Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36721
Default Re: Shameful behavior by fans as Palmer exits after the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
The biggest thing the soap box guys need to realize is that as a Bengals fan, you're on one side of the other on the Palmer issue and no amount of wasted breath will change that, so...PLEASE STOP TRYING.
Yea what do you jungle noise makers call it? The haters and the homers?

Peace out. I'm headed back to my lounge chair on jungle beach.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11244

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
No doubt he's in a better place now
I thought this statement was funny on it's own.

It's like he's passed away.

If so... St. Peter must've not liked his azz caused he landed in "The Hole" within Oakland.

Black Hole Sun !!! Black Hole Sun !!!

Maybe Cornell was talking about burning in Oakland.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Town-Fan View Post
I watched him walk off the field and honestly didn't see any beer get poured on him.
I was personally standing at the top of the tunnel when he ran off the field, there was one cup of beer tossed onto the field and was nowhere near Palmer. Whoever "broke" this story is just reaching for a reaction.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Shameful behavior by fans as Palmer exits after the game

Quote:
I heard it was Oakland fans.

good one
Old 11-25-2012, 11:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11244

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsGM View Post
I was personally standing at the top of the tunnel when he ran off the field, there was one cup of beer tossed onto the field and was nowhere near Palmer. Whoever "broke" this story is just reaching for a reaction.

Thanks for throwing your O'Tooles MB.

You're the bestest.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34572

This was every bit as made up as the trash on his lawn BS.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 103

No big in my books, it's just beer, if that up sets him, well carson needs to harden up.
It was probably Raiders fans anyways.
Want to see shameful behavior, try going to Oakland wearing a Bengals jersey.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13837

A solid chorus of 'na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye' would have sufficed.

You have the right to do what ever you want to do until it effects somebody else's rights. He had the right to not be covered in beer. Not only that, but CP9(3) is not worth the $7.50 in beer.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13837

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochee22 View Post
Did Palmer report this to the SanFran Chronicle in a post game? Was there a reporter from the Chronicle that was at the game witnessing beer being poured on him? I hope it's not true.
Maybe it was his wife who reported it?

And maybe it was not beer (anymore).
Old 11-26-2012, 12:41 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 434

Yeah that is pretty stupid, you shouldn't ever physically do anything to another player.

I think some "**** you's" and flip-offs would of done just enough lol and maybe "How you like geno atkins?"
Old 11-26-2012, 12:41 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2172

Quote:
I watched him walk off the field and honestly didn't see any beer get poured on him.
It's Carson Palmer.. He prob made it up. Just like the trash on his yard. The guy is full of it.
Can't stand him... That being said if it did happen and highly doubt it then that's just wrong.. And not how we act.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17152

Goodness this is tragic. Someone made Carson Palmer a little bit wet, and little sticky. This is the crime of the century.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1544

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalbiff View Post
I remember Chad getting doused with beer in Cleveland when he jumped in the stands. Did every sports news organization blow it up and use it to say Browns fans are classless bums? With that said it really is sad if someone did this. I think the NFL as a whole needs to crack down on drunken fans at the games. Having a couple beers is one thing but some people get absolutely hammered while at games and I think that is uncalled for and leads to people to do stupid stuff.
actually, on NFL network they were calling those fans classless. I remember that one.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 146

thank you fan who poured beer on Palmer..UR MY HERO
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38280

Quote:
2007. The last year Carson finished the year with a higher QB rating than Jason Campbell.
In your opinion, Campbell is a better QB? Is that your statement?
Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
I find it hilarious that anyone would consider this anything other than funny.

He deserved worse.
This is dumb. Do you think the NFL some sort of police state where men sacrifice basic liberties like choosing to quit a job they hate? Apparently you do if you think it's rather a cool thing that the guy got beer or whatever thrown on him, if it happened. He quit on the team you root for, and....exactly what did he "deserve" for that treason? Get over yourself.

Quote:
Nope, it was after I told a bunch of people to F. off and then returned to their house.
Your perspective on this issue is the most complete and terrific example of hypocrisy ever on these boards considering your love for Chad. You know that right?

Quote:
But he sure has profited from it, hasn't he?
Not nearly as much as the guy he quit on. Mike Brown is universally reviled around here, but no one can understand why Palmer banged out?

Does that make any sense to you at all?

It really is ridiculous. Ppl just aren't thinking it through....at all.

Last edited by savagehenry54; 11-26-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:41 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who2Dey View Post
What would you do if someone poured beer on you? Take it like a p****....probably so and can't say I'm surprised.

