Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: How will you react to Palmer on Sunday?
Cheer 13 18.06%
No Response 21 29.17%
Boo 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2012, 12:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19198
Default Re: If Going to the Game; Do This When CP Throws Pk6

I wanna see one pick 6 and then I want to see Carson pull back to throw and MJ either take the ball from his hand or just bat his arm so the ball flies up and someone grabs it mid-air and takes it back for six
Old 11-23-2012, 02:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1917
Default Re: Carson Palmer in our next home game

Palmer said when he played chargers. Players were happy to have left here. Who was he referring to. Only 1 I can think of is Takeo Spikes.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Palmer said when he played chargers. Players were happy to have left here. Who was he referring to. Only 1 I can think of is Takeo Spikes.
There are more than a few players who made a big stink about playing here in the Mike Brown era.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5275

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Not 100% sure but I believe Takeo Spikes may be the longest active player who has never played in a playoff game

If true that would be very ironic lol
Old 11-23-2012, 10:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Not 100% sure but I believe Takeo Spikes may be the longest active player who has never played in a playoff game

If true that would be very ironic lol
TKO is just mad the Bengals have made the playoffs and he hasn't. Serves him right.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
TKO is just mad the Bengals have made the playoffs and he hasn't. Serves him right.
No it does not. Spikes plays with more heart and passion than most. That's why he left here, others were just paycheck collectors. He didn't want to be like that. Same situation as with Carson. Carson puts his all into it and others don't, and I doubt that will ever change until there's some significant changes in the way the entire organization is ran.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M (the other one) View Post
No it does not. Spikes plays with more heart and passion than most. That's why he left here, others were just paycheck collectors. He didn't want to be like that. Same situation as with Carson. Carson puts his all into it and others don't, and I doubt that will ever change until there's some significant changes in the way the entire organization is ran.
I loathe Mike Brown, but I will never side with players who demand their way out of here.

When they do that, they become part of the problem by adding to our bad reputation. Mike Brown is not going to change because of a disgruntled player.

He's too much of a hard headed ******* for that.

Sig by CinWillWin

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-24-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5275

Got some free tix in sec 104, going to Cheer Palmer when he is announced
Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41539
Default Re: Carson Palmer.........Wasted Victories

Bumped for the Oakland game
Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10585

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Bumped for the Oakland game
Hopefully Geno bumps Carson's punk *** back to Cali.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-25-2012, 02:50 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Raiders now 7-13 (.350) since the trade (started 4-2 with Jason Campbell).

Bengals 14-12 (.538) since he left.

Marvin Lewis now 28-28-1 without Palmer overall. Had a losing record with him.

Palmer has a 36-51 (.414) record as starter since that magical 2005 season that everyone loves to look back on.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-25-2012, 07:43 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 468

Quote:
In 2010 alone:

Week 4 @ Cleveland: CP fumbles in Cleveland territory in the fourth quarter LOST GAME 20-23

Week 5 vs. Tampa Bay: Throws an INT for a TD in first half, throws two INTs in fourth quarter (one of them coming on the potential game-winning drive with under 2:00 left) LOST GAME 21-24

Week 8 vs. Miami: 17-38 for 156 yards, throws an INT on potential game-tying drive in fourth quarter after the defense held Miami to one TD and five FGs LOST GAME 14-22

Week 10 vs. Indy: Throws an INT for a TD in the first half, throws two fourth-quarter INTs after the defense held Indy to one TD and three FGs LOST GAME 17-23

Week 13 @ Pittsburgh: Throws two INTs for TDs as defense holds Pittsburgh to three FGs LOST GAME 7-23

Week 17 @ Baltimore: Throws a red zone INT to end the first half, fumbles the ball on first potential game-winning drive in fourth quarter, overthrows a wide-open receiver on fourth down in red zone with under :15 left LOST GAME 7-13

Please read this, I actually have something interesting to say and I have confidence that I am correct in this crazy idea.

