Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27546
Default Giving props to Andy Dalton

Andy is now 237-374 (63.4%) for 2769 yards, with 23 tds and stuck at 11 ints. Passer rating is now up to 94.0.

On pace for 4,027 yards, 33 tds and 16 ints. He is now 15-12 as starter. He's having a heck of a season, just thought I'd point it out.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.

Last edited by Shake n Blake; 11-26-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10374
Default Re: Giving props to Andy Dalton

But, but, but, but, but, but...........

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 11-26-2012, 03:17 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19739

QB's that have thrown more TD's than Dalton? It's some pretty sweet company to be in.

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning

Now all his other stats aren't as good, but he's in at least the top 1/3 of all major passing categories other than interceptions. He's only in his 2nd year, and he's already showing so much promise. I can't wait to see what he does after he matures in this league.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2919

Amazing the kind of games he can have when he doesn't turn the ball over. Hopefully his pick-less streak continues. He now has us at #10 in scoring in the league. Not bad for a 2nd year kid. Not bad at all.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompson19osu View Post
Amazing the kind of games he can have when he doesn't turn the ball over. Hopefully his pick-less streak continues. He now has us at #10 in scoring in the league. Not bad for a 2nd year kid. Not bad at all.
Not necessarily directing this at you, but I think his int "problem" was a bit overblown. An average starter throws at least 10 picks in a full seasons worth of attempts. I consider between 12-16 picks for a season to be normal. Andy is now on pace to throw 16.

Even during his 8 game streak with a pick, he only threw more than one pick twice (5 in back to back games). Other than those two bad games, his ints have been perfectly acceptable (6 picks in 9 games). His int % for this season (2.94%) is also just fine. Compare that with Carson Palmer's CAREER int rate (3.21%).

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Yes, log it.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:39 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Not necessarily directing this at you, but I think his int "problem" was a bit overblown. An average starter throws at least 10 picks in a full seasons worth of attempts. I consider between 12-16 picks for a season to be normal. Andy is now on pace to throw 16.

Even during his 8 game streak with a pick, he only threw more than one pick twice (5 in back to back games). Other than those two bad games, his ints have been perfectly acceptable (6 picks in 9 games). His int % for this season (2.94%) is also just fine. Compare that with Carson Palmer's CAREER int rate (3.21%).
That's less than .3 of difference in percentage and Dalton's short career has yet to suffer the kind of coaching and receiving personnel that Palmer's has. Gruden is better than any OC Palmer has played for and AJ is better than any receiver Palmer ever had to throw to. Now after AJ, Sanu has only just started to emerge and Gresh has been very inconsistent but still.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
That's less than .3 of difference in percentage and Dalton's short career has yet to suffer the kind of coaching and receiving personnel that Palmer's has. Gruden is better than any OC Palmer has played for and AJ is better than any receiver Palmer ever had to throw to. Now after AJ, Sanu has only just started to emerge and Gresh has been very inconsistent but still.
0.3% would actually add up to 1.5 more picks in a 500 attempt season. That said, I wasn't trying to make a dig at Palmer. I was only using him as a reference because so many hold him in high regard and yet so many are critical of Dalton.

I don't want to get into another never ending Palmer debate, but I will say this, when he had Chad JOHNSON, with Housh and Henry, as well as Rudi, Palmer had better weapons than Andy does right now.

Quote:
Yes, log it.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9721

Palmer definitely had some better O-lines as well.

But thought the Palmer/Dalton debates would have ended or slowed after yesterday.

Know that Carson would probably like the subject dropped. Andy is probably indifferent on subject though.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 252124

Quote:
Andy is now 237-374 (63.4%) for 2769 yards, with 23 tds and stuck at 11 ints. Passer rating is now up to 94.0.

On pace for 4,027 yards, 33 tds and 16 ints. He is now 15-12 as starter. He's having a heck of a season, just thought I'd point it out.
No sophomore slump for Dalton. He is rapidly becoming a terrific QB!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Palmer definitely had some better O-lines as well.

