Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Bengals versus....

Bengals versus.... A forum for visiting fans to partake in conversations with Bengals fans about upcoming games or the Bengals in general. Please leave the trash talk in the Smack Talk subforum below. Formerly the Game Day subforum (Game Day threads remain here).

Old 11-25-2012, 05:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4351
Default Re: Whitworth don't take no crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
dude threw our Qb on the Ground after the play was over. Whitworth did the right thing plus it gave the team a major boost which in all honesty is why he did it.
It happens all the time in the NFL.... not everyone hears the whistle....
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1731
bengals Re: Whitworth don't take no crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
Defend his QB from what? That was not a hard hit. I know I am in the minority, but Whitworth wasn't protecting his QB after ejected. It was completely stupid.
i think it was super fine with me and i was so glad to see whit get in a fight. it was beautiful and i guaranteed you all his teammates is highfivin him right now and i will throw in some bucks to help pay his fine and i also want to get a feedback from all you music buffs out there to think of a good tune to play when he walks out of the tunnel next home game. maybe one of the rocky tunes. i just loved it. i used to get into fights over this team in bars all the time.i loved the physical nature of pounding a guy in his pickin face after he did what he did to our qb, and besides nobody on here knows what was said of what led up to this, all of us know whit is pretty cool , so something major happened to cause this. it will come out later in the week, but for me i so loved it all. lets go., lets rock our house next home game.GREAT WIN. SO GLAD TO SEE IT.NEXT ONE WILL BE SUPER TOUGH, AND andy dalton cannot overthrow his receivers all game like he has been all year and win on the road.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 711

Quote:
How about you watch it again? Dalton was in no danger.... 0....none.... Whitworth didn't do anybody any favors with his reaction. Go ahead though praise him for his foolishness.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???????? HE WAS IN NO DANGER?????? Whenever a QB goes to the ground he is in danger!!! What Whit did absolutely correct in my opinion and showed why he is a leader on the field for our team. Not only did they slam Dalton to the ground after the whistle, they also got in his face as he was getting up. BIG UPS WHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHODEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13103

Whit is a good man for this. Definitely the heart of the offense.

Anyone remember the last time a Bengal got ejected and who it was? I do.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 55337

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Whit is a good man for this. Definitely the heart of the offense.

Anyone remember the last time a Bengal got ejected and who it was? I do.
Wasn't it Whit 3 - 4 years ago? I remember he got into it w/someone, lost his helmet etc. I was at that game, but can't remember who it was against.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 41

Quote:
what a f***ing moron. Bro I was at the game sitting right behind where this happened, the whistle was blown about ten times and the blocker on Houston disengaged obviously and he grabbed Dalton low and whipped him to the ground. The fans of the other 31 teams in the league would be just as ****** as we were, but leave it to fans like you to act like total p******.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:30 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 78659

I want guys on our team who are gonna stick up for each other and not put up with crap. Serve notice on the mother****ers.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats forever View Post
Wasn't it Whit 3 - 4 years ago? I remember he got into it w/someone, lost his helmet etc. I was at that game, but can't remember who it was against.
That was the fight with Haynesworth in Tennessee. 2008, I believe. Whit took it to him.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13103

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcats forever View Post
2008 vs the Jaguars. The D-Lineman was getting put on his *** by Whit all game and finally flipped out, trying to gouge out Whit's eyes. In retaliation, Whit haymakered the guy upside his head (helmet and all).
Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 128

Quote:
No I grasp WHY.... I just disagree with it... that is all.... he wasn't protecting the QB
you must be anti-Enforcers in hockey too...
Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 55337

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
2008 vs the Jaguars. The D-Lineman was getting put on his *** by Whit all game and finally flipped out, trying to gouge out Whit's eyes. In retaliation, Whit haymakered the guy upside his head (helmet and all).
Yep - that was it! It's all coming back now....sorta
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 711

Quote:
How about you watch it again? Dalton was in no danger.... 0....none.... Whitworth didn't do anybody any favors with his reaction. Go ahead though praise him for his foolishness.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???????? HE WAS IN NO DANGER?????? Whenever a QB goes to the ground he is in danger!!! What Whit did absolutely correct in my opinion and showed why he is a leader on the field for our team. Not only did they slam Dalton to the ground after the whistle, they also got in his face as he was getting up. BIG UPS WHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHODEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
That was the fight with Haynesworth in Tennessee. 2008, I believe. Whit took it to him.
Joooooohn Henderson

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Joooooohn Henderson
Yeah... there was that one too.

