Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 AM
kramer1 kramer1 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,057
Rep Points: 428
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Did you ever consider coaching had been fine and prior to this streak it was player execution that was lacking? Maybe that was a reason for a public challenge of taking it to the next level. At the end of the day it is all good and well to blame the coach but he is not on the field. You can prepare someone to be great but they have to want it.
Lewis has been here a decade and hasn't won squat. He's a bad coach. Can't be argued AT ALL. Stop your homer nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 AM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,275
Rep Points: 34250
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Yep I find that amazing too, but the life of a self proclaimed realist is not one to scoff at. You say the team ***** and that they will do bad, but they win and your happy. If they lose you can rest your head on I told you so, or when they win berate certain aspects of the team to rain on the victory while pointing the finger at others saying they accept mediocrity.
The most ironic thing I see in the realists, is that they are the ones constantly saying "fire Marvin", "replace Mikey" like that's really going to happen. I'm no blind homer; I realize that Marvin could easily be upgraded and Mike Brown is among the worst owners in the NFL; but there is nothing we can do about it.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-25-2012, 09:42 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,344
Rep Points: 19882
bengals Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer1 View Post
Lewis has been here a decade and hasn't won squat. He's a bad coach. Can't be argued AT ALL. Stop your homer nonsense.
He as well has never been afforded the overall control he appears to being afforded at this time either. So stop your pessimistic nonsense. There are factors that are relative.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,344
Rep Points: 19882
bengals Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
We played a rookie 3rd string QB in the 1st round last year and lost.
I am with you I was reading it wrong as we were going to put one on the field. Too early and not enough coffee I guess.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Omega IV's Avatar
Omega IV Omega IV is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 495
Rep Points: 779
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

I'd love to see the Bengals run the table and kick it into the playoffs! I'm a little concerned that we let a couple games get away in Miami & Cleveland, but if that was the kick in the butt the team needed... then so be it.

My only concern with Marvin Lewis is his inability to make adjustments during a game and the awful use of the challenge flags. Yes, I know, someone else is reviewing tape and telling him to challenge or not, but he's ultimately responsible for the coaching staff. He's just GOT to get better at at least THAT!

We SHOULD be able to beat Oakland, San Diego, Dallas and Philly and agree with people in this thread that have said we have to beat Pittsburgh and Baltimore to send a statement.

5 wins in the next 6 is very doable... and, of course, running the table is preferable!

My concerns though - Houston, New England and Denver are going to be tough competition in the playoffs. I think regardless, Houston and New England will get the byes, so we'll end up with Denver in the first round.

Welcome to the playoffs, let me re-introduce you to Peyton Manning.

Bah.. let's get there first. But wow, it would be exciting!
__________________


"The chargers' defense said, and I quote, "Bengals did NOTHING offensively that we hadn't prepared for. No tweaks, no surprises."

There you have it. Add the fact that the team came out flat and you know exactly why Marvin Lewis & Jay Gruden have run their course & need to be replaced.

#whodey
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,751
Rep Points: 11611
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
The most ironic thing I see in the realists, is that they are the ones constantly saying "fire Marvin", "replace Mikey" like that's really going to happen. I'm no blind homer; I realize that Marvin could easily be upgraded and Mike Brown is among the worst owners in the NFL; but there is nothing we can do about it.
Does anyone consider Bill Belichick a very good head coach? Let's dive into his ealry years. He was 41-53 his first 6 seasons. He had one year with a winning record and one playoff team. Based on that analogy, he should have been fired and never coached again in the NFL.

It is amazing to me how dumb fans are and can't grasp the novel idea coached learn and can get better over time. ML has coached great the past two years and our fans want to discuss time management errors from 4 years ago. He took over a horribe team and has made them competitive. We all want to be the Steelers, but the reality is it is very tough to win consistently in the NFL and why only a handful of teams have done so the past decade.

