Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2056
Default 3rd Blowout Victory Mock

- Im gonna have us picking around the 21 area, Raiders will be top 10 atleast. Ill follow CBS rankings and try to stick around that area for this draft.

- We address one of our big needs in Free Agency, for this mock Ill go with DE, perhaps a Freeney. Also sign most of our big guys( Smith and Johsnon). RBs Scott and Leonard will move on. We also bring back Pacman or Newman, perhaps even both.

Draft :

1. Eric Reid, S, LSU - We have Nelson who is a good S for us but we don't have much else, pair Nelson with Reid and we might finally have a decent pair of Safeties. Hell we traded back last year and grabbed a OG so why not surprise everyone again and go S early.

2. Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford - Manny Lawson probably wont be back, Thomas is the guy to take his spot and all of a sudden our LBs dont look to bad with Howard - Burfict - Thomas. I honestly wouldn't mind bring back Rey considering he has been playing better, for depth if nothing else.

2. Joseph Randle, RB, OSU - Little early according to the CBS rankings here but I like this guy, from everything I have seen he runs with good speed and power, has good hands and has shown he is capable of picking up the blitz. I do think we keep BJGE around but were gonna need a little something more to go with BJGE and Peerman and he will most likely be on the field early and often for us.

3. Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas - I know many dont want WR but imo its still a need unless we have a guy like Marvin Jones step up the last few games. Imagine a lineup of AJ - Hamilton - Sanu(slot) for Andy to throw to. Hamilton imo is a steal in 3, great size at 6-3 and has good, speed, hands, and run after the catch.

4. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon - Legit speed and can make some plays for us whether that be out of the backfield or in the return game. Next year will be Randle - BJGE(short yardage) - Barner - Peerman, I think Peerman continues to be a special teams player and Barner takes the role Leonard leaves behind.

5. Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois - He has had some issues with a DUI a while back and broke his jaw before the start of this season and has been disappointing in his return. He was one of the top few guys at his position last year but has had a down year this season. I think if this guy can add some weight he can work his way into our rotation. Id like to take a risk here with a guy who has the skills to be a good player.

6. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama - We like to carry 3 TE's it seems so why not get a young guy with size who has been quite a good blocker for Alabama this year to replace Richard Quinn.

6. Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State - Nugent has missed a few kicks he is expected to make the last few weeks and while im not completely ready to bring in someone else I wouldn't mind some competition in the off season.

Passed on CB, OC, Back up QB because I think we will be fine at all of those spots.

CB: Hall - Dre - Allen - Pacman - Newman/Prater

OC : I like Trevor Robinson and I think Cook should play better with decent OG play.

Back up QB : Either grab a young guy from the roster or bring in a veteran.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2528
Default Re: 3rd Blowout Victory Mock

It's really not bad, but I'd have slight preference differences. I haven't seen enough of Reid to make the assumption he's separated from the pack. I don't prefer a WR, but some teams draft one every year (NYG comes to mind). This class of WR looks meh, so I'm not sure one falls through the cracks past the 2nd day.

I don't think there's any reason to draft a Kicker. Plenty of guys you can bring in if you want competition. Nuge is fine, imo.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28114

If we are picking in the 20s I could see us taking Reid, and would like the pic.

Love round 2 and Barner.

Buchanan is a bit of a gamble, but it's only a 5.

Not a fan of the rest.

Overall though I would be happy with that draft. But you don't use a draft pick on a kicker who will be "competition". You use a draft pick on a kicker if you plan on making him "The Man".

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
If we are picking in the 20s I could see us taking Reid, and would like the pic.

Love round 2 and Barner.

Buchanan is a bit of a gamble, but it's only a 5.

Not a fan of the rest.

Overall though I would be happy with that draft. But you don't use a draft pick on a kicker who will be "competition". You use a draft pick on a kicker if you plan on making him "The Man".
Well if someone likes everything but the 3rd and 6th round I can live with that.

I will defend the 3rd round pick by saying we don't have a legit #2 atm but if Jones steps up then Ill take him out but until then I still see it as a need and if I can get a 6'3 WR with good hands and speed in 3 Im gonna take him.

As for the 6th round pick, The TE pick is to replace Quinn and is a good size TE that can block.

The kicker pick honestly would change if Nugent stops missing kicks but as of now he has ****** me off a few times the last few weeks, Also im not just gonna assume anyone is the man, I think competition is always better.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 28114

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
Well if someone likes everything but the 3rd and 6th round I can live with that.

I will defend the 3rd round pick by saying we don't have a legit #2 atm but if Jones steps up then Ill take him out but until then I still see it as a need and if I can get a 6'3 WR with good hands and speed in 3 Im gonna take him.

As for the 6th round pick, The TE pick is to replace Quinn and is a good size TE that can block.

The kicker pick honestly would change if Nugent stops missing kicks but as of now he has ****** me off a few times the last few weeks, Also im not just gonna assume anyone is the man, I think competition is always better.
I don't have a problem with competition. But you sign a college free agent for competition.

As for Nuge the miss last week was no gimme under good conditions, and was wind aided. And I am not going to fault him for missing a 48 yarder, especially in a non-clutch situation. And I don't know the exact length of his misses, but I know 2 of the 4 were 48 yards or longer. He is 7 of 11 beyond 40 and perfect inside 40.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
I don't have a problem with competition. But you sign a college free agent for competition.

As for Nuge the miss last week was no gimme under good conditions, and was wind aided. And I am not going to fault him for missing a 48 yarder, especially in a non-clutch situation. And I don't know the exact length of his misses, but I know 2 of the 4 were 48 yards or longer. He is 7 of 11 beyond 40 and perfect inside 40.
A franchised tagged kicker shouldn't struggle to hit FGs at or under 50 yards.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1540

Personally I think we should be looking at a FS and not a SS. Crocker has been the best DB on the team, and Nelson has looked like crap.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:03 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
Personally I think we should be looking at a FS and not a SS. Crocker has been the best DB on the team, and Nelson has looked like crap.

Our best bet would be to draft a FS and a SS.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4929

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Our best bet would be to draft a FS and a SS.
Rambo and Williams... yes please.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2528

Don't forget we have Iloka, Sands, and Dye on the roster. Two are hurt and the other inactive, but they can develop. One starter-material draft pick early would suffice imo.