Is it really that out there to say people shouldn't get beer poured on them at their jobs? Seems reasonable to me, guess I'm just funny that way. Doucher.
You do not even know if it happened. I agree it is classless. However you seem to be taking way too much offense to it. Your defense of Palmer is bordering on strange as you have repeatedly attacked the fans while defending him.

Guys get booed even by fans of their team. It happens every week somewhere. Heck the KC fans were out of their minds booing Cassel. Fans are passionate. No excuse for him to leave in the cowardly fashion that he did.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
This was every bit as made up as the trash on his lawn BS.
That was my first thought as well in reading this thread, the phony trash-on-lawn story.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You do not even know if it happened. I agree it is classless. However you seem to be taking way too much offense to it. Your defense of Palmer is bordering on strange as you have repeatedly attacked the fans while defending him.

Guys get booed even by fans of their team. It happens every week somewhere. Heck the KC fans were out of their minds booing Cassel. Fans are passionate. No excuse for him to leave in the cowardly fashion that he did.
That's probably why Palmer has said repeatedly his sole reason for leaving was Mike Brown. Just like all the other players who bailed or tried to have said, it was the ownership that drove them away.

And there is nothing cowardly about getting sick of a job and quitting. Ppl who make him out to be some terrible person for doing so need to quit crying over spilled beer, if ya know whut I mean.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25918

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
That's probably why Palmer has said repeatedly his sole reason for leaving was Mike Brown. Just like all the other players who bailed or tried to have said, it was the ownership that drove them away.

And there is nothing cowardly about getting sick of a job and quitting. Ppl who make him out to be some terrible person for doing so need to quit crying over spilled beer, if ya know whut I mean.
Guess I was just raised to finish what I had I started. I have as well raised my children to honor their commitments. I just feel it is the right thing to do. Let's be honest....things have been a certain way in Cincinnati for a long time. It had been the same way since he was drafted until he signed the extension that made him the highest paid player in the league.

If he felt so strongly about certain things then why sign the extension in the first place? Did he think in some fantasy world that things would change completely in a year or two? If I am not mistaken that contract as well paid a nice chunk of upfront money but all I hear is he left X amount on the table.

It is what it is.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 44

He looked like he did before when he was here we were at the game with some raider fans around us they left early in the fourth quarter they were very polite and did not say much. Everyone should now be content with how things ended up for us. For Carson be careful what you wish for Oakland will take several more drafts to correct their problems with less picks. He does not have that much time left in his career. I always felt he was to cool to play here but I would love to know what caused his decision but it appears we will never know. I do remember some great moments with him at QB when he was here. Like I tell people who question why I have season tickets the last 10 years it is great to watch NFL live football and get to see all the great players that come through here but as far as Carson goes he looked the same to me before he left. On another thought Geneo hitting Carson set the tone for the game and we never looked back.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10170

Yea I dont doubt for a second that this happened.. Carson is staying classy by not saying anything about it. Yea he left the team on bad terms but he stayed classy about it, he didnt deserve to be humiliated like that after the game. We got justice on the field that was enough, if I would have been there to witness, Bengals or Raiders fan I would have punched you in the mouth.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 14157

Do not agree with the beer being poured on poor little Carson.

But it may have very well been a Raiders fan. They were cursing him at the end as well. The ones around me calling for a trade. Plus he was on his way to the shower anyway.

Carson should not cry over a little spilled milk, or beer in this case.

Bottom line, the fan was wrong and Carson's quitting was as well. Both are fools.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25812

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post

I have stated numerous times that I don't know if it happened.

My argument has zero to do with Carson and everything to do with idiot fanboy that think they can dump beer on football players without repercussions. It's about acting like a civilized human. Try walking in your job today and dumping beer on a coworker and see how he reacts.

What the hells wrong with people. Stop trying to be idiots and arguing dumping beer is OK, it's not.

And save the "he signed a contract" bs. owners don't have to honor contracts and can terminate them anytime why should the players.

People try using common sense for once. Half of ya are trolls the other half still crying because he talks **** about your crappy school(osu)
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-26-2012, 08:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4383

Quote:
That is just more twitter BS. Just like the trash on the lawn...not one of his neighbors saw a single piece of trash. I wouldn't be suprised at all if some *** clown agent didn't draw both of these things up.

The booing was perfect. The cheering as he got pummeled was perfect. The Bengals players, fans, and owner handled Palmer perfectly. Goodbye, quitter. You are not at all missed.