Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21112
Default Bengals doing what they should do, 2 games straight

The Chiefs were a bad team, and the Bengals defeated them, as expected.

The Raiders were also a bad team, and the Bengals had a massive advantage knowing Palmer and having the inside tracker on Oakland since Hue is on the Cincinnati coaching staff. As a result, they dominated as I predicted they would if the coaching staff did their jobs, which they did.

Point is, are fans so beaten down by this team that when they simple do as a normal teams would, beating bad teams with ease, that fans start making threads liek the Bengals are world beaters? It is good that the Bengals are on a streak, and hope they have turned the corner. In the past, they always played down to bad teams and rarely closed out a game. This was one of the big reasons the Bengals are always bad, since the back ups don't get playing time in blow outs, like Steelers, Patriots, Saints, etc... orchestrate with regularity. The depth gets to play and players are evaluated under live bullets, versus having to play the starters all 4 quarters and never getting to know what's on the bench. This last game was in big step forward for that reason.

Good to see the Bengals do what is expected out of regular teams and put away 2 easy wins. Hopefully they can continue the trend in the future.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Yay
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1084
Default Re: Bengals doing what they should do, 2 games straight

With the Giants beating out Green Bay...that made my day even more. We beat the crap out of the Giants. Makes us look even better :)
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 56

It's just nice to see the Bengals win some games with ease. It seems like they are always in a dogfight every game no matter how good the team is. Hopefully they keep this up.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8920

Another good test of this next week. The Chargers are much better talent-wise than their 4-7 record, but are a poorly coached team who find new and creative ways to blow games every week (they gave up a 4th-and-29 yesterday with the game on the line!). We're the better football team right now, but it won't necessarily be easy taking care of business against them.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4782

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post

The Raiders were also a bad team, and the Bengals had a massive advantage knowing Palmer and having the inside tracker on Oakland since Hue is on the Cincinnati coaching staff. As a result, they dominated as I predicted they would if the coaching staff did their jobs, which they did.

Point is, are fans so beaten down by this team that when they simple do as a normal teams would, beating bad teams with ease, that fans start making threads liek the Bengals are world beaters? It is good that the Bengals are on a streak, and hope they have turned the corner. In the past, they always played down to bad teams and rarely closed out a game. This was one of the big reasons the Bengals are always bad, since the back ups don't get playing time in blow outs, like Steelers, Patriots, Saints, etc... orchestrate with regularity. The depth gets to play and players are evaluated under live bullets, versus having to play the starters all 4 quarters and never getting to know what's on the bench. This last game was in big step forward for that reason.

Good to see the Bengals do what is expected out of regular teams and put away 2 easy wins. Hopefully they can continue the trend in the future.
Let down games are not just a Bengals issue, but an everyone issue. I think the celebration comes due to the team not only winning, but winning with authority. I mean look at the Chiefs taking the Broncos to the wire. Look at that Raiders team we just smashed and how they played Pittsburgh. The fact we are winning by such large margins means we aren't just winning we are dominating, something we haven't done in a very long time.

Last edited by Au165; 11-26-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73249

Serving up wins of 18+ isn't an expected thing, even when playing a bad team. Most good teams have at least some struggle, and it only makes sense that a close win would be in order there. The team is instead straight dominating everything in their path. That's very impressive
Old 11-26-2012, 10:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Serving up wins of 18+ isn't an expected thing, even when playing a bad team. Most good teams have at least some struggle, and it only makes sense that a close win would be in order there. The team is instead straight dominating everything in their path. That's very impressive

You didn't expect a big win playing against the Raiders?

The Bengals know Palmer intimately, and Hue was the Raiders HC for some years until just recently. Plus the Raiders are a bad team.

If those three things don't stack the deck so heavily in the Bengals favor to lean towards an blowout, dominant win, I don't know what does.

Unless it is the expectation for the Bengals to disappoint...
Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

You didn't expect a big win playing against the Raiders?

The Bengals know Palmer intimately, and Hue was the Raiders HC for some years until just recently. Plus the Raiders are a bad team.

If those three things don't stack the deck so heavily in the Bengals favor to lean towards an blowout, dominant win, I don't know what does.

Unless it is the expectation for the Bengals to disappoint...
Your bordering on trolling here. No you can't expect 18+ point wins against anyone in the NFL. Look at the odds every week and anything over 11.5 is somewhat rare.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30133

Quote:

Agree the bengals should have won both games.

But they are winning these games in impressive fashion and building great momentum heading down the stretch...

(this is about the time the giants went on their run last year)

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Your bordering on trolling here. No you can't expect 18+ point wins against anyone in the NFL. Look at the odds every week and anything over 11.5 is somewhat rare.

I did. And even called out that if the team didn't completely dominate the Raiders, then the coaching staff was to blame.

Again, I ask what else would have been needed to guarantee a Bengals blowout bu such a large margin? Maybe being without McFadden, and being relegated to using the FB as the primary running back...

