Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 24699
Default Time to Come Home, Bengals fans.

I'm a huge fan of this team win or lose. I'll watch if they're 10-0 or 0-10. I'll even go to pointless late season games. That said, I was shoveling dirt on the Bengals coffin after the road loss to Cleveland. It really seemed to me that this team didn't have it in them to make a run this season. The Pittsburgh loss compounded this sentiment. Like much of the rest of this team's fanbase, I was ready to mail it in. We've seen where this goes more than we want to admit.

After attending today's game and watching them come alive over the last month, I think something is going on here that's never happened even in the early Palmer-era. This team plays as one. They have major talent where it really counts, ie along both lines. This isn't the Beshnahan smoke and mirrors defense of 05. It's a no-joke front four that sets the tone for the whole game. I thought the 05 o-line was the best in the league at the time, but this one could be just as good. They're also young enough to get even better.

Anyhow, what I'm trying to say here, with a mouthful of crow from my reaction to the Cleveland loss is: It's time to get behind this team. They deserve it. They are young and for the most part not yet Bengalized. Looking around the empty stadium today made me wonder what they will have to do, how long they will have to look great to bring the Jungle back.

I know people feel like they're going to get a kick in the crotch when they finally buy in. I know Mikey still runs this team. I know the stadium experience could be a lot better. Maybe people are afraid of being called fair weather if they hop on the wagon again.

I don't care if you are fair weather or a jilted die-hard. It's time, brothers and sisters. We've supported way worse teams with way worse characters. It's just a hunch, but I really think that this is the team that will bring us out of the dark ages for good. They will get even better.

Come on home, Bengaldom. The time is now.

Who Dey!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1688
Default Re: Time to Come Home, Bengals fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
i'm a huge fan of this team win or lose. I'll watch if they're 10-0 or 0-10. I'll even go to pointless late season games. That said, i was shoveling dirt on the bengals coffin after the road loss to cleveland. It really seemed to me that this team didn't have it in them to make a run this season. The pittsburgh loss compounded this sentiment. Like much of the rest of this team's fanbase, i was ready to mail it in. We've seen where this goes more than we want to admit.

After attending today's game and watching them come alive over the last month, i think something is going on here that's never happened even in the early palmer-era. This team plays as one. They have major talent where it really counts, ie along both lines. This isn't the beshnahan smoke and mirrors defense of 05. It's a no-joke front four that sets the tone for the whole game. I thought the 05 o-line was the best in the league at the time, but this one could be just as good. They're also young enough to get even better.

Anyhow, what i'm trying to say here, with a mouthful of crow from my reaction to the cleveland loss is: It's time to get behind this team. They deserve it. They are young and for the most part not yet bengalized. Looking around the empty stadium today made me wonder what they will have to do, how long they will have to look great to bring the jungle back.

I know people feel like they're going to get a kick in the crotch when they finally buy in. I know mikey still runs this team. I know the stadium experience could be a lot better. Maybe people are afraid of being called fair weather if they hop on the wagon again.

I don't care if you are fair weather or a jilted die-hard. It's time, brothers and sisters. We've supported way worse teams with way worse characters. It's just a hunch, but i really think that this is the team that will bring us out of the dark ages for good. They will get even better.

Come on home, bengaldom. The time is now.

Who dey!
👍.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:42 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25083

I too pretty much wrote them off only a short month ago, but as of recently, they've shown things that can make a fan extremely optimistic about the present AND the future. I'll admit, I still don't think they're all the way there. I don't think they'll tank over the next 5 games, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. The inconsistencies of the early part of the season have made it so that it's hard to be more than cautiously optimistic about them.

I do think they have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, and if they make it, they can get out of the first round, IMO. I like the resiliency of this team. They put themselves in a nice sized hole, but have done a hell of a job at pulling themselves out of it. If they can play at the level they have over the last 4 games, I don't see a single team left on the schedule that they can't beat.

As for the future,...it's bright, and I hope it stays that way. As much as a want the HC to just go away, I also just want him to succeed. He's been given the pieces to do so, and hopefully things are actually changing in the organization as a lot of people suggest. If the talent sticks around, and the Bengals keep drafting decently, this will be a playoff team for years to come.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13263

You'll watch them if they're 0-10, but you were mailing it in after 2 divisional losses?

Right.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 24699

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
You'll watch them if they're 0-10, but you were mailing it in after 2 divisional losses?

Right.
I was mailing it in after 2 divisional losses and a loss at home to a team they should have beaten. And yes, I'll watch at 0-10. I'll just watch with different expectations. There are only 16 games a year and I'll get my fix even if it's a bad one. When this team appears to be done for, it's generally the time when the staff puts in the young guys to see what they can do. This interests me greatly going into draft season.

Last edited by Samhain; 11-26-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9798

About 90 percent of us wrote them off, including myself... Were considered "bad fans" when we have a negative perspective on the team. Id like to think im being a realist. I never jumped ship and gave up on the team, but I knew the situation was very bleak for them.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33411

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
About 90 percent of us wrote them off, including myself... Were considered "bad fans" when we have a negative perspective on the team. Id like to think im being a realist. I never jumped ship and gave up on the team, but I knew the situation was very bleak for them.
I was the same way.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 814

I didnt write them off but I was extreemly disapointed. I can take losses but losses do to poor play to teams they should beat is hard to take LOL. I am begining to think the Bengals are camera shy at home games!! It might be better to black out the rest of the season LOL.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3335

Well the Dallas game is already sold out, and we only have the Ravens game as our only other home game. So there's a good chance we sell out the rest of our home games, especially if we are still in contention when we play the Ravens.