Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: Chance Bengals Raiders of a sellout?
100 40 36.36%
75 36 32.73%
50 13 11.82%
25 4 3.64%
0 17 15.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2012, 04:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2443
Default Re: Raiders game blacked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
The population you refer to is a lie. One county voted (hamilton county) to fund the stadium. They did so with current black out rules in place and with no ownership rights. They voted to pay for it. It is a classic example of people voting for or against something without researching and understanding the entire outcome. Then, because they are stupid, blaming their stupidity on the very team in this case who was smart enough to get a great deal.

I for one hate people who think they are entitled to anything. Everything costs money. It used to be we had free TV. But, now we don't. We were never entitled to free TV, but it was a great benefit for many years. The Bengals first and foremost are a business. It is their responsibility to make money so they can stay in Cincinnati and provide income to tons of businesses in Hamilton County and surrounding counties. Those who root for others to not support Mike Brown are just not real smart if they want a team to be in Cincinnati forever. In the end, the NFL would have no issue is the Bengals moved to Toronto or LA. This TV market would be gobbled up long term by Browns, Colts, Titans and Steelers fans. The NFL makes most of their revenue off of TV so losing the Cincy TV market (would not lose it anyway_ would be a minor loss to picking up a major TV market in bigger cities.
The only county that had a right to vote for it was Hamilton and the vote passed! Not a lie, purely fact! No they voted for the team with a threat of the Bengals leaving for somewhere else as Mike Brown has stated that he was going to do. Vote now, litigate later....well later has arrived, and now politicians are getting involved....As a business, the Bengals need to operate in the business environment of the day-today. Quit crying about yesterday as one politician proclaimed Yesterdays Gone! But the Bengal organization does not think about tomorrow, instead it tries to freeze time through litigation. This is how your last point comes about.

Moving the Cincinnati team to another market is not possible do to the contract and the lawsuits that would come out of it. The NFL would lose this lawsuit and they know it! Frankly, the NFL will not put a laggard owner like Brown in London (a place the NFL dearly wants a team), nor would an LA ownership group agree to iron fisted Brown family control. This point is just silly.

Your point about other teams taking over the market is valid, some would argue that outside the 275 loop, that this has already happened. I happen to agree. The Bengals abdicated their market share (through the lost decade) and let other teams penetrate into their market area. Mike Brown well understands contract law but little about market research or sales. Think about the cheap seat deals at PBS which were among the highest in the NFL-Mikey would let them stand empty instead of recoup some of his lose....Think about not doming the stadium, now his city will never host a Superbowl.

The streaming of the games is the same thing. This franchise would be better served by embracing the innovation. Like I stated before the only parties losing out from the blackout are fans too poor to stream the games, and the local station who would have had the game and sold the air time. When the NFL is negotiating with networks for TV time revenue, don't kid yourself into thinking that blackouts don't comes up. Fortunately for the NFL, the markets are small market teams, who generally are not must see match ups.

Until then, let the games will be streamed....and something for nothing continues

Ian
Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1251

The Browns, the Chiefs, the Bills, .. never had a "lost decade" The Browns are getting there and soon maybe the Bills. The Bengals were not only the worst franchise in football for most of the 90s thru early 2000s, they were one of the worst run franchise in all of sports. It was a competition b/w them and the Clippers over who was run worse during that time period. The Bengals lost an entire generation of young kids growing up during that time period, fans that would currently be the core group of season ticket holders.

When Marvin came to town, the drafting got better, the on field results started to get better, but then they regressed hard a few years back, and there was never any success in the playoffs, never any lasting feeling that they were better than the Ravens or Steelers for the foreseeable future and worthy of investing in a pair of season tickets. Just when the Bengals started to win back a new generation of fans while re-capturing some of the old ones, the success was ripped away, not to mention the poor publicity of having guys run afoul of the law, Palmer's public trade deamands, the general jack-assedness of Chad and the other loose cannons.

They started to get them back last season, but they're very much in a fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me mode. There was some excitement at the start of the season that was quickly sapped by the destruction of the Ravens on opening night, and later the losses to the Dolphins & Browns. If they want to win the fans back, they'll need more than a 2 game winning streak.

In Kansas City, you have generations of fans who grew up going to KC games, because that is what you did on Sundays. You tailgatted w/ the same family's/friends, and your kids carried on the tradition. The Bengals lost that during the 90s. The cost of the NFL is so expensive, that if your relying on single game ticket sales, you're going to struggle. this team may well be in the playoff hunt, but its almost by default of being .500 vs a significant # of wins vs top competition. Other than the win over the giants, they've got a win at home vs a poor Browns team w/o their top corner, a win over a rookie QB in Washington, a win at a bad jacksonville team and a win at a bad KC team.

You want to believe, You want to hope, but they've gone little to prove to a lot of people that they're poised for a repeat trip to the playoffs. Maybe this is why they're not selling out vs Oakland?
Old 11-25-2012, 01:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Casanova 72-77 View Post
The Browns, the Chiefs, the Bills, .. never had a "lost decade" The Browns are getting there and soon maybe the Bills. The Bengals were not only the worst franchise in football for most of the 90s thru early 2000s, they were one of the worst run franchise in all of sports. It was a competition b/w them and the Clippers over who was run worse during that time period. The Bengals lost an entire generation of young kids growing up during that time period, fans that would currently be the core group of season ticket holders.

When Marvin came to town, the drafting got better, the on field results started to get better, but then they regressed hard a few years back, and there was never any success in the playoffs, never any lasting feeling that they were better than the Ravens or Steelers for the foreseeable future and worthy of investing in a pair of season tickets. Just when the Bengals started to win back a new generation of fans while re-capturing some of the old ones, the success was ripped away, not to mention the poor publicity of having guys run afoul of the law, Palmer's public trade deamands, the general jack-assedness of Chad and the other loose cannons.

They started to get them back last season, but they're very much in a fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me mode. There was some excitement at the start of the season that was quickly sapped by the destruction of the Ravens on opening night, and later the losses to the Dolphins & Browns. If they want to win the fans back, they'll need more than a 2 game winning streak.

In Kansas City, you have generations of fans who grew up going to KC games, because that is what you did on Sundays. You tailgatted w/ the same family's/friends, and your kids carried on the tradition. The Bengals lost that during the 90s. The cost of the NFL is so expensive, that if your relying on single game ticket sales, you're going to struggle. this team may well be in the playoff hunt, but its almost by default of being .500 vs a significant # of wins vs top competition. Other than the win over the giants, they've got a win at home vs a poor Browns team w/o their top corner, a win over a rookie QB in Washington, a win at a bad jacksonville team and a win at a bad KC team.

You want to believe, You want to hope, but they've gone little to prove to a lot of people that they're poised for a repeat trip to the playoffs. Maybe this is why they're not selling out vs Oakland?
For all Marvin's faults and they are many-He really did restore this franchise to NFL respectability. I really wonder what will happen if he goes-especially if Zimmer and Gruden go before Marvin. We could regress again if a "company man got the post ...."

Ian
Old 11-25-2012, 02:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1223

Shocked beyond belief this game didn't sell out. What kind of fan base do we have here, can it even be called that? The team is in the thick of a wild card birth for god sake, AND Carson ****ing Palmer is in town. Unbelievable! Pathetic fans, pathetic city. The team should leave.

(I know all about Mike ****ing Brown so no need to go there. We have a football team that needs our support. Period the end)

Edit:
If you are going , see you there!

If you aren't going because you cannot afford to or are sick, this message does not apply to you.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1084

Today is my daughters 14th birthday...I will be rocking it out with her. I wouldn't miss this game for the world. Who wouldn't want to see Carson get eaten alive by our defense? I would pay extra to see it. So I am beyond shocked our fan base didn't step up to help get that sell out. It doesn't make sense.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 428
Default Re: No sellout Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Apology accepted, but I was at the game as well and the crowd was still kinda sad. They were actually making noise (which is rare), but when 1/4 of the stadium is the other teams fans, it's hard to keep the awesome atmosphere up. Cincinnati has always been a little quiet compared to other NFL cities....I'm not sure why.
You're not sure why? Hahahahahaha. You people are a riot.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:33 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Orange View Post
Shocked beyond belief this game didn't sell out. What kind of fan base do we have here, can it even be called that? The team is in the thick of a wild card birth for god sake, AND Carson ****ing Palmer is in town. Unbelievable! Pathetic fans, pathetic city. The team should leave.

(I know all about Mike ****ing Brown so no need to go there. We have a football team that needs our support. Period the end)

Edit:

If you aren't going because you cannot afford to or are sick, this message does not apply to you.
How dare you try and tell people how to spend their money. The Bengals game should be at the very bottom of any responsible adult's list.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Orange View Post

Edit:

Frankly, I would love to go(no one in this world loves yelling at zebree than I (and they so deserve it)), but I am trying to help my kids through college and beyond. That is my number 1 deal.

So yeah I would love to go, but all I can do is stream the game-I would PAY to stream my Bengals if the cost was reasonable. that's my point earlier in this thread about joining the 21st century. I would support my team, but $35.00 for a ticket, parking, and a drink is just way too much ,and going in style buys part of a class for my son at NKU...

thats my point,

Ian
Old 11-25-2012, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1063

Anyone got a site to stream from that they can PM me. I know of first row sports, but theres a few others I know of, cant think of their names off hand though that are a bit better. If anyone is willing to hook a guy up it would be appreicated very much. Thnxs