But thought the Palmer/Dalton debates would have ended or slowed after yesterday.

Know that Carson would probably like the subject dropped. Andy is probably indifferent on subject though.
I would say that Corey Dillon was a better RB than BJGE as well.

To me, Andy went 9-7 with the Bengals his rookie year. Don't forget, J Jo left the Bengals as well and went to the Texans that same year.

How would Carson had done in Cincinnati in 2011? With AJ Green, Jay Gruden, and a 2nd round pick not named Andy Dalton? DE Jabaal Sheard or S Rahim Moore or RB Shane Vereen?

I guess we will never know.

Stupid quitter! In the end, the Bengals are better without Carson. Not thanks to Carson, but in spite of Carson.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3412

Quote:

I agree he is having a heck of a season, doing it again with a young WR corps that is just beginning to scratch the surface of what they can be. Ditto the offensive line. Robinson has helped plug the biggest hole on the offensive line (Center) and you are seeing the difference a solid center can make with the two young outstanding guards. The run game was unstoppable yesterday, making it two games in a row. This can only help Andy.

Marvin Jones got some snaps, but didn't record a reception (I don't think). He dropped a potential TD, but I am sure he will progess as Sanu has with more game action. Marvin is the key for this offense to become downright scary. If you have him on the X, opposite AJ, Sanu rotating in the slot with a healthy Hawkins as well as Gresham and Charles as the TEs, you will have a very tough offense.

The defense is really looking strong. My only concern here is the need for more rotation at RDE so Johnson doesn't fade down the stretch.

Special teams, except Tate-who makes me hold my breath every time he carries the ball, are also playing very well.

All three phases hitting their stride at the right time.
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9721

Once I loved Carson,
then I liked him but started to doubt,
then I hated him for quitting on us,
now I just pity him, except his bank account.

Agree with Mulligan that Bengals are winning in spite of Carson. Not thanks to him.
He did not have the Bengals best interest in mind when he flipped everybody the bird and walked away that is for sure.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

Quote:

I was going to start a thread on this. Over the past 3 games he has played at an All-Pro level.

When he doesn't throw interceptions, we are extremely tough to beat.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2514

If you run the ball effectively, Good QB's will come!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30301

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
I was going to start a thread on this. Over the past 3 games he has played at an All-Pro level.

When he doesn't throw interceptions, we are extremely tough to beat.
especially when the D plays like it has...

These last 2 games are teams we Should have Beaten.

But to win by the amounts 18, 22, 24 we have been winning by is pretty crazy.

(broke a record from 1976 was the last time we had 3 back to back wins of over 18 points each)

and The Nuge tied another record from 1979 of a 55 yarder..

**Franchise records that is.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
especially when the D plays like it has...

These last 2 games are teams we Should have Beaten.

But to win by the amounts 18, 22, 24 we have been winning by is pretty crazy.

(broke a record from 1976 was the last time we had 3 back to back wins of over 18 points each)

and The Nuge tied another record from 1979 of a 55 yarder..

**Franchise records that is.
Agreed.

Not turning the ball over helps the defense too.

Take away the interceptions and we beat the Browns atleast.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16879

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
I agree he is having a heck of a season, doing it again with a young WR corps that is just beginning to scratch the surface of what they can be. Ditto the offensive line. Robinson has helped plug the biggest hole on the offensive line (Center) and you are seeing the difference a solid center can make with the two young outstanding guards. The run game was unstoppable yesterday, making it two games in a row. This can only help Andy.

Marvin Jones got some snaps, but didn't record a reception (I don't think). He dropped a potential TD, but I am sure he will progess as Sanu has with more game action. Marvin is the key for this offense to become downright scary. If you have him on the X, opposite AJ, Sanu rotating in the slot with a healthy Hawkins as well as Gresham and Charles as the TEs, you will have a very tough offense.

The defense is really looking strong. My only concern here is the need for more rotation at RDE so Johnson doesn't fade down the stretch.

Special teams, except Tate-who makes me hold my breath every time he carries the ball, are also playing very well.

All three phases hitting their stride at the right time.
We did get to see a flash of Jones speed he had three steps on the DB Dalton just missed him. More reps and that will be cleaned up
Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30301

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Agreed.

Not turning the ball over helps the defense too.

Take away the interceptions and we beat the Browns atleast.
yep offense controlling the Ball

Marvin is now..

32-7 when he has a 100 yard rusher.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-26-2012, 02:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13223

Quote:

All he has ever done, is win games.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
We did get to see a flash of Jones speed he had three steps on the DB Dalton just missed him. More reps and that will be cleaned up
That is scary, because if he develops the question becomes. How do you triple cover AJ?
How do you double both Jones and Green?

How do you stop a TE, Slot WR, or the RB if you double both Jones and Green.

This is starting to look better and better. Our pass defense should bloom as it gets more time together.

"I do solemnly swear to Protect and Defend the Consitution of the United States of America Against All Enemies Foereign and Domestic."
We swear to Protect and Defend a Consitution not a party, or a president
Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 36340

Quote:
0.3% would actually add up to 1.5 more picks in a 500 attempt season. That said, I wasn't trying to make a dig at Palmer. I was only using him as a reference because so many hold him in high regard and yet so many are critical of Dalton.

I don't want to get into another never ending Palmer debate, but I will say this, when he had Chad JOHNSON, with Housh and Henry, as well as Rudi, Palmer had better weapons than Andy does right now.
I've already said the same thing. Dalton is money, I've been saying that. I'd love to see Dalton have the advantage of weapons like that. Sanu is stepping up, perhaps M. Jones can run by guys like Henry did, not likely but a consistent Gresh would offset not having a run past everybody guy anyway, so we'll see how it goes. At any rate, I agree.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTrucker View Post
That is scary, because if he develops the question becomes. How do you triple cover AJ?
How do you double both Jones and Green?

How do you stop a TE, Slot WR, or the RB if you double both Jones and Green.

This is starting to look better and better. Our pass defense should bloom as it gets more time together.
Now imagine having this scenario for at least the next 5 or 6 years.....

The great thing is that all of these guys (Dalton, Green, Jones, Sanu, Hawkins, Gresham) have landed on the team at essentially the same time and will grow together exponentially over the next few years. If you keep this core together; that becomes a very scary crew.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16345

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAv View Post
Now imagine having this scenario for at least the next 5 or 6 years.....

The great thing is that all of these guys (Dalton, Green, Jones, Sanu, Hawkins, Gresham) have landed on the team at essentially the same time and will grow together exponentially over the next few years. If you keep this core together; that becomes a very scary crew.
And Whalen. And Charles.

And the oline (outside of Whitworth).

Only piece we're missing for the core is a running back.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I would say that Corey Dillon was a better RB than BJGE as well.

To me, Andy went 9-7 with the Bengals his rookie year. Don't forget, J Jo left the Bengals as well and went to the Texans that same year.

How would Carson had done in Cincinnati in 2011? With AJ Green, Jay Gruden, and a 2nd round pick not named Andy Dalton? DE Jabaal Sheard or S Rahim Moore or RB Shane Vereen?

I guess we will never know.

Stupid quitter! In the end, the Bengals are better without Carson. Not thanks to Carson, but in spite of Carson.
Dillon was awesome! He could break tackle and go for 80 yards.

Palmer had Chris Perry catching 50 or 60 balls out of the backfield too. That 2005 Bengals team was loaded on offense. TE was the only position that probably wasn't loaded.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
And Whalen. And Charles.

And the oline (outside of Whitworth).

Only piece we're missing for the core is a running back.
Very valid point also.

We'll have to see if these last two games have been a fluke for Green-Ellis and maybe its just a circumstance of playing poor teams. Or perhaps, the O-line has gotten a boost from ditching Faine in favor of Robinson and we're actually getting a better blocking scheme going. So far, I'm conent with what I've seen from mixing it up with Peerman and BJGE. Not amazing but getting the job done pretty well.