Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468
Default Re: Did Andy Dalton thank Palmer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Anyone who gives Mike Brown an award for anything most certainly does NOT know more about football than "any of us." And if you agree that Mike Brown hasn't changed his ways, nor has he always been successful at this, then there is no reason to disagree.
really? how much are you getting paid for your thoughts and opinions? because those people in the media who voted for that award are getting paid for theirs, and people who end up as executives dont need to use a message board to have their thoughts and ideas put to work on an everyday basis

and I'm not referring to the Bengals specifically, I'm talking about executives on any nfl team
Old 11-26-2012, 01:18 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17570

Quote:
Don't worry Carson, I'll blow this pop stand before it kills my career...promise!
If Andy Dalton signs a Carson Palmer sized contract, then bails on the team,....I will no longer like him as well. Fortunately, I'm living in the now, where Dalton is an up and coming QB on an up and coming team. I know, I know....Mike Brown destroys everything. Well, I'm gonna put some faith in the old man for once, and hope that after several **** ups, he finally makes good decisions and keeps the young core of Bengals players around and keeps them happy.

P.S. I dig the heart in your sig. That **** is cute.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
really? how much are you getting paid for your thoughts and opinions? because those people in the media who voted for that award are getting paid for theirs, and people who end up as executives dont need to use a message board to have their thoughts and ideas put to work on an everyday basis

and I'm not referring to the Bengals specifically, I'm talking about executives on any nfl team
My thoughts and opinions on Mike Brown? Those are free. But if you really want to talk credentials, I'm educationally, if not occupationally (I'm only 30) more qualified to run a business than that nepotistic dope who runs the Bengals and it is in my professional opinion that he stinks and would have been fired many-a-time by now had he sprung from anyone else's loins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
If Andy Dalton signs a Carson Palmer sized contract, then bails on the team,....I will no longer like him as well. Fortunately, I'm living in the now, where Dalton is an up and coming QB on an up and coming team. I know, I know....Mike Brown destroys everything. Well, I'm gonna put some faith in the old man for once, and hope that after several **** ups, he finally makes good decisions and keeps the young core of Bengals players around and keeps them happy.
That could happen, in theory. I could also see Dalton signing a Palmer-sized contract and then AJ Green and Geno Atkins leaving and us replacing them with god knows who. Dalton would stick it out, I guess. How long is Marvin going to be here and did Bratkowski come back?

Quote:
P.S. I dig the heart in your sig. That **** is cute.
I just want everyone to hug and get along and all that Care Bear-style ********.

Last edited by Nately120; 11-26-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9973

Quote:
Ha, hello new sig!
How are you just going to use the pic I posted as your sig without saying thank you at least???

Ha, I'm JK..... here....

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
My thoughts and opinions on Mike Brown? Those are free. But if you really want to talk credentials, I'm educationally, if not occupationally (I'm only 30) more qualified to run a business than that nepotistic dope who runs the Bengals and it is in my professional opinion that he stinks and would have been fired many-a-time by now had he sprung from anyone else's loins!
That's fine and by I'm not defending his record or anything but going back to the initial argument, he won an executive of the year award by the choice of a lot of smart people in the same business so im not going to dismiss that, but he won that award for that year which I dont disagree with and there was the same uproar when Marvin Lewis won coach of the year in 2009 - its as if people think winning these awards makes them great forever which I've never said that of Brown winning that, he was the best of that year and only that year, that's all and going back to the very beginning, getting what he got for Palmer was mostly why he won that award when he already had Palmer replaced (even I didnt think Palmer was worth more than a 3rd round for how bad he was the year before, not to mention I didnt think anyone would want to be saddled with that contract)
Old 11-26-2012, 01:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
How are you just going to use the pic I posted as your sig without saying thank you at least???

Ha, I'm JK..... here....

