs as you must be a music buff! One music buff to another!
I love all music and will sit and listen all day long but especially while I'm playing a video game.

I don't have a favorite genre though since it changes every day with what type of mood I'm in. I just heard "Gigolos need love too" by the Time and man I love that song, lol. Then it switched to "B.Y.O.B." by System of a Down and man, I love that song too.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
Neb's African-American? And listens to Pink Floyd?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5125

Quote:

I did the same thing a few months ago...lots of dupes didnt know I had. I probably have half of what you have.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
hahha...I saw that band in Columbus when I was college. A friend of mine claimed that they were 'amazing'. I thought they were mind numbingly pretntious and boring. I mean, they friggin sat down while they were playing!

I also saw Queens of the Stone Age with And You Will Know us by the Trail of Dead in Columbus that year...which was amazing and made up for that snoozefest.

Last edited by D.Boon; 11-24-2012 at 10:55 AM.