I remember that overthrown pass at the end of the game and the first thing that went through was head was, "Well at least we get a higher draft pick now." That pass was so easy to make, it was just a simple swing pass to an open running back, Cedric Peerman, if I remember correctly. That pass was much too easy for a profession QB to completely miss. It didn't really make sense to me. Then shortly after this game Carson told Mike Brown that he wasn't going to play for the Bengals anymore. He probably had these plans before the game. The point is, I think he missed this pass on PURPOSE because he wanted us to have a slightly higher draft pick, making it easier for us to draft his replacement and making it easier to trade him. It makes sense to me, this game was meaningless anyway as we were already out of the playoffs. Loosing this game benefited Palmer more than Winning it. Perhaps I am crazy, but ****. Is there a possibility that I am correct? Thoughts please!!!

Last edited by Weazzel80; 11-25-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8834

Quote:
In 2010 alone:

Week 4 @ Cleveland: CP fumbles in Cleveland territory in the fourth quarter LOST GAME 20-23

Week 5 vs. Tampa Bay: Throws an INT for a TD in first half, throws two INTs in fourth quarter (one of them coming on the potential game-winning drive with under 2:00 left) LOST GAME 21-24

Week 8 vs. Miami: 17-38 for 156 yards, throws an INT on potential game-tying drive in fourth quarter after the defense held Miami to one TD and five FGs LOST GAME 14-22

Week 10 vs. Indy: Throws an INT for a TD in the first half, throws two fourth-quarter INTs after the defense held Indy to one TD and three FGs LOST GAME 17-23

Week 13 @ Pittsburgh: Throws two INTs for TDs as defense holds Pittsburgh to three FGs LOST GAME 7-23

Week 17 @ Baltimore: Throws a red zone INT to end the first half, fumbles the ball on first potential game-winning drive in fourth quarter, overthrows a wide-open receiver on fourth down in red zone with under :15 left LOST GAME 7-13

That's why I don't forgive his quitting. Most of the 2010 loss were on him ! He owed us something.

You can't quit after playing like that.

His last pass vs the Ravens resume it all.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:54 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazzel80 View Post
[/b]

Please read this, I actually have something interesting to say and I have confidence that I am correct in this crazy idea.

I remember that overthrown pass at the end of the game and the first thing that went through was head was, "Well at least we get a higher draft pick now." That pass was so easy to make, it was just a simple swing pass to an open running back, Cedric Peerman, if I remember correctly. That pass was much too easy for a profession QB to completely miss. It didn't really make sense to me. Then shortly after this game Carson told Mike Brown that he wasn't going to play for the Bengals anymore. He probably had these plans before the game. The point is, I think he missed this pass on PURPOSE because he wanted us to have a slightly higher draft pick, making it easier for us to draft his replacement and making it easier to trade him. It makes sense to me, this game was meaningless anyway as we were already out of the playoffs. Loosing this game benefited Palmer more than Winning it. Perhaps I am crazy, but ****. Is there a possibility that I am correct? Thoughts please!!!
No I don't think he missed it on purpose. It was a touch pass.

Which is something he lacked doing here a lot. His field vision was lacking as well because there was a receiver standing in the endzone waving his hands that he was open as well.

I'm not a Carson apologist. I think he would've liked to win that game and leave with the perception of his abilities in tact. Not something horrid like that play. The dude has an ego too. So no I don't agree.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Raiders now 7-13 (.350) since the trade (started 4-2 with Jason Campbell).

Bengals 14-12 (.538) since he left.

Marvin Lewis now 28-28-1 without Palmer overall. Had a losing record with him.

Palmer has a 36-51 (.414) record as starter since that magical 2005 season that everyone loves to look back on.
I don't think it's that simple. Gruden coming in had much more of an impact than people realize, and maybe, just maybe, Carson leaving(as well as the Ocho), prompted Mike Brown to finally give majority control to Marvin and the rest of the coaching staff. I can't definitively prove these things, but it makes logical sense.

You've also got to remember that the Raiders have been without even an average running game for most of his time there, and the defense has been pretty horrible as well(finished 29th in 2011, are currently 32nd in points allowed).