When you looked that the match up objectively before the game, everything pointed towards a Bengals blow out.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I did. And even called out that if the team didn't completely dominate the Raiders, then the coaching staff was to blame.

Again, I ask what else would have been needed to guarantee a Bengals blowout bu such a large margin? Maybe being without McFadden, and being relegated to using the FB as the primary running back...

When you looked that the match up objectively before the game, everything pointed towards a Bengals blow out.
They were only 8.5 point favorites leading up to the game so maybe you should have bet the house since a blow out was guaranteed. I'm sorry but you are just looking for a reason to be a debbie downer.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16844

Quote:

Patriots rarely sit their starters in a blow out. Gronkowski broke his arm in a 50 point blow out
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1014

I thought they played BEAUTIFULLY for 3 out of the 4 quarters yesterday. That 3rd quarter is a big worry though. They amassed a total of -6 yards in the 3rd quarter yesterday. A good team could have really taken advantage of that; luckily we played a poor team. It seemed like our approach to the game completely changed. I know we started running more and passing less, but we went three and out in 3 straight drives to start off the 3rd quarter.

It was fun as hell though to watch AD surgically take apart the pass defense and I forgot how exciting it is to watch a RB break off a 20+ run (happened numerous times yesterday). This team certainly is fun to watch when they are clicking and the last three games, they have been a well oiled machine. Defense is quietly a top 10 defense, which I fully expect to keep inching closer to the Top 5. The offense is moving into the Top 15 and with the teams we play, could easily move into the Top 10. There is sooooo much potential for this young team. They have the taste of 3 HUGE wins and I think they like the result of hard work so I feel it can only get better. They have a chance to rip off another 3 wins in the next 3 weeks (SD, Dallas, Philly - 9-5 overall record). That would be huge going into Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

WHO DEY!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:38 AM
VIP Platinum Member

They were only 8.5 point favorites leading up to the game so maybe you should have bet the house since a blow out was guaranteed. I'm sorry but you are just looking for a reason to be a debbie downer.

That's where the line is set via betting expectations, and public opinion is often against the Bengals.

If you read, I said it should have been a blow out if the coaches did their jobs. If you look at my sig, you should know I don't have the most faith in some coaches doing their jobs...

Plus I think this is a very complimentary thread, as the Bengals are not known for doing what they are supposed to do. This could be the turning of a corner, and hope it is so as they have beaten down to poor teams as they should have done. But keep trying looking for a reason to label me erroneously...
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

That's where the line is set via betting expectations, and public opinion is often against the Bengals.

If you read, I said it should have been a blow out if the coaches did their jobs. If you look at my sig, you should know I don't have the most faith in some coaches doing their jobs...

Plus I think this is a very complimentary thread, as the Bengals are not known for doing what they are supposed to do. This could be the turning of a corner, and hope it is so as they have beaten down to poor teams as they should have done. But keep trying looking for a reason to label me erroneously...
Let me guess we didn't beat the Giants they beat themselves right?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
I thought they played BEAUTIFULLY for 3 out of the 4 quarters yesterday. That 3rd quarter is a big worry though. They amassed a total of -6 yards in the 3rd quarter yesterday. A good team could have really taken advantage of that; luckily we played a poor team. It seemed like our approach to the game completely changed. I know we started running more and passing less, but we went three and out in 3 straight drives to start off the 3rd quarter.

It was fun as hell though to watch AD surgically take apart the pass defense and I forgot how exciting it is to watch a RB break off a 20+ run (happened numerous times yesterday). This team certainly is fun to watch when they are clicking and the last three games, they have been a well oiled machine. Defense is quietly a top 10 defense, which I fully expect to keep inching closer to the Top 5. The offense is moving into the Top 15 and with the teams we play, could easily move into the Top 10. There is sooooo much potential for this young team. They have the taste of 3 HUGE wins and I think they like the result of hard work so I feel it can only get better. They have a chance to rip off another 3 wins in the next 3 weeks (SD, Dallas, Philly - 9-5 overall record). That would be huge going into Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

WHO DEY!!!
3rd Qtr the Raiders were fired up and came out to play hard.. (or were told play hard or be fired dont know)

We weathered their fury and beat them soundly.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-26-2012, 02:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Never said that either, keep trying.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Never said that either, keep trying.
Note the question mark. You just strike me as one of those kind of people....your cute with your negative repping though.

Edit: Nice just piling on the negative rep. Nice to see any sort of confrontation is met with message board tough guy antics. You really showed me.......

Last edited by Au165; 11-26-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
Note the question mark. You just strike me as one of those kind of people....your cute with your negative repping though.

Edit: Nice just piling on the negative rep. Nice to see any sort of confrontation is met with message board tough guy antics.
Gaints beating themselves is probly what most national media guys and the gaints say especially after handling the pats.

But as we know from the last 2 weeks it wasnt a fluke.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry