Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10038
Default Remember when....

People actually thought Jerome was a big loss and Caldwell was going to be really good with Peyton throwing to him?

Well Caldwell has done nothing at all and Jerome has 137 receiving yards on 11 receptions (even though he was targeted 22 times). Pretty safe bet neither was a loss.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-25-2012, 03:43 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 274
Default Re: Remember when....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
People actually thought Jerome was a big loss and Caldwell was going to be really good with Peyton throwing to him?

Well Caldwell has done nothing at all and Jerome has 137 receiving yards on 11 receptions (even though he was targeted 22 times). Pretty safe bet neither was a loss.
logged in just to say, your sig is sick.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10691

Quote:

Haha!!! I never thought we'd miss either one of them. I definitely didn't think Simpson would do anything, but thought Caldwell might have a better chance with Peyton.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7447

I knew Jerome wasnt going to do whole lot more than what he did here, but I thought Caldwell would have better numbers with Peyton throwing to him.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12577

Quote:

No, but not having proven replacements was (is) a bad idea.

The earliest Jerome should have been drafted was the 5th round, and that would still be pushing it.

Caldwell was supposed to be a deep ball threat. But he could never get seperation or manage to catch the long ball.

They were both knee jerk reactions to Chad wanting to be traded. Based on where Chad was in his career, they should have taken the two 1st round picks that were offered in trade for him, then laughed all the way to the play offs. Just think of what this team would look like now with two extra 1st rounders on it.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post

The earliest Jerome should have been drafted was the 5th round, and that would still be pushing it.

Caldwell was supposed to be a deep ball threat. But he could never get seperation or manage to catch the long ball.

They were both knee jerk reactions to Chad wanting to be traded. Based on where Chad was in his career, they should have taken the two 1st round picks that were offered in trade for him, then laughed all the way to the play offs. Just think of what this team would look like now with two extra 1st rounders on it.
We have been collecting first round picks for awhile now.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post

I agree, but who was out there to replace them. I didn't want another L. Coles, TO, A. Bryant, type of player, Garcon would have been ok. I also think they were depending on Shipley to step up.

However, if Sanu and to lesser extent Jones, had not fallen to them things might be real bad.

Here is a prediction, if they had traded Chad for the two first rounders, drafted D. Jack instead of Simpson, we would have at least on playoff win and Palmer would still be here. Side note I looked at the 08 draft and wow it is not a good one, however WAS took Orakpo with it's 09 pick.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
We have been collecting first round picks for awhile now.
I am not talking about other team's rejects but actual draft picks. Those picks would still have a chance of being a bust, but recently our picks have been better.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24139

I was just fine with letting Simpson walk...until we didn't replace or upgrade him properly.

I knew Sanu and Jones wouldn't be ready this year, and I never bought the Binns/Tate hype.

Look at what Simpson did last year and compare it to the production of Binns/Tate/Jones/Sanu:

Simpson: 50-725-4
Binns/Tate/Jones/Sanu: 60-784-6 (projected to 16 games)

It's taking all 4 guys to equal the production of Jerome friggin Simpson, and that's with Dalton playing much better this year.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28168

Quote:

I don't remember thinking that.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I was just fine with letting Simpson walk...until we didn't replace or upgrade him properly.

I knew Sanu and Jones wouldn't be ready this year, and I never bought the Binns/Tate hype.

Look at what Simpson did last year and compare it to the production of Binns/Tate/Jones/Sanu:

It's taking all 4 guys to equal the production of Jerome friggin Simpson, and that's with Dalton playing much better this year.
I think we're going to see those production numbers go up, thanks largely to Sanu. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but he seems to be getting more and more comfortable in the offense. Now, if the same happens to Jones in the next two weeks, it's going to be amazing! We know AJ's going to get his yards.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1166

Quote:

that chick is smoking hot in your sig!!!!!!!!....
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Thankfully i never subscribed to that line of thinking regarding those two scrubs.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8772

Quote:

Jerome has been held back by suspension and injury this season, and may still do something for the Vikes. Caldwell has also battled a serious rib injury in Denver, but he was always a terrible receiver, which I argued numerous times on these boards. I'd be surprised if he does anything in Denver even with Peyton to throw him the ball. You're right that neither was really a loss.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post
Jerome has been held back by suspension and injury this season, and may still do something for the Vikes. Caldwell has also battled a serious rib injury in Denver, but he was always a terrible receiver, which I argued numerous times on these boards. I'd be surprised if he does anything in Denver even with Peyton to throw him the ball. You're right that neither was really a loss.
I was always a Caldwell unfan. He wasn't a good receiver and frankly the bug eyed b*****d gave me the creeps.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-25-2012, 12:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24139

Quote:
I was always a Caldwell unfan. He wasn't a good receiver and frankly the bug eyed b*****d gave me the creeps.
Andre says hi!

So does his brother Reche!

So does him Mom!

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Neither of them were going to do anything for anybody.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6568

I love it when our starters go to other teams and do nothing and get benched...makes us look great.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8122

I kinda miss Simpson sometimes, mostly to see what would happen next with him, he's a three-ring circus. Caldwell I don't see ever being a factor, anywhere. We didn't lose much in either case.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post

Jones has been injuried, and Sanu was not ready till late in the year.

Binns and Tate are not the answer at WR unless the question is "Who is a quality #4, or 5 WR for depth?".

I expect Jones to develop into a a good #2 with Chad Johnson type skills. He has been held back by the idea of Binns and Tate getting a chance, and the injury.
Sanu is already showing he can be a good Slot type guy, and a very good possession WR.

I believe Simpson has been replaced with Jones, and Shipley has been repaced with Sanu. I think both will be a big improvement over the long term.

Like most things now days, people want instant results, but we are dealing with people, not smart phones. People take time to develop and mature. Give Jones and Sanu the time they need, and this team is much better off in the long run.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president