Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1039
Default We are in the presence of greatness!

As Bengal fans we are in the presence of greatness every time AJ Green and Geno Atkins take the field wearing our colors. These young men are seriously unreal and both have an opportunity to become legends. I know they have a long way to go but they have showed me nothing that would allow me doubt their abilities. Atkins and AJ Green are superstars in the making and the kind of talent that franchises dream about.

I could drop a ton of stats comparing these young bucks to all-time greats at their positions at this point in their careers. I am tempted but I will not go that route. I understand the Bengals fan base is as fragile as they come. If you are not as super excited as a horny pimple faced teen on prom night being a Bengals fan getting to watch these guys play on Sundays, Mondays and sometimes Thursdays you are broken inside. I can not wait to see what AJ and Geno are going do for the the rest of the season.

This is a new kind of superstar for the Bengals. Soft spoken and humble off the field but all out competitors that win way more than they lose on game days. The lack of headline smack these guys feed the media has kept them both a secret for the most part. The fantasy football world has known about AJ Green since he arrived in the NFL but Geno is relativity unknown by most NFL fans. Let’s hope the amount of attention the media gave AJ for the holes in the Giants defense gibber jabber does not lead to more bulletin board quotes from AJ. I never thought the statement was worthy of the reaction Antrel Rolle gave to reporters during the week. We all know Rolle had his chance to deal with AJ and I think we know how that turned out.

WHO DEY!!!

Check out: http://bengalsnfldraft.blogspot.com/ @WHO_DEY_DOUGH on twitter

Old 11-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2980
Default Re: We are in the presence of greatness!

Yes they both are on special players. I think AJ is a once in 5-8 year WR and as long as they keep a capable QB throwing the ball to him the sky is the limit. I think Chad was a great WR, but AJ has something that you are born with and only very few have it.

Geno is a great story because he didn't come in as a 1st rounder and isn't named Sue. There are only a handful of guys that can block him one on one.

Start saving now Mike cause these two need to have long Bengal careers.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24442

My sister is a Patriot's fan, but doesn't follow much football. She watches the games on Sunday, that's about it.

I had a hard time explaining AJ to her today. She's lives in Ft. Lauderdale, and she knows of Chad. I told her he was better than Chad without all the showboating. Once Andy starts getting more accurate with the deep ball, it's going to be amazing.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:23 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9859

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
My sister is a Patriot's fan, but doesn't follow much football. She watches the games on Sunday, that's about it.

I had a hard time explaining AJ to her today. She's lives in Ft. Lauderdale, and she knows of Chad. I told her he was better than Chad without all the showboating. Once Andy starts getting more accurate with the deep ball, it's going to be amazing.
Thing is everyone questioned Andy's ability to get it deep, but we've seen him throw it deep time and time again. Now all he has to do is fine tune it.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7949

Those 2 are the stars in a sea of blue, but the way these guys have played of late...Im not singleing anyone out. They have been playing as a team and I want that comradery to continue...I think they all need a pat on the back. WHO DEY!!

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13577

AJ is a stud. Could even be one of the all time NFL Greats, if not the.

Already a Bengal great in my opinion.

But agree that "team play"is what is getting done right now. But AJ is the icing.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 29384

Mike Brown better open his wallet and say, "AAAAAH!" the next time AJ Green's contract is up. If he doesn't, I can see Bob Kraft or Jerry Jones opening a Swiss bank account to pay him.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

My bad. I read the title and thought this was about me. lol

Seriously, you are right. A.J. is skilled beyond normal humans.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14535

These two guys are awesome to watch. You know they are good when even here in the middle of Stooler Country, Stooler fans talk to me about how good they are.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 11-24-2012, 10:55 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24059

Green would really shine with a better QB, o-line, and running game. Currently, due to the playcalling and Dalton's inability to work through his reads, he is limited. I credit much of Andy's success to Green being such a playmaker.

