Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1791
Default sporting news beleives in Bengals

They think we have a legit shot not to just make playoffs but go far once we get their.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...rs-andy-dalton
Old 11-24-2012, 08:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26426
bengals Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
They think we have a legit shot not to just make playoffs but go far once we get their.

If this team plays like they did the last 2 games we will make it and i wouldn't want to be the other teams playing us in the playoffs.

Problem is, Marv has to coach well for this to happen.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2032
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

If this team plays like they did the last 2 games we will make it and i wouldn't want to be the other teams playing us in the playoffs.

Also to consider is IF we make it, we'll likely have to win 5 of the last 6... making it 7 of 8. Momentum? We'd be the hot team going into the postseason. Thats the plus side of being on the outside and needing a run to make it, cause if you do then you go in on form.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26426

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCincinnatiKid View Post
Also to consider is IF we make it, we'll likely have to win 5 of the last 6... making it 7 of 8. Momentum? We'd be the hot team going into the postseason. Thats the plus side of being on the outside and needing a run to make it, cause if you do then you go in on form.

You know it.

These are the types of teams that win it all.

We will see. Lets just beat the hell out of the Raiders now shall we?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Quote:

You know it.

These are the types of teams that win it all.

We will see. Lets just beat the hell out of the Raiders now shall we?
Several wild cards have won it all sine 2000. But each one of those Teams (Giants, Steelers, Packers and Ravens) had shown the ability to beat good Teams prior to that playoff run. We have yet to beat the Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, Texans and New England.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:39 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
Several wild cards have won it all sine 2000. But each one of those Teams (Giants, Steelers, Packers and Ravens) had shown the ability to beat good Teams prior to that playoff run. We have yet to beat the Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, Texans and New England.
We beat the Giants and we WILL beat the Ravens and Steelers.
Nothing better to boost the confidence going into the playoffs than 2 straight wins against division rivals.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 307

Not only do I think we have a good shot at making it.. but we have a good shot at making it at 9-7, as well. Indy's about to spiral downward and I truly think Buffalo will beat them tomorrow in their own house.

I really wanted Detroit to beat Houston to put added pressure on them to have to beat Indy in Week 17, but I shan't get my wish.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:02 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39064

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post

They have a lot more faith than many "Bengals Fans"
Old 11-25-2012, 01:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
Yep I find that amazing too, but the life of a self proclaimed realist is not one to scoff at. You say the team ***** and that they will do bad, but they win and your happy. If they lose you can rest your head on I told you so, or when they win berate certain aspects of the team to rain on the victory while pointing the finger at others saying they accept mediocrity.

Last edited by CINCYPRODUCT; 11-25-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21159

Quote:
I'm confused as to why the words "Bengals fans" are in quotation marks in your post. Is this to say that if you don't think that the Bengals will make the playoffs then you aren't a fan? Hopefully I'm reading this wrong, and you aren't high horse-ing it.

Personally I think the Bengals could make the playoffs, but there aren't too many reasons to be completely confident in it. There are a couple of teams in front of them, and they'd still be in front if they both lost and the Bengals won this week. The Bengals still have to play the Steelers and Ravens again, and lets face it....they haven't exactly proved that they can beat them recently. They also have to play bi-polar teams (not unlike themselves) such as San Diego and Dallas. You never know which version of those teams you're going to get. If the Bengals have a down week, and one or both of these teams get hot that week, then they aren't going to win. Even the Raiders and Eagles could come out and smoke the Bengals.....just as the Dolphins and Browns did.

Honestly the Bengals have a good chance of making the playoffs, but they have just as good of a chance....if not better....to miss out on the postseason.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22526

Quote:

Did you ever consider coaching had been fine and prior to this streak it was player execution that was lacking? Maybe that was a reason for a public challenge of taking it to the next level. At the end of the day it is all good and well to blame the coach but he is not on the field. You can prepare someone to be great but they have to want it.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
I'm confused as to why the words "Bengals fans" are in quotation marks in your post. Is this to say that if you don't think that the Bengals will make the playoffs then you aren't a fan?
No, it's because they only have alleged "fans" seeing as how two yeas in a row they've been in a playoff fight and have been playing in a half-empty stadium. There's no evidence that the fans actually exist.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:39 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
I'm confused as to why the words "Bengals fans" are in quotation marks in your post. Is this to say that if you don't think that the Bengals will make the playoffs then you aren't a fan? Hopefully I'm reading this wrong, and you aren't high horse-ing it.

