Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762
Default Congratulations To The Browns

and for pointing out the obvious. Steelers need a younger QB to back up Ben, Mendenhall and Wallace need their walking papers handed to them. I like Batch, but his time is up and Leftwich can't sneeze without breaking something.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13380
Default Re: Congratulations To The Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
and for pointing out the obvious. Steelers need a younger QB to back up Ben, Mendenhall and Wallace need their walking papers handed to them. I like Batch, but his time is up and Leftwich can't sneeze without breaking something.
I cant believe youd want to break up the greatest WR trio in history
Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12913

At no point did the steelers deserve to win that game. Although that non fumble called ****** me off.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-25-2012, 07:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5125

Quote:
11/25/2012 USA Today. And in other news, the Pittsburg Steelers have officially made the phone call to lure ex Steeler Kordell Stewart out of retirement. A one year offer of 6 million to finish the season was placed on the table with 2 million guaranteed. Kordell who has been living in a Volkswagon bus outside his mothers home said he would consider the offer and have a response within the week. Mike Tomlin was quoted with "Kordell might just be the spark we need to keep this season alive, I hope he takes the deal". JK But would be hilarious.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
Why in the world would the Steelers want to get rid of the only WR they have that can actually score a TD once in a while?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
I cant believe youd want to break up the greatest WR trio in history
Wallace couldn't catch a cold.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
At no point did the steelers deserve to win that game. Although that non fumble called ****** me off.
Could you imagine having that many turn overs playing a team like the Patriots? They would switch games by half time. Yes that non fumble ticked me off also.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Why in the world would the Steelers want to get rid of the only WR they have that can actually score a TD once in a while?

Heath Miller has the same number of TD's as Wallace. I know Heath isn't a WR, though sometimes I think he plays like one. Wallace just isn't worth the money he is asking for.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Heath Miller has the same number of TD's as Wallace. I know Heath isn't a WR, though sometimes I think he plays like one. Wallace just isn't worth the money he is asking for.
Meh,Miller had 4 TD's in the first three weeks of the season,but only 2 since. His TD production is falling way off now that teams are adjusting to Haley's offense and knowing that he will use Miller more in the red zone. Wallace had a bad game against Cleveland,but that's to be expected. He is a one trick pony,but is one of the best deep threats in the game and Batch simply doesn't have the arm to get it out to him.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Meh,Miller had 4 TD's in the first three weeks of the season,but only 2 since. His TD production is falling way off now that teams are adjusting to Haley's offense and knowing that he will use Miller more in the red zone. Wallace had a bad game against Cleveland,but that's to be expected. He is a one trick pony,but is one of the best deep threats in the game and Batch simply doesn't have the arm to get it out to him.

I still say that the Steelers could use crotchery, Brown, and Sanders between the twenties, with Dwyer and Rainey at the RB position. Once they get into the redzone, it's Miller time, with Dwyer and this will probably shock you, but Burress also. He has the ability to go up for the ball.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
11/25/2012 USA Today. And in other news, the Pittsburg Steelers have officially made the phone call to lure ex Steeler Kordell Stewart out of retirement. A one year offer of 6 million to finish the season was placed on the table with 2 million guaranteed. Kordell who has been living in a Volkswagon bus outside his mothers home said he would consider the offer and have a response within the week. Mike Tomlin was quoted with "Kordell might just be the spark we need to keep this season alive, I hope he takes the deal". JK But would be hilarious.

At least you didn't say Tebow.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8348

On a side note, whatever happened to Dennis Dixon? He was young and mobile, and he looked good in college.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sharp View Post
On a side note, whatever happened to Dennis Dixon? He was young and mobile, and he looked good in college.
He's on the Ravens PS.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
He's on the Ravens PS.
They should snag him back. In other news, I looked through the scores in my FF league, and some cat started Charlie Batch, too funny!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19176

Leave it to Cleveland to require 8 turnovers to just barely come out the winner against a team that, essentially, doesn't have a QB.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42163

Good Job Browns!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Sharp View Post
They should snag him back. In other news, I looked through the scores in my FF league, and some cat started Charlie Batch, too funny!
They considered bring Dixon back, but signed Hoyer instead.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
I still say that the Steelers could use crotchery, Brown, and Sanders between the twenties, with Dwyer and Rainey at the RB position. Once they get into the redzone, it's Miller time, with Dwyer and this will probably shock you, but Burress also. He has the ability to go up for the ball.
The problem with Miller in the red zone is that he's not the type of athletic TE that's going to win jump balls for you. He's not a guy you throw the ball up to even if he's covered and think he can make a play on it. Burress can win a few jump balls,though.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
Leave it to Cleveland to require 8 turnovers to just barely come out the winner against a team that, essentially, doesn't have a QB.
The reason the Steelers keep a veteran like Batch around as their #3 QB is that they expect him to be able to get them a W over a team like the Browns if they need him to. To the guy's credit,Batch has usually been good enough to get them an ugly W in the past. 8 turnovers is pathetic,though,including 5 lost fumbles.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
The problem with Miller in the red zone is that he's not the type of athletic TE that's going to win jump balls for you. He's not a guy you throw the ball up to even if he's covered and think he can make a play on it. Burress can win a few jump balls,though.
No Miller is not going to win jump balls, but he uses his size to get open in the end zone. I would venture to guess that of his 6 TD's this season most of them were because of his physicality.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
They considered bring Dixon back, but signed Hoyer instead.
They couldn't bring Dixon back because Dixon told the Steelers NO.....he didn't want to sign with them.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
They couldn't bring Dixon back because Dixon told the Steelers NO.....he didn't want to sign with them.
I said they thought about it, but if they did sign him it would have to be for a year and they weren't going to do that. It is good that Dixon and the Steelers are on the same page. He said no and the Steelers didn't want him.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I said they thought about it, but if they did sign him it would have to be for a year and they weren't going to do that. It is good that Dixon and the Steelers are on the same page. He said no and the Steelers didn't want him.
Huh??? WTF!!
Steelers did want him....tried to sign him but Dixon told them NO!!! What is so hard to understand about that. Losing to the Browns messed up your comprehension skills.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Huh??? WTF!!
Steelers did want him....tried to sign him but Dixon told them NO!!! What is so hard to understand about that. Losing to the Browns messed up your comprehension skills.

That is not what the papers said here, the papers were saying he was only considered if they could not get some one else. Their reasoning was that if they did sign him from your practice squad, they would have had to give him a one year deal and they were not willing to do that. That is what the papers said, not me.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
That is not what the papers said here, the papers were saying he was only considered if they could not get some one else. Their reasoning was that if they did sign him from your practice squad, they would have had to give him a one year deal and they were not willing to do that. That is what the papers said, not me.
Link???

Jason La Canfora‏ Steelers talked to Dennis Dixon but he opted top stay on Ravens practice squad.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonLaCa...21709219385344

Another link: Dixon said NO!!
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...rback-tuesday/

BMOREBLITZ