We lose, it is MB or Ml fault. I strongly disagree. This is not college football where it is the head coach's job to be the head cheerleader and motivated. These are adults playing who get paid a ton of money to be prepared to give 100%. I look at our losses and I see lack of player execution and not poor coaching. In fact, ML and his staff should be commended for having this young team anywhere close to the playoffs again in 2012.
__________________
Bengals 2014 Draft
Round 1 - Stephen Tuitt ND - 6'6" 304
Round 2 - Jaylen Watkins - 6'0" 194
Round 3 - AJ McCarron - 6'3" 220

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:02 AM
kramer1 kramer1 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,057
Rep Points: 428
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
He as well has never been afforded the overall control he appears to being afforded at this time either. So stop your pessimistic nonsense. There are factors that are relative.
The overall control of what? The terrible game planning, practicing, executing, clock management, and game day coaching seem to be well in his control...and he ***** at it.

Scoreboard. Ya know what it reads? ZERO.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 20,344
Rep Points: 19882
bengals Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer1 View Post
The overall control of what? The terrible game planning, practicing, executing, clock management, and game day coaching seem to be well in his control...and he ***** at it.

Scoreboard. Ya know what it reads? ZERO.
So how many regular season practices have you attended? Huh....I thought they were closed to the public so does this mean you are an insider or a member of the staff. I mean otherwise you have zero knowledge as to their practices.

Execution....well he is not on the field now is he. You can teach does not mean what you teach always gets applied.

Gameplanning.....Giants and KC might argue this with you. Not to mention a game plan is at the mercy of execution which we have covered. I have consistently seen players in position to make plays yet fail to make the play. Not sure you can blame that on a poor game plan.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:11 AM
bfine32's Avatar
bfine32 bfine32 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Radcliff, KY
Posts: 19,275
Rep Points: 34250
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Does anyone consider Bill Belichick a very good head coach? Let's dive into his ealry years. He was 41-53 his first 6 seasons. He had one year with a winning record and one playoff team. Based on that analogy, he should have been fired
He was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post

It is amazing to me how dumb fans are
I agree
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 AM
RomanMaroni RomanMaroni is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 41
Rep Points: 95
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Does anyone consider Bill Belichick a very good head coach? Let's dive into his ealry years. He was 41-53 his first 6 seasons. He had one year with a winning record and one playoff team. Based on that analogy, he should have been fired and never coached again in the NFL.

It is amazing to me how dumb fans are and can't grasp the novel idea coached learn and can get better over time ....
I don't think anyone said Marvin should be run from the league. He's just not the coach the Bengals need. You reference Belichick and his first 6 seasons, but what happened after that? Marvin's tenure is nearly double the tenure you are comapring it to. Maybe Shula should've gotten a few more seasons. Or Coslett. Funny how you call fans dumb for not understanding coaches need time, but who gets 10 years these days? Who gets 10 years with a losing record? You say "over time" does anyone have 10 years with the same team? So the Bengals "over time" model is actually the longest in the league ... how much more time do you estimate he'll need Luvnit. Please explain because you are obviously so much more NFL savvy than those of us that think a 10 year sample size is plenty.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Slappy from New Haven's Avatar
Slappy from New Haven Slappy from New Haven is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Cackalaky
Posts: 12,225
Rep Points: 16542
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post


You know it.

These are the types of teams that win it all.

We will see. Lets just beat the hell out of the Raiders now shall we?
True that. Today we play the Raiders, that is all that matters
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:25 AM
RomanMaroni RomanMaroni is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 41
Rep Points: 95
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You can teach does not mean what you teach always gets applied.
This is the point. If you are a teacher and your students fail, at what point do you start to realize maybe you aren't a good teacher? You can say you taught them, but after years and years of subpar performance, doesn't that indicate a teacher problem?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Luvnit2's Avatar
Luvnit2 Luvnit2 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,751
Rep Points: 11611
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanMaroni View Post
I don't think anyone said Marvin should be run from the league. He's just not the coach the Bengals need. You reference Belichick and his first 6 seasons, but what happened after that? Marvin's tenure is nearly double the tenure you are comapring it to. Maybe Shula should've gotten a few more seasons. Or Coslett. Funny how you call fans dumb for not understanding coaches need time, but who gets 10 years these days? Who gets 10 years with a losing record? You say "over time" does anyone have 10 years with the same team? So the Bengals "over time" model is actually the longest in the league ... how much more time do you estimate he'll need Luvnit. Please explain because you are obviously so much more NFL savvy than those of us that think a 10 year sample size is plenty.
Let's agree to disagree. I say ML has never had the great structure to succeed as other like Belichick eventaully walked into after he left the Browns. My point simply is I don't see any coach winning in th environement ML walked into 10 year ago. But, the environment is changing and I give ML credit for the change. You and others don't and want to blame Marvin. So, we are in the now, so please tell us all how Marvin has coached poorly the past two years. Keep in mind this thing called talent he has to work with and let's go from there.
__________________
Bengals 2014 Draft
Round 1 - Stephen Tuitt ND - 6'6" 304
Round 2 - Jaylen Watkins - 6'0" 194
Round 3 - AJ McCarron - 6'3" 220

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 AM
RomanMaroni RomanMaroni is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 41
Rep Points: 95
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
Let's agree to disagree. I say ML has never had the great structure to succeed as other like Belichick eventaully walked into after he left the Browns. My point simply is I don't see any coach winning in th environement ML walked into 10 year ago. But, the environment is changing and I give ML credit for the change. You and others don't and want to blame Marvin. So, we are in the now, so please tell us all how Marvin has coached poorly the past two years. Keep in mind this thing called talent he has to work with and let's go from there.
Actually I'd say the culture was completely turned around by '05 wouldn't you? Marvin came in and turned it around and made us playoff contenders. For that i commend him. So what happened after '05?

You say the culture was bad, the structure was bad, talent, etc ... but you know what that is? Excuses, and excuses are for people who aren't getting it done. You asked how marvin has coached poorly the last 2 years. Well, after 8 years he finally put together a 9-7 team that couldn't beat anyone with a winning record. They had a golden opportunity in the playoffs to play a team with a 3rd string rookie starter, and they once again couldn't get it done. This year, they are looking to try to get get on a a winning streak to get back to that 9-7 and once again don't look to be a major contender. I hope I am wrong and they run it.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 AM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 18,752
Rep Points: 24693
bengals Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Did you ever consider coaching had been fine and prior to this streak it was player execution that was lacking? Maybe that was a reason for a public challenge of taking it to the next level. At the end of the day it is all good and well to blame the coach but he is not on the field. You can prepare someone to be great but they have to want it.


Never considered it.

Seen Marv too long to blame it on the players.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 PM
D's Nuts and Bolts's Avatar
D's Nuts and Bolts D's Nuts and Bolts is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manhattan, KS
Posts: 1,836
Rep Points: 2342
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
I am with you I was reading it wrong as we were going to put one on the field. Too early and not enough coffee I guess.
My fault I shouldn't have been so vague.
Serious though we made a two time SB MVP look like a rookie and a rookie look like a SB MVP this year.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Robbie Sharp Robbie Sharp is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester, N.Y.
Posts: 5,418
Rep Points: 8099
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
They have a lot more faith than many "Bengals Fans"
Surely you're not referring to the greatest fans of all time?
__________________
''Life's tough .......... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
-- John Wayne
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM
PApinhead's Avatar
PApinhead PApinhead is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grampian, PA
Posts: 4,557
Rep Points: 10689
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Did you ever consider coaching had been fine and prior to this streak it was player execution that was lacking? Maybe that was a reason for a public challenge of taking it to the next level. At the end of the day it is all good and well to blame the coach but he is not on the field. You can prepare someone to be great but they have to want it.
Or, maybe the players started jelling and executing despite poor or mediocre coaching?
__________________


Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-25-2012, 05:40 PM
claymoremark claymoremark is offline
Graduated Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lancashire coast, England
Posts: 29
Rep Points: 40
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega IV View Post
I'd love to see the Bengals run the table and kick it into the playoffs! I'm a little concerned that we let a couple games get away in Miami & Cleveland, but if that was the kick in the butt the team needed... then so be it.