He took it to Henderson and Haynesworth. Whit da man!
Old 11-25-2012, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigels View Post
what a f***ing moron. Bro I was at the game sitting right behind where this happened, the whistle was blown about ten times and the blocker on Houston disengaged obviously and he grabbed Dalton low and whipped him to the ground. The fans of the other 31 teams in the league would be just as ****** as we were, but leave it to fans like you to act like total p******.
This board is FULL of pansies tonight. You're right man.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28443

Excuse me? Some Raider thug just kept going after the play had been blown dead and body slammed Andy Dalton and you Kumbayah-singing milquetoasts think Andrew Whitworth was wrong in confronting the thug? Any time a defensive lineman pile-drives a quarterback to the ground, that quarterback is in danger.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Excuse me? Some Raider thug just kept going after the play had been blown dead and body slammed Andy Dalton and you Kumbayah-singing milquetoasts think Andrew Whitworth was wrong in confronting the thug? Any time a defensive lineman pile-drives a quarterback to the ground, that quarterback is in danger.
You must have zero idea of what a pile drive is.....
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
you must be anti-Enforcers in hockey too...
Don't watch hockey so I could care less....
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33217

Quote:
The whistle had blown long before and they still decided to ragdoll our QB. It is about respect. As the leader of our O-line and a captain, Whit stepped up and called them out. They can take that chicken **** stuff somewhere else. Cincy ain't havin' it!
I agree, I just hope he isn't suspended.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigels View Post
Yes you are a moron.... but I can forgive you..... 1st you don't know if HE heard the whistle.... 2nd Whit wasn't defending his QB after he got ejected. 3rd Ndamakong Suh kicked Matt Shaub in the groin (a far more gregarious act) and you didn't see any Houston Lineman go full **** on Suh..... You have to keep a level head out there. Do I believe it was a cheap shot? yes! Should a flag have been thrown? Yes! Yet even if a flag was thrown for Roughing the Passer (which would have netted us 15 yards) it would have been wiped out by Whitworth's boneheaded retaliation. Why isn't anyone mad at the Smith or Zeitler for allowing Houston a chance to even get to Dalton, you protect the QB BEFORE he is hit not AFTER.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 245

Quote:
There wasn't just one whistle, there were about 10. The reaction was spot on by Whitworth. The fact that Dalton wasn't injured is totally irrelevant in this case. The Raiders were trying to send a message following the awful call. Whitworth sent his own message to them, and the rest of the league that BS like that will NOT be taken lightly. Do you think a better message would be...Go ahead and take cheap shots until Dalton is injured?

It's football, the NFL. If you get e rep for being soft, it's time to hang up the cleats, because every player on every team in the league will test that. Whitworth is the leader of the O-Line, and a team captain. He showed why yesterday. The Bengals will not be punked and pushed around by anyone.

As for his being suspended, he likely will be fined, but not suspended. But lets say he is suspended for a game. Anthony Collins is a solid back-up, and I'll guarantee you the other 4 guys on that line will be playing with a bit more fire.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:
Whitworth don't take no crap... he dishes it out.

That is all.
Get paid to protect Andy..

And takes his job seriously.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467

Quote:
Yes you are a moron.... but I can forgive you..... 1st you don't know if HE heard the whistle.... 2nd Whit wasn't defending his QB after he got ejected. 3rd Ndamakong Suh kicked Matt Shaub in the groin (a far more gregarious act) and you didn't see any Houston Lineman go full **** on Suh..... You have to keep a level head out there. Do I believe it was a cheap shot? yes! Should a flag have been thrown? Yes! Yet even if a flag was thrown for Roughing the Passer (which would have netted us 15 yards) it would have been wiped out by Whitworth's boneheaded retaliation. Why isn't anyone mad at the Smith or Zeitler for allowing Houston a chance to even get to Dalton, you protect the QB BEFORE he is hit not AFTER.
What whit did was Smart.

He might have gotten ejected but didnt throw the first punch from what i heard.

And it totally killed all the momentum the Raiders had gained.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8847

Quote:
Whitworth was completely stupid for what he did. There was 0 reason for acting like that. I hope he doesn't get suspended yet I can't blame the NFL if they did.
He just made the statement that you don't hit his QB in our house without punishment. He just made it very clear.

That's what a captain is supposed to do.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 3545

I'm fine with what he did..For way too long we were always the team who had the QB taking the late hit and no one said anything..No one did anything...Announcers would be like "well if you're on the Bengals, you're not gonna get an officials call on a late hit." Sadly that was so true..But finally Whitworth showed that he had the cajones to buck up on a fool when he feels his team mate was being done wrong on the field. When other teams do it, its all fine and dandy but when one of the Bengals do it, its being labeled as dumb by some of you. I applaud Whitworth for showing a fire that I haven't seen on this team in a VERY LONG TIME!