That's pretty awesome...mind if I add that stupid MS-Paint heart to it?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
That's fine and by I'm not defending his record or anything but going back to the initial argument, he won an executive of the year award by the choice of a lot of smart people in the same business so im not going to dismiss that, but he won that award for that year which I dont disagree with and there was the same uproar when Marvin Lewis won coach of the year in 2009 - its as if people think winning these awards makes them great forever which I've never said that of Brown winning that, he was the best of that year and only that year, that's all and going back to the very beginning, getting what he got for Palmer was mostly why he won that award when he already had Palmer replaced (even I didnt think Palmer was worth more than a 3rd round for how bad he was the year before, not to mention I didnt think anyone would want to be saddled with that contract)
The initial argument was "Did Mike Brown dump Carson" and the answer is "No, he did not." The outcome of said split is irrelevant to my initial point about SI's misinformed mention of the split.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 467

Quote:
Don't worry Carson, I'll blow this pop stand before it kills my career...promise!
Why has this guy not been banned for trolling he is not a Bengals fan.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:38 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsBong View Post
Why has this guy not been banned for trolling he is not a Bengals fan.
I'm not? That a relief...last I checked I spent the past 20 years being miserable over this team!

EDIT: I've been a fan since 87, but it didn't get misery-inducing until 92 or so, obviously
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
That's pretty awesome...mind if I add that stupid MS-Paint heart to it?

VIP Silver Member

Quote:
SCORE!!!! Thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
The initial argument was "Did Mike Brown dump Carson" and the answer is "No, he did not." The outcome of said split is irrelevant to my initial point about SI's misinformed mention of the split.
Fair enough, based on the way he's played since that trade it only appears that way going by the timing of his downfall

I got a laugh out of the gift that keeps giving line because initially the draft picks were a gift itself and Dalton is an upgrade for the long term at QB but now we have a pivotal win at Palmer's expense

Last edited by Bengals Mike; 11-26-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Fair enough, based on the way he's played since that trade it only appears that way going by the timing of his downfall
My new gf is in better shape and less of a biotch than my last gf...doesn't mean that I can now tell people I wasn't the one who got dumped 2 years ago.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
My new gf is in better shape and less of a biotch than my last gf...doesn't mean that I can now tell people I wasn't the one who got dumped 2 years ago.
Well it doesnt stop a football writer in an article essentially about knee jerk reactions either?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Well it doesnt stop a football writer in an article essentially about knee jerk reactions either?
To use your own assessment, that guy is being paid to write about football so he should know more about the situation than I do since I am very much NOT being paid to write about it.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
That could happen, in theory. I could also see Dalton signing a Palmer-sized contract and then AJ Green and Geno Atkins leaving and us replacing them with god knows who. Dalton would stick it out, I guess. How long is Marvin going to be here and did Bratkowski come back?
Dude, I don't know why you're going with the doom and gloom at the moment. Seriously, this team is something to look forward to. I know.....the old dude has crushed his teams before, but I could care less. It won't stop me from hoping for the best out of them. You paint the negative side of the picture, now let me paint the positive side. Dalton, Green, Atkins, Johnson, Smith and other good players are re-signed, the Bengals continue to draft well, and Dalton to Green becomes the top combo over the next decade. Throw in a couple Super Bowl titles to give it some spice...

It could happen there, fella.

Oh, and everyone knows that Lewis has a lifetime deal....come on.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Dude, I don't know why you're going with the doom and gloom at the moment. Seriously, this team is something to look forward to. I know.....the old dude has crushed his teams before, but I could care less. It won't stop me from hoping for the best out of them. You paint the negative side of the picture, now let me paint the positive side. Dalton, Green, Atkins, Johnson, Smith and other good players are re-signed, the Bengals continue to draft well, and Dalton to Green becomes the top combo over the next decade. Throw in a couple Super Bowl titles to give it some spice...

It could happen there, fella.

Oh, and everyone knows that Lewis has a lifetime deal....come on.
I know, I just like to complain (I'm from/living in Pittsburgh, so I chose to be a Bengals fan due to the increased opportunity to complain THOUGH Steeler fans cry a river at the drop of a hat). I'm feeling far more confident now that the whole Carson game is over with. He can continue to put up meaningless stats in sunny SoCal and go down in history as the most prolific QB to never win anything, and I can look forward to what this team is building.