I'm not saying this to try and excuse his record or his play personally, but those things need to be taken into consideration.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 52791

Quote:
[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Bandini View Post

His last pass vs the Ravens resume it all.
His arm was hit as he attempted that pass.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
His arm was hit as he attempted that pass.
Stop bringing logic into this discussion, Fred.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:35 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post

You can try to blame the Diva recievers for the overthrows and the INT's, but if you do that, you also have to acknowledge the number of catches they DID make which led to close to 1,000 yards for T.O. and over 800 yards for Chad. Both VERY respectable numbers for a WR1 and WR2 who both fell to injury in the season..
They were both garbage and never played a decent game again after Palmer made them look good that season.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:45 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Bandini View Post
That's why I don't forgive his quitting. Most of the 2010 loss were on him ! He owed us something.
You mean the Browns loss where Carson threw for 371 yards with a 121 passer rating? Or the Falcons loss where he had 412 yards 3 tds zero ints and a 116 passer rating? Or the Patriots loss where he completed 68% of his passes for 345 yards and a 93 passer rating? Or the Saints loss where he completed 70% of his passes for 249 yards and a 101 passer rating?

Yeah, the fact that we had the 24th ranked defense and our running game finished DEAD LAST in yards per carry had nothing to do with our losing record. It was all Carson's fault.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
[/b]

for the OP, you mean that same season where he torched San Diego for 4 tds and 0 ints when TO and Chad didn't even play? Can someone tell me what his QB rating was for that game again?
And for those that say he gave up during the season, then why did he have such a great game with out his two big mouth WR's that were too busy doing VH-1 shows during the season?

For Weazzel,
In case you missed it, here is the replay for you again. Pretty sure that Paul Kruger got his hand on Palmers elbow as he was throwing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVoVit3ae08
Old 11-25-2012, 11:22 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M (the other one) View Post
for the OP, you mean that same season where he torched San Diego for 4 tds and 0 ints when TO and Chad didn't even play? Can someone tell me what his QB rating was for that game again?
The OP didn't cite the SD game as a wasted victory; why would he concern himself with that game?

Carson played very well against SD and did nothing to cost us a victory.

Were you just saying?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
You mean the Browns loss where Carson threw for 371 yards with a 121 passer rating? Or the Falcons loss where he had 412 yards 3 tds zero ints and a 116 passer rating? Or the Patriots loss where he completed 68% of his passes for 345 yards and a 93 passer rating? Or the Saints loss where he completed 70% of his passes for 249 yards and a 101 passer rating?

Yeah, the fact that we had the 24th ranked defense and our running game finished DEAD LAST in yards per carry had nothing to do with our losing record. It was all Carson's fault.
The stats from the Patriots game were deceiving. He compiled 90% of that in garbage time. So that gives him 3 really good games on the year. He played like garbage in the other games and was often at least part of the reason we lost.

Btw, our defense was not ranked 24th in yardage, they were ranked 24th in points allowed. Partly because of Palmers five pick 6's. He threw 20 picks on the year and didn't make up for it with production.

I give Carson a poor grade for the following 2010 games:

@ Pats
vs Ravens
@ Panthers
vs Bucs
vs Dolphins
@ Colts
vs Bills
@ Jets
@ Steelers
@ Ravens

Carson had 7 games with multiple picks that year. Hard to win like that.

Sig by CinWillWin

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-25-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
The OP didn't cite the SD game as a wasted victory; why would he concern himself with that game?

Carson played very well against SD and did nothing to cost us a victory.

Were you just saying?
I believe the name of the thread is wasted Victories, not lost opportunities, thus you are implying that the games we actually Won, were a waste, and I can agree with that, 4-12 vs 0-16, not much difference other than draft pick order.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17152

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
:facepalm:

Not all the int's were his fault. An inordinate number of the picks in 2010 were due to your boy CO85 and TO dogging it out there and not going after the ball like they should. The fumble in Cleveland....You left out the part about how he played great that day but the defense got punked by Peyton Hillis and on the fumble in particular a rusher came free up the gut immediately at the snap and obliterated Palmer with a huge hit before he could drop back even three steps.
It's amazing how those inept WR's seemed to have followed him to Oakland. The names changed but results are the same. But of course it cant have anything to do with Carson Palmer lol.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23511

I was glad to see Bengals fans come out in force to boo this man. The only people I saw cheering him were a few Raiders fans, and even they were booing him by the end of the day. Now, if only Bengals fans were that passionate about the players currently on the field, the team may have a legitimate home field advantage.