Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072
Default So Explain This...

The Cleveland Browns are 3-8 with a -39 net points...while the Colts are 7-4 with -43 net points...are the browns really that bad? and are the colts really that good?

The obvious answer is that Cleveland has a ton of tough luck losses, while the colts have a bunch of close wins with a few blowout losses mixed in, one against the jets ...just shows you the fine line between being 3-8 and 7-4 in todays nfl.

Last edited by VCU Rams; 11-25-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4284
Default Re: So Explain This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
The Cleveland Browns are 3-8 with a -39 net points...while the Colts are 7-4 with -43 net points...are the browns really that bad? and are the colts really that good?

The obvious answer is that Cleveland has a ton of tough luck losses, while the colts have a bunch of close wins with a few blowout losses mixed in, one against the jets ...just shows you the fine line between being 3-8 and 7-4 in todays nfl.

So if you have an obvious answer, why did you start a thread asking the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan
Obamas lies... 11-21-2014 10:39 PM SociopathicSteelerFan My alter is woodley and I approve this copypasta. -SSF
Quote:
Election Day Waste 11-06-2014 01:25 AM SociopathicSteelerFan You're cute when you're an alter. -SS
Quote:
Texas is about as... 11-09-2014 02:41 PM SociopathicSteelerFan I posted this rep message because no one likes me. :( -SSF
Old 11-25-2012, 07:47 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 79480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
So if you have an obvious answer, why did you start a thread asking the question?
So that Coltsfan4ever would show up and entertain us.

Ghosts are the British way of "blaming the dog".
Old 11-25-2012, 07:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
as i said just pointing out the fine line between being a winning team and a losing team in today's nfl...the browns are the michigan state of the nfl...look up their season if you have a question about it.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post

The Browns have been in just about all their games, but they don't finish them.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25135

The Browns are slightly better than their record indicates, and the Colts aren't as good. In the end though, all that matters is those wins, not point margin....meh. Indy got lucky as **** this season.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
The Browns are slightly better than their record indicates, and the Colts aren't as good. In the end though, all that matters is those wins, not point margin....meh. Indy got lucky as **** this season.
Yes, and now we are blessed with Colt's fan FOREVER!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
You wish!

Lol! Dude... the Colts have a better record and... it's the Bengals who're chasing a wild-card spot and hoping for a Colts loss, NOT the other way around. Oh... and... it's "Luck", but not the way you think.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sharp View Post
Yes, and now we are blessed with Colt's fan FOREVER!
Miss me?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73805

Colts still generically don't have much talent other than Luck, Mathis, and Wayne. They are getting by on clse wins and pretty good coaching. They'll regress as the season progresses
Old 11-26-2012, 12:36 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25135

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
You wish!

Lol! Dude... the Colts have a better record and... it's the Bengals who're chasing a wild-card spot and hoping for a Colts loss, NOT the other way around. Oh... and... it's "Luck", but not the way you think.
I don't blame you for nut-riding your team. I nut-ride my team as well. They aren't as good as you think they are though. You can be hyped about it all damned day, but at the end of the season, you'll just be sad....

Oh, and I hate you....go Delhomme yourself.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:25 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13263

Quote:
You wish!

Gotta love them cupcake schedules, huh?Idiotic tool.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11149

Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Banned

The Browns are a deceptive team. They are better than what most people think they are. They just have problems playing a full 60 minutes. With that being said though too have as many turnovers as the Steelers had yesterday, the Browns should have won by a lot more than 6 points.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13990

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
The Browns are a deceptive team. They are better than what most people think they are. They just have problems playing a full 60 minutes. With that being said though too have as many turnovers as the Steelers had yesterday, the Browns should have won by a lot more than 6 points.
They do not have a deceptive team.

They have poor talent aside from a few star type talents but not enough to hide the problems on both sides of the ball.

They have absolutely the worst system as far as how the organization is run. (which should change now with Haslam)

They have a head coach that makes Lewis look like a HC genius.

They are basically the same team they have been for years with different personel. The Steelers were just worse yesterday.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-26-2012, 10:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11156

Quote:
You wish!

Oh look whose internet connection is back up. How long was it down after that debacle in New England?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
They do not have a deceptive team.

They have poor talent aside from a few star type talents but not enough to hide the problems on both sides of the ball.

They have absolutely the worst system as far as how the organization is run. (which should change now with Haslam)

They have a head coach that makes Lewis look like a HC genius.

They are basically the same team they have been for years with different personel. The Steelers were just worse yesterday.

Do you realize they have been in just about every game this year? Philly they lost by one point, the Bengals by 7, the bills was a bad one, but it was still only 10 points, the Ravens they lost by 7, the Giants beat them down 41-27, then they come back and beat Cincy by 10, lost to the colts by 4, beat SD by 1, lost to the Ravens by 10, lost to the Cowboys by 3, then beat us by 6.

So if you look at it, they were in almost every game, they just couldn't close it out.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Do you realize they have been in just about every game this year? Philly they lost by one point, the Bengals by 7, the bills was a bad one, but it was still only 10 points, the Ravens they lost by 7, the Giants beat them down 41-27, then they come back and beat Cincy by 10, lost to the colts by 4, beat SD by 1, lost to the Ravens by 10, lost to the Cowboys by 3, then beat us by 6.

So if you look at it, they were in almost every game, they just couldn't close it out.
And because they are an awful team, they couldn't win those games
Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
And because they are an awful team, they couldn't win those games
If this was the scenario for the Bengals you would not be saying that, you would be saying the Bengals are close too putting it together. Don't get me wrong I loath the Browns, but I still think they are getting close to putting it together. I hope so, it would be great for all four teams to be in the hunt.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:41 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
If this was the scenario for the Bengals you would not be saying that, you would be saying the Bengals are close too putting it together. Don't get me wrong I loath the Browns, but I still think they are getting close to putting it together. I hope so, it would be great for all four teams to be in the hunt.
No I wouldn't? If I did, it wouldn't make me any less wrong
Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
They have been close to putting it together for awhile. The only thing that may change now is anything the new owner implements. So far they are the same team they have been for years....bad.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
They have been close to putting it together for awhile. The only thing that may change now is anything the new owner implements. So far they are the same team they have been for years....bad.
Remember though they are a young team, and are going too go through some growing pains.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Remember though they are a young team, and are going too go through some growing pains.
Have you not been paying any attention to the Browns the last 5 years or so?

Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Have you not been paying any attention to the Browns the last 5 years or so?
To be quite honest no I haven't, but now that I think about it for the Steelers to turn the ball over so many times and they only win by 6 is sad. It could be because of our defense that kept us in the game, but they seemed to have a short field the whole game.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
To be quite honest no I haven't, but now that I think about it for the Steelers to turn the ball over so many times and they only win by 6 is sad. It could be because of our defense that kept us in the game, but they seemed to have a short field the whole game.
They had a short field because every turnover was on our side of the field. It does not take great coaching, play calling or talent to capitalize on those kind of situations at least a few times. Just playing the odds from 7 turnovers in the opponents side of the field you should walk away with at the very least 28 points, the Browns = 17