That being said, I happen to think things would be a lot more boring around here without me to complain. I mean, what the hell would YOU have been doing for the past hour or so, eh? I just thrive on negative energy...I'm doing my typical lurking on the Steelers' board now...what a hoot!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
To use your own assessment, that guy is being paid to write about football so he should know more about the situation than I do since I am very much NOT being paid to write about it.
knee jerk reactions? no, those are just generally indicating the obvious and I look at those to see if there's any recognition for the Bengals which there rarely is

but when they're writing up things that I dont know and nobody is talking about is what I like to see, for example when New England visited Seattle last month: Peter King liked Seattle to win that game because Bruce Irvin was the face of a pass rush by Seattle's Defense on Quarterbacks that thrived on speed and something like that was convincing enough to me where I changed my bet to Seattle and sure enough Seattle would win that game when everyone had New England anyway
Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I know, I just like to complain (I'm from/living in Pittsburgh, so I chose to be a Bengals fan due to the increased opportunity to complain THOUGH Steeler fans cry a river at the drop of a hat). I'm feeling far more confident now that the whole Carson game is over with. He can continue to put up meaningless stats in sunny SoCal and go down in history as the most prolific QB to never win anything, and I can look forward to what this team is building.

That being said, I happen to think things would be a lot more boring around here without me to complain. I mean, what the hell would YOU have been doing for the past hour or so, eh? I just thrive on negative energy...I'm doing my typical lurking on the Steelers' board now...what a hoot!
I'm gonna agree with you on something here. Carson Palmer is not as bad of a QB as people think he is. He isn't the greatest, but the teams he's been on certainly haven't helped that cause. I think he could very well end up being the QB with the most passing yards and TD's yet not a single playoff victory to his name by the time his career is over.

The stats are worthless if you can't get it done though.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
knee jerk reactions? no, those are just generally indicating the obvious and I look at those to see if there's any recognition for the Bengals which there rarely is

but when they're writing up things that I dont know and nobody is talking about is what I like to see, for example when New England visited Seattle last month: Peter King liked Seattle to win that game because Bruce Irvin was the face of a pass rush by Seattle's Defense on Quarterbacks that thrived on speed and something like that was convincing enough to me where I changed my bet to Seattle and sure enough Seattle would win that game when everyone had New England anyway
Er, you seem to be missing my point.

Quote:
I'm gonna agree with you on something here. Carson Palmer is not as bad of a QB as people think he is. He isn't the greatest, but the teams he's been on certainly haven't helped that cause. I think he could very well end up being the QB with the most passing yards and TD's yet not a single playoff victory to his name by the time his career is over.

Agreed, but "get it done" is a fairly subjective term. We've never had a QB in 44 years who "got it done" like Rex Grossman or Trent Dilfer, so I'll take a slew of purdy stats if that's all I can get. Besides, what is "Super Bowl wins" but the purdy stat of them all? Tee hee!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Er, you seem to be missing my point.
my bad, I didnt mean to imply that all writers were the same, but we only know things based on what they say and do and they're the ones who relay what they see and hear from the locker rooms to us so that's why I think higher of them than you do but it depends on the writer
Old 11-26-2012, 02:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
my bad, I didnt mean to imply that all writers were the same, but we only know things based on what they say and do and they're the ones who relay what they see and hear from the locker rooms to us so that's why I think higher of them than you do but it depends on the writer
I think highly enough of sports writers to hold them to the standard of understanding the basic factors of the things about which they write. This guy said Mike Brown dumped Carson when Mike Brown would have kept Carson another x amount of years had he not demanded a trade. I'm not knocking sports writers, just one thing this guy said. That's all.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:56 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Every time I watch Carson Palmer I remember the crowd from the movie 8 mile at the beginning of the movie when B. Rabbit is on stage....

"He's choking!! "

Old 11-26-2012, 08:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Every time I watch Carson Palmer I remember the crowd from the movie 8 mile at the beginning of the movie when B. Rabbit is on stage....

"He's choking!! "
Hey, Palmer no-huddled the Steelers to death when it came to crunch time this year so I demand that you give him a courtesy thumbs up!