That said, AJ has a ways to go to eclipsing what Chad did here. Hopefully he will break records and approach what Ocho achieved here, but that is still a long ways away.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Location: So far out that the Sun sets between my place & town
Rep Points: 7238

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Green would really shine with a better QB, o-line, and running game. Currently, due to the playcalling and Dalton's inability to work through his reads, he is limited. I credit much of Andy's success to Green being such a playmaker.

That said, AJ has a ways to go to eclipsing what Chad did here. Hopefully he will break records and approach what Ocho achieved here, but that is still a long ways away.
You can be such a wet blanket a lot of times. So, are you saying that AJ Green is not a great player yet? I don't care who the QB is, or what Chad Johnson has done. AJ Green is special. Where he ends up in the NFL record books remains to be seen, but right now at this moment in time, he is likely the most athletic player at his position in all of sports.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

You can be such a wet blanket a lot of times. So, are you saying that AJ Green is not a great player yet? I don't care who the QB is, or what Chad Johnson has done. AJ Green is special. Where he ends up in the NFL record books remains to be seen, but right now at this moment in time, he is likely the most athletic player at his position in all of sports.

Re-read my post.

I stated that he is not as good as Chad yet, and that he would be even better within a better offense.

No he is not the most athletic, as it is his physical gifts, size and whatnot, that make him exceptional. Just because he is a Bengals doesn't make his the best at something. Similarly, just because he isn't the best, doesn't mean he's not good. Green has a great ceiling and we haven't seen his best football yet.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18623

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBENGALfanatic View Post
As Bengal fans we are in the presence of greatness every time AJ Green and Geno Atkins take the field wearing our colors. These young men are seriously unreal and both have an opportunity to become legends. I know they have a long way to go but they have showed me nothing that would allow me doubt their abilities. Atkins and AJ Green are superstars in the making and the kind of talent that franchises dream about.

I could drop a ton of stats comparing these young bucks to all-time greats at their positions at this point in their careers. I am tempted but I will not go that route. I understand the Bengals fan base is as fragile as they come. If you are not as super excited as a horny pimple faced teen on prom night being a Bengals fan getting to watch these guys play on Sundays, Mondays and sometimes Thursdays you are broken inside. I can not wait to see what AJ and Geno are going do for the the rest of the season.

This is a new kind of superstar for the Bengals. Soft spoken and humble off the field but all out competitors that win way more than they lose on game days. The lack of headline smack these guys feed the media has kept them both a secret for the most part. The fantasy football world has known about AJ Green since he arrived in the NFL but Geno is relativity unknown by most NFL fans. Let’s hope the amount of attention the media gave AJ for the holes in the Giants defense gibber jabber does not lead to more bulletin board quotes from AJ. I never thought the statement was worthy of the reaction Antrel Rolle gave to reporters during the week. We all know Rolle had his chance to deal with AJ and I think we know how that turned out.

WHO DEY!!!
How much did Mike Brown pay you to post this?
Old 11-24-2012, 12:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Location: So far out that the Sun sets between my place & town
Rep Points: 7238

Quote:

Re-read my post.

I stated that he is not as good as Chad yet, and that he would be even better within a better offense.

No he is not the most athletic, as it is his physical gifts, size and whatnot, that make him exceptional. Just because he is a Bengals doesn't make his the best at something. Similarly, just because he isn't the best, doesn't mean he's not good. Green has a great ceiling and we haven't seen his best football yet.
I read your post just fine. My statement stands. The OP poster said that we are in the presense of greatness, and I agree. I will agree with you in that we haven't seen the best from AJ yet, but to down play what he has already brought to the table, and to not recognize his insane athletic talents using anyones measuring stick is just blindness. AJ has Superstar written all over him, and not because he is a Bengal. Enjoy what you are witnessing without the cynicism, somebody like AJ is not an every season occurence.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

I read your post just fine. My statement stands. The OP poster said that we are in the presense of greatness, and I agree. I will agree with you in that we haven't seen the best from AJ yet, but to down play what he has already brought to the table, and to not recognize his insane athletic talents using anyones measuring stick is just blindness. AJ has Superstar written all over him, and not because he is a Bengal. Enjoy what you are witnessing without the cynicism, somebody like AJ is not an every season occurence.