My only concern with Marvin Lewis is his inability to make adjustments during a game and the awful use of the challenge flags. Yes, I know, someone else is reviewing tape and telling him to challenge or not, but he's ultimately responsible for the coaching staff. He's just GOT to get better at at least THAT!

We SHOULD be able to beat Oakland, San Diego, Dallas and Philly and agree with people in this thread that have said we have to beat Pittsburgh and Baltimore to send a statement.

5 wins in the next 6 is very doable... and, of course, running the table is preferable!

My concerns though - Houston, New England and Denver are going to be tough competition in the playoffs. I think regardless, Houston and New England will get the byes, so we'll end up with Denver in the first round.

Welcome to the playoffs, let me re-introduce you to Peyton Manning.

Bah.. let's get there first. But wow, it would be exciting!
Agree entirely with your posted thinking. It's no different to mine! But I do not agree that we will go as far as the play-offs. Can't see better than 7-9 record, even with bhouys and birds wins! Lewis is still immature after 7 yrs! His Plan B's to be non-existent or plucked out of the air, at best! He had no idea how to defend the fins in H2, letting Bush run all over us for fear of a pass play??? No 8 man box, Why not?
OK, it's a young team (?) and they seem to be finding their feet, (and play book positions) as the season progresses, but I am still not convinced that a fan poll would end up rating the coaching staff higher than the special teams; the offense; or the defense, who plyed exceptional today.
I'm a newbie and not allowed to create new threads, but I would love to see one doing fan ratings of
Coaches (overall), Offense, Defense, Special Teams. Hint, maybe, perhaps, for fun?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Ron Mexico's Avatar
Ron Mexico Ron Mexico is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 10,700
Rep Points: 17591
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
No, it's because they only have alleged "fans" seeing as how two yeas in a row they've been in a playoff fight and have been playing in a half-empty stadium. There's no evidence that the fans actually exist.
I saw plenty of fans today. Also....not even close to half empty.
__________________
Thumbs up for Satan!!!


Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
VCU Rams's Avatar
VCU Rams VCU Rams is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 16,119
Rep Points: 79040
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
I saw plenty of fans today. Also....not even close to half empty.
truth the stadium looked empty when the initially put the game on...but later on looked pretty full...good job making noise bengal fans
__________________
2013 AFCN Champions
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Ron Mexico's Avatar
Ron Mexico Ron Mexico is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 10,700
Rep Points: 17591
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Guess it comes down to mentality then doesn't it? Seems to be the ole glass half empty or half full thought process.
Sooooooo....that's the reason behind saying "Bengals Fans" as if saying that you don't believe that they'll make the playoffs then you aren't a fan? I'm still not getting this.
__________________
Thumbs up for Satan!!!


Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-25-2012, 07:39 PM
BengalTrucker's Avatar
BengalTrucker BengalTrucker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hiding in my bunker locked and loaded.
Posts: 7,320
Rep Points: 16647
Default Re: sporting news beleives in Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
Or, maybe the players started jelling and executing despite poor or mediocre coaching?
Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner!

I think we got lucky in getting players who can and will make plays, no matter what.

You can notice when Marvin makes the calls. The offense goes conservative, and the team goes flat.

I hope Marvin has learnt to not get in the OCs way.

Oh! He did the same thing today.

If this teams gets to the playoffs, and if this team wins, it is dispite of Marvin Lewis, not because of him.

The losing record with very talented players over ten years shows Marvin Lewis is not a NFL Quality HC.
__________________
"The Greatest Danger to American Freedom is a Government that Ignores the Constitution"
Thomas Jefferson

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.