Personally I think the Bengals could make the playoffs, but there aren't too many reasons to be completely confident in it. There are a couple of teams in front of them, and they'd still be in front if they both lost and the Bengals won this week. The Bengals still have to play the Steelers and Ravens again, and lets face it....they haven't exactly proved that they can beat them recently. They also have to play bi-polar teams (not unlike themselves) such as San Diego and Dallas. You never know which version of those teams you're going to get. If the Bengals have a down week, and one or both of these teams get hot that week, then they aren't going to win. Even the Raiders and Eagles could come out and smoke the Bengals.....just as the Dolphins and Browns did.

Honestly the Bengals have a good chance of making the playoffs, but they have just as good of a chance....if not better....to miss out on the postseason.
Guess it comes down to mentality then doesn't it? Seems to be the ole glass half empty or half full thought process.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Yep I find that amazing too, but the life of a self proclaimed realist is not one to scoff at. You say the team ***** and that they will do bad, but they win and your happy. If they lose you can rest your head on I told you so, or when they win berate certain aspects of the team to rain on the victory while pointing the finger at others saying they accept mediocrity.
Great freaking post that sums up WAY to many on these boards. I would rep this 100 times if I could.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:44 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
Good thing it is a new day and the past is just that.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13343

Quote:
For the record:

Re: Your 2012 Bengals prediction thread
Old 11-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2617

I like all Bengals fans want them to make the playoffs for sure, I just hope we don't

play a rookie third string QB in the first round.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
Yeah great thread for Denny. Good call giving him props. Oh was that giving yourself props?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:57 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
I like all Bengals fans want them to make the playoffs for sure, I just hope we don't

play a rookie third string QB in the first round.
What?

Not sure what you are trying to say here.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44510

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
What?

I think what he's getting at is the Bengals have a habit of making rookie QBs look like seasoned veterans when we face them.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 95

Quote:
Did you ever consider coaching had been fine and prior to this streak it was player execution that was lacking? Maybe that was a reason for a public challenge of taking it to the next level. At the end of the day it is all good and well to blame the coach but he is not on the field. You can prepare someone to be great but they have to want it.
I considered it. 10 years of poor player execution just doesn't seem as reasonable as poor coaching. Isn't getting guys that "want it" part of coaching? Like the evaluation part of coaching? Or maybe turning a guy who semi "wants it" into a guy that does "want it." Isn't that what good coaches do?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanMaroni View Post
I considered it. 10 years of poor player execution just doesn't seem as reasonable as poor coaching. Isn't getting guys that "want it" part of coaching? Like the evaluation part of coaching? Or maybe turning a guy who semi "wants it" into a guy that does "want it." Isn't that what good coaches do?
You cannot measure heart and you certainly cannot give it to someone that does not want it. However you make a great point. So you are saying maybe elevating guys who are rumored to take plays off to contributing on a consistent basis? Seems to me this staff has done a very good job in doing this.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 95

Marvin is 74-82-1 so I'm not really sold that he is elevating players. I hope the Bengals get hot and run the table and bring home the SB trophy. Unfortunately, I feel like after watching 10 years of Marvin Lewis coached Bengals teams, this team would have to do it inspite of Marvin and not because of him. Saying the staff has done a good job can be a discussion, but saying Marvin has done a good job ... one needs only look at his record. You can take it one step further and check out his record in "big" games or against teams with good records.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 39064

Quote:
What?

We played a rookie 3rd string QB in the 1st round last year and lost.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
No, it's because they only have alleged "fans" seeing as how two yeas in a row they've been in a playoff fight and have been playing in a half-empty stadium. There's no evidence that the fans actually exist.
The Bengals were not only the worst franchise in football for most of the 90s thru early 2000s, they were one of the worst run franchise in all of sports. It was a competition b/w them and the Clippers over who was run worse during that time period. The Bengals lost an entire generation of young kids growing up during that time period, fans that would currently be the core group of season ticket holders.

When Marvin came to town, the drafting got better, the on field results started to get better, but then they regressed hard a few years back, and there was never any success in the playoffs, never any lasting feeling that they were better than the Ravens or Steelers for the foreseeable future and worthy of investing in a pair of season tickets. Just when the Bengals started to win back a new generation of fans while re-capturing some of the old ones, the success was ripped away, not to mention the poor publicity of having guys run afoul of the law, Palmer's public trade deamands, the general jack-assedness of Chad and the other loose cannons.

They started to get them back last season, but they're very much in a fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me mode. There was some excitement at the start of the season that was quickly sapped by the destruction of the Ravens on opening night, and later the losses to the Dolphins & Browns.

If they want to win the fans back, they'll need more than a 2 game winning streak..... they need to do it.....and do it again another year for the Fans out there who left and decided to not come back after the 90's and early 2000's..... and all the other things I mentioned.

Something the "You're not a real fan" brigade on this board seems to always to fail and grasp.