If you read it fine, how did you fail to comprehend what I was saying, and had to ask if I thought he was a great player or not? Nothing I stated was false, unlike some responses...

Further, you try to make AJ something he's not, "most athletic player at his position in all of sports" with zero evidence. Again, no idea why people falsely try and build up players when it is not needed.

Reality is not cynicism. It is simply reality. Please, if you insist on furthering this, evidence your position with more than simply attacking my views with labels of "wet blanket" and the like.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karp View Post
Rugby is correct; he hasn't surpassed Chad yet; nobody can surpass a career like Chad's in 2 seasons.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

A WR in the first round is a wasted pick. They can't impact a game. Especially since we don't have a QB to throw it to him.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17807

Quote:

Andy is 5th in the league in TD passes and has a 92 rating. I think you can credit team play for both of their success. Not bad for Andy's second year

And yes. they make each other better!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
A WR in the first round is a wasted pick. They can't impact a game. Especially since we don't have a QB to throw it to him.
Shut up.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

And why would we draft Geno Atkins? Another DT? I mean come on, we have a bigger need at safety! We could have gotten a mediocre backup safety instead at a position we need instead of a pro bowl DT. Everyone knows you draft to fill needs instead of the players who will have big impacts.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
So much fail in only 3 short sentences.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-24-2012, 01:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karp View Post
I don't agree with what he said about Dalton but i do agree about Chad. People forget how much he was loved and what was expected of him at the end of the '05 season. Everyone loved his playful antics and the pace he was on as an elite WR. It wasn't until the '08 off season that things went south.

AJ is right where Chad was, back in the day, without the bad antics that followed. Hope AJ maintains that course and is able to sustain it the way Chad did on the field.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3022

I remember when I first started really getting into NFL football, and the Bengals for that matter since I liked them from the start, I used to get excited beyond belief to watch Chad. I loved his antics, and thought it was even better that his play could back up his talk. The only other player to give me that level of exciting is Green. It's too early to call him better than Chad, but I firmly believe that Green will break Chad's records and cement himself in Bengal and NFL history.

Atkins just makes me laugh he's good. There are times he just throws lineman like ragdolls like the sack he had against the Steelers. Whether the team wins or not, I enjoy watching the game simply because I get to watch these two play, and that's something I never thought I'd be able to say.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 11-24-2012, 01:40 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Rugby is correct; he hasn't surpassed Chad yet; nobody can surpass a career like Chad's in 2 seasons.
What should be said is AJ Green's first 2 seasons are way better than Chad's first 2 seasons, AJ was an immediate breakout to end up in the Pro Bowl his rookie year and soon to be this season as well whereas Chad didn't breakout on the NFL stage until his 3rd year

but to be fair AJ was the 4th overall pick where you can almost expect accolades like this for where he was picked and Chad was a 2nd rounder where it's rare to have as much success as he had (Drew Brees was picked 4 picks before him)
Old 11-24-2012, 01:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
What should be said is AJ Green's first 2 seasons are way better than Chad's first 2 seasons, AJ was an immediate breakout to end up in the Pro Bowl his rookie year and soon to be this season as well whereas Chad didn't breakout on the NFL stage until his 3rd year

but to be fair AJ was the 4th overall pick where you can almost expect accolades like this for where he was picked and Chad was a 2nd rounder where it's rare to have as much success as he had (Drew Brees was picked 4 picks before him)
You don't consider 1166 yards and 5 scores to be "breaking out"? AJ had 1057 yards last year, so if you consider that to be breaking out, then you also have to consider Chad's 2nd season his breakout year.

Sure it wasn't on par with what Chad did later on, but I was pretty stoked about Chad after 2002.

Sig by CinWillWin

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-24-2012 